- Text Size +
Chapter Three

Padme was sitting in her office when Captain Typho knocked on the door.

" Excuse me Milady, but I just wanted to let you know that we will be landing on Coruscant in ten minutes." Typho said standing in the doorway.

" Thank you Captain I will be ready when we land." Padme said as she gave the Captain a smile and nodded.

" Ok ... um ... in the meantime would you like for me to get you something to drink, like tea?" he asked.

" That would be nice thank you." Padme said going back to her writing.

Typho nodded his head, turned away, and headed for the kitchen area to get Padme's tea.

" Man you have it bad, Gregar." Lieutenant Kane said when he saw his boss come into the room with a smile on his face.

" I don't know what you are talking about Kane." Typho said giving his second in command a dirty look.

" I just tell it like I see it that's all I'm saying." Kane said with a small laugh.

He walked into the kitchen, grabbed two cups from the cabinet, and stuck them under the Caf machine. He hit the tea button for Padme's cup while he hit the Caf button for his cup.

Then he began to wonder if what the Lieutenant was saying was true, did he really have feelings for Padme, and if did he wonders if he asked her out, and would she go out with him or just laugh in his face for asking.

But for now he thought it would be a good idea just to keep his feelings to himself.

Once the cups where full of the drinks he picked up Padme's and took it to her.

" Here is your tea Milady." Typho said coming into the office with the cup of tea.

" Thank you Captain, please put it down right here for me." Padme said as she nodded for the spot next to her portable data pad.

" Yes Milady, if there isn't anything else that you need then I'm going to the lounge and relax some before we land." Typho said backing up to the office door.

" I'm fine thank you, ok I will be ready when we land." Padme said putting the pile of chips that were in basket into the small black bag.

Typho just nodded and left the room and made it back into the kitchen to get his Caf before going to his office so that way he could work on a schedule for himself and his men.

Ten minutes later Padme came to the lounge area just as the ship touched down on the landing platform.

Captain Typho opened the hatchway door and headed down the ramp first and came up to the lone cloaked figure waiting at the bottom of the ramp.

" Good afternoon Captain, I take it you all had a good flight. Is the Senator ready?" the lone figure asked.

" Good afternoon Dorme, yes our flight was good and yes the Senator is ready I will have my men bring her bags up to her apartment." Typho said as he looked around the platform to make sure that it was safe for the Padme to come out of the ship.

" Ok I'll be right here waiting for you guys to come down." Dorme said before Typho turned and headed back up the ship.

Typho came back into the ship and saw that his men had brought out the luggage cart that had all of Padme's bags on it.

" Everything is ready Milady so if you are ready we can get you into your apartment." the Captain said as came up to Padme.

" Ok then lets do this, it's ok I'll take this bag." Padme said as Typho reached out for the small bag that was in her hand.

" Um ... ok... the person that is waiting for you down at the end of the rampway is your head of your handmaidens, she will take you to your apartment and there she will introduce you to your handmaidens." Typho said before leading her to the door.

" Ok thank you Captain, well lets not keep my chief of handmaidens waiting then." Padme said as Typho began to lead her down the ramp.

Padme reached to the end of the rampway she came face to face with her friend.

" Padme it's so great to see you again." Dorme said as Padme came up to her and gave her a hug.

" Oh my Dorme it's so great to see you too, I didn't know that you were going to be my Chief of the handmaidens." Padme said as she let go of her friend so she could look at her friend's face.
" Yes it's me and when the Queen was picking handmaidens to come and work of you I asked if I could join your staff, and then the next thing I know she gave me the head position as your Chief of Handmaidens. And speaking of handmaidens I believe we should go inside so that way you can meet your other handmaidens, bodyguards and even decoys." Dorme said as she began to lead Padme inside the building.

Walking into the apartment and Padme looked around in total awe and how beautiful the living area was decorated with pictures of Naboo, and standing in a line in front of Padme's bedroom was four other handmaidens.

" Milady I would like for you to meet, you decoy, Corde. Then you have your two bodyguards, Verse and Motee, and your hairstyles Elle and she is also your chamber maid too. As for me I will not only act as your bodyguard, but also your personal assadent too." Dorme said as she introduced Padme to her staff.

" It's nice to meet all of you and I hope that we all work wonderful together well I would like to relax some before I head over to the Senate building to my office." Padme said, as she looked at all the girls and gave them a very warm and welcoming smile.

" Thank you Milady." the girls said together.

" Motee can you go with Elle and get Milady's bags from the security area and you can start putting her things away after she leaves for the Senate building. Now Milady if you follow me I can show you to your rooms." Dorme said as she nodded for the two girls to leave and get the bags.

" So who stays here in the apartment with me?" Padme asked as Dorme opened the bedroom door and walked into a very large room.

" I will be staying here with you, the other girls have smaller apartments here on this floor since your whole apartment takes up most of the floor and your staff also lives on this floor too." Dorme said as she went over to the huge windows and drew the blinds so the sunlight was blocked from coming into the room.

" Ok thank you well I think I'm going to lay down for an hour and then we can head over to the Senate building in an hour." Padme said as she went over to her bed and sat down on it.

" Yes Milady, oh this door here leads into the refresher and the door over there is your closet. If you like me to draw you a bath so that way you can relax some." Dorme said walking over to the door that leads to the refresher.

" Thanks but I think I'll just lay down, maybe tonight before I go to bed I'll take a hot bath." Padme said as she started taking off her shoes.

Dorme left the room, headed to her room, and sat down on her bed so that way she could go over the schedule that she had made for her and the other girls.
Two hours later Dorme, Corde and Padme got into an air shuttle and it took them over to the Senate building.