- Text Size +
Sienna looked at the monitor on her ship and smiled. Her plan was going exactly as she wanted it to, and neither Nick or Brian knew that she was coming. Especially Nick, who normally had a instinct about this kind of thing.

Yes, Sienna knew about Nick’s power...and she knew about Brian’s as well. Considering her own powers and her history with the two of them. She knew exactly what they were doing and where they were. Letting them find one another was just the beginning. She knew that was the key to awakening Nick’s power again once he was out of the coma induced by the accident. She was very pleased that Nick did not retain any memory of the accident or the kidnapping, although Brian knew everything,

Brian retaining the knowledge that he had failed Kevin’s request to teach NIck was a key part of things too. Sienna could have erased his memories as well, they had the ability to...but she liked to see Brian struggling. She relished the look he gave her when she carried Nick’s lifeless away from their wreck on the Moon all those months ago. Months that Brian spent agonizing over how he could have avoided the whole incident completely and months knowing that when Nick woke up and remembered he would not trust him. When Nick woke up, Sienna tried to win Nick over with friendship. having Nick as an ally would have been perfect. This had started to work until Nick found Brian. Brian was the one stopping everything. He had to be destroyed.

“Commander?”

“I told you not to disturb me.” Sienna snapped.

“We have brought the human you asked for.”

Sienna smiled, oh how delicious this conversation was about to be….

The sudden voices in the doorway startled Sienna from her thinking and she turned her chair around to see two of her guards in the doorway holding a struggling man.

“I’ve done nothing...let me go!!!” Howie screamed as he tried to pull away, but the guards gripped his arms tighter.

“Ah, yes. I’ve been waiting to see you. You helped those Earthlings I was looking for escape. I do happen to wonder what an appropriate punishment would be…”

“You’re vile. I hope they make it wherever they were going!!! You killed my whole family….”

“Now, now. there isn’t need for such language. I knew where you Earthlings were hiding the whole time. You can blame your fearless leader...Kevin for betraying our deal and abandoning your people. That is what happens when you go against my planet. Pathetic, nobody respects a bargain anymore.” Sienna smiled icily, holding Howie’s head up by his chin. He spit in her face and she threw him to the ground, the guards grabbing him so he couldn’t run away.

“You will pay for that.” she snarled.

“I’d gladly die if it meant protecting the innocent.” Howie hissed softly.

“Take him away and execute him like the others.” Sienna smiled. She laughed as she could hear Howie fighting in the hallway, being dragged away to his death. Still smiling, Sienna thought of the other Earthlings she had executed from the underground village. There were plenty more in the galaxy left and she only knew of a couple of places they were hiding. The Moon was next on her list. Pretty soon the human race would be extinct, just like she had promised.

Kevin would surely regret going back on his promise once she was done with all of them. His father had definitely regretted lying to her. She’d make all of them pay.


“Our people are dying. We need a healer.” Sienna said to Jerald Richardson before it all began. She had traveled many many miles through the galaxy to seek out Earth, where she knew the last Healers in the galaxy were.

“I wish I could help you, but unfortunately there are none left.” Jerald said coldly over the transmission hologram in front of him. Sienna looked angrily at the monitor in front of her, she knew he was lying.

“Alright then, if what you say is true. I only came all this way to seek assistance.”

“Let us know if you need anything else.”

Jerald smiled at her, “Of course.”


Of course...he’d lied to her. There were indeed Healers left. Nick’s parents were among them. When he found out that Sienna’s army was launching an attack, he’d gone to warn the Healers that were still in hiding. Upon reaching their village...there were bodies littering the ground. Bodies of men, women and children. Houses reduced to rubble. Smoke pouring out of broken windows and fires burning with nobody to put them out. Jerald was horrified but in the last house he checked there was a crying baby hidden under a broken screen door. A baby with a tuft of blonde hair and deep blue eyes….a baby that looked untouched from the chaos that surrounded it.

When he picked the baby up, he could feel a warmth radiating, a safe warmth that he could not explain to anyone and still sound sane. It was something he’d never felt before.

Jerald Richardson picked up the baby and carried it back to the ship wrapped in the blanket he found it in, holding it close as if he were waiting for someone to appear and snatch it from him. He brought it back to the base, hoping that the baby had retained the healing powers from its parents. Or at least he hoped the baby would grow up to be a Healer. Sometimes a baby born to Healers would not be a Healer itself. They’d have to do tests to be sure.

There would be time for that later.


As the boy grew, his powers began to show more and more. He was well hidden inside the laboratory on the base, hidden in secret from Sienna. The last Healer of the human race.

Healers were once a sprawling group of humans in the galaxy until Sienna’s planet needed them. She’d kidnapped them, used them until they begged to be released and exterminated. She had yet to find a Healer with powers strong enough to heal her people. They had a mysterious illness that was killing off their whole race, on the planet Motrale. People were dying and desperate, their natural resources exhausted. Sienna had tried to find refuge on Earth several times but was denied. That was when the war began. She felt that if she couldn’t co exist with the Earthlings, then they were not allowed to exist at all.



Sienna looked at the monitor in front of her, at the screen showing her the location of the secret base that the Earthlings thought she did not know about.

She smiled to herself again, oh how wrong they were about to be.