- Text Size +
Nick and Nissa want back to Friendship. They drove back. Once they got to Nissa's house, they unpacked the car. Then decided to grab some lunch. As they were eating, Nick got a call from his manager.
"Hey T-Man what's up?"
"Nick, where the hell have you been?"
"I have been with my girlfriend, her father passed away and she let me be here with her. Why do you have your panties in a bunch?" Nissa giggled when he told Travis that.
"The other boys have been trying to get ahold of you for a while. And since they couldn't they called me."
"What's wrong? Are they alright?"
“Yes they are fine. They wanted to talk to you about a possible Backstreet Boys reunion. They are having a meeting Tuesday morning"
“OK. Let them know I'm in. I'll be there." Nick and Travis hang up. Nick goes back to his lunch with Nissa.
"Nicky, What's wrong?"
"Travis, my manager was calling because the Boys called him trying to reach me. They wanted to know if I was interested in a Backstreet Boys Reunion."
"Baby, that's great!!!!!!!" Nissa noticed that he had a concerned look on his face. "What is it baby?"
“Baby girl, that means that I have to go back to Malibu tomorrow and leave you." Nissa reached her hand across the table.
“Baby, do it!!!!"
“But I don't want to leave you by yourself. Not yet."
“Nicky, I'll be fine. Backstreet Boys have been your life. And it comes before me. You have to do this for them. The fans."
‘Come with me."
"Baby, I can't. I'm not ready to leave the house behind."
"Are you sure? I could stay instead."
"Do your thing Nick. I'll be fine."
"OK baby." Nick and Nissa spent the whole day at the house watching movies in front of the fireplace. They fell asleep on the couch. Nissa was laying on him. With her head nuzzled in his neck. He had wrapped his arms around so she wouldn't fall off. She woke up, when she realized that the fire had died down and the sun was up. She decided to make him breakfast. This was the first time she had Sunday morning breakfast with anyone in a long time. Nick was woken up by the smell of bacon and toast. When he walked into the kitchen, Nissa had a whole breakfast spread. "Good Morning, Gummy Bear."
Nissa looked up from the stove and saw Nick, standing in the door way with his hair shooting in all directions, and rubbing his eyes. He reminded her of a little boy waking up too soon from his nap. She just thought he was too adorable. "Good Morning baby boy." She skipped to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. He hugged her back and gave a kiss on her head. "I made you breakfast. I tried to keep it as healthy as I could." She proudly told him.
"Thank you baby. I'm starving." They sat down to eat.
"Are you excited?"
"Yes it's been years since our last album."
"I can't wait. I'm excited. But I will miss you."
"I'll miss you too baby. We can text, call, video chat. I can fly out here and you can fly out there too. I'll make sure that I stay in contact."
"I will do the same." They got done with breakfast. Nick got everything ready. Then they headed out to the airport. They talked all the way there. They arrived to the departures area. Nissa parked and they both got out of the car. Nick opened the back seat door and took his suitcase out and set it down. Nissa went around to him. Nick gave her a hug. When he let go, Nissa got sad and put her head down so that Nick couldn't see.
"Gummy bear, don't be sad." He lifted her chin up and kissed her lips. "You'll see, we will be together sooner than you think."
"I know baby...I hope you have a safe trip." She hugged and kissed him again.
"I'll call you when I get there."
"Ok Baby...Bye Bye." He went on his way. Nissa got in her car. As she was getting in she noticed that they were being photographed. She walked over to him but he ran. "Fuck!!!!! That's just great. Now what?" Nissa drove home. When she got out, there was a reporter hiding in her bushes. The reporter approached her.
"Nissa, how are you dealing with your father's passing?"
"I could be better."
"Is it true that Nick Carter stayed with you this week?"
"Yes it's true."
"Is it true that you are dating?"
"He was making sure I was well adjusted before he went back."
"Are the rumors true that Backstreet Boys are back in the studio?"
"Why on earth would I know that?"
"Maybe he told you before he left this morning."
"Have you been watching my house?"
"Yes"
"You need to go before I call the cops for trespassing."
"Can I get a picture?"
"Fuck off!! I think you got enough today." The reporter left. Nissa got in her house. She laid in bed thinking about the time she had spent with Nick. She couldn't believe that she was dating him. But of course she knew that she needed to keep it on the down low. At least until Nick decided to release that information. She fell asleep.
"Mom, do you have the something borrowed?"
"Yes Nissa. I have this hair comb that belonged to your 'Abuela'. I also have this blue Jasmine flower."
"Great!!!! The flower can go in the bouquet." Jeff walked in to the dressing room where the bride was getting ready.
"You look so beautiful. Are you ready?"
"Yes daddy, I am." Jeff walked her to the altar. The whole time she was looking at the groom. He was facing to the front. When Jeff and Nissa got to the front, the groom slowly turned to face them. But as soon as he did Nissa was woken up by someone sitting on her bed. When she realized who it was, she started crying.
"Sophie, hey. I'm sorry I just had a dream with mom and dad." She told her as she embraced her.
"I know. I'm so sorry about your dad. I didn't go because I thought I would just be in your way."
"I understand. Patsy, Norma, Eric and Nick were thee with me.”
"What!?"
"What what?"
"Nick was there?"
"YES and we are dating."
"Really" Sophie squealed.
"Yes he is just amazing. He was there through the whole ordeal. Including paparazzi coming after me. Which is not gonna stop. So I hope you are ready to hang out with a celebrity."
"Of course I am."
"How have you been?"
"I've been good, working and getting serious with Joel."
"Oh what do you mean with that?"
"Joel and I decided to move in together."
"That's great! How long have you been living together?"
"Over a year, right now."
"That's really good. I'm really happy for you. I'm so sorry I've been MIA."
"Nissa, I understand. Your dad needed you. We can pick up where we left off."
"That's right. Let's start right now. Let's go to Coffee Dreams as soon as I get dressed."
"OK" Nissa got dressed. And they headed to Coffee reams. They were greeted by Mark and the girl that replaced Nissa, when she took her leave of absence.
"Hey girls. It's been a while since I've seen you together. Nissa, I'm so sorry about your dad's passing. How are you holding up?"
"I'm OK. Still adjusting to the empty house, but I'm OK."
"That's good. You know that you can always count on me with everything you need."
"Thank you Mark. I need to talk to you when you get a chance."
"I'm free right now. What's up?"
"Well, I'm resigning. Give my position to someone who needs it."
"OK. No problem. But always remember that you have an open door here."
"Thank you, Mark." She hugged him.
"Anything you guys get today is on the house."
"Thanks" Sophie and Nissa said in unison. They ordered their usual and sat down.
"Sooooo....Tell me more about Nick."
"He's great. He made sure I was alright. He stayed with me in the room. When he woke up he was so beautiful. Remember all those pictures where they are going for the just-rolled-out-of-bed look?"
"Yes."
"Well they failed miserably. It's......oh God, I can't describe it."
"Girl, I think you are smitten."
"Yes I am. I'm hoping we work out. But if we don't at least he's my friend."
"It's gonna work out. You guys are gonna be fine."
"Thank you." Sophie and Nissa headed out to the beach. Summer was ending and fall weather was upon them once more. They sat and caught up with each other. Nissa's phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hey Gummy bear, how are you?"
"I'm good. Just hanging with Sophie."
“OK baby, I'll let you go so can chill with her. I just called to let you know that I got home safe."
"I miss you already."
"I miss you too, baby girl."
"OK, I'll text you later."
"OK sweet girl." They hung up. Nissa looked towards the top of the rocks and noticed a photographer snapping pictures in their direction. Nissa and Sophie left the beach. No matter where they went they were being followed by the media. So they decided to go back to Nissa's place. They hung out for another couple of hours. They say and drank tea. Sophie saw it was getting late.
"I better get going. Joel is probably wondering where I'm at."
"OK. Hope we can do this again soon."
"Definitely" Sophie went home. Nissa took a shower. After she got dressed, she went downstairs to lock up. When she went back upstairs. She walked by Jeff's room. She went in. A wave of sadness and anger came over her. She burst in tears.
"Oh daddy, it feels like you're on one of those long trips and that you'll be back. But in reality this time you won't be back. God, I miss you so much." Nissa closed the door behind her and went back in her room. She fired up her laptop and as soon as she opened her browser, she was bombarded by pictures and articles about her mom and dad. The money she stood to inherit from both of them. All the pictures taken today at the airport, beach, and everywhere else. And of course all the rumors that she was fucking Nick for his money. At that moment she wished the internet didn't exist at all. She shut everything down. She laid in bed. She fell asleep wondering what Nick was up to...


Free Divider Myspace Graphics



"Nacho, what are you doing?" Nacho climbed on his lap and looked at Nick with a sympathetic stare. "What? I'm Fine." Nacho whimpered as he laid his head on Nick's knee. "Fine you caught me." Nacho lifted his head and started panting and wagging his knobby tail as if to say 'Spill the beans, Carter'. Nick sighed, "It's Nissa. I think I'm falling fast and hard for her." Nick decided he needed some distraction. So he called his best friend, Jake.
"Hey dude, what you up to?"
"Not much. Finishing up here at work, then it's party time. Wanna come?"
"Yeah, I'm down."
"Party is at SKYLIGHT at 9."
"Alright, I'll meet you at the front."
"OK, I'll see you there." Nick took a shower and got dressed. He headed out. When he got there, Jake was waiting for him. When they got in, they went straight to the VIP room. They were greeted by two girls that always hung out with them at the clubs. The red head, whose name was Jessica, sat on Nick's lap. The brunette was Heather, and she say on Jake's lap.
"Hey sexy, where have you been lately?" Jessica asked Nick.
"I've been with a friend. Where have you been, baby?"
"I've been playing third wheel to those two." She pointed in Jake and Heather's direction.
“I’m sorry baby, I'm here now." Nissa crept into his mind. He wished that Red was her. He was fighting his conscience.
"Dude are you stupid or what?" His little angle Nick shouted at him. His little devil Nick pushed the angel off his shoulder.
"You know you want to fuck Red. Look at those tits." Nick was getting jumpy. Jessica noticed it.
"Are you OK baby?"
"Yes I'm alright." She continued kissing his cheek, and jaw line. Devil Nick was chuckling and teasing angel Nick. Because he saw that Nick was gonna follow his advice. Nick kissed her lips, then her neck. And just as he was kissing his way to her breast, he stopped abruptly.
"Baby, what's wrong?"
"Jessica, I can't do this anymore."
"Why not?"
"I have someone now. She doesn't deserve this."
"That's the friend you were talking about. Huh?"
"Yes."
"Why isn't she here with you?"
"She couldn't be here." Nick got up to leave.
"Where are you going dude?" Jake asked him.
"I'm leaving man. I'm not feeling it."
"OK then." Jake went back to his brunette. Red joined them. Nick got in his car and dialed Nissa. He was feeling guilty because he knew he shouldn't have even let Red sit on his lap. And he could imagine what would've happened if Nissa found out.
"Hey baby what's up?" Nissa answered.
"Not much. I was at a party with Jake. I wasn't feeling it. So I left. Now I'm headed to the studio."
"Oh that's good. Are you alright?"
"Yeah baby, I just miss you."
"I miss you too. I was just thinking about you."
"Oh? What about?"
"About how amazing you are!!" Nick felt even worse when she told him that.
"Really?"
"Yes" she giggled. "Are you driving and on the phone?"
"No baby. I'm still in the parking lot of the club. I haven't left yet."
"Oh OK. The last thing I want is you getting into an accident."
"I appreciate that baby. So besides thinking about me, what are you up to?"
"I was gonna go to bed."
"Are you going to work tomorrow?"
"No I resigned. I'm just emotionally drained, that's why I'm going to bed so early."
"I understand. I saw the pictures they took of us today..."
"I tried to catch him but he just ran off before I could."
"It's OK. We just have to be extra careful."
"I'm down with that."
“Well baby girl, I'm gonna let you go so you can go to bed."
"OK baby. Talk to you tomorrow after the meeting."
"Good night Gummy Bear."
“Good night.” They hung up. Nick headed to the studio as originally planned. He got into the vocal booth and laid down the c=vocals to that song he was working on. He spent 2 hours doing so. When he was done he played back the track. He soon realized that he was singing about Nissa. He continued working on it. Before he knew it, it was almost daytime. “Shit, I have a meeting in an hour.” He went home and got ready. Then met up with management for that meeting. They all agreed on going forward with the reunion tour. He couldn’t wait to call Nissa and tell her.
Nissa woke up later than usual. The sun was bright. It was 63 degrees according to the local news. She went to the kitchen to have breakfast. Her doorbell rang.
“Hey Norma, how are you?”
“I’m doing good. Just thought I’d check in on you..”
“I’m doing good.”
“How are you holding up?”
“I miss him, but I’m getting back to my life slowly.”
“That’s good. I’m glad to hear that. You know you can always count on me for anything.”
“Thank you. How’s Eric?”
“He’s good. He’s about to be promoted. If he does he’ll have to go overseas to take care of that end of the company.”
“He’s gonna leave you? Or are you going with him?”
“I’ll visit with him. But I don’t think I could go live in another country.”
“Yeah, I understand.”
“How’s Nick?”
“He’s good. He went back yesterday. He had a meeting with the Boys today.”
“Oh that’s great. So is it official with you and him?”
“Yes but we haven’t told anyone yet. You know it’s really crazy but I’m already being hounded by the media because of mom. I couldn’t possibly imagine how it’s gonna be when the world finds out that ‘man-whore’ Nick Carter is going steady with me.”
“I hope you are ready for all that. It’s not easy being a celebrity.”
“I know. But I think Nick is worth it.”
“He seems to be. Anyway, Nissa I better get going. I just wanted to make sure you’re alright. Please keep in touch.” Norma told Nissa as she hugged her.
“I will.” Norma left. Nissa’s phone rang. “Hello?”
“Hi Nissa, This is Jolene, your parents attorney.”
“Hey Miss Jolene. How are you?”
“I’m doing well. I’m so sorry about your dad. How are you doing?”
“Better than expected. I have my moments though.”
“That’s understandable. I’m calling because I need you to come in so we can discuss your father’s will. I also need Eric and Nick to be present too. But I will call them to let them know.”
“OK. That sounds fine. When is the date?”
“A week from today at 10:00am. In my office.”
“Great. I will be there.” As soon as Nissa hung up, her phone rang again. “Hey Baby.”
“Hi, Gummy Bear. What you up to?”
“Nothing. Just got off the phone with my parent’s attorney.”
“It’s that time huh?”
“Yes, She told me that you and Eric need to be there too.”
“Me? Why?”
“I don’t know. She will call and talk with you.”
“OK. Besides that, what’s new?”
“Not much. Norma came to visit. She told me that Eric is getting a promotion. And if he does he’s gonna be traveling all over the world.”
“Really!!? That’s great. What about Norma?”
“She said she’ll visit with him, but she doesn’t see herself living in another country.”
“Yeah and I understand her point.”
“How was the meeting?”
“It was decided that we will do the reunion album and tour.”
“That’s great baby!!”
“I’m thinking about talking to the guys about a song that I’ve been working on.”
“Oh I hope they take it.”
“Me too. I think it’s gonna be one of the good ones.”
“Yes”
“Has the media left you alone?”
“No, of course not. Now they are digging into it because they got wind of the will reading.”
“Of course. Your mom was famous. And your dad being a celebrity attorney was famous himself. You being their daughter makes you famous too. They left you alone when you were little because your parents protected you. Now you are older and they will harass you more. Another thing that will contribute to that is the fact that you and me are dating.”
“I know baby. I guess I have to get used to it.”
“You guess?” He laughed nervously.
“I don’t mean it that way…”
“I know.” They talked for another hour. About how much they missed each other. About details of a tour. And how they would spend time with each other while he’s off on tour.
That week flew fast. She was nervous about the will reading but at the same time she wanted it to be over. She got ready, then headed out. Eric and Nick were gonna meet up over there. She was also looking forward to seeing Nick. She arrived and she saw Eric and Nick were already waiting in the waiting room.
“Hey guys.” She hugged Eric. Then she hugged and kissed Nick.
“Hey Nissa.”
“Hey Gummy Bear.”
“I’m so nervous.”
“Don’t be. There’s nothing to be nervous about.” Just then Jolene came out to greet them. She introduced herself to the boys and led all three of them to her office.
“So we all know why we are here. We are here to execute Jeff Hernandez’z will. These are his final wishes. So if we are all ready, let’s begin.” Nissa, Eric, and Nick gave their OK’s. “I will hand each one of you a letter that Jeff wrote for you guys. Then afterwards, I will distribute what belongs to you.” Jolene handed them a letter.




‘My Dearest Nissa,
If you are reading this, it means that I’m not there. I wish that it didn’t have to be this way. But only God knows why he did it. I know that you probably miss me but I want you to know that I am alright and that I want you to live your life to the fullest. I don’t want you to regret anything you do. I want you to be proud of everything you do. Never forget that no matter what your mother and I will always be proud of you. Never forget it. I love you with all my heart.
Love,
Dad”


Eric read his letter.


“Eric, my son,
Ever since you were a little boy, I’ve always seen you as a son. And it was all because I saw you grow up. I had always felt that connection with you. So when Norma told us the ‘SECRET’ I was extremely happy. It just gave me another reason to love you more. I’m proud of the man you have become. I just wish that I could’ve spend more time with you as your father. Please look after your sister.

Dad”



Nissa looked over at Eric and saw that he had a tear running down his cheek. She hugged him. Nissa new that whatever her dad had written in Eric’s letter had touched him. She then looked at Nick. He was reading his note.


“Nick,
I’ve only known you briefly. But seeing how you’ve been with Nissa, and seeing the way she acts when she talks with or about you, makes me wonder if there’s something there. And then I realized that you guys are meant to be. I mean I’m not a matchmaker, but I can see the spark between you. Just make sure that you don’t hurt her, she is very delicate. And I don’t know how much more heartbreak she could take. Love her like crazy. And I know that she will love you more.

Jeff”


Once they were finished reading their letters, Jolene proceeded to finish up the task at hand.
“I will start with Eric. This is what it says. I give Eric 50% of all my estate. To Nissa, I give her the other 50%. It’s only fair that I split everything in half. And last but not least, Nick. I give Nick my wedding band and Jazmine’s engagement ring and band. Make her happy.” Nissa was shocked to hear that Nick got the rings. She did not like that decision. But before she could object Jolene continued. “Ok now I can tell you guys what your 50% consists of. You guys get $15 million each. The house was your mother’s so Nissa, you get the house. Which I have to speak to you about your mother’s will.”
“That’s fine. Just tell me when.”
“Right after this meeting is fine. My next appointment is not for a while so I have the time. Now is there any questions about this will?”
“Nope. I’m happy with my 50%.” Eric said.
“Yes! Why would my father give Nick my mother’s rings. When they clearly belong to me.”
“Nissa there’s a reason for it. Just don’t worry about it!” Nick told her.
“Look, Nissa I’m just executing his wishes. He had a reason for that decision.” Jolene chimed in.
“I’m just not happy about that. But whatever.”
“Alright so everything having to do with Jeff’s will is all settled.”
“Ok thank you, Jolene.” Eric gave Nissa a hug. “I’ll talk to you later, sis.”
“OK bro.” Nick shook Jolene’s hand and turned to Nissa for a kiss. She turned her face. He kissed her cheek. Nick knew that she was very upset about the rings. But he knew that he had to give her some space. So he left. Jolene continued with Nissa.
“OK Nissa, your father included in his will, that you are the executor to Jazmine Sohma’s estate now. That includes her $23 Billion. The house, and all the royalties from her books.”
“Wow that’ a lot to take care of.”
“Well that’s why I’m here. As long as you let me, I will be here to help you with anything you need. I’ve been your parents’ attorney since your mom decided to publish her stuff.”
“Thank you so much. This means the world to me.” Nissa hugged her.
“Your parents chose me for a reason, and it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t continue to take care of their business with you.”
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome.”
“I better get going. Thank you so much.”
“You’re very welcome honey.” Nissa left Jolene’s office. Then she headed to Coffee Dreams. She walked in straight to the counter. Not seeing anyone. She was in her own little world. Once she ordered she sat down in her favorite corner. Noticing that at the other corner was Nick. She wasn’t sure if she could deal with him. So she just sat there. Nick decided that it was a perfect time to speak to her. He could corner her and she couldn’t wiggle her way out of it.
“Nissa we need to talk.”
“I know. Just not right now.”
“Baby girl. Please, I didn’t know he was going to do that.”
“Then you shouldn’t have any problems handing them over right?”
“I can’t do that Gummy Bear.”
“Why not?”
“Your dad did it for a reason, and you need to understand that.”
“Whatever Nick. You’re probably gonna give them to one of your bimboes. When clearly you know how much they mean to me.”
“Yes, I know how much they mean to you. And no... I’m not giving them to anyone except its rightful owner. When the time is right.”
“I was expecting you to hurt me, but not so soon.”
“Nissa, baby I’m not trying to hurt you. It’s not my intention. But your father wanted this and I think that you should be happy that I’m honoring your father’s wishes.” Nissa was so upset at that. But she knew that he was right. No other man would take the time to do so. But Nissa being as stubborn as she is, wasn’t gonna budge. Nick couldn’t believe that she said she expected him to hurt her. “I can’t believe you would say that. I can’t believe that you anticipated me hurting you. I think that’s shitty.”
“You do understand you are keeping my mother’s rings? How is that not hurting me?”
“Nissa, I’m not hurting you. Yes I do understand I have your mother’s rings. Just let it go because you are not getting them.” Nissa got up and walked away. Nick was so frustrated. He didn’t know what to do. He got up and chased after her. He caught up to her and grabbed her arm. “Nissa, wait.”
“What Nick? Haven’t you done enough?”
“Look I want you to know that, you’re a part of my life now. If I lose you…” He looked at her. He sighed and just walked away. Nissa saw sadness in his eyes. She got in her car and headed home. Sophie showed up a couple of minutes after Nissa got home.
“Hey girl, how are you?”
“Could be better. How about you?”
“I’m ok. What’s wrong?”
“Nick got my mother’s rings in the will.”
“So your father gave them to him?”
“Yeah. And I don’t see the reason why he would get them anyway.”
“Well, I’m pretty sure that your dad had a reason for that.”
“Why would my dad give a total stranger my mother’s rings?”
“Nick’s not a stranger. He’s been in your life for 5 years!!!!!! I wouldn’t consider that a stranger.”
“I know but I’m just so mad right now. I guess I’ll be alright when I get over it.” Sophie left after a while. Nissa was cleaning. She had the music in her iPhone on shuffle. All of the sudden ‘Don’t Walk Away’ by Nick came on. She was listening to the words and felt like he was singing it directly to her. She couldn’t help but miss him. She dialed him.
“Hello?”
“Hey.” She replied sounding sad.
“Hey baby. How are you?”
“Confused.”
“I’m sorry about all of this.”
“Are you still in town?”
“Yeah, I don’t leave till tomorrow.”
“Please come stay with me.”
“Of course, Gummy Bear. I’ll be right over.” Nick made his way to Nissa’s place. The moment Nissa opened the door, she threw herself on him. And started crying. “Baby girl, don’t worry. It’s gonna be alright.”
“I know. I’m sorry. It’s just too overwhelming.”
“You’re gonna be like this for a while. It’s gonna take a little time for you to get back to normal.”
“I hope so.”
“What were you up to?”
“I was just cleaning a little bit.”
“Oh OK.”
“I was also thinking about getting back to my site. I’m pretty sure that my little bit of fans are missing me. Or at least I need to update the blog.”
“That would be good. It would take your mind off everything.”
“Yeah you are probably right.” Nick spent the night with her. He had to head back the following day.
They continued talking for the next 9 months over the phone, text, and Facetime. The boys had finished their album. Nissa began working on her site. She finally got it looking like she wanted it. So she continued on her fan fiction. In those 9 months she acquired a couple thousand more fans. She was really happy. The Boys were getting ready to tour. One month before they were set to travel to New York to kick off their Reunion tour, Nick called Nissa.
“Hey baby boy, what you up to?”
“Not much. Just came back from a walk with Nacho. What about you?”
“I was responding to messages on my site.”
“Anything interesting?”
“Yeah. They keep asking me to write a book.”
“Maybe you should.”
“I’m considering it. Anyway what’s up? You usually call me later than this.”
“I was calling because I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come on tour with me?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, you travel with me.”
“You mean live out of a suitcase and on your tour bus?”
“Yes.”
“You mean live the rockstar’s wife lifestyle without being married to you?”
“Yes, Nissa.” He giggled. “So would you come with me? I would love if you do”
“OK. I’ll go with you. Maybe I’ll find inspiration for my book out there.”
“Yeah, most likely.”
“So when are we leaving?”
“The first show is in New York City in exactly 1 month. I thought maybe you could meet me in New York City. I’ll pay for everything. You could take a train or a bus. But I think it’ll be faster if you fly down.”
“Yeah I think it’ll be easier flying down there. That way I could leave my car here. “
“Yeah. All you need to bring with you is clothes, your laptop, all your forms of identification, and your passport. Everything else that you might need, I’ll take care of.”
“Baby, you don’t have to do that…”
“I know Gummy Bear, but I want to. You won’t be needing anything at all.”
“Thank you, baby boy.” That month went by really slow. Nissa got ready. Got everything settled at the house. Eric agreed to take her to the airport because he was leaving that same day for his job. He had taken that promotion. So he was flying to Japan. Nick picked her up at the airport. She ran to him. He picked her up and spun her around as he was kissing her. There was some celebrity photographers snapping away. They missed each other so much that they didn’t care if their secret was revealed. They walked out of the airport being photographed.
“Nick, Nissa are you guys an item!?”
“Yes we are.” Nick responded, kissing Nissa’s hand. Nissa looked at him with a surprised look.
“How long have you guys been dating?”
“A little less than a year.”
“How did you manage to keep it on the down low?”
“We have no idea, it was very hard to do.”
“Nissa are you going on tour with him? Is that why you are here?”
“Yes it is.”
“What about your dad’s house.”
“It’s being taken care of by a friend.” They made it out of the airport. They finally made it to his bus. When Nissa saw it, she was in amaze. She dreamed of stepping on his bus. But she never dreamed that she would as his girlfriend.
“So what do you think?”
“I love it!”
“I bet you dreamt of this moment.”
“Yes I did. But I never thought that I would be on your bus as your girlfriend.” Nick laughed. They got settled in. Then both Nick and Nissa went to sound check. There, she met the rest of the Boys.
“Hey guys, this is Nissa, the girl I’ve been talking about.”
“Hey Nissa.” They all shook her hand. “It’s about time Nicky found a sane girl.” Aj teased him.
“Shut up Aj” Nick playfully punched his shoulder.
“It’s really nice to meet you.” Kevin said. Nissa was in awe at how down to earth they all were. Nissa stepped back and let the Boys do their thing. Once they were done, Nissa got back to the bus. Nick had to talk to the Boys about an idea for VIP’s. He then got back to the bus.
“So how was it?”
“I loved it. Definitely looking forward to the show. Oh and stop with the very sexy moves, you’re gonna give these girls a heart attack!” She giggled as she gave him a peck on his lips. He licked his lips to taste hers. Nick got ready for the show. They went to the venue.
After the show, Nissa checked out Twitter and she was trending in NYC.

@NiksDevil: Was that @NissaSohma with @BoyBanderNik? They looked cute together!!!

@KaosticLove0905: @NiksDevil Who is @NissaSohma?

@NiksDevil: @KaosticLove0905 she is Nick’s girlfriend. He just announced it this morning…

@KaosticLove0905: @NiksDevil she looks like a gold digger. She’s fat. What does @BoyBanderNik see in her?


That was the beginning of the Nissa/Nick bashing. And Nissa knew that it was just gonna get worse.
She continued checking all the social media she had accounts with and there was a lot of negativity but there was also a lot of positive posts. Nick noticed that Nissa’s mood kept changing.
“Baby girl, there’s no point on getting on unless it’s to promote something because they will eat you alive. I’ve learned to deal with it. I know it’s all new to you. It’ll get easier.”
“I know. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I see that the supporters are defending us against the nay sayers. I was even called a vampiric leech. What ever that is.” Nick laughed. He loved the faces Nissa made when she was puzzled.
“I’m guessing they mean that you are a gold digger. But you and I know that you have more money than what I’ll make in a lifetime.”
“You’re right.” They laid down to sleep. The next several months, it was getting real to the fans that Nick and Nissa were an item and that they were getting stronger. So the fans that were against it went into a frenzy on all social medias. They were calling her ‘fat bitch’, ‘gold digger’, they even threw in a ‘devil’ and ‘satan’. Nissa was having a hard time dealing with the unwanted attention. But she dealt with it the best she could. She made the effort to mingle with them despite the negativity. And Nick appreciated that.
At the same time, Nick and Nissa’s coliving experience was blossoming. They spent as much time together but if Nick needed time to himself, Nissa would give him his space. Nick did the same thing. He never thought that living with someone was this easy, especially because she was a girl.
One night after their show, Nick sat on his little couch in the front of the bus. Jake had come up to spend his birthday with him.
“So where’s the broad that has you pussy whipped?”
“She’s not a broad, and she doesn’t have me pussy whipped. She’s with Travis’ wife.”
“Wait, that no good for nothing, Travis is here?”
“Yes so be nice.”
“So tell me more about Nissa.”
“You know how I always said that I would have a hard time living with anyone?”
“Yeah.”
“Well, it’s been easy. She gives me my space, and I give her hers. I respect her and she respects me. At night, she lays her head on my chest and she relaxes me so much that I’m actually sleeping well. When I’m apart from her, I can’t wait to see her…”
“Dude, you’ll get over it. That’s what happened with Sapphire Torres and me.”
“That’s not the same. She was a stripper.”
“She was wifey material.”
“It’s still not the same.”
“If it’s not, then it means you’re in love. Holy Shit my BFF is in love.” Jake teased him. At that moment Nissa walked on the bus. Travis’ wife had dropped her off.
“Hey baby, sorry it took me so long. I was having some issues with my account. Oh sorry didn’t know you had company.”
“It’s ok baby girl. I’m glad you are back. I want you to meet my boy, Jake Daimler.”
“Hi Jake, it’s so nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so many things about you.”
“I hope all bad…”He replied as he shook her hand and looked at her from head to toe. Nick slapped him in the back of the head.
“Make yourself at home. Whatever you need, don’t hesitate to ask.” Nick knowing how Jake was, and how he would take advantage of that welcome, had to clear that.
“Baby girl, it’s alright. He knows his way around. Don’t you, J?” Nick gave him the ‘I’m one step ahead of you’ look.
“Oh Ok. Well I’m going to go pay my bills. I’ll be in the back.” She kissed his lips. “I” she kissed him, “Missed”, another kiss, “You”. He smiled everytime her lips would touch his. She went to the back. And left the boys alone.
“Dude, now I see why you are so Gaga over her. She’s a smokin’.”
“Not only is she hot, she is amazing. The way she thinks. At her age she shouldn’t be so mature…”
“Yeah yeah yeah. Does she have a sister?”
“No and even if she did I wouldn’t introduce you guys.”
“Oh come on man!”
“Dude all you would do is fuck her, then dump her when she falls in love with you and break her heart. Making it awkward for Nissa and me.”
“You’re probably right. But wasn’t it your life long dream for us to bang sisters?”
“That was the old Nick.”
“You’re old now…” Nick shot him ‘a go to hell’ look.
“She doesn’t have a sister. Let it go.” Nick changed the subject. “So what do you want to do on your birthday?”
“Dude, I came out here for a change of pace. Every year I go out partying and I end up with the biggest hangover, a forgotten night and strange women in my bed. I wanted to have a relaxed birthday this year.”
“Oh is Jakey finally getting old?”
“Shut the fuck up, Carter. You got old a long time ago.”
“That’s not it. That life doesn’t appeal to me anymore.” Jake laughed.
“We could play a mean game of WOW. Kick some of your fans’ ass.”
“Really? I never thought I’d see the day…” Nick said as he was walking to the back of the bus to get his laptop. He walked into the back room. He found Nissa sitting in the middle of the bed. She was buried in bills. Her laptop in front of her. The moment Nick walked in, she looked up at him and grinned.
“Hey baby. What’s up?”
“Jake just almost gave me heart attack.” Nissa giggled as Nick grabbed his chest.
“How come?”
“He doesn’t want to party for his birthday.”
“How come?”
“He says he needed a change of pace.”
“Maybe he wants a new routine.”
“Yeah. So instead, he wants to play WOW.”
“That sounds like a plan. I have so many bills to pay. I don’t see the end of it.”
“You need help, Gummy Bear?”
“No baby. I got this. I’m just still trying to get use to doing this. Up until dad passed away, he was the one taking care of this.”
“I understand. If you need help, I can help.”
“Thank you, baby.” He leaned over and kissed her. “Text me if you need anything.”
“Ok” Nick went back to the front.
“Dude it’s about damn time. I was about to go back there and make a three-some.”
“We weren’t doing anything.”
“So how is she in bed?”
“That’s none of your business.”
“Really dude? You always gave a one word description. Just one word!!!!”
“I don’t know.”
“You don’t know if you want to tell me or what?”
“I don’t know how she is in bed.”
“What!!!!? You haven’t fucked her?”
“Nope.”
“Are you stupid or what? A girl like that, I would’ve….mmmmm. What the hell happened to the Nick I knew?”
“Look she’s special. I don’t want to rush her.”
“She’s probably thinking that you’re not attracted to her.”
“Jake, that’s bullshit and you know it. Since when are you an expert in women?”
“Come on man, if you were in her shoes, and she wasn’t giving you any, wouldn’t you feel like if she wasn’t attracted to you?”
“Yeah probably. But that’s not the case.”
“Are you even in love with her? Or is this one of your mid-life crises?” Nick thought about what Jake just asked him. He was in love with Nissa but he just didn’t know how or when to tell her that. He never thought he’d ever have to tell a girl that he loved her.

Nissa decided to take a break from the bills before she pulled all her hair out. She called Sophie.
“Hey girl, how’s the rockstar life?”
“I’m loving every minute of it. And Nick has been great in every way.”
“That’s good. How about the fans? How are they taking the situation?”
“Most of them are supporting us. They agree that Nick should already settle down. Which is funny because I don’t see it happening with me…”
“Why not?”
“I don’t know. I mean he’s been amazing, but I don’t know.”
“Let me guess? He hasn’t said he loves you.”
“No. And I totally get it. He’s been a bachelor for so long. He’s never gotten this close to a girl. That’s why I’m not pushing the issue like other girls would. I want him to do things on his own terms.”
“Have you guys slept together?”
“ Yeah.”
“Do you even know what I mean?”
“Oh you meant like sex. No we haven’t yet.”
“Why not?”
“I don’t know. I guess he doesn’t want any. And I don’t want to seem like a slut by initiating anything.”
“Nissa, are telling me that you are still a virgin?”
“Yes!”
“Ok, I’m going to give you an exercise. Because you need to get over that. He’s a man. And no man can go this long without sex. But first do you want to do this?”
“Yes. I want to show him that I love him. In every way.”
“Ok then. So tonight when he lays next to you. Sit on him. Lean forward and kiss him.”
“Kiss him where?” Nissa was getting nervous just talking about this.”
“Nissa, relax” She told Nissa after hearing panic in her voice. “Kiss his lips. Then trail your way to his neck, jaw line, ears, chest…well the possibilities are endless!”
“You’re right. I need to just relax.”
“You got this girl.”
“How are you and Joel?”
“We are good. Joel just got hired for an architectural firm.”
“Oh that’s great! And what have you been up to?”
“Same ol same ol. Working. Trying to get a promotion at the moment.”
“Oh, What’s the position going to be?”
“Well I will be going to be the CEO’s assistant.”
“Really? That is amazing. They are skipping you three positions.”
“Yes, It’s because they assigned this project and I was the only one to understand his vision.”
“I knew I liked that company. They actually listen to the little people.”
“Girl, I know and I’m glad they did. Otherwise I would’ve have been looking for a better job.”
“Exactly. I’m so happy for you and Joel. I miss you guys.”
“We miss you too.”
“Maybe Nick will let me fly you guys out.”
“That’d be cool. Let us know.”
“I will” They talked for a couple more minutes. Then Nissa went back to the bills. When she finished them it was almost 2 in the morning. She went out to the front to grab something quick to eat.
“Hey baby girl, what’s up?”
“Nothing, just came to get a snack. I just got done with the bills.”
“That’s really good. We are just finishing up this game then we are calling it quits”
“Ok baby boy.” She grabbed an apple. She then kissed him and went back to the back. Half an hour later Nick and Jake finished up the game and logged off. Jake laid down on the couch in the front of the bus. Nick went to his room in the back. Nissa was laying there watching a documentary on Sea Horses.
“Hey baby, did you know that the male sea horse is the one who carried the babies? Making it the only species that the male is pregnant.”
“No I didn’t. That’s a great fact.”
“Come here” She raised her arms at him. He laid on the bed with his head on her lap. She started running her fingers through his hair and rubbing his head. Nick always found that soothing. She leaned forward and kissed him. He looked up at her.
“What was that for?”
“For no reason at all except that I’m happy with you.”
“Oh really?” He sat up to be level with her. He returned the kiss.
“What was that for?”
“Oh nothing, except that I’m happy with you too.” She kissed him again, nibbling on his lip. She could tell he was really into it. Still kissing him, she got on her knees and wrapped her arms around his neck. He pulled her closer to him. She couldn’t get enough of him. She put her hands on either side of his face. “MMMMMM…Nissa” Nissa straddled him. She looked down into his eyes. She could see desire in them. That was her cue. She traced his jaw line with kisses and worked her way down to his neck. She nibbled on his neck. He moaned. He unfastened her bra snap. He pulled her shirt off and kissed her chest. He made his way down to her nipple, teasing her with his tongue. Then he kissed his way to her other tit and teased her nipple again. Nissa didn’t know how to take that new sensation. She giggled. “What’s the matter?”
“That’s a new feeling. It tickles but it feels good too.” Nick smiled.
“You’re beautiful. You know that?” Nissa smiled at him and kissed him. She then got off of him and took his shirt off. Pushing him back. She straddled him once more. She kissed his neck, making her way down to his Adam’s apple. She then worked her way down to his chest. Nick moaned. She continued her way down to his stomach. She could feel him tense up from excitement. She unbuckled his belt and unbuttoned his jeans. “Baby girl, we don’t have to do this if you are not ready.”
“I’m ready baby. I want to make love to you right now.” Nick moaned again. She pulled off his jeans and underwear. She began to stroke his dick. He wasn’t expecting that. The harder he got the more frisky she got with him. She surprised him by sticking him in her mouth. She teased his head with her tongue. She could tell he was dying of anticipation. His moans turned into quiet grunts. She sucked his dick until his legs were getting restless. He flipped her on her back. She giggled. He kissed her lips. She placed her hands in his hair as he kissed his way to her chest. He squeezed her tit while he sucked on her nipple. She tugged on his hair. He smiled while making eye contact with her. He had a devilish look in his eyes. He kissed his way down to her pelvic area. Nick pulled her shorts off. Leaving her boyshorts on.
“Mmmmmm baby, did you have this planned?”
“No.” She grinned. He kissed her pelvic area. She felt a chill. He kissed her pussy over her underwear. She inhaled then moaned. She couldn’t comprehend the intensity of this feeling. Nick was pleased to know that she was feeling good. “Baby boy stop teasing me.” She told him between breaths. He slipped her boyshorts off. Spread her legs apart. He teased her a little more by kissing on her pussy. She sighed out of pleasure. He began to eat her out. He stroke her clit with his tongue, sending her into a frenzy of mixed feelings and emotions. “Oooh Nick, that feels amazing!” She moaned loudly. She was still tugging at his hair. Nick knew that if he didn’t stop she would’ve cummed at any moment. So he stopped. He kissed his way back up to her chin. And kissed her lips.
“Mmmmm baby you taste so good.” That got Nissa wondering what she tasted like. But soon enough she pushed any thoughts like that out of her mind. Right now it was the moment. The moment that belonged to Nick and nothing else. She was so turned on, she couldn’t take no more of his teasing.
“Do you have a condom baby?” He took one out of his nightstand drawer. Nissa took it out of his hand and flipped him on his back. She took it out of it’s wrapper and slipped it on him. Nick watched every move Nissa made, exciting him even more. She slowly lowered herself on his dick. Nick feeling her tight pussy slipping on him, moaned.
“Oh wow baby.” When he was completely in her, she felt pain.
“That hurts a little.”
“It’s normal baby girl. Since it’s your first time. It’s just my penis stretching you. And don’t be surprised if you do bleed a little bit. It’s all normal. Now if it gets really uncomfortable let me know and we will stop.”
“Ok” The stinging stopped. Nissa began to ride him. Grinding on his dick. Nick placed his hands on her hips. She placed hers on his chest. Everytime he would hit the right spot she would dig her nails into his chest. Leaving scratch marks on him. He could feel her pussy walls swelling around his throbbing cock. His loud moaning turned into loud grunting. Nissa rode him faster. By the look on his face and the grip he had on her hips, she knew he was about to blow. He sat up and thrusted harder in her. She threw her arms over his shoulders and the more he thrusted, the harder it was for her to contain her hard breathing and moaning. She was scratching on his back. Leaving more marks. Nick thrusted one more time and that touched her special spot. “Oh, Oh my god. Niick, oh fuck…!” She shouted his name. She continued grinding on Nick. When she came back from all that intensified sensation, she leaned on Nick and whispered in his ear, “I love you!” and nibbled on it. That drove Nick crazy, and he blew. He grunted as he thrusted once more. He held on to her while he recuperated from the intense orgasm.
Nissa kissed him. She was still straddling him. Her arms around his neck. Nick was trying to catch his breath. She kept kissing his forehead, his cheeks, his lips, and his chin. She would nibble on his earlobes. He laid down. With Nissa still sitting on him. He was admiring her. He couldn’t believe that such an amazing girl would want to be with an old man like him. Let alone, make love to him that intensely. Nissa got off of him. She then took the condom off of him and cleaned him up. She laid next to him. Laying her head on his chest.
“How are you feeling?” He asked her as he kissed her head.
“I feel amazing. How about you?”
“You know, after all that, I don’t think I was your first.”
“Why do you say that?”
“Cuz damn baby, the things you did to me were in the advance chapter of the book of sex.” Nissa laughed.
“I promise you I was a virgin. You are my first and I’m glad it’s you.” They kissed. “I love you.” She whispered. He didn’t answer back. Nissa didn’t think anything of it. She fell asleep first.
“I love you too gummy bear. I just don’t know how to tell you. I guess I’m too chicken shit to do so. I will get there.” He fell asleep soon after.
Nissa woke up the next day. Nick wasn’t in bed. They had arrived at the next destination on the tour. Nick was sitting in the front of the bus with Jake and Travis.
“Good Morning guys.”
“Good Morning.” Travis and Jake said.
“Good Morning baby girl.” Nick stood up and kissed her.
“What’s going on?”
“Nothing. Just running through my day’s activity. And discussing the fact that the tour is almost over. And I want to work on a solo project.”
“That sounds great.” They had 3 more shows to do before the tour was over. Several nights later, Nick got on the bus after the show, Nissa noticed that he was melancholy.
“Hey baby, what’s wrong?”
“It’s nothing.”
“Are you sure? You are not yourself.” He was sitting on his couch at the front of the bus. He was watching a movie. But Nissa saw that there was no interest in the movie whatsoever. The bus was in motion. They hit a big bump and she fell in his lap. “Ha that’s exactly what I intended to do.” She laughed. “Now tell me what’s wrong?”
“Well we’ve been on tour for most of this year. Usually, I’m by myself, but this time you were here. I got used to having you here. Now when we go back home, you go back to Maine and I go back to Malibu…”
“Baby boy, we will manage. We have been that whole time you were prepping for the tour.”
“I know, I guess we will be ok.” The closer the last day of the tour got closer the angrier Nick was getting. He began to pick unnecessary fights with anyone who came in his path. Including Nissa! They had arrived at Malibu. They were cleaning out the bus.
“Nissa, your fucking shoes are in the way again.”
“I’m sorry, Nick.”
“I’ve told you so many damn times not to do that.”
“I’m sorry. It’s a good thing this tour is over, you won’t have to deal with me and my fucking shoes again huh!?” Deep down inside he wasn’t mad at her for that. He was taking his anger towards himself on her. He was frustrated because there was so much he wanted to tell her, but he was such a coward to tell her. So as usual he began to push her away. That was his defense mechanism. He looked at her as she was packing her things up and he could see a tear running down her cheek. He felt so bad, but he was so hard headed to do anything about it. They get everything done. Jake had Nick’s car waiting for him. All three of them got in. They rode in silence. Nick kept looking at Nissa in the rearview mirror. She was in the back seat, in deep thought. They headed straight to the airport. Her flight left in less than 2 hours. Once they arrived, Nick and Nissa got out. He grabbed her suitcase out of the trunk. He set it down. He immediately wrapped his arms around her.
“Gummy Bear, I’m gonna miss you so much.”
“You could’ve fooled me.” Nissa coldly replied.
“Nissa, I’m sorry. I just don’t know what’s wrong with me.”
“It’s no excuse for you to treat me like that.”
“I know.”
“Look I better go. I’ll call you when I get up there.”
“Ok baby.” He kissed her.
“I love you.” She said as she was walking away.
“I love you too baby girl.” He said after she walked through the doors. He got in the car. “God Damn it!” He punched the steering wheel. Jake looked at him in shock. He had never seen Nick act like that. “I fucked up really bad.”
“Ok she’ll probably get over it.”
“Jake it’s not that. I’ve been this way so long and then this girl comes along and makes me feel different. So because I’m so use to being the way I was, I can’t express to her my true feelings. Because of it, mistreated her and now she went back home. Mad at me!”
“Dude, calm down. If it’s meant to be everything will work itself out.”
“You’re probably right.” Although Jake was right for the first time in his life. Nick still felt panic running through him. For the first time in his life he had a positive motivation. He dropped Jake at his place. Nick headed out to the Sports Bar and Grill near his place. He grabbed some lunch.
“What’s on your mind, Nick?” Asked the bartender.
“Nothing, just girl trouble.”
“She must be really special.”
“How do you know?”
“Because in the time I’ve known you, I’ve never seen you like this.”
“You’re right. She is very special. We’ve known each other for almost 7 years. We just got serious about a year ago. And I still haven’t been able to tell her how I feel.”
“You better before it’s too late.”
“I know. I just have to grow some balls.”
Nissa arrived in Maine. She was sad at how they said goodbye. But she knew life went on. She called Nick.
“Hello?” He answered.
“Hey, I’m just calling to let you know that I arrived safely. I’m already home.”
“Ok baby girl. I miss you already.”
“I miss you too.”
“Baby are you still mad at me?”
“No, I’m just really disappointed with you. I don’t know what caused you to act like a dick, but it was not cool.”
“I know baby, and I’m sorry.”
“It’s OK. Just know that I truly love you and if you will take me, I’m here for the long haul.”
“OK good.” They hung up and Nissa made her way home. As she was getting out of the cab she was bombarded by paparazzi once more.
“Nissa, is it true that you married Nick in a secret ceremony?”
“What are you people talking about?”
“Was it because you are pregnant?”
“Where are you getting all this? No I didn’t marry Nick and NO I’m not pregnant.”
“Are you at least engaged to him?”
“No!”
“Nissa, why all the secrecy? Don’t you think that the fans need to know?”
“There’s nothing going on. Nick and I are dating. Nothing more.” She finally got in the house. Felt an empty house. She was so use to arriving somewhere and there was Nick or anyone else. She felt alone. She wanted to call him but she was being hard headed. She decided she was gonna take a nap and then unpack her stuff.
Nick made it home with Nacho. To an empty house as well. He was used to being received by Nissa. He began to miss her like crazy. He then got a phone call from AJ.
“Hey man, what’s up?”
“Not much, just got home from dropping Nissa at the airport.”
“What are you up to?”
“Not much.”
“You have any plans for tonight?”
“Not really.”
“Good then we can go grab a bite and chill. Rochelle is still at her sister’s with Ava.”
“Yeah that sounds like a plan. I’ll meet you at Kanpai.”
“OK see you then.” Nick looked at Nacho and noticed that he seemed sad.
“What’s the matter boy?” Nacho moaned and laid his head on a plush burger that Nissa had bought him. “I know. I miss her too. And the longer we are apart, I don’t know…” Nacho perked up. To his understanding, Nick was finally gonna admit what he wanted. Nick walked away. Nacho whimpered in disappointment. Nick came back to Nacho, with his phone. He snapped a picture of him with the burger and put it on Instagram. Captioning it ‘He misses Nissa.’ Several hours later he got ready and headed out to meet up with AJ. He got there at the same time as AJ.
“Hey man.”
“What’s up?”
“Not much. I love this place.” AJ said as they were seated.
“Yeah they have pretty good Sushi.”
“So what do you think they have in store for us after the Reunion Tour?”
“HA! Another Reunion tour in 10 years.” They laughed. “So when are Ro and Ava coming back?”
“They should be back tomorrow morning.”
“That’s good.” Nick was trying to not talk about Nissa at the moment, so he kept his answers short and sweet.
“When is Nissa coming to Cali?”
“I don’t know man. She’s mad at me right now.”
“How come?”
“I’m just frustrated because, I’m feeling things that I never thought I would feel. And I’m a pussy. I can’t find the words or moment to tell her exactly how I feel.”
“Sometimes you need to just tell her. Don’t think about it. Just spit it out, no matter how it comes out. Has she told you that she loves you?”
“Yes she has and I stayed quiet. I feel that I love her, but I’m too scared to tell her.”
“Then show her how you feel.”
“I showed her how I felt and I mistreated her. I feel like a monster. I was sad that the tour was over and she had to go home and I had to go home, so instead of dealing with it, that last week of the tour I was angry. I mistreated several people including her. I told her I was sorry but she’s still upset at me.”
“Give her some room. She’ll come around.”
“I hope so, because I would hate to lose her.” They ate and chatted it up. But the whole time he was there, Nick’s heart was in Maine. He wanted to call her but he refrained from doing it. He went on for the next weeks. They would talk on the phone. She was warming up to him again. She was having Nick withdrawals. Just as he was having Nissa withdrawals. There were rumors going around that they had broken up. Neither one addressed the issue. She decided to write a book about her mother. About being her daughter and the events after her death. And just as she was getting into writing the storyboard, her phone rang.
“Hello”
“Hello, may I please speak to Nissa Sohma?”
“You are speaking with her.”
“Hi, my name is Carlos. I’m Jazmine Sohma’s publicist.”
“Carlos hey, How are you? How have you been?It’s been a very long time”
“You remember me?”
“Yes. I might have been really young but I remember you.”
“I’m glad you do. Anyway to the task at hand.”
“What’s up”
“Well I was contacted by The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. They are inducting your mother into the Walk of Fame. Now they wanted to know if you would go to accept it.”
“Of course I would. It’s a very important moment in her career.”
“Oh that’s great. So I can call them back immediately. I’ll keep you posted on the event.”
“Good. By the way, I’m glad that you called because I’m planning to write a book and I’m new to all this. So I need help.”
“Yeah I can help you with that. First we need to call your mother’s publisher because they knew you’d someday write a book and they showed interest in you.”
“Wow that’s cool. I can give them a call. Do you have the number of the person I need to contact?”
“Yes I do.” Carlos gave her the number and Nissa called up her mother’s publisher.
“Hi, I need to speak to Wayne Irving.”
“He is in a meeting right now. May I take a message?”
“Yes can you tell him that Nissa Sohma, Jazmine Sohma’s daughter called?”
“Of course. Is there a number he can reach you?” Nissa gave the receptionist her number. As soon as she hung up with them, Carlos called her back.
“Hey Nissa, the event is gonna take place in one week. So you need to prepare a speech and get yourself to Hollywood.”
“OK then. Are you going to be there?”
“Yes I am. But first I have to promote the event for the fans. Also I must tell you that this will create more media attention for you so you need to prepare yourself to be stalked, followed, photographed, etc.”
“Alright. I’ll be fine.”
“If you have any questions, doubts, or anything don’t hesitate to call me.” He gave her his cell number. “That’s my cell number. See you then.”
“Thank you… Bye.” She immediately called Nick.
“Hey baby girl. What’s up?”
“Not much. Just got the most awesomest news in the whole world.” Nick giggled. He knew it was excellent news if she was saying ‘awesomest’.
“Oh yeah? And what are the most ‘awesomest’ news in the world?”
“Mom is getting a star on the Walk of Fame. And they want me to go accept it for her.”
“Oh that’s great news. I’m so happy for both of you. When is it happening?”
“At the end of this week.”
“So does that mean that you are coming to visit me too?”
“Wouldn’t miss it for the world. I miss you so much.”
“Oh really?”
“Yes.”
“I miss you a lot. Can’t wait to have you here.”
“The ceremony is not till next Monday so I won’t be flying in till Saturday. I have to write a speech and if I go now, I will be really distracted.”
“Oh yeah? What is the reason?”
“I’ve never been to California. And all the places that I want to visit are too many?”
“So a handsome tall blonde Backstreet Boy is not the reason for your lack of concentration!!!? Nissa, that hurts!” He could hear Nissa giggling.
“He doesn’t help that’s for sure.”
“Ok I’ll accept that reply.”
“You better” She giggled some more. “I honestly can’t wait to see you.”
“Me either baby girl.” They hung up. That whole week Nissa was struggling to find the words that she needed for the speech. No matter what she did or where she’d go, she couldn’t find inspiration. Realizing that the day was getting closer she decided head back to Springfield. Hoping she’d find the inspiration she was seeking. She got to Springfield. She then headed to her parents gravesite. She wanted to leave flowers. It had been almost year since she was there. She put the flowers down and sat between them.
“Hey mom and dad. A lot has happened since I last saw you. Eric went off to run the company he works for overseas. Norma moved to Dallas with Patsy. Backstreet Boys made a reunion album and went on a tour for it. I went along with Nick and I had the best time in the world. We got to know each other a little more. We are still getting to know each other. And working the long distance relationship. At the end of the week I get to fly out there. It’s all because mom, you are finally getting a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame. So they have asked me to accept it for you. I also have to give a speech. But I don’t have any inspiration for the perfect words. That’s why a couple of days shy of the ceremony; I came down looking for inspiration. I will make you proud. I promise you that.” She sat there for several hours. She typed away at her laptop. She was so inspired that she lost track of time. The sun was hitting her in the face when she realized that it was almost sundown. She checked her phone to see what time it was and saw that she had several text messages from Nick. She called him up.
“Hey baby,”
“Hey Gummy Bear, I was getting worried about you. It’s not like you not answer for that long.”
“I’m sorry, I’m in springfield. I’m sitting here with mom and dad. And I lost track of time.”
“Are you alright?”
“I’m fine. I just didn’t have inspiration to write the speech so I came to see them. I’m actually almost done.”
“Really?”
“Yeah”
“That’s really good.”
“So it looks like I’ll be flying in tomorrow morning.”
“Great, I can’t wait to have you in my arms!” Nissa giggled. She couldn’t wait to be near him either. She got in her car and headed back to Maine. She would have been getting there around midnight.
“Alright baby I’m gonna let you go. I’m headed back to Maine.”
“This late? Nissa, please get some rest. You can drive back tomorrow.”
“I’m fine. I’ve drank 3 RedBulls. I’ll be wired enough.”
“Nissa, I’m begging you. Don’t drive please. Rent a hotel room and get some sleep. You can fly in tomorrow night. You have time.”
“I know baby. I’ll be fine.” Hesitantly he hung up with her. Nissa headed to Maine. 2 Hours later she noticed that she was kind of drowsy. The 3 RedBulls she had downed were not affecting her anymore. She blasted some music and it seemed to be helping. All of the sudden she fell completely asleep. The car swerved to the left and it fell into a ditch, crashing sideways into a tree. Nissa hit her head with the window breaking it. The seatbelt had stopped her from going out the windshield. She was unconscious. Several drivers that were driving behind her had stopped to help. The car was smoking heavily, they knew if they didn’t get her out she was gonna be lost in a fire. They called 911 to report the accident. The state patrol and firefighters responded immediately. They fought against time to get her out but she was in a unreachable position. Until one of the fire fighters decided to get in through the passenger side and cut her seatbelt. With the help of the others they were able to pull her out. She was still not responding. By the time she was pulled out the ambulance had arrived. She was immediately transported to the nearest hospital. All that time Nick was sitting in his living room with the worst feeling he could ever have. He called her several times because he knew she should have been home. She wouldn’t answer. All he could do is wait for her call. And just when he was about to call the Friendship police department, his phone rang…