- Text Size +
The fire roared around them, pieces of the building falling, the flames becoming harsher. Nick's car sped up the hill towards the flames, debris began to fall from the building still in flames as it hit the ground. The car came to a quick halt just outside, he and AJ got out flinging the doors open. They stood there watching in horror as the flames reached high into the night. Sirens could be heard in the far off distance meanwhile another car sped to a halt right next to them.

Dean flung the door open and got out “The fire departments on its way!” he said to them.

“By the time they get here the boys could be dead!” Nick yelled at him. He tore his jacket off pitching it to the ground.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Dean asked.

"I'm going to save my son what does it look like?!" Nick asked. He covered himself and ran into the flames "Neilson!" he screamed "Neilson!" he yelled out again, ducking as a piece of debris fell from the ceiling. “Neilson!” he yelled once again, still dodging the flames and falling debris “Boys! Can you hear me?!” he yelled.

A car skidded to a stop, the doors flung open, Brian and Howie stepped out.

"Oh god, Bradley” Brian said going towards the building.

“You can’t go in there, the fire department’s on their way, they’ll get the boys out, I can’t have all of you going in there!” Dean said holding him back.

“Dean that’s my kid in there! I found him once I can do it again!” Brian said breaking free of Dean.

The fire became more intense, he dodged past the flames and ran inside.

“Neilson! Answer me!” Nick yelled once more ducking through fire, something finally catching his eye. “Neilson” he said spotting his converse sneaker, he dug through a pile of ash and burnt planks, finding Neilson at the bottom. “My god” he said picking Neilson’s head up carefully “Neilson, Neilson come on wake up” he said patting his cheek. He then pulled Neilson’s suit jacket from him and covered him up, hoisting him into his arms.

“Bradley! Bradley J.!” Brian called out.

“Over here!” Nick yelled, Neilson still cradled in his arms “I found Neilson, Bradley’s got to be close by” he said.

“Go! Get him out of here!” Brian said.

A firetruck came speeding towards them, an ambulance followed behind, sirens blaring into the night.

Brian began to search through the debris, throwing aside burnt planks and ashes.

Nick emerged from the building, Neilson safely cradled in his arms.

"Need oxygen over here" a rescue worker said to another.

"How many more left inside?" they asked.

"Five, one of them is my son's girlfriend you have to get her out" Nick said.

"Do you need medical attention?" the paramedics asked him.

"No, I'm fine, just help my son, please" Nick said.

"You could have smoke inhalation..."

"I'm fine, really" Nick said.

“Bradley!” Brian called out searching through the burnt rubble.

Bradley moaned “Dad?” he asked.

“Bradley” he said pulling a plank off of him. “Come on, we have to get out of here before this place caves in” he said helping him to his feet “You alright?” he asked.

Bradley coughed “Neilson…where’s Neilson?” he asked “Neilson!” he called out.

“Neilson’s fine, come on!” Brian said.

“What about Nat?!” Bradley asked.

“They’re going to come in and find her alright” Brian said.

“No, no, I’ll find her” Bradley said looking around.

“Bradley!” Brian said.

“Dad I have to find her!” Bradley said to him. “Nat! Natalie?!” he yelled, coughing once again “Nat!” he yelled once more.

“Got her” Brian said pulling broken boards off her, Bradley pulled her into his arms and carried her to safety.

"Nat...dad, where's Nat? and Bradley" Neilson said “I gotta go get them” he said.

“No! Neilson you are not going back in there” Nick said stopping him.

“My best friend and my girlfriend are still in there, I’m going to find them!” Neilson said.

"They're going to get them out don't worry!" Nick said to him.

"What if they can't find them, what if they’re hurt..."

“Neilson!” he heard Bradley yell, he approached him, Natalie still in his arms.

“Bradley” Neilson said rushing over to him.
“Oh god is she okay?” he asked about Natalie,

Suddenly she gasped and began to cough “What happened?” she asked coughing.

“Hey we need oxygen over here!” Brian said to the paramedics.

Howie began to step towards the building.

"Sir, you can't go in there" a fireman said to him.

"No my son is still in there..." Howie said struggling against him.

"My men are in there, they're going to get him out, you need to stay back..." he said still trying to hold him. A fireman came out, cradling Harry in his arms.

"Oh god" Howie said rushing over to him "Harry" he said.

Kyle stood back on the hill, watching the flames fly high into the sky, fading into the stars.

"Watch it kid!" a firefighter said pushing past him.

"We're going to need to you to stand back" they said to him, Kyle nodded absently, stepping backwards.


~*~



Kyle, Harry and Adam sat on a windowsill of the hospital, their backs up against the window.

"Kyle" Adam said to him.

"What?" Kyle asked.

"Next time you piss off one of your teammates, make sure they're not a homicidal maniac with a homicidal maniac father" Adam said to him.

"I'll try" Kyle said to him, someone cleared their throat, they looked up to see Darren standing there.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"Can we help you?" Kyle asked.

"Yeah...hi, I'm Darren Winchester...I was Damien's older brother."

"Oh god not another one" Adam groaned.

"If you have any plans of killing us, can you let us know so we can leave the country?" Harry asked him.

"No, unlike my brother and my father, I don't really have a thirst for vengeance" Darren said to them.

"Were you adopted or something?" Adam asked.

"Uh no... I am a biological Winchester" Darren said to them.

"You have our pity" Adam said.

"Don't mind them...they're just cranky what with almost being blown up and everything" Kyle said to him.

"Yeah, that's what I was hoping to talk to you about, you're Kyle right? Kyle Richardson?"

"Does that make you happy or sad?" Adam asked.

"I promise, I come in peace...look what you've all been through at the hands of my brother and father, I find it reprehensible and outrageous at best...my mother and I want to extend our deepest apologies, our family has put you through enough, and we're truly sorry to have ever been associated with it" Darren said to him.

They looked at each other "Well uh...thanks" Kyle said to him.

"I just want you all to know what my family won't be bothering you anymore, my mother and I are moving out of the state, we're going to try to get on with our lives and we hope you can do the same" Kyle nodded at him
"goodnight" Darren said leaving them.


~*~



"Ow" Bradley said wincing as he sat on top of a gurney, his head turned up towards the ceiling as a nurse cleaned up his neck wound.

"Sorry" the nurse said.

"Well?" Brian asked.

"Just a graze, nothing major, the strangulation marks are what worries me though, I really think you should have an x-ray and CT scan just to check" he said pulling his gloves off.

"Fine, can I do it tomorrow or something?" Bradley asked "I got air in my lungs, my jugular still intact and I really just want to go home" he said.

"I really think you should have it done now" Brian said.

"Dad, it's been a really long night" Bradley said "I just want to go home" he said.

"Alright" he said "But you're explaining it to your mother" he said.

“Hey” Neilson said as he and Natalie came into the cubicle.

“Hey” Bradley said to him.

“You alright?” he asked sitting next to Bradley.

“Yeah I’ll be fine” Bradley said.

“Bradley!” Vicki called out, her heels clicking against the floor as she came into the cubicle she ran to his side, wrapping her arms tightly around him. “Oh honey, I’m so glad you’re okay” she said hugging him tightly "My god, look at you" Vicki said examining his neck “What happened? What did he do to you?” she asked.

"I'm fine" Bradley said to her.

“He is not, Mr. Winchester almost strangled him” Natalie said, Bradley glared at her.

“So? What happened now?” Vicki asked as she stood by his side.

“Well we were at the dance and I was perfectly fine, next thing I know, I’m lightheaded, I’m dizzy and I can barely stand on my feet” Bradley said to her.

“Yeah me too” Neilson said.

“I guess he must have slipped us something somehow” Bradley said.

“I saw you guys, you were most definitely drugged or something and when you both disappeared I went to the maze to look for you” Natalie said “Someone jumped out in front of me and as it turns out it was Damien, then someone put something over my face and…that was the last I remembered before we woke up in that…house of horrors” Natalie said.

“We woke up in a room, he had us all chained to a wall and then crazy papa Winchester comes in and makes his presence known” Bradley said.

“How were you able to call me without him knowing?” Brian asked.

“He had his back turned while he was introducing himself to me” Natalie said to him.

“Said he wanted to play a game” Bradley said.

“A game?” he asked.

“What kind of game?” Vicki asked.

“He wanted me to choose between Bradley and Natalie” Neilson said to her.

“What?” Vicki asked.

“Yeah” Neilson said.

“Oh god” she groaned.

“Natalie?!” someone called out.

“Mom?!” Natalie asked leaving the cubicle “Mom” she said as her mom engulfed her in a hug.

“I heard about the explosion, oh my god, I’m so glad you’re alright” Jodi said frantically, holding Natalie close.

“Miss Cappel…I just want to say how sorry I am about all this” Neilson said “Nat wouldn’t have been in this situation if it weren’t for me” he said sadly.

“Neilson, please don’t apologize, this isn’t your fault” Jodi said to him “My god look at you” Jodi said to Natalie.

“I know, what I wouldn’t give for a nice hot bubble bath right now” she said.

“Well come on, I’ll take you home and you can soak in the tub for the rest of the night” Jodi said to her.

“Okay…you going to be okay?” Natalie asked Neilson.

“Yeah course, go” he said to her.

“I love you” she said.

“I love you too” he said as they kissed softly.

“I’ll call you later okay?” she asked.

“Kay” he said as she left with her mom.


“I cannot believe he actually told Neilson to choose between the two of you” Vicki said to Bradley.

“Why not? It’s right up his alley, he gets this sick satisfaction in trying to turn Neilson and I against each other” Bradley said. “He even did it when he was holding us prisoner and forced me to admit to Neilson that I kissed Nat.”

Brian and Vicki looked at him in surprise “You kissed Natalie?” Vicki asked.

“Oh yeah…I didn’t tell you guys about that huh?” Bradley asked.

“When was this?” Brian asked.

“Like months ago” Bradley said to him “I hadn’t told Neilson about it and if I didn’t he was going to, he left me no choice…that’s how he operates, sadistic bastard” Bradley grumbled.

“So what happened after he asked Neilson to choose?” Brian asked Bradley.

“Neilson offered up himself” Bradley said “so I stepped up and said that if he wanted to kill Neilson…he was going to have to kill me first” Bradley said.

"Why am I not surprised?" Brian asked.

"Yeah well, as you can see, he almost did” Bradley said pointing to his neck.

“So he put a knife to your throat?” Brian asked.

“Yeah, Nat bit him on the leg, he dropped the knife and then he decided to wrap his hands around my neck and try to strangle me” Bradley said. “That’s when Neilson bent down, picked up the knife and…drove it into his back…then he went down” Bradley said “They got the keys and uncuffed me so as we were leaving I…stepped on the knife handle with my foot” Bradley said as Brian and Vicki groaned. “Oh come on, the guy almost killed me” Bradley said bitterly “Can we go home now?” Bradley asked.

“No, not until they run tests” Vicki said to him.

“I said I’d come back tomorrow” Bradley said to her.

“Fine” she said “I’ll check you out, but we are coming right back here first thing in the morning, no arguments” Vicki said to him as she left the cubicle.

Neilson then came back into the cubicle.

“Nat leave?” Bradley asked.

“Yeah her mom took her home” Neilson leaning against the gurney “Ready to get out of here?” he asked.

“Definitely” Bradley said.

Neilson wrapped his arm around Bradley's shoulders and walked him out of the room. They walked down the hall, meeting the Adam, Kyle and Harry at the end.

"Hey" Neilson said to them.

"Hey" Kyle said as Bradley and Neilson took a seat on the window sill, they sat there in silence.

"I hate Halloween" Harry said breaking the silence, they all nodded.

"It really is overrated huh?" Adam asked "And no offense to your mom or anything but I'm starting to hate this place" Adam said to Bradley.

Bradley nodded in agreement "Yeah so am I" he said to him.

"Can we go home now?" Neilson asked.

"Please" Harry said, they stood up from the window sill and walked down the long corridor.

“You guys go ahead, I want to check on something" Kyle said as they began to walk down the hallway.

He got into an elevator pushing the down button, the elevator began its descent and dinged when it got to the bottom floor.

He looked into the window of the morgue, seeing the coroner pulling two stretchers into the room. "Can I help you?" he asked Kyle.

"That Damien and Derek Winchester?" Kyle asked.

"Uh I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to divulge that information, are you family?" he asked.

"No, I'm just the guy they tried to kill" Kyle said,

The coroner looked at him strangely "Oh..." he said.

"Let me see them" Kyle said.

"Look kid..."

"Open the bag, now!" Kyle yelled at him.

The coroner relented and unzipped the body bag that held their remains "We won't have a positive ID until the ME comes in tomorrow morning..." he said to Kyle as he looked down at what was left of Damien.

Kyle nodded and backed away "Thanks" he said leaving the room, the coroner zipped up the bag once again.


3 weeks later...


A pair of elevator doors opened, Darren stepped out into a long hallway. Autumn leaves and cornucopias adorned the receptionist's desk "Mr. Winchester, welcome back" an attractive young woman said to Darren, she picked up a phone and pushed a button "Darren Winchester is here" she said "Okay" she said hanging up "Have a seat" she said to him.

"Thanks" he said sitting down.

"So, any plans for Thanksgiving?" she asked.

"Going to visit my mother and some of our relatives in Greenwich for dinner" he said to her.

"Sounds nice" she said as a man in a white coat came into the waiting room.

"Darren" a doctor said to him.

"Bernie, hey" he said shaking his hand.

"Come with me" Bernie said leading Darren down a hallway.

"Any progress?" he asked as they walked down the hallway, Bernie slid a card through a slot, a light turned green and the door opened.

"See for yourself" he said as they stepped inside.

"Father...little brother" he said revealing two bodies wrapped up in gauze each lying in a hospital bed.


Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'all's neighborhood
And whomsoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the hounds of hell
And rot inside a corpse's shell

The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grisly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller


TO BE CONTINUED...
Chapter End Notes:
'Thriller' by Michael Jackson as read by Vincent Price