- Text Size +
"How is he?" Neilson asked.

“I think he may be going into shock or something, he’s cold and clammy, he’s pale, his pulse is racing and his breathing is erratic” Natalie said running a paper towel under the cold water and placing it on Bradley's forehead.

"Unbelievable, he's still bleeding" Neilson said as he paced araound the bathroom.

Natalie pulled Neilson’s backpack over, propping up Bradley’s legs.

"We got to find a way out of here" Neilson said looking around.

"I told you we can't leave it's not safe!" Natalie said to him.

"Well we got to do something Nat!" he yelled at her "Oh my god" he said.

"What?" she asked.

"I can't believe I'm such a moron, the windows" Neilson said to her.

"They're sealed shut" Natalie said to him.

"What?!" Neilson asked.

"People were crawling through them to ditch school, they sealed them shut so it wouldn't happen" she said to him.

"That's a fire hazard!" Neilson said to her.

"Yeah well apparently Wexler would rather have you burn to death than miss class" she said to him "What can we do? The windows don't open, Damien is out there running around with a gun, shooting anything he sees, all we can do is wait."

Neilson began searching through the supply closet, tossing everything out.

"What are you looking for?" Natalie asked.

"Something heavy enough to break that window" he said.

"Neilson there's nothing in there but tampons and toilet paper" she said to him.

"Wrong" he said wielding a heavy wrench.

"Be careful alright?" Natalie said to him.

Neilson struck the window with the wrench, it cracked slightly as he began hitting it harder, the glass splintering with every blow.

~*~


"Hey, it's Bradley, leave a message, later" his voice said on the outgoing message.

“Still straight to voice mail” Brian said “That kid never charges his damn phone!” he said irritated.

"Look, my son goes to that school, I have not heard from him yet, is there anything you can tell me?" Nick asked the person on the other end. "Carter" he said on the phone "Neilson...N-e-I-l-s-o-n" he said to the person on the phone. "About five-eleven, blonde hair, blue-green eyes...I didn't see what he had on when he left this morning" he said.

"We need to get over to that school" AJ said standing up.

"I’m going to the hospital, maybe Bradley is there with Vicki, either way I got to get to her before she sees this on the news” Brian said.

"Well if Bradley's at the hospital chances are Neilson's with him, I'm going with you" Nick said.

"Okay that settles it, you guys go to the hospital we'll go down to the school, we'll call if we find anything out" Brian said.

"Got it, let's go" AJ said as they left the room, splitting in different directions.


~*~



"Sash! Sash!" Calista said running back into the store.

"You okay? What happened?" Sasha asked.

"You are not going to believe this she said "I went to get the food right? I was standing in line and I heard everyone talking about what's going on with all the police cars, there's a shooting over at Hilridge High School" Calista said.

Sasha looked at her nervously "What?" she asked “What are you talking about? A shooting?” she asked.

“Yeah some kid walked into the school with a gun and shot two people” Calista said “Oh my god” she gasped “I am so sorry, I completely forgot, Neilson goes to that school doesn’t he?” she asked.

Sasha reached for her phone when the desk phone began to ring “Sasha Miller Designs" she said answering the phone.

"Sash it's me, have you heard from Neilson?" Nick asked as he sat in the backseat of a car.

“I was just about to call him, oh my god, you think he’s okay?” she asked.

“Calm down alright? I’m sure he’s fine” he said “Brian and and I are heading over to the hospital” he said.

“I’ll meet you there” she said hanging up “Take over for me” she said to Calista.

“You got it, call me and let me know what’s going on!” she said as Sasha left the store.


~*~



"Okay so, I hate to interrupt this lovely staring contest but...you want to tell us what you plan on doing?" Adam asked Damien.

"If you didn't want to be here you should've kept your mouth shut McLean" Damien said, keeping his eyes locked on Kyle.

“You had a gun on me, you didn’t really give me much of a choice” Adam said to Damien.

“You know Adam I don't think I really have to tell you this but it's generally not a good idea to piss off the guy with the gun" Kyle said to him.

“Oh what even more than you already have?” Adam asked.

“So this is what it’s come to huh?” Kyle asked Damien.

“Guess so” Damien said drawing the gun, putting his finger on the trigger.

“Oh please, any idiot can see that's what this is about Damien didn't get what he wanted so now he's throwing a tantrum" Adam said to him. for the first time in your life you didn't get your way so now you're throwing a full blown hissy fit and no one's giving into you and it's pissing you off" Adam said to him. "And instead of acting like a HUMAN and accepting your loss with dignity and moving on with your life you've gone off the deep end because god forbid Damien Winchester doesn't get what he wants" Adam said to him.

"Adam stop" Kyle said to him.

"Well you won't say it so I will" Adam said to him.

"Just shut it" Kyle said to him.

"So he brings the gun to school and fires off a couple blank shots in the halls, just admit it that thing isn’t loaded, you're not actually going to shoot anyone" Adam said to him.

"Oh really? Well your buddy Bradley J. might disagree with you on that one" Damien said smiling at him and taking a seat in the teacher's chair behind the desk.

“What are you talking about? What did you do to Bradley?!” Kyle asked.

“Let’s just Littrell finally learned to keep his mouth shut” Damien said propping his feet up on the desk, Adam turned to look at Kyle in disbelief, Kyle looked at Damien in horror.


~*~



The emergency room entrance doors swooshed open.

“Vicki” Brian said as he saw her come out of a cubicle and discard her rubber gloves.

"Hey I can't talk right now" she said to him. "Something's happened and the ER is on standby" she said writing on a clipboard. “What are you even doing here? I thought you had another interview this afternoon?” she asked.

"Yeah they cancelled on us, look we have a problem, it’s Bradley” he said.

“What happened is he okay?” she asked.

“I don’t know” he said.

“What do you mean you don't know?” she asked.

“There was a shooting at the school today, I’ve been calling and calling but his phone is just going straight to voicemail” he said.

“Oh my god, oh my god” she said frantically.

“I was hoping maybe he was here with you” he said to her.

“Of course he’s not here with me!” she said.

“Don’t panic alright!” he said.

“Don’t panic? Don’t panic?! Where is our son?!” she asked.


~*~



"Nat" Bradley groaned before opening his eyes.

"Bradley, hey, it’s me, you're going to be alright okay? Just stay with us" Natalie said holding his hand and stroking his hair.

"I wish my parents were here" he said groggily.

“I know, I know, don’t worry you’ll see them soon okay?” she asked.

“Nat, if I don’t make it out of here, I need you to tell them something for me” he said looking up at her.

"Bradley come on, don't talk like that, you're going to be okay" she said.

“Nat, please” Bradley said.

“Okay” she said “Okay fine, what do you want me to tell them?” she asked.

“How much I love them" Bradley said , his voice squeaking. "My mom...how amazing she is, how she is the best mom on the planet…I mean she could’ve taken the easy way out and put me up for adoption or even had an abortion but she didn’t, I just can’t tell you how much admire her for putting her life on hold just to raise me” he said.

“My dad...even though I’m kind of a bastard to him he always was my hero and he still is” he said “When I was little and he would be on tour and stuff, he’d still find the time to call me every single day.” “When he would come home, he would be so exhausted but it didn’t seem to matter he always made time to spend time with me.” “Even if it was just hanging out and watching cartoons with me or teaching me how to ride my bike or play basketball…he’s a great dad, even if I don’t tell him all the time” Bradley said looking up at Natalie.

Natalie's eyes filled with tears "Don't worry...you'll get to tell them okay? You just need to hang in there a little bit longer" she said to him.

"Take care of him for me" Bradley said to her.

"What?" she asked.

"Take care of Neilson for me" he said to her “Most guys you know, they always seem to hate their best friend's girlfriends...I’m glad that didn’t happen with us, you’re like a sister to me…I love you Nat.” She smiled at him as tears began to fall down her face “You're good for him and I know how much you love each other" Bradley said to her "Promise me" he said to her, she nodded.

"I'll do my best" she said, he smiled up at her before closing his eyes once again and taking a deep breath, his face twisting in pain.


~*~



“You shot Bradley? You SHOT him you son of a bitch?!” Kyle raged at Damien.

"Hey, it's his own damn fault for wanting to play superman" Damien said.

"What are you talking about?" Kyle asked.

"Oh come on Kyle...who else would Bradley jump in front of a bullet for?" Damien asked.

"Neilson" Adam said.

"Very good" Damien said to him.

"You shot at Neilson?" Kyle asked.

"I didn't have a specific target in mind I just pointed the gun and... bang!" Damien said to him.

"Where is he?" Kyle asked.

"How should I know?" Damien asked "Carter and that little bitch girlfriend of his probably dragged him off somewhere to nurse him back to health". "Don't worry though he's in good company, he'll have something in common with Coach Reinhart and Mr. Burns" Damien said smirking at him.

"You shot coach...oh my god" Kyle said in disbelief putting his hands on his head.

"See what I told you? he's lost it" Adam said to him.

"On the contrary I'm quite aware of my surroundings, but thanks for the psychoanalysis" Damien said to him.

"You just SHOT three people no SANE person does that Damien!” Kyle yelled at him

"They can if they're driven to it" Damien said "And what happened today gave me the push I needed" he said to Kyle.


~*~


"Chris!" Kellie yelled as she ran into the crowd.

"Kel" Christina said as they hugged.

"Anything?" she asked.

"Nothing, I've been looking all over the place, there are hundreds of kids around and none of them are mine" she said to her.

Kellie looked around and spotted the police "Stay here I'm going to talk to the cops" she said wading through the hordes of people.

“Okay good news everyone the pictures...are finished” Harry said coming out from the dark room. “Hello?” he asked looking around, he picked up his phone from his bag and listened to his mom's message before calling her back.

Christina stood outside among the crowd of people looking around as her pocket began to vibrate “Harry?” she asked.

“Mom?” he asked her.

“Where are you?” she asked.

“I'm in the newspaper office” he said.

“You're still in the school?!” she asked.

“Yes, what's going on?” he asked.

“Honey you need to get out of there right now” she said.

“Why?” he asked.

"There is someone in there with a gun no one knows who it is or where he is just get out here now, run as fast as you can I'm right outside I'll be looking for you” she said.

“Okay I'll be right out” he said grabbing his bag and running out of the room.