- Text Size +
Vicki sat in her office, she stared down at her phone screen as she held it in her hand, a video clip of the guys' interview played.

"Now I know that out of this whole ordeal something great actually came of it, Brian I understand that you reunited with your high school sweetheart."

"Yep that's true" Brian said happily.

"Aww" she said "So how are things going after being apart for so long?"

"Couldn't be better" he said smiling "We picked up right where we left off it's like nothing has changed, it feels amazing" he said, Vicki smiled to herself.

"That is so sweet, so how does your son feel? Is he happy having his parents back together?" she asked.

"Oh he loves it, yeah" he said nodding.

"Well I wish you guys the best" she said.

"Well thank you" he said to her.

A knock came upon Vicki's office door "Oh, come in!" she bellowed, stopping the video clip.

"Hello dear" Marian said coming into Vicki's office “Here’s your mail” she said handing her a stack of envelopes.

“Thank you Marian” Vicki said taking the stack from her hand.

“So I've been meaning to ask you…how are things going with you and your Backstreet Boy?” Marian asked smiling at her.

Vicki smiled “Everything is wonderful” she said.

“Oh it is just so romantic, high school sweethearts reunited in a time of tragedy” Marian gushed.

"Yeah...he's actually out of town right now, I miss him so much."

"Aw, well don't worry I'm sure you'll be together again soon" Marian said.

Vicki heard her phone ringing "Oh, speak of the devil" she said seeing his name pop up on the screen.

"Ooh, I'll give you some privacy" Marian said quickly leaving the room.

"Hello?" she asked answering.

"Hey" Brian said hearing her voice.

"Well hello there" she said happily.

"So how's your day going?" he asked.

"Ugh, long" she said sitting back in her desk chair "But watching your interview made it so much better" she said.

"Oh so you did see it" he said.

"I did...I love you" she said.

"I love you too" he said.

"Is this album promo stuff really necessary? I miss you so much" she said to him.

"Trust me I wish it wasn't" he said "But we got to remind people we're still here" he said.

“Well…when you do get home, I will have a very nice surprise waiting for you” she said seductively.

Nick sat on the couch of the green room, his phone in his hand as he quickly scrolled up and down on the screen. Something caught his eye and he sat up abruptly “Oh my god” he said reading something, his brow furrowing in confusion.

“Oh really” Brian said intrigued.

“Bri” Nick said approaching him, phone still clutched in his hand.

“Just a sec” Brian said “Can I get a hint?” he asked when Nick started furiously tapping him on his shoulder. “Can you hang on a second?” he asked “What?!” he asked irritated.

“Look!” Nick said thrusting his phone in Brian's face.

“Hang on” Brian said taking the phone from Nick and looking at it “Oh my god” he said.

“You okay?” Vicki asked.

"Damien and Derek Winchester are dead" he said.

“What?” she asked sitting up in her desk chair when suddenly the door to her office opened.

“Dr. McAdams” Marian said coming in with a newspaper in her hand. “You have to see this” she said handing it to her, Vicki looked at the front page of the paper, Damien and Derek’s faces splashed upon it.

“Oh my god, here it is” she said "They were burned to death in prison" she said as she read the paper "It says their bodies were burnt beyond recognition" she said to him.

“Do you think Bradley knows?” Brian asked.

“I don’t know, but as soon as I see him I will definitely tell him” she said.

"Five minutes guys" the station's manager said to them.

"Hey I got to go, but I'll call you as soon as I'm done alright?" he asked.

“Can’t wait” she said smiling.

“I love you baby” he said.

“I love you too” she said smiling and hanging up, she then unfolded the newspaper and began to read more.

“You talk to Neilson?” Brian asked Nick.

“Yeah he knows, all the boys do” he said putting his phone in his pocket.

“They okay?” Brian asked.

“He says it’s a little hard to believe but he’s okay…Kyle’s taking it pretty hard though” Nick said.

“What? Why?” Brian asked.

“He feels guilty, I don’t know” Nick said.

“This sounds awful to say but…”

“No, say it because after everything they put our boys through we have a right to wish them nothing but harm and it sounds like karma caught up with them” Nick said.

“What’s going on?” AJ asked as he and Howie approached them.

“Yeah what are you guys whispering about over here?” Howie asked.

Nick handed over his phone as they began to read.

“Is this for real?” Howie asked.

“A hundred percent” Nick said.

“What happened?” Howie asked.

“There was some kind of fire or something, they were burnt alive” Nick said taking his phone back.

“You know what? Good I hope it was slow and painful” AJ said.

"Do the boys know?” Howie asked.

“Yeah they know” Brian said.

“I should call Adam” AJ said taking his phone out.

“Don’t worry they’re fine…a little shocked but fine” Nick said.

“Alright guys you’re on” the station manager said coming to the green room and leading them out.

~*~


The door to Vicki's office opened “Hey mom" Bradley said coming in.

“Oh hey” she said quickly clearing the paper off her desk "I was just on the phone with your dad..."

"Oooh..." Bradley said in a high pitched voice.

"Don't start" she said to him.

"So...you and dad huh?" he asked "Careful, remember what happened last time" he said hopping up on her desk.

"Which was?" she asked as he spread his arms out, she looked at him sadly.

"It was a joke" he said to her.

“Sweetie…I have to tell you something” she said.

“What’s up?” he asked.

“Uh well…it seems Damien and his father are dead…they died in prison last night” she said.

“Yeah I know” he said “Nat told me, she showed me the story on her phone earlier” he said.

"You okay?" Vicki asked.

"What? Because psycho boy and his equally psycho father are dead? Hell yeah" he said to her.

“Bradley” she said.

"Okay, well...tell you the truth this all seems a little too good to be true" he said "It doesn't feel real" he said to her.

"Honey, it's over, they're gone, they can't hurt you anymore" she said pressing her hands to his face "You're safe" she said bringing him close and hugging him "No one is ever going to hurt you ever again" she said squeezing him tightly.

He looked up at her and smiled "Hope you're right" he said to her.


~*~



"Hey mom" Kyle said going into Kellie's office.

"Hey, this is a pleasant surprise” she said hugging him “I’m glad you’re here though, I was worried about you today" she said to him.

"I'm alright I guess" he said shrugging “I’m assuming you heard about Damien and his father?” Kyle asked sitting down in front of her desk.

“Yeah” she said sitting on the edge of her desk "Dean came to see me today."

"Dean?" he asked.

"Yeah he uh...he's been put on the case" she said.

"Oh...and?" he asked.

"He said he'd let me know when he had more information” she said "How was school?" she asked.

"Oh it was interesting" he said to her.

"Interesting how?" she asked.

"Adam jumping up on the lunch table and delivering a monologue on how evil Damien and his dad actually were interesting" he said to her.

“As if people weren’t afraid of him already” she said.

"I find this all kind of hard to believe" he said "Two people burned to death in locked cells, beyond recognition no less?" he asked.

“Honey there are tests that can disprove that...dental records..."

"Yeah I know" he said to her.

"That's what Dean's going to try and find out" she said.

"So...he thinks this could all be a set up?" Kyle asked.

“Sweetie don't worry Dean is a good detective he's going to get answers" she said to him.


~*~



A few days later Dean entered the medical examiner's office.

"Can I help you?" the receptionist asked him.

"Detective Dean Stone, I'm here to see Wendell?" he asked.

She picked up a phone and pressed a button "Detective Dean Stone here to see you? Okay" she said hanging up "Down the hall to the left" she said to him.

"Thank you" Dean said walking down the hall.

"Well detective, what can I do you for?" Wendell asked taking his glasses off.

"I'm here about the DNA tests on the possible remains of Derek and Damien Winchester" Dean said to him.

"Oh yes" he said grabbing his clipboard "Well..." the doctor said flipping through his notes "Dental records and DNA provided by Daphne Winchester and her son Darren...yes, the tests are conclusive...these are the bodies are Derek Winchester and his son Damien" the doctor said to him. He handed him a sheet of paper with the test results.

"Okay, well thanks a lot doc, I appreciate it".

"Glad I could help" he said as Dean left the room. He watched Dean leave the building, he quickly scurried to his desk and picked up the phone "It's me...he bought it" he said before quickly hanging up, Derek grinned as he hung up his cell phone.

The phone in Kellie's office rang "Oh...Kellie Mitchell" she said answering it "Dean hey" she said. The door opened, Kyle came in "It's Dean" she said putting her hand over the receiving end of the phone, he set his bag down on a chair and stood next to her.

"Kel, I've got good news...well I have news" he said to her.

"You talked to the coroner?" she asked.

"Standing right outside the ME's office...it's them, DNA, dental records confirm".

"Oh thank god" Kellie said "Thank you so much!" she said hanging up.

"Well?" Kyle asked her.

"It's a match, it was them" she said as Kyle breathed a sigh of relief, she pulled him close and hugged him.