- Text Size +
It was now 3pm and still 3 hours to see her. I couldn’t take this anymore and I went to behind her door. I knock it twice and waited her to open the door. Door opens and she was standing there only silky rope on her. She looked surprised. I only smiled at her.
“You are very bad time here, Nick.” she whispered.
“Why?” I asked normally voice.
She pushed me out when she comes out of her room to hall way and closed the door.
“What is going on?” I asked.
“It’s Miguel. He’s babysitting me whole this day. I can’t come tonight.” she whispered.
“No fucking way? This is bullshit.” I said quietly.
“He’s going to look after me until Michael comes back tomorrow.” she said when suddenly her rooms door opens and Miguel is standing there.
“Thanks Nick for let me know. That was very kind of you. Now get lost.” she said and walked back in her room.
I looked up to Miguel who looked confused.
“I only said that ladies bathroom near by stage is not available. No one else couldn’t come to say it cause they are busy. Have a good day.” I said and walked to stage.
That was close one! I hope he believed that. I walked to other guys who was waiting for me.
“Let’s rehearse guys.” I said and smiled.
“Howie told us.” Brian said and looked at me.
“It’s not a big deal.” I said and sat on couch what was on the stage.
“Not a big deal? It is a big deal, Nick. Michael is going to kill you when he’s going to find out you two.” Brian said.
“Not my fault that he is a bad guy. I guess Howie said that Anne-Marie is going to leave Michael when he comes back from China.” I said and looked at my band mates.
“Son of Bitch, Nick.” AJ said and sighed deeply.
“What?” I questioned and looked at guys.
“You are insane.” Brian said.
“And in love.” I said and smiled.
“No. You can’t. This is wrong.” Howie said.
“Is it wrong to fall in love?” I asked and looked at Howie.
“No. I didn’t mean that.” Howie said and sighed.
“Yes you did. You think it’s wrong to fall in love to someone who’s difficult to have. Well let me say this to you guys. I won her heart. We love each other. We will get out of here alive.” I said and looking at guys.
“Maybe you should go now or you definitely going to die.” AJ said.
“What?” Brian questioned and looked at AJ.
“They should if they are in love. They’ll going to die here if they are going to stay.” AJ said and looked at Brian.
“We have to do this play at least still next week. They can’t leave.” Brian said.
“I can play Nick’s part too.” AJ said.
“That’s not good idea. All fans are expecting this play tomorrow night.” Brian said.
I didn’t pay any attention to guys when I was thinking what AJ said. We should leave tonight. I had to talk to her somehow. I walked to Howie.
“Howie? Do me a favor.” I begged.
“What kind of favor?” He asked.
“Try to get Miguel out of Anne-Maries room somehow so I can talk to her.” I said and looked at Howie friendly.
“No way. That guy freaks me out.” Howie said and shakes his head.
“Please. I beg you.” I said and still were begging.
“I can do it, Nick.” AJ said and touched my shoulder.
“I don’t afraid that freak.” AJ said and smiled.
“Thanks AJ. I have to talk to her now.” I said and smiled.
“I just need to think for moment how I can get him out of there.” AJ said and started to think.
“Say that some fans get in here somehow and you need help to search them out of here.” I said and smiled.
“Wow. You had thought of this through.” AJ said and smiled.
“I know. Come on. Let’s go.” I said and walked to Anne-Marie’s clothes room door.
“You should hide while I do this.” AJ said and looked at me.
“Right.” I said and hide behind the beverage vending machine what was near Anne-Marie’s door.
I heard AJ knock the door and door was opening.
“Thank god you are here. I have looking for you everywhere. I think I saw some fans sneak in the Anne-Maries bus. You should go and check that.” AJ said and sounded very believing.
“What? How’s that possible?” Miguel asked and sounded confused.
“I think I forget the window open.” I heard Anne-Marie’s voice.
“Yes. They went in from the window.” AJ said and sounded like he knew that.
“How many there is?” Miguel asked.
“I saw 2 but there might be more.” AJ said and sounded unsure.
“Would you keep eye on her while I’ll go check that out. I’ll be back in 5.” Miguel said.
“I don’t need babysitter, Miguel.” Anne-Marie said and I could only smile cause I thought that she doesn’t need one either.
“He’s stays and keeps eye on you. Just want to make sure you won’t see that Nick dude.” Miguel said.
I peeked a little behind the beverage vending machine and saw Miguel to look at the inside when I see AJ blink his eye. I guess that was sign to Anne-Marie.
“I think he’s more fun to hang round than you Miguel.” Anne-Marie said and sounded like she saw AJ to blink.
I hide again behind to beverage vending machine and listen carefully.
“Good. be right back.” Miguel said and I heard food step going further and further.
“Come out, Nick.” AJ said.
I walked closer to a door and smiled at to Anne-Marie.
“Hey. I have to talk to you.” I said.
“Are you insane? When he sees that there’s no fans in my bus, he knows it was a trap.” she said.
“AJ got an idea. We should leave tonight together.” I said smiling.
“What?” she questioned and looked at AJ.
“I never saw this man so in love. It’s killing me if you to end up to graveyard.” AJ said.
“I can’t Nick. I got so much work to do.” Anne-Marie said.
“I got too. Let’s not give a fuck about work now.” I said and smiled.
AJ’s cellphone is ringing and he’s answering it.
“Shit. It was Howie. Miguel is coming back. Hurry up.” AJ said.
“Come on, Anne-Marie. You love me and I love you. Meet me up tonight at C- cage.” I said and hold her hand.
She was unsure and didn’t know what to do.
“Not tonight. Tomorrow when Michael is sleeping, okay?” she questioned.
“That sounds good. Let’s go.” AJ said and pull me with him away from the door.
“I love you.” I said when AJ was pulling me away.
She only smiled and walked back in her room.
AJ push me to his closet room and closed the door.
“Holy crap. That was so damn close.” I said and sat down on couch.
“You are insane, but in love. I might do the same thing if I were you.” AJ said and sat next to me.
“Yeah?” I questioned and looked at AJ.
“Oh yeah. Drink?” AJ asked.
“I so need one right now.” I said.
AJ and I almost get drunk that night. I drank view glass of vodka and 1 beer.
“It’s 10pm. I should go to my bus now.” I said and stood up on couch.
“Oh yes. Big day tomorrow, mate.” AJ said.
“I can’t wait till tomorrow night. I was so ready to go tonight.” I said and smiled.
“I know you were, but ball was in her hands. She decided when she wants to leave.” AJ said.
“Thank you, Bone.” I said and smiled.
“About what?” he asked.
“For helping me with this and believe in me.” I said and hugged him friendly.
“No problem. We will sent him back in jail while you two are hiding.” AJ said when we were hugging.
“That means a lot, man. Thanks.” I said and walked to door.
“You are very welcome.” AJ said and smiled.
“Have a goodnight, bro.” I said and smiled.
“Night” AJ said and started to clean a mess we made.
I walked to my bus and I was little drunk. I saw someone was standing front of my bus door. I walked closer and saw that it was Miguel. Perfect.
“Nice trick you had earlier, Carter. You are now dead man.” Miguel said.
“I don’t know what you are talking about. I was just at the bar drinking.” I said and looked at Miguel.
“This is not over, Carter. You’ll die if even see one more time you with her. Hear me?” Miguel asked.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah… I got it. Not going to see her. I’m not so stupid to get myself killed.” I said and moved him on my way.
“You are so wasted. Why did you get yourself drunk?” Miguel asked.
“Why you think? Huh? I can’t just understand why two people can’t be good friends. You and I could be good friends, Miguel. I don’t fuck taken women, man. That’s disgusting.” I said and was very face to face him so he can smell my awful breath.
“Oh gosh. You stink. You better get sober.” Miguel said and he left.
I laughed inside when I was walking inside my bus. I was drunk and finally I can have a role what everyone believes. I walked clumsily to bed and went to lay down on it. Gosh this room much spinning. I wish Anne-Marie would be here to make me feel better, but she can’t cause of that asshole Miguel. I’m so glad I can get out of here tomorrow with a woman I love. I can’t wait that moment. Too bad I can’t see Michael’s face when he sees that his fiancé has left with me. Tomorrow is going to my best day. All my days with Anne-Marie are my best days. I know in the future she’s going to be my wife and we are going to have some kids and dogs, house from the Malibu near by the ocean. I love ocean and I hope that Anne-Marie does too. We are going to be happy. If we fight, we are going to do make love to not be mad each other. Oh I can just imagine in it. I looked to my night stand and saw picture of my dog Nacho. I miss him so much. I can’t wait him to meet her. Nacho is nice dog and loves nice people. My band mates loves Nacho very much. Too bad I couldn’t take him with me here. I couldn’t have time to play with him and pet him.
23rd February
I woke up to terrible hang over that morning. It was my last hangover. It was worse morning of my life. That was my last morning. I get off the bed to shower. That was my last shower. I made some omelets for breakfast. That was my last breakfast. I made 30 pushups after breakfast. Those where my last pushups. I walked out of my bus and walked to theater. That was the last time I was in that bus. I walked to my closet room and left my closet door open to not care who comes in or not. I heard knocking on door and turn around to see Michael.
“Holy crap. You look awful.” He said and laughed.
“Yeah. Get myself drunk last night.” I said and took water bottle and drink it.
“I heard you’ve been good boy since I was gone.” Michael said and looked around my room.
“Well she’s your fiancé. I know when to stop seeing someone.” I said and tried to be friendly.
“That is good, but…” Michael said and looked thinking of something.
“But what?” I asked.
“Friend of yours did stupid trick for Miguel. He said there were fans in Anne-Maries bus. You any chance knew anything about that?” Michael asked.
“I was at the bar drinking. AJ is goofyn around with people here. Don’t you remember he came to me and said my bus is in fire?” I asked and looked at him.
“Oh yes… So it was all just a joke. Not just a plan to get to speak with Anne-Marie?” Michael asked.
“Like I said first time we met, I don’t fuck taken women.” I said little pissed.
“Okay, okay. I believe you know. Sorry I came to ask.” Michael said.
“Yeah. Whatever.” I said and sat down on couch.
“It’s only 1 week left your play. We should respect for each other that time, but I still don’t want you to see or talk to my fiancé.” Michael said.
“For god sake, Michael! Can’t 2 people be just good friend together!?”I shouted at him so loud that some people came to near my door hole to look at us.
“I don’t trust you! You seem to be one of those guys who only wants to get pussy!” Michael shouts.
I get up on couch and pulled him againts the wall angrily.
“You son of Bitch! I only ask friendship with her! It must be you who wants only get laid every single night!” I shouted right face to face him.
“Get off me…” He said and shouted very angry.
“If I don’t? You kill me? Sure. Go ahead. Right in front of these people who’s are watching us.” I said very pissed.
“Someday I will kill you, Carter. Someday and I’ll make sure Anne-Marie is going to watch it.” Michael said pissed.
“You left her out of this. She’s not part of this.” I said and I saw that she was watching us with others.
“I do whatever I want to do with her. She’s my fiancé and I’ll make her watch.” Michael said and laughed.
I step back and looked at him disgusting look on my face when I was taking my hoodie off me.
“Let’s make this over with. Just you and me, Michael.” I said and I was ready to fight with Michael.
“Alright pretty boy. Let’s see what you made of.” Michael said and takes his shirt off to be shirtless.
“Show off.” I teased him.
When Michael was going to attack me, Anne-Marie comes to between us to make us stop.
“Stop. Both of you. You are like little kids fighting over lollipop.” she said and was watching Michael.
“He started it, honey.” Michael said and pointed at me.
“Excuse me? I started it?” I asked and walked closer to Michael and almost hit him.
“Stop, Nick. You can’t hurt him.” Anne-Marie said and pushed me away from Michael.
“Let him kill me then. You want that, don’t ya?” I questioned and looked at her.
“No. I don’t want to everyone to die today. Not ever.” she said looking at me.
“Fine. I want everyone to get out of my room.” I said and walked to bathroom.
I wasn’t going to be sure about this anymore. Michael was back and I know he’s going to look after her 24/7. It was risky to leave tonight together if we were still going. We acted so good to make him to believe that we hated each other. I wish time would go faster. I did few times rehearse with guys to make time go faster, but it was just going slower and slower.
When time was finally come to go, I thought everything was going well. I was wrong. When rehearse was over, I was sitting behind the curtains listen my iPod in quietly. Then suddenly Anne-Marie walks to me and smiled. We thought we were alone, but we weren’t. Miguel saw us kissing and hugging each other that night. He even heard our plan to go together. We were so exciting about the plan.

12:05am I was waiting her at C-cage like we planned. I waited couple minute more and then I saw her walking towards to me. I smiled and hugged her tightly.
“What happened? You are almost 10 minutes late.” I said and looked worried.
“Michael went bed very late, but he’s sleeping now. Let’s go now.” she said smiling.
“I so agree. I got car waiting for us.” I said happily.
“Awesome. Let’s go.” she said and then we heard footsteps behind us.
We both turn around and see Michael and Miguel standing there.
“Well look what we have here Miguel. Two fugitives.” Michael said and pointed flashlight on our face.
“Please Michael. Let me go. I don’t love you anymore.” Anne-Marie said and walked further from him. I did the same.
“I’m sure you don’t. You love this, scumbag.” Michael said and looked at me.
“Do whatever you have to do Michael.” I said and was going to protect her.
“I will. Miguel..” Michael said and Miguel was walking near me and punched on my face so hard that I unconscious.
I don’t remember what was happening while I was unconscious. When I woke up, I was tight up. I saw unclear. I shaked my head to get focus.
“Oh he’s awake.” Michael said and sounded happy.
“Nick…” I heard Anne-Marie’s voice.
“Anne-Marie…” I said low voice.
“Oh don’t you worry mate. She’s fine, but you other hand not going to be.” Michael said and walked closer to me.
I saw not much better and I felt something around my neck. I was standing on chair and It was difficult to stand on it. I looked up and saw that it was a noose. Not good. I was going to die.
“Michael… Please… I won’t see her again. I promise you.” I begged and looked at Michael.
“I’ll make sure you won’t. I just want to make sure that I won. I want you to say that I won.” Michael said.
“Fuck you, Michael. You are loser.” I said and spit him on the face.
“Whatever you say, but you are dead man. Better say goodbye to her now.” Michael said.
I looked at Anne-Marie who was crying and tied up on the chair. I felt so bad for her to see this. Somehow I knew this is going to happen, but I’m glad I get a chance to meet woman like her.
“Well? No goodbyes?” Michael asked.
“Give us 10 minutes.” I asked.
Michael looks at Miguel and then to me.
“You get 5.” he said and left with Miguel.
I looked when they left the room. I first tried to get a loose but the noose was so tight and rope around my hand and legs where were too. There were no escape.
“Nick. I’m so sorry. I thought he was sleeping.” Anne-Marie said crying.
“It’s not your fault. I was agreed with you about this day. We did this together.” I said and I started to cry now.
“We should leave yesterday like you said. Please forgive me.” she said and looked at me sad face.
“Babe… I forgive you. But now… I want you to get rid of that man when I’m gone, okay? I won’t be here. We both know that…” I said and cried.
“No. We are finding a way to get you out of that loose. I can’t live without you, Nick. I love you.” She said and believed that we are getting somehow out of here.
“I love you too. Now listen to me. I’m not going anywhere. Loose is too tight and so are ropes around my feet and hands. Only one of us getting out for here alive and it’s you. Got that?” I questioned and tried to smiled at her.
She couldn’t answer when Michael and Miguel came back.
“And time is up, lovers. So let’s get this over with. Shall we?” Michael asked.
“Go ahead, dickhead. I’ll hunt you down and make you scared me more than you scare me.” I said and I was begging him to hang me.
“Wow… You look very serious. You see… I don’t believe in ghosts.” Michael said and smiled.
“After this I hope you do, because I promise you…” I was about to say, but he cuts me.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah… You hunt us down…” Michael said and looked at me.
I looked back at his eyes very deeply and looked angry. He was smiling and was humming a Metallica. This much were his happiest day ever. I put my look on Anne-Marie and smiled at her. She was smiling, but crying. I keep focus watching her when I felt chair get off under my feet and I was now hanging on the loose. I couldn’t breathe and move. Next thing I remember I was standing next to my dead body and looking at how Anne-Marie shouted my name as crying. I'm dead.