- Text Size +
Dark clouds covered the giant moon in the sky, the rumbling became louder and lightning lit up the night sky, tiny droplets of water fell to the ground. Nick lied on the couch in living room.

“We now return to AMC Fearfest Halloween marathon” a voice said on the TV.

AJ came into the living room with a giant bowl of popcorn “Ooh this is the good one” he said sitting down in the armchair with the popcorn.

“Can I get some of that popcorn?” Nick asked sitting up, AJ handed the bowl over. “So, when do you think Bri will finally come home?” he asked, they smiled at each other.

“Sometime Monday morning” AJ said as they snickered.

“Hey” Howie said crossing from the kitchen into the living room "Boys not home yet?" he asked.

"Not yet, soon though” AJ said checking his watch.

“They're probably helping Nat clean up the gym" Nick said.

"You guys going to wait up for them?" Howie asked.

"Sure" they said watching the TV.

“Good, I’m exhausted, I’m going to bed, night" Howie said going up the stairs.

"Night" they said when the doorbell rang.

“You want to get that?” AJ asked as they still focused on the TV, Howie looked at them irritated, shaking his head.

"Hey Backstreet, what's up?" Gavin asked, holding his fist out waiting for a bump.

Howie looked over to Nick and AJ on the couch "Which one is he again?" he asked.

"That would be Gavin" AJ said.

“Gavin…right… what brings you here?" Howie asked.

"Jr. Backstreet around?" Gavin asked.

“No…didn’t you just see them at the dance?” Howie asked.

"Oh dude the dance is over" Gavin said to them.

“Okay well, I’m sure you can still catch up with them, they’re probably helping Nat clean up” Howie said.

“I don’t think so…it’s pretty weird actually, I ran into Nat in the hallway, I asked what was going on with the music because Bradley just up and disappeared she said he wasn’t feeling well” Gavin said. “She asked me to ask Neilson to take over but he was gone too, she told me to do it while she went to look for them” he said. “I bump into Adam and he looked about ready to pass out I mean he was not looking good at all” Gavin said as they looked at each other mystified. “I hadn’t seen Kyle or Harry all night and before I knew it, the dance was over and Nat never came back” he said. “I was hoping they were here, I just wanted to tell Bradley his equipment was still in the gym” .

"Okay, well thanks for letting us know" Howie said shutting the door.

"Wait what should I do about..." Gavin said as Howie shut the door on him.

“I’m not liking the sound of this” he said “I’m calling Harry” he said.

“Just relax I’m sure it’s not as bad as it sounds” Nick said.

“Yeah well…after everything that’s happened this year, you can never be too sure” he said picking up his phone and dialing “No answer” he said as Harry’s voicemail kicked in.

“He’s right, the last time the boys mysteriously disappeared we ended up having to dig them out of a shallow grave” AJ said.

“Come on, let's take a drive around see if we can find them, you go to Vicki's house and tell Brian what's going on."

"Got it" Howie said.

"Alright let's go people" AJ said as they filed out of the house, cars squealing out of the driveway.


~*~



"Okay thanks" Dean said hanging up his phone "That was my captain, they found the missing prison guard…dead” he said.

“My god” Vicki said.

“Where?” Kellie asked.

“About a mile away from the prison in a wooded area, single gunshot to the head” Dean said.

“This guy’s doing a good job of covering his tracks” Brian said.

“Yeah well while planning his getaway I guess he completely forgot to take out the warden, some of our officers tracked him down in Santa Monica about an hour ago, he thought he could fall off the grid without anyone knowing, we were able to bring him in for questioning” Dean said. “But in exchange for his confession we had to grant him an order of protection” Dean said.

“Ian really made a deal with him?” Kellie asked.

“Kel we had to, you of all people know how dangerous this guy is” Dean said to her.

“You’re right I just…didn’t want him let off so easy” she said irritated.

“Oh he’s not getting off easy trust me, he’s still going down for conspiracy” Dean said to her.

“So…how did this all happen? What did the warden say?” Vicki asked.

“According to him, Derek Winchester struck a deal with a guard at the prison, he promised to pay him off if he got him out, once that was done he had him killed."

“So then the body in his cell was…” Kellie asked.

"Another inmate, Derek had the guard kill him and set the fire, he also had the coroner write up a phony report and killed him too."

"My god" Kellie said.

"What about Damien? How'd he get him out?" Brian asked.

"Same thing, he paid one of the guards to kill one of the other inmates and had him sneak Damien out."

"I'm guessing this guy is dead too" she said.

"We’re searching for him but odds are he’s dead as well" Dean said.

“Why? Why all of this?” Brian asked “And would they really come back here just for the boys?” he asked.

“Please don’t say that” Vicki said.

“I got to say, I’ve never met two people more hell bent on revenge than these guys…even hardened criminals don’t hold this much of a grudge” Dean said.

“They’d have to have a place to hideout wouldn’t they?” Vicki asked “So where would they go? And where are they now?” she asked.

"Vicki! Open up it's me!" Howie yelled as he pounded on the door, Vicki opened it "Hey, we got a problem...oh…Dean" he said.

"What's the problem?" Brian asked.

"It's the boys" Howie said to them.

"What about them?" Kellie asked.

"They're gone" Howie said.

"What? What do you mean gone?" Vicki asked.

"You know that kid Gavin? He came to the house he said that the boys and Natalie took off during the dance and no one's seen them since" Howie said to them.

"Oh god not again" Vicki said.

"I'm going to call my captain" Dean said pulling out his phone.

"Nick and AJ driving around to see if they can find them...I'm missing something here obviously" Howie said.

"Yeah that Damien kid and his dad aren't as dead as we thought" Brian said to him.

"What does that mean?" Howie asked.

"Damien's father paid off the coroner to falsify DNA evidence and make it look like they were killed in prison" Kellie said to him.

"You got to be kidding.”

"I want roadblocks and a team at the Winchester's old house and just in case check up on Daphne Winchester" Dean said hanging up his phone.


~*~



"Yes St. Agnes' Church...that's right twelve o' clock, yes, thank you" Daphne said on the phone.

"Everything okay mom?" Darren asked her.

"No, I feel like I'm living a nightmare...I knew one day I'd have to arrange your father's funeral I just didn't think it would be so soon...and no part of me ever would've imagined having to arrange Damien's as well" she said.

"Mom, I can take care of the arrangements, why don't you go and take some time for yourself?" Darren said to her.

The doorbell at Daphne's house rang "I'll get it" Darren said going to the door and opening it seeing two police officers "can I help you?" he asked.

"Is Daphne Winchester available?"

"Uh yes she is but...look she's going through a lot right now is there any way you can come back...?" Darren asked.

"Darren? Who is it?" she asked coming to the door.

"I'm sorry to bother you ma’am but it's important"the officer said.

"Mrs. Winchester we have a warrant to check your home" they said coming inside.

"What on earth for?" she asked.

"What's going on? What is this about?" Darren asked.

"Mrs. Winchester I'm sorry, but new evidence proves the coroner report was falsified and tampered, your husband and your son are alive" he said to her.

"Look, I don't know what the hell's going on here, but my mother has been through enough, so search warrant or not, I want you to leave" Darren said angrily.

"What is this evidence you have?" Daphne asked.

"We're not at liberty to discuss that, now, have either your son or husband contacted you?"

"Of course not!" Darren said to him.

"All clear" they police said.

"Is there anywhere else they would go to hide out?"

"Well...our old house was closed on last week...and then there's the summer home" she said to him. "I'm sorry, I just don't fully understand any of this" she said.

"We don't know everything yet, we're still investigating, if either your son or husband show up, you need to alert the police immediately."

"Yes of course" she said to him.


~*~



Helicopters flew over the Winchester's summer home a bright light casting a shadow over the large estate, a team of men broke through the front doors, guns drawn.

“All clear!” someone yelled.

"House is empty" someone said.

“No one’s here, they’re on the move, be on the lookout in any neighboring or nearby areas” he said into a radio “check around the perimeter, you guys check outside."

"Hey Callaghan...you may want to check this out" someone yelled from Derek's office.

They flicked on the lights to see the boards full of newspaper clippings and pictures of the boys.

"Oh my god" someone said as they looked around.

"Think this guy's a tad obsessed" someone said.

“Just a tad” they said looking around.

“He’s gone after those kids again” the other officer said.

“I think so” he said taking his phone out.

“I need Detective Dean Stone” he said.


~*~



"Hey, where are you guys?" Brian asked.

"We're doing a sweep downtown, so far nothing, what's up?" AJ asked.

"Got some bad news you know that Damien kid?" Brian asked irritated.

"He's dead what about him?" AJ asked.

"Not quite" Brian said.

"What are you saying?" AJ asked.

"He's not dead...neither is his psycho daddy" Brian said.

"But I thought..." AJ said confused.

"It was fake...they're still alive" Brian said.

"How is that possible?" AJ asked.

"It was a set up" Brian said.

"Not this guy again" AJ groaned "Where are you?" he asked.

“Howie and I are here at Vicki’s with Dean, you guys keep checking downtown, I’ll call if hear anything” Brian said.

“Same here, later” AJ said.

“Bye” AJ said as they hung up.

“Do I want to know?” Nick asked.

“Damien Winchester’s not dead” AJ said, Nick rolled his eyes “He faked his death to escape from prison, his father too” AJ said to him.

“God damn it!” Nick said in frustration “You thinking what I’m thinking?” he asked.

“That son of a bitch has the boys…again” AJ said angrily.

“And he could’ve taken them anywhere” he said as they looked at each other fearfully.