- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Told In Kevin's POV
It was like a typical scavenge, arming my bow and arrows off vision and places he could be. A Mission I should not fail in. Sweat decorated my forehead in pearls as I was trying map out the entire city within my head.
Remembering Nick telling me he cannot leave it for he is a suspect.
Even though he is not capable of hurting anyone but himself. The tinge of ending terrorizes me.
I even felt more scared knowing he had on his meds as well.
Fearful he could gulp them all till he was truly gone.
I would never allow that.
Not this time....


Brian, Howie and AJ towered near me, waiting for a scorching symbol to start.
For some compass of light to guide them,
not even sure where the torch even began but we also had no time to waste.
" All right fellas listen up!" I shouted and it seemed to electrify their heads,
ready to search.
" We are all going to seperate to find Nick as quickly as we can."
It actually felt pleasant to be in charge of something so meaningful and all I want is for Nicky to be safe.
For he is the little brother I love and hold tenderly to a feathered heart.
" Howie, I want you to go search downtown...Brian you check the beaches and back roads..and AJ travel along the street and I will look by the mountains." i ordered
and they all bowed themselves as if understanding for the hunt.
Target: Nick.
Now i know he is not an animal, not at all!
Only a troubled man man trapped into the wired cages off his sorrowful mind and my heart weeps for him.
I only hope we are not too late.


As i stabbed my glossy key into the ignition and it roars, my fingers imprinted on the leather wheel.
I was ready.
Aimlessly i drove, swerving in-between clogging, swollen streets, the scent of fried fast food
and lingering mold off humans.
A simple wild of all things.
I took a slight left up towards the jagged mountains.
I may not know Nick now as I did before, but I knew that when he runs he wants to be isolated.
Like the theories and formulas of dusk threatening to rip through patch-work clouds.
I toyed with my lip, nervous with an almost shade in beastly night to take over.
I rushed more than I ever had.



Parking my car and proving myself i can do this on foot, the ride much easier than I conquered.
As I carefully stepped over lowered rocks and crunched in an earthly dwelling, i started to call ut his name, begging he was near.
" Nick.....NICK!!!." I screamed with the very volumes of my lungs.
Sighing as rolls of anguish seemingly drip my own despite...fear...
Pulling out my phone i called the guys to find out if they made any progress.
" Nope..nothing." AJ stated
" Not yet." informed Brian
" I will keep looking!" Fought Howie.
I stamped my foot onto the ground in self-hatred and frustration.
" Damn where can that kid be?" I growled and roamed my sight to every part of this escaping land.
Gambling for slight clues off his existence here.
As the wind ignited my senses so strongly, suiting me up to my worst nightmare...
with guilt as my tie.


" Nick!!!!" I replied exhausted at the brilliant stars to remain my direction.
Salted with a hazed grace that drizzled the area like slaves.
I continued to climb upward to an asking smudge within a cave.
Wish I had a flashlight I muttered but a wavering cusp from fake light on my phone would do.
I eagerly flooded through this infant car and nothing debt he was even here.
With that I turned around, my feet cracking beneath my tiring medal in joy.
Angering as I dove into a new path lined with
ghost plants and snakeskin tones.
It was I was floating through this crumbling paradise,
underneath a kind vein spilling even my own voice for the blind refuge.



" NICK!!!!! PLEASE NICK COME OUT!" I pleaded in deep pleading and still no more tokens of him showned upon this wasteland.
Forgetting a superior value off time, sprinkling glints of wavering ticks and complete torment.
I was not going to stop there.


Suddenly my phone beeped and I hurried to fumble with it, believing it was him.
And frowned to know it was my wife Kristen, I mean I do love her with every thread within my soul but now was not the perfect moment to toil the honest bells.
" Honey?! Where are you? The boys miss you and I'm worried." She raced with her words.
" trying to find Nick! He panicked and took off...I will be home soon...I promise." I recited and i heard her grumbling from within my blood.
: Kevin please don't get lost or anything..just call the police if your worried, I mean Nick is big...." as she went on and I stumbled over killings off natural instinct.
I paused to trust my markings, pounding is what my heart wears.
In front of me was Nick's white car, parked there without a real home..all my thoughts went blank and thrilling.
" I have to go honey." I simply answered, hanging up and trudging toward his car.....
not knowing what I may find.


Climbing slowly and peering, I noticed his car was empty, a few blood thirst off his perfectly tan seats and I felt my stomach my stomach breeding hints off sickness and refused to even allow it to come up.
" Nicky??" my voice cracked in a haunting orchestra.
There was no response but only a crime scene on self mutilation and regret...such a deadly mixture to befallen on my dear brother.
Using my trusty phone, i was opt to find just a sign of him or even his scent like cypress wood lurking and bathing in daylight's yearning.
Then another call interuppted my thoughts, it wasn;t Kristen this time...
it was Brian and was holding what storm can ever stalk my wandering retreat.
" Anything you find cuz?" he was more panicked than I was but little did you knew or was about to discover.
" I found his car but no Nick...I am getting scared Bri, I mean what if he's.." and before i knew it he cut me off.
" NO!! Don't say that..I'm..i'm..i'm suurree he is around somewhere..keep scoping out the scene, we are on our way." and with that he clicked and I shut my soul so tightly...
Even if they came here, I did not want them to know..
you know..the possibility of this...
for I did not want more to see in my own eyes.
I once again sprawled upon the rough interior..
and I dreamed again on his lovely smile..
staring back at me in a cold-handed death.