- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Trying to get back into writing, though this was finished years ago and is only being posted. But hopefully after I see the BSB documentary next weekend I'll have some new and exciting ideas. Here's hoping! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea and any non-BSB related characters. BSB own themselves. Thank-you.
In the car (again)…

“Hey! I love this song!” Lenore cried. “Turn it up! Please!”

“But it’s N’SYNC,” Nick groaned. “I mean, like, c’mon. We’re way better than them, yet you want us to blare one of their songs throughout our car.”

“Nick, stop being such a baby ‘bout the whole rivalry thing,” she retorted. “I love N’SYNC, okay? And if you’ve gotta problem with that, well, then, you’re not as understanding as I thought you were.”

“Give me one good reason why you like N’SYNC and I’ll turn the radio up,” Nick rejoined, waited a couple seconds, then said, “I’m waiting.”

“One word for you, JC,” Lenore said dreamily. “Mm! Mm!”

“What’s so great ‘bout JC?” Nick demanded. “Hmm?”

“As far as I’m concerned, he’s N’SYNC’s Brian,” Lenore verified. “And whoever don’t like that fact, can go and screw a tree for all I care.”

“Now, kindly turn the song up Nick,” she ordered. “Or I’m walking home!”

Nick turned it up for her and slouched down in his seat pouting. Although she’d missed the first part of This I Promise You, she seemed quite content with the fact that she hadn’t missed JC.

After This I Promise You, I Want It That Way came on, and she asked Nick to turn it up a little louder, which he gladly did.

“Nick is a prick, a real dick. Believe when I say he pouts everyday. But they are better than N’SYNC. Nick hasn’t got a heart. When I say, I love JC anyway. Tell me why, Nick ain’t zealous. Tell me why, Nick is jealous. Tell me why, he doesn’t like to hear me say, I love JC anyway,” she sang.

“JC is my fire, my one desire. Desire. Nick’s too late, ‘cause I love JC anyway. Tell me why, Nick doesn’t understand. Tell me why, he expects us to obey his commands. Tell me why, he doesn’t like to hear me say, I love JC anyway.”

“Now I can see I’ve broken his heart. It’s not like it used to be. Yeah. No matter what happens, I want Nick to know, what JC means to me. Nick is a prick, a real dick. He is, he is, he is, he is….”

“Doesn’t wanna hear me say… he ain’t zealous, he is jealous. Gotta hear me say. He never wants to hear me say. Oh, yeah. I love JC anyway. Tell me why, Nick doesn’t understand. Tell me why, he expects us to obey his commands. Tell me why, he doesn’t like to hear me say, I love JC anyway. Tell me why… Nick ain’t zealous. Nick is jealous. Tell me why, he doesn’t like to hear me say, I love JC anyway (?). ‘Cause I love JC anyway.”

Once she’d finished, she burst into a fit of giggles, after seeing the look on Nick’s face.

“Ohmygod!” She managed.

Everyone else, minus Nick, was laughing along with her.

“Aw, cheer up Frack, it ain’t every day we get to hear a fan’s parody to one of our songs,” Brian commented. “She did state we are better than N’SYNC, so I don’t see why you’re all upset about her version of the song.”

“That’s not the point,” Nick grumbled.

“Nick,” Lenore started, once her laughter had subsided. “I was only teasing you. I do love JC, despite what you may do, say, or think. But I love you a whole bunch too.”

“Really?” Nick asked looking like a forlorn child.

“Nick, who wouldn’t love you?” She smiled. “Other than the non-fans and people who don’t literally know you.”

“Okay, you’re forgiven,” Nick smirked. “But only on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“You come to our show tomorrow night with your family.”

“Consider it a done deal,” she grinned. “Just don’t be upset if we all happen to scream for Kevin at some point. Though, I can guarantee you’ll have two people screaming for you non-stop.”

“Yeah?” Nick questioned as his face lit up. “Who?”

“My fourteen year-old sister, and eight year-old cousin,” she chuckled. “My eleven year-old cousin will be screaming hysterically for Alex; in the meantime, our Mom’s will be screaming for Kevin. And while our Dad’s just stand there and enjoy the show, minus a few dance moves, I’ll be screaming for all of you, just for the sake of doing so.”

The guys laughed, as did she.

“Uh, anyone gotta phone I could use?” She asked. “I’d like to call home and let my Uncle John know we’re coming.”

“Sure,” Howie answered. “Here, you can use mine.

“Thanks Howie,” she said as she opened his cell and got directions on how to use it.