- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Check out the story "soundtrack" playlist on Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/121256809/playlist/1kcbfaYzIzMaPo7M1ullju
An Evening With Glitter / 1994 / Nick

I was in love the moment I pulled the tape off the shelf.

An Evening with Glitter it said across the bottom of the box.

Glitter was everything fourteen year old me wanted in a girl. She had soft blonde hair that hung in curls around her face and these bold green eyes with thick lashes that she peered through when she looked at the camera. Her eyelids had gold sparkly shadow on them. She seemed to sparkle all over, actually, just like her name suggested she might. On the movie box, she wore a leather corset that just barely held her boobs in and those strappy things on her thighs that held up a pair of sheer black stockings and chunky gold high heels that strapped around her ankle.

Glitter made me wonder what girls taste like.

That wasn’t really one of the senses that I ever imagined would be used in a sexual way prior to Glitter.

My development of sexual senses had been a long journey: first, I’d only thought of the most obvious one, sight. Girls started looking good sometime around when I turned ten, and even then it was like, in general, I didn’t think about them without, like, clothes or whatever until later. It wasn’t until I was almost twelve that I started really getting into the way a woman smelled. When I was thirteen, I had my first wet dream after which I realized that girls without clothes were better than ones with them. Also, I was obsessed with the thought of what a boob might feel like if I were to get my hands on one. Suddenly I wanted to not only look but also touch. But it wasn’t until I saw the video tape starring Glitter in Lou Pearlman’s basement a week after I turned fourteen that I realized I would give anything to taste a girl.

I licked my lips eagerly, watching the screen as I inched to the very edge of the sofa, my eyes open wide, breathing raggedly. My pants were getting tight.

On the screen, Glitter was laying on a bed with messy white sheets, her legs spread wide as some guy was licking her vagina. I’d never thought of such a thing as being something people would ever do. I mean, who would wanna lick that? But there he was, his tongue going to town like nobody’s business and it was actually really awesome because of what it did to her. Her body was covered in sweat and sparkles, and her head was thrown back across the pillow, her muscles all tight, her blonde hair everywhere, her mouth hanging open. I swallowed as she moaned loudly, the camera moving slowly from where the guy’s tongue was touching her, up her belly, across her perfect-looking boobs, over her collarbone, to her neck, to her mouth as her lips parted, full and swollen. “Ohhhhh Godddddd,” she moaned, “Oh yeahhhhhh… ohhhhh yeeeeaaahhh…”

“Are you seriously watching this shit again?” Kevin asked, his voice breaking through my fixation on the TV set as he came in and grabbed a glass bottle of Coke out of the fridge.

I grabbed a pillow and held it over my crotch quickly as so the other guys wouldn’t see the tent I was pitching in my pants. I blushed, I wiggled my legs, trying to keep my composure. I couldn’t breathe, everything in my whole body felt all funny and tight and uncomfortable. I’d never felt so jealous of anybody in all my life as I felt watching that guy wrap his arms around her legs, holding her in place as she came undone under his kisses and flicking tongue.

“Nick, your damn eyeballs are gonna fall out of your head,” Howie snickered as he came in the room and sat down. Brian followed.

I sat back. “Nuh-uh.”

“Who decided it was okay to let the kid watch porn anyway?” Brian asked, looking around the room.

“I’m not really watching it,” I stammered, embarrassed. “It was just on when I came down here is all.”

AJ reached for the remote. “Then you won’t mind if I turn this off --”

“NO!” I yelled before I could help myself.

AJ cackled as he threw the remote back down on the couch.

My face grew hotter, a flush rising out of the neck of my shirt, straight up to my very hairline. I shifted uncomfortably as all four of the other guys looked at me with amused expressions. “Looks like our little Nicky’s growing into his balls, you guys,” Kevin commented with a smirk.

“Feelin’ horny, Nicky?” Howie teased, grinning.

“No,” I snapped. But I kept the pillow securely planted on my lap.

Brian shook his head, “C’mon guys, don’t tease him. He’s embarrassed enough already.”

“Yeah,” I agreed with him.

“And Nick, just remember that sex on TV is bad for you,” he added, turning to me with a mock stern expression, “You might fall off.” Brian’s face split into laughter and I realized he wasn’t really standing up for me, he was just setting himself up for his own joke. Without thinking, I threw the pillow on my lap at him.

“Good God,” Howie laughed, “Nick’s sportin’ wood.”

“Shut up,” I snapped, jumping up so my sweatshirt would hang over the bulge in my pants, my face heating up.

“I guess the blonde chick turns Nick on,” AJ commented with a grin.

“Her name is Glitter,” I said defensively.

AJ snickered, “You do know that ain’t her real name, right?”

I looked at the TV set. Glitter was getting up from the bed on the screen and kneeling down in front of the guy, giving the camera that heavy-lidded look that made my insides twinge. I stared at her eyes, trying to wrap my mind around the idea that her name wasn’t really Glitter. I couldn’t picture her being any other name. She just looked like a Glitter. I turned back to the other guys as the camera angle changed. “How do you know it isn’t her real name?” I demanded.

“It’s obviously a stage name,” Kevin said, “Who the hell names their kid Glitter?” The way the name sounded coming out of his mouth, I realized how ridiculous it would be to be named that. I frowned.

“Somebody who really wants their kid to become a stripper might,” Brian laughed.

“So what’s her real name then?” I wondered.

“Who knows?” AJ said with a shrug, “Who cares?”

I got this sudden urge to block her from AJ’s sight. I didn’t like that he didn’t care what her real name was, I felt like it wasn’t nice to be looking at her if he didn’t know and didn’t care. So I went over to the VCR and ejected the tape, lamenting that I had to interrupt one of the best parts - when Glitter starts sucking on the guy, something I’d learned from AJ was called a blowjob. “There, I turned it off, you guys happy?” I asked, holding onto the tape.

“You didn’t have to turn it off for us,” Kevin laughed.

“Yeah ‘cos y’all are makin’ funna it,” I answered.

“I mean it’s pretty corny, even for porno standards,” Howie said.

“It’s not corny!” I said defensively. Well, maybe it was a little if I was being honest with myself, but it had her in it and that’s all that mattered to me. Even if it wasn’t a porno I would’ve watched it happily just to see her. Half the time, I wasn’t even paying attention to the actual sex part of it, I was too engaged in staring at her face, or into her eyes when they showed them.

“Yeah it is,” AJ argued, “And she ain’t even all that hot.”

My heart almost stopped at such a claim. “What?” I said in shock, “Yes she is! She’s, like, basically the hottest girl ever.”

Brian glanced at the other guys, a smirk slowly spreading across his face, making him look something like the Grinch in that part where he realizes he could dress up like Santa Claus to mess with all the Whos in Whoville and steal Christmas and all that. “You guys. I think Nick’s in love.”

“With a porno?” AJ snickered.

“Well, with Glitter,” Brian answered.

“I am not,” I stammered.

AJ’s eyes twinkled mischievously. “Yes you are. Shit.” He snickered, “Aw Nicky, you gonna put it back with the others? Or are you gonna take it home to watch your girlfriend while you play with yourself tonight?”

“I won’t need no tape then,” I snapped, “‘Cos your momma’s gonna be the one playin’ with me.”

AJ’s eyes narrowed as the other guys busted out laughing. “Where the hell did you hear that, kid?” Howie hooted. Kevin was laughing so hard tears were in his eyes. Even Brian was chuckling, looking at AJ with an amused expression.

“I just made it up,” I answered self-righteously.

Kevin wiped his face, “Shit, I did not see that one coming,” he wheezed, shaking his head as he recovered from his laughter.

I grabbed the cardboard box from the shelf and shoved the tape in, haphazardly pushing it back into it’s spot on the shelf with the other pornographic films that littered Lou’s collection.

AJ grabbed the remote again, switching the TV over to cable and flipping through the channels until he got to MTV. “You in love with her, too?” AJ asked, pointing at the Madonna video on the TV set.

“Shut up,” I replied, fuming as I sat down on the floor by the couch.

Eventually they got distracted watching the top ten countdown, effectively ending today’s session of Let’s Humiliate Nick, a game I wasn’t particularly fond of. The other guys shifted in their seats and started talking about the upcoming trip we were going on that week to Europe to meet with some songwriter guys and stuff, but my mind was still on Glitter and the way her back had arched and her voice had warbled as she moaned. I kept stealing glances over at the shelf where the tape sat, An Evening with Glitter written down it’s spine.

As far as I know, nobody noticed later that night, when it was time to go home and I had to run back downstairs to get my sneakers, that I’d also grabbed the VCR tape from the shelf. I quickly shoved it in the back of my jeans, where the bulk of my sweatshirt would cover it up until I got home with my prize.