- Text Size +
Chapter 10
Summer 1996
Camp Westminster

“ Morning Daddy?” I said as I walked back to the cabin after having breakfast.
“ Hey Princess, so how is things going at camp and do you have some names for me?” my dad asked as he pulled out of his pad of paper and grabbing a pen.
“ Um… yeah I do but can you give me a couple of minutes I have to get my PDA from my trunk.” I said heading into the cabin and making my way over to my trunk.
“ Ok, Your mom and I will be at the show to see how you and these people are. And speaking of one of those people how are things going with Mr. Carter?” daddy asked as he looked up as my mom walked into his home office and handed him his coffee.
“ Every thing is fine, ok lets see names. Found them you ready to write them down?” I asked as turned on the PDA and went into the screen that had the names written down in it.
“ I’m ready when ever you are sweetie.” Dad said as mom left the room and headed back into the kitchen and helped the cook get the food on the table for breakfast.
“ Ok the first person I have is Andrea.” I said coming to the first name and noticed the two crosses next to her name.
“ Ok, is Ms. Andrea one of your cabin mates and best friend?” dad asked as he remembered Andrea.
“ Yeah her father is one of the producers and songwriters that works for you, um… his name is Josh.” I said trying to remember who Andrea’s father was.
“ Oh yeah he is one of our best writers and producers, ok the next person.” Daddy said as he put down Josh’s name next to Andrea’s and what he does.
“ Ok the next person is Tiffany.” I said almost afraid to hear what dad had to say about her.
“ Tiffany isn’t she one of the girls that hung around with that snobby little bitch Cayenne.” Dad said as he remembered her from last year.
“ Yeah she is one of Cayenne’s little followers, her mom is a backup singer for Cher and her dad is a new song writer.” I said looking down at the notes that I have next to her name too.
“ Oh really, what are her parents name then?” dad asked sounding like he was interested in her parents.
“ Um… Marvin and Cynthia.” I said looking down at the names that I had written down.
“ Ok and the next person.” Dad said as he was waiting for the next name.
“ Ok the next person is Paul, and no I don’t really know what his parents do or their names, that‘s because he really don’t hang out with me and my group.” I said as Harley and Andrea came in and they went straight for their beds and they both laid down.
“ Ok, and the other names just give them all to me at the same time because breakfast is ready and you know how your mother is when we are late for breakfast, lunch and dinner.” He said with a laugh as my mom came back into his office and gave him that look that it was time for breakfast.
“ Ok well the other name is my friend Harley, and her parents are both famous producers and writers also, and she wants to be a producer.” I said as I had left the cabin and began heading down to the dock and founding a spot and sat down.
“ Oh ok I will have her down as a producer then, any more names?” dad said as he put producer by Harley’s name.
“ Ok here are the rest of the names Jon, Fred, Nellie, Tiffany, Bryan, Phillip, Charles, Kelly, Sandra, Matt, Tonya, Kristy and Angela.” I said as I read off the rest of the names to him.
“ Ok thanks well I have to get going and eat breakfast before it gets cold, you have a great day and fun. Love you Princess.” Dad said before hanging up his phone.
“ Ok thanks have a great day too, and love you too.” I said hanging up before getting up and headed back to the cabin just as the rain drops began to fall.
I walked into the cabin and put my PDA back into the trunk and locking it up, I looked around the cabin and saw that both Harley and Andrea where sound asleep, I laid down on my bed and falling asleep as I listen to the rain fall down on the roof and the sound of thunder clashing thru the sky.