- Text Size +
There was yet another knock at Daphne's door, tears stained her cheeks as she opened it to see Dean and Captain Swan standing there.

"Mrs. Winchester" Dean said to her.

"Oh...it's you" she said upon seeing him "we heard you had some questions about your husband and your son..."

"Yes" she said.

"We figured you'd want to talk to someone with a familiar face" Dean said to her.

"Mom" Darren said coming to her side.

"This is my oldest son, Darren" she said introducing them.

"Hi" he said shaking their hands.

"Shall we sit?" Daphne asked "Can I get you anything?" she asked.

"No, thank you" they said as she sat down.

"Well Mrs. Winchester, we'll answer any questions you have" he said leaning towards her.

"I'm not sure I completely understand how this happened" she said to them "I just want to know how...and why?" she asked dabbing her eyes with a tissue.

"Well uh...we're still pretty unsure how anything happened...so far we believe that another inmate started both fires to escape" Dean said to her. "I'm sorry we can't offer more but we're still in the middle of the investigation."

"I understand" she said.

"The man I spoke to said he needed DNA for confirmation?" she asked.

"That's right...look we don't need it right now you can take as much time..."

"No... it’s fine" she said to him "I just want Derek and Damien to rest in peace now" she said to them.

"Okay well, here's the number of the coroner's office, have whatever medical facility you go to send the results to them and when they have a match they'll notify you as soon as possible".

"When can I start making the arrangements? For the burials?" she asked.

"As soon as the results come in you may proceed anyway you wish."

"Thank you officers" Darren said.

"Mrs. Winchester...your son and your husband may have done some horrible things but...it doesn't make their death any less tragic...I'm very sorry for your loss" Dean said to her.

"Thank you" Darren said walking them to the door.

Daphne glanced over at a side table, seeing a formal portrait of the family, she clutched it to her chest and began to sob. Darren returned to her side and held her closely "It's okay" he whispered to her.


~*~



The bell soon rang, the halls filled with students, Bradley came out of a classroom and pulled his phone from his pocket. He then started to walk down the hallway when he could hear the faint whisper of everyone around him, He felt eyes on his back, people stared as he walked past them, he turned back to look, they turned away quickly.

"Okay" he said to himself as he went to his locker, he opened it up, standing there he could still feel people watching him, he turned around once again to see everyone look away "What is going on around here today?" he asked himself.

Neilson smiled to himself as he read Bradley's text message, he walked down the hallway and walked into the art room where Natalie sat on a wooden stool. "Hey, this is a surprise" he said upon seeing her, he noticed her distressed expression "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Uh well...I sort of have some news" she said.

"Oh, what's up?" he asked setting his bag on the floor. He walked over towards the shelves that held everyone's work and pulled out a large canvas.

"Damien and his father were killed last night in prison" she said.

He turned to face her "What?" he asked, she then handed over her phone, he looked at the screen, he then sat down on another wooden stool "What happened?" he asked.

"No one knows; the police can't figure it out" she said to him.

"Both of them?" he asked reading from her phone.

“Yeah" she said to him "You okay?" she asked.

"I don't know" he said dazed.

"Neilson, it's over, you're safe Damien or his father can't hurt you or the others anymore" she said.

Neilson looked at her "Somehow I'm not so sure" he said to her.

"Why does everyone keep looking at us?" Harry asked sitting down at their lunch table.

Adam turned to look at everyone "What?!" he barked, everyone then turned away.

Kyle came into the cafeteria, people still staring at him as he walked past. He set his bag down and sat next to Harry at the table “Hey” he said sullenly.

“What’s with you?” Adam asked.

“Don’t start with me Adam” Kyle said angrily.

“Yeah I really crossed the line by asking how you were” Adam said irritated.

“Hey” Neilson said appearing with Natalie and Bradley, they sat at the table.

“Did you hear?” Bradley asked Kyle.

“Yeah I read it on the internet this morning” Kyle said to him.

“Hear what?” Harry asked.

“This is insane” Neilson said.

“What’s insane?” Harry asked once again.

“Someone want to clue us in here?” Adam asked.

Neilson set his phone in the middle of the table “Ho ahead, read” Neilson said as Harry picked the phone up and began to read.

Harry could feel his face drain when he saw the picture.

"What?" Adam asked "What is it?" he asked taking the phone from Harry, he looked at it "Oh" he said staring at it.

“They’re dead?” Harry asked “Both of them?” he asked it.

"Too early to start celebrating?" Adam asked handing the phone back to Neilson.

"I really didn't think I would have to tell you guys this but this is not your fault, you have nothing to feel guilty about here" Natalie said to them.

"Tell that to them" Kyle said as she looked around to everyone staring at whispering at them.

"Forget about everyone else, you guys know what happened to you and who did it and if they want to waste their time mourning Damien and his insane father that's their problem" she said.

Adam then stood up and whistled "Excuse me? Can I have everyone's attention?" he asked getting up on the table.

"What are you doing?!" Harry asked.

“Adam get off the table!” Kyle said to him.

"I assume you've all seen the news this morning?" Adam said as everyone looked at each other "Yeah? Okay great well let me tell you something about the two guys on the front page, they were evil sadistic bastards" Adam said throwing the paper down. There was nothing good about these guys" he said, everyone looking at him. "If I may refresh your memories...Damien was a bully, Damien didn't get what he wanted so he threw a hissy fit and took Kyle and I hostage" Adam said.

"And before that happened he shot Bradley J. here not to mention Mr. Burns and Coach Reinhart and then he shot Harry" he said, stilling standing on top of the lunch table. "And if that wasn't enough his psycho daddy decided he was going to get revenge so you know what he did? he kidnapped us from our home and kept us prisoner" Adam said "And when he wasn't paying a bunch of goons to beat us up daily, he was trying to turn us against each other".

"And then when he realized he was about to be caught he shot us up with some drug they use in lethal injection and then buried us alive so if you ask me...their so called tragic death...wasn't enough justice...thank you and have a wonderful day" Adam said stepping down and sitting, the whole lunch period was stunned and then on it was kept in silence.


~*~



"good afternoon and welcome back, I'm here with the most successful boyband of all time with over 130 million albums sold worldwide, please welcome the Backstreet Boys, hey guys" a woman said to them as they sat in a TV studio.

"Hello" they all said to her.

"Hello, great to see you guys again" she said to them.

“Thanks for having us” AJ said to her.

“Of course” she said.

“Now I don’t have to ask how you guys are, you’ve been in the news a lot lately” she said.

“Yeah…unfortunately” Nick said.

“Wish it was good news” Howie said.

“I bet” she said “First there was the shooting at your boys’ high school, I know that two of your boys were shot, is that correct?" she asked.

"Unfortunately yes" Howie said to her.

"And then the kidnapping…I mean having your child taken from your home, basically held prisoner for days and then they were what? Buried alive?...my god it's like a long running nightmare, how have you all gotten through this?" she asked.

"Probably one of the worst things in the world is not knowing if your child is okay or not" Howie said.

"Absolutely" she said.

"I mean during the shooting, the agony of just waiting to hear something and then learning that two of our boys were hurt and not only that but the emotional trauma that the others went through trying to do everything they could to make sure you know their friends didn't die" AJ said.

"Yeah" she said.

"The kidnapping was obviously worst because instead of waiting hours it was days of not knowing where they were or if they were alive or not" Howie said.

"It's scary, and we were getting phone calls and things sent in the mail and then we had to literally dig them out of a grave, it was probably the most horrifying experience a parent can go through" Brian said.

"My god" she sighed "How are they doing now?" she asked.

"What people don't know is that the boys are very resilient obviously you don't get over something like that easily, it takes time, but they're handling it pretty well" AJ said.

"Well I think we can all agree that we're so happy that your boys are home and safe" she said.

"Thank you" AJ said.

"We'll be right back with the Backstreet Boys, here to talk about their latest single Straight Through My Heart and their new album This Is Us, stick around" she said.


~*~



Derek grunted as he paused the video on his phone sat at large table, a place setting in front of him.

"Can I fetch you a drink sir?" a distinguished looking man asked.

"Please" Derek said.

"Boss?" a large man asked coming into the dining room "You got to see this" he said handing him a newspaper.

Derek smiled "Wonderful" he said holding the paper.

"What's wonderful?" Damien asked rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"Well...if it isn't sleeping beauty" Derek asked irritated "Enjoy your nap?" he asked.

"Sounds like you could certainly use one…among other things" Damien said sitting at the table when the butler brought a covered dish out to him. "Like I said before, what's so wonderful?" he asked, beginning to eat his breakfast, Derek smiled and handed him the paper. "What the hell?" Damien asked looking at the front page "What is this?" he asked.

"Don't worry...we're right on schedule" Derek said to him. "Had you come down earlier instead of slipping into a coma we could've discussed my plans."

"Well...I'm awake now, so let's hear it."

"Not now, after lunch, let's eat" he said.


~*~



Daphne and Darren sat outside in a waiting room, a man in a white lab coat soon appeared, he stepped up to the front desk. His secretary whispered something to him, he turned to look at them, he took his glasses off.

"Mrs. Winchester?" he asked.

"Yes" she said.

"Are you sure you want..."

"I'm sure...I need to see it for myself" she said to him.

"Follow me" he said, Darren took her hand and they followed the doctor.

Two tables sat in the middle of the room, white sheets were stretched out on top, the doctor put on a pair of rubber gloves.

"Mrs. Winchester we believe this to be the remains of your husband Derek" he said reading from a clipboard. She nodded sadly, he pulled the sheet back, her face went blank, staring at the supposedly charred remains of her husband. Tears welled up in her eyes as she nodded absently, they pulled the sheet back over the cadaver's face.

"And we believe these to be the remains of your son Damien" the doctor said pulling the sheet down, she then crumbled to the floor, Darren struggled to keep her on her feet before eventually sinking to her level.

The doctor stood watching them "I'm very sorry" he said to her "And I'm sorry to ask you this but we need you to sign this...to release the remains to your care" he said holding a clipboard. Darren sat her down on a chair, taking the clipboard from the doctor and scrawling his signature on it "Thank you" the doctor said

"Come on mom" Darren said helping her up and out of the office.