- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story has really written it self, so bear with me as we go down this journey. Some parts of it are real..others might be little...far reached. But it's still amazing how fast it's come about. So I really hope you enjoy it, cause it's been a blast writing it!
Chapter 2

~2014~

“Why am I the only one going to the special screening to begin with? Nick isn’t too far away; can’t he go to the New York showing?” Alex leaned forward on the table and looked around the room, first at his manager, then at the rest of his band mates. “Really? These fans are chosen for something special and no one is gonna be there? Wouldn’t you find that as a dis?”

“Look man, no one said they were gonna meet any of the guys. They were just gonna get a special screening to the movie.” Alex turned and looked hard at Nick.

“I will give you that man, but wouldn’t it be nice to surprise them?”

“AJ, I appreciate you trying to get someone else to go; it’s rather nice you’re giving up a few minutes to even hit up the LA show,” Jen said, tapping her pen against the arm of the chair. “But if no one wants to go, there’s nothing you can say that will make them go, you know that. Really, it’s best just to let it slide.” AJ nodded, but mentally huffed as he leaned back in the chair. To him, that wasn’t right. He thought it would be awesome if just someone else went out to New York to explain just a tad bit about the movie. So what if it got explained at the 20th anniversary party; why not shock the fans a little, huh? Oh well, he had no power to sway anyone else; the fans would just have to be happy that he was gonna be there, even if they didn’t know.


AJ got out of the car and made his way over to the entrance to the garage, seeing Jen and giving her a quick hug before walking up to the theater, waiting about 30 seconds before he heard the screams, and no matter how old he got, he could be honest and say that really was a sound he couldn’t grow tired of. Sadly, that was a sound of some kind of love. He glanced up at the crowd that seemed to have quickly gathered by the railing overhead and waved, before turning his attention back to the people who were so nicely hosting this special screening.

He talked to them for another five minutes or so while the fans were being lead into the room, after which both him and Jen walked up. Right as he went to open the door to walk in, a woman who was probably about six inches shorter than him opened the door and quite literally walked into him.

“Oh my gosh, I am so very sorry. I wasn’t paying attention. I didn’t hit you with the door, did I?”

“No, you just ran into me, so no harm.”

“Well, thank goodness for that. I really am sorry.”

“Don’t worry; it doesn’t happen often so I won’t sue.” Now, that was rather unlike AJ to crack jokes with people he didn’t know, but sometimes, there are people you just feel comfortable with, and this one lady seemed to do that.

“Well I appreciate that, Alex, it means a lot.” She returned his smile and he actually didn’t take offense to her using Alex, when usually he would.

“Well, incase I have to, do I get a name?”

“Oh, it’s Kris! And might I say, I’m so proud of you guys for making this. You guys have such an amazing story and it’s about time it came out.”

“Thank you. Been a fan awhile?” But Jen stepped up and lightly pushed AJ.

“You gotta go in.”

“See you inside.” AJ smiled at her and walked into the theater, looking around at the crowd. He leaned against the wall, waiting to talk and was quite surprised to see her walk in during the middle of the directors speech and sit right before him, next to her friend. Why she would make any kind of impact on him was quite strange. How many fans had he met over the years? And yet, he couldn’t begin to describe why she did, she just did, didn’t feel like a normal fan to him.

-----

~BSB Cruise 2014~

Howie almost groaned as he got his plate of food and went to go sit down, the fans quickly finding him. Oh, he really didn’t mind stopping to talk to them or to take pictures, but did they really have to take them while he was eating? Just a few moments of peace would be so very nice. He looked around him and then looked back at the fans, almost running into a chair, but caught himself in time and was able to avoid it. Although, if he wasn’t mistaken, he could have sworn he saw those girls from DLF; God, what was their names? And even one he saw back in Seattle and he talked to her quite a bit? Terri? Rose? He made a face and knew those weren’t it. He was so very horrible with names. And he and his sister were just talking about her too.

But he gave up trying to remember her name as he sat down to eat. He had to save his energy to get through the mob that was already forming. And bless the over seas fans, but that was a lot of the problem, not that he could blame them.


30 minutes later, he shook his head, telling security he couldn’t take anymore and stood up to leave, the guards standing up as well. And as he turned to go, he was stopped by a few of the fans and he was the kind one to take them. And soon security had formed a pathway to get through the crowd, which of course, went right by their table. As he walked by, the taller one smiled and waved, which he returned back. He glanced at the other lady and smiled as she did.

“Hey Resa, it’s good to see you.” And with that comment, he went on walking by, actually loving the shocked expression that was on her face.