- Text Size +
Nick woke up in his bed the following morning. He was confused. Turned out he was dreaming. He then realized that it was his subconscious telling him that his bad boy side needs to or is going to come out soon. He did have a massive headache though. His phone rang breaking him out of thought.
“Good morning, baby. What are you up to?”
“Morning. I just got out of bed. And I have a migraine.”
“That explains why you slept in. But did you really sleep?”
“Of course I did!” He answered aggressively. “What the hell do you think I was doing?” Nissa could tell she had upset him.
“I asked because some people, even if they are laying down and asleep, may not be completely shut down. A lot of them just toss and turn, not sleeping well.” Nissa calmly explained. Nick realized that he was being paranoid. “Are you still there baby?”
“Yes I am.” He needed to snap out of it. He needed to find out what the hell happened the night before. Because what he thought was a dream seemed real. And before he hurt Nissa, he needed to do damage control. “Baby, I'm gonna let you go. My head is pounding. I want to eat something so I can take meds for it.”
“Ok my love, call me later…I love you.”
“I love you too, Gummy Bear.” He pushed the End call button. He sat in the breakfast nook, waiting for his coffee to brew. He was thinking that normally when he slept with a girl, all he dealt with was a hang over. But this time he was dealing with a hang over, guilt, and disgust. He wasn't liking this. The only way to find out what the hell happened that night was to call Jake. He was the only one that could tell him what had happened.
“Hello?”
“Dude tell me what the fuck happened last night.”
“We went to the club, had wings, and drinks. You danced with Julie. Hung out with her the whole time we were there. Then I hailed a cab and you were dropped off first, then I was.”
“So I didn't sneak off with Julie and screw her?”
“No man. You were with me the whole time. We knew where we both were at all times.” Nick sighed out of relief.
“Good. I thought I fucked up.”
"You were drinking heavily. That's for sure."

3 years passed. Nick kept dealing with the monsters in his closet. Trying very hard to be the best that he could. Not only for Nissa, but for himself too. They took turns flying back and forth to visit. Nick had become a regular in Friendship, Maine. The town people were as protective of him as they were of Nissa. When he wasn't with Nissa he would be touring the USA, promoting his latest solo album.
Nissa was due in California that day. Nick was gonna perform at the MTV Music Awards. He asked her to come with him. The award show was the next day. He was also planning something amazing for her birthday, which was also that weekend. When Nissa arrived she took a cab to Nick's house. He was at sound check so he couldn't meet her.
"Hey Nacho, what are you up to?" his ears perked up. "You want to go for a walk?" He raced to the door, then back to Nissa. He was excited. Nissa grabbed her phone and keys. She opened the door. Nacho shot out and ran to the water. "You're exactly like your daddy. Water babies." She loved that dog. He had been with Nick almost 20 years. He was spunky and so full of life. Nacho was Nick's prized possession. Once she saw that Nacho was out of the water and walking beside her, she texted Nick letting him know that she was at the house.
Nick ran through the medley of songs he was gonna perform. They were songs from all 6 of his solo albums. He heard his phone go off. He read it and grinned.
"Why are you grinning?" Asked Luke, his bodyguard.
"Nissa's at my house already."
"That's a good reason to grin. How is she?"
"She's doing well. I'm really happy she came out for this. I mean it's no award, but it's about time I show her off."
"Yes. You guys have been together for 5 years. And have known each other way longer. I don't even know why you haven't put a ring on it." Nick took a sip of his water. What Luke had said got him thinking. From that moment on, all he could think about was getting home to Nissa. But he had another run through of his performance to do. The minute they finished running through the set list, he headed out.
"Alright, I'm going home." He informed Luke.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do."
"If I did, I would have blue balls." He teased Luke.
"For your information, I get laid, fucker. I just don't kiss and tell."
"If that's what you want to tell yourself." Nick got in his car, while still laughing at Luke. All he could think about was how much he missed her and how much he wanted to kiss her. When he got to his beach house, he was greeted by an excited Nacho and loud heavy metal. He grinned from ear to ear. He could get used to that. He knew exactly where he would find her. He walked into the living room and found her laying on a lawn chair in the balcony with an Amoretto Sour in her hand. Nick owned a beach house in Malibu. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean. His living room had impressive windows that ran from the ceiling to the floor. Including sliding doors that led out to his balcony. He sneaked behind her and covered her eyes. "Guess who?" She gasped in surprise. She then grinned, setting her drink down and jumping out of the chair.
"Hi baby!" She kissed him and threw her arms around his neck.
"Hey gummy bear, how are you?"
"I'm good. How was rehearsal?"
"It was very successful. Luke says hi by the way."
"Awwww. He's such an awesome guy. So does that mean that you are ready for tomorrow?"
"Yes I am. I just can't wait to walk the red carpet with you by my side."
"Oh yeah?" She said, hugging his waist.
"Yeah" he kissed her nose.
"Why’s that?"
"Because I get to show off the woman that makes me so happy."
"Aww baby!" She blushed as he kissed her hands. She stood on her tippy toes to kiss him. He towered over her and that was the only way she could reach him. The light fall breeze blew through her hair. Nick could smell her body spray. The same scent she left in his bed every time she went home. "So I booked us a hotel suite at the Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey for the weekend."
"Great! It's closer than traveling back and forth."
"Have you picked your outfit?"
"No not really. I thought we'd go in a matching outfit."
"Oh you mean like Justin and Britney that one time?"
"Yeah" he laughed.
"I don't think that's a good idea."
"Ok. I'll get something together before I take a shower."
"And while you do that I'll make you something to eat."
"No baby, you should join me."
"Nicky, you have to eat. Only God knows when you ate last."
"Baby cakes. I'm not hungry for food." He licked his lips. Nissa couldn't believe that he called her that.
"Alright, baby cakes..." She said sarcastically, "What are you hungry for?"
"You, of course." He said very proud.
"You are tempting me, but you know I can't. You must eat. Go pick your outfit and take a shower."
"Yes ma'am!" She threw a pillow at him. "I love it when you tell me what to do."
"GO!" He walked away laughing and shaking his head. Nissa headed to the kitchen and looked in the fridge. She found everything to make him a salad. She threw it together and put it in the fridge. She went upstairs to see what he was up to. She found that he was in the shower and that he had laid out his outfit on the bed. He had chosen his 'Go To' black suit. The one he wore when they got their star on the Walk of Fame. She took that time to get everything she needed ready. She got her dress out of her suitcase and hung it on the closet door. She didn't notice Nick standing at the bathroom door, with only his white towel wrapped around his waist. His hair all wet and slicked back. "Wow baby." Nissa couldn't help but stare at him and enjoy everything about him. He didn't have a six pack or wasn't muscle ripped, but to Nissa he looked amazing. He grinned. Reacting to her comment.
"So what do you think about the suit?"
"I think it's too formal for the VMA's."
"Sorry. Someone else always dressed me."
"It's alright. How about we use this dark grey jacket, with this hunter green shirt?"
"Yes! That's still dressy but not 'Black Tie' dressy. You're a genius!!" Nissa smiled. She felt very proud that he approved. "What are you wearing?"
"It's a surprise."
"Oh come on."
"You're gonna have to wait. I promise that we are not making the worst dressed list."
"No we are making it on best dressed list." Nick got dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt. He ate his salad. Then he got a bag ready. They were ready in no time. Once they got done. They loaded everything in his car. Nissa, Nick, and Nacho got in the car. They made the 30 minute drive from Malibu to Marina del Rey. They arrived at the Ritz-Carlton. Nick left Nissa at the door and he went to park the car. Nissa was waiting for him in the lobby, when she was approached by a couple of fans.
"Hey Nissa, how are you?"
"I'm great. How about you guys?"
"We are good, now that we found you." Nissa smiled. She hugged them. "Can you sign this picture please?"
"Of course I can." Nissa signed the picture and took some selfies with them. Just then the doors opened and in walked Nick and Nacho right next to him. Nissa glanced up and it was like an angel had walked in. She could feel her knees getting weak. She didn't know what it was about that man that made her melt into a puddle. He walked to Nissa and the couple that were with Nissa.
"Hey." He grinned at them. The guy that was with the girl happened to be her boyfriend, shook his hand.
"Hey Nick. You have no idea how long she's been waiting for this moment."
"OH?" He turned to the girl. "Come here." He pulled her into a tight embrace. "What's your name sweetheart?"
"Lacey."
"Well Lacey, tonight is the night." He took her phone and snapped a bunch of selfies. Then Nissa took her phone and snapped a couple of pictures of them. She saw how happy that girl was to have both her favorite men in the same place.
"David can you take a picture of me with Nick and Nissa?" He took the camera and snapped some pictures. Nissa felt honored that she would want to include her too. "Thank you guys so much. I will leave you alone now. Have fun tomorrow!"
"Thank you, sweetie." The couple hugged Nick and Nissa and left the hotel. Nick and Nissa made their way to the reception desk.
"Hi. I have a reservation for Starry and Knight." Nick looked at her with a curiosity as to why she chose those names.
"Yes Ms. Starry. It was for the Lovers Suite." The young man at the desk smiled. Nissa wondered what was going through his mind. "Here are your keys. Any special instructions?"
"No, thank you."
"Actually yes...We would like to not be disturbed unless we ask for something." Nick said.
"Alright, Mr. Knight. I have made a note in your file."
"Thank you." Nick winked at the young man. They made their way to the elevator. Nacho hesitated in getting in. "Come on Nacho! Get in here." He paced forward. When he got to the elevator he turned around and barked as if to say 'Nope'. "Get in here, scaredy cat." Nacho looked at Nick like he was stupid. Nissa laughed.
"Come on boy!" Nissa told him. He quietly barked, and ran into the elevator. The doors shut behind him. Nick laughed.
"Great! I've lost you to her too?" Nacho looked at him with 'Do you blame me?' in his eyes. "No I don't blame you. She's got me too." Nick looked at Nissa. She was giggling the whole time. He put his arm around her waist and pulled her into him. She looked him in his eyes, then she looked down at his lips, then back in his eyes.
"You guys are pretty great too." She laughed. Nick kissed her gently at first, then the kiss got more intense. She parted her lips and let out a soft moan. Nick bit her bottom lip.
"MMMMMMM, Mr. Knight you are very lustful at the moment." Nick smiled.
"By the way, what's with the names?"
"When I was younger I dreamed of having two sea horses of my own. A male and a female. And their names were gonna be Starry for the female and Knight for the Male." He smiled again.
"You are silly, Gummy Bear." He pulled her close again and kissed the temple of her head. Nissa shut her eyes as he kissed her, embracing the moment. But she couldn't get enough of him. She turned her head to face him. He looked at her lips. She pushed herself upon her tippy toes and kissed him. But this time she bit his lip instead. He dropped the small suitcase he had in his left hand on the floor and it fell on Nacho's head. Nacho yelped and moved closer to the door. Nick then put his hand on her butt cheek, giving it a squeeze, as he lifted her up. She immediately wrapped her legs around his waist. She thought she felt him getting tight down there. She threw her arms around his neck and ran her fingers through his hair. Nick pushed her against the wall, kissing her. She could definitely feel he was hard for her. She could tell he was very turned on and he wanted to take her right then and there. He moved his lips to her jaw line, nibbling his way to her neck. He got more aggressive as he kissed her neck. She moaned in pleasure. That drove him up the wall and his kissing got intense. She kept moaning. He could feel her chest on his as she breathed hard. He lost it. He bit her neck hard and sucked on the skin that he had between his teeth.
"Slow...Down...Ohh...Rockstar..." She moaned between words. Nick released her flesh and licked his lips. Nissa stared in his eyes and all she could see was desire. But before they could go at again, the elevator dinged and the doors opened. Waiting to get on was a couple that looked like they were in their 50's looking back at them. The woman seemed to be appalled, but her husband looked at Nissa and then at Nick. Nissa got off Nick. Nick immediately grabbed the bag and covered himself up. Nissa was embarrassed. She wiped her bottom lip with her thumb and put her head down. As they were making their way out, the old man looked at Nick and winked in approval. His wife saw that and back handed him in the arm as they got on the elevator.
"What the hell was that? Are you going through your midlife crisis? You want a young girl?" Nick and Nissa could hear the wife yelling at the old man. Nissa giggled.
"That is so crazy. He didn't do anything for her to react that way."
"Actually baby girl, he winked at me and she saw him."
"Why did he wink at you?"
"In approval."
"Of What?" Nissa asked still not understanding the glimpse of guy lingo Nick was sharing with her.
"An old man like me having a beautiful young girl like you all to myself."
"Oh?"
"Look baby, he wasn't that much older than me and he was happy to see me, a 40 something year old man with a baby like you."
"Is that a good thing?"
"Yes my love. There's nothing wrong with that." He inserted the key into the door of their suite. Nacho made his way in like he was the king. Nick motioned for her to go in before him. With his free hand, he slapped her ass when she walked by him.
"Wow, this is nice."
"Get used to this baby girl, because when you are with me, this is what you will get. The best." Nick stole a kiss from her. Nissa jumped in the bed.
"Ooooh this bed is so comfortable. It's like sleeping on a cloud. "Nick smiled. Nissa got out of bed and put everything in its place. Nick took his flip flops and shirt off, leaving his sweatpants on. He lay down in the bed. Nissa set up a water and food bowl for Nacho. She combed and braided her hair. Nick watched her every move like a hawk about to pounce on his prey. She finally lay next to him. She laid her head on his chest and he wrapped the arm she was laying on around her waist. She traced his lips with her index finger and every so often he would part his lips and capture her finger with them. Nissa would giggle and he would kiss her brow.
"MMMMmmm" Nissa would moan and snuggle against him. "I love you, Nick Carter." She whispered in his ear."
"I love you too, Gummy Bear." He told her as she drifted into sleep. "More than words can express." Nick was feeling butterflies in his stomach. It was exactly how he felt when he performed with the boys at their first huge venue. He fell asleep feeling hopeful for his future.
Nick could feel Nissa twitching in her sleep. He pulled her into an embrace. She stopped twitching and slept all night.
Nissa woke up to the sounds of people on the beach. She opened her eyes and noticed that Nick wasn't anywhere in sight. She checked her phone and saw it was 10 am. She got up and checked up on Nacho who had been sleeping at their feet when she fell asleep. He was laying on the balcony overlooking the beach catching some rays.
"You, my dear Nacho are definitely just like your daddy. Water and sun." He perked up his ears when he heard Nissa. "Talking about your daddy, do you have any idea where he is?" Nacho laid his head on his paws. "Ok then keep his secret. I'll find out eventually." Nissa went to make some coffee when she heard the beep of the door unlocking. She looked from the little kitchen area towards the door and in walked Nick. His hair soaked and slicked back.
"Good morning Gummy Bear." He sat down his towel on a chair, taking her breath away with a kiss.
"Morning my love."
"God Nissa, you make me feel alive." He picked her up by the waist and spun her around, then he sat her down. Nissa was shocked at the way he was acting.
"Are you alright?"
"Yes. I just love you so much." He kissed her again. "I'm gonna take a shower. I went for a swim and I stink of chlorine. Wanna join me?"
"Let me think about it....." Nissa teased him. "I can't. I'm on dog sitting duty."
"That's bullshit and you know it. Pwease, pwease, pwetty pwease join me in the shower and then we can order brunch." He pouted his lips. Nissa couldn't help giggling.
"Oh alright. I'll be there in a second."
"I'll be waiting." He said as he licked his lips. Nick got in the shower. Nissa grabbed some clothes and made her way in the bathroom to find an already soaked Nick Carter. He looked absolutely sexy.
"What took you so long?"
"It did not take me that long."
"I know but it felt like an eternity."
"You exaggerate so much." Nick smiled. He grabbed her ass and pulled her close. She wrapped her arms around his waist. The water ran down against their skin. Nissa felt good. She felt safe. She didn't want to get out of the shower and deal with the world that day. She looked up at him as the water drops dripped down his face. She was so in love with this man. His lips curved when he caught her eyes and he bent his head so his mouth could capture hers. She closed her eyes as she felt the kiss warming up her body. Her arms wrapped around him and she felt him gently press her against the wall of the shower. Their lips didn't part once and she felt him against her. His hand crept to her leg, gently lifting it. Her breathing became heavy and she felt him find his way inside her. She moaned gently, biting his lip softly. She let go of his lip. He looked at her with desire. He then kissed the spot on her neck that turned her on. She held him tighter and closer to her body. He could feel how tight she was. It felt good to him. He thrusted, gently at first. But as Nissa kissed his lips, and his face, he could sense her desperation for him. He went in her fast. She wanted him so bad. She scratched his back. She didn't realize how deep her scratches on his back were until hot water hit them and he winced from pain. But he was so into Nissa that he didn't care, if anything, he was turned on even more. She moaned his name. Hearing that was the final blow to him. He loved hearing her saying his name. He came hard. Nissa was so close. He thrusted his finger in her and she let out a moan.
"You like that?" he whispered in her ear.
"MMMmmm yes." She said, breathing so hard. He put his thumb on her throbbing clit. "Oh God Nick." He simultaneously hit her swollen G-spot with his finger, and rubbed her clit with his thumb. He could feel her walls tightening around his finger. He knew she wasn't gonna last any longer. He bit her neck and shoulder, sending chills down her spine. All her senses where heightened so much that the hot water running down on them felt amazing. He thrusted one last time and she went straight into a world of ecstasy. She could feel her knees get week. He sensed her weakness and he pressed his body against her so that he could hold her up. She leaned her head back on the shower wall. He kissed her jaw line as she came down from that world he had sent her to. Once she was fully grounded, she kissed his lips passionately.
"Damn baby. Round two?" She smiled and giggled.
"How bout we do what we were supposed to do in the shower?" He smirked.
"Oh alright." They showered. Nick got out first. As soon as he walked out of the bathroom, Nacho greeted him with Nick's cell phone in his mouth. "What is it, Boy?" He had a missed called and a voice mail. Nick checked the voice mail.
"Hello Mr. Carter. This is Alfonso. I just wanted to let you know that we have located what you requested and it is on it's way here. If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call me. Thank you." Nick was very excited to hear that message. Nissa opened the bathroom door and saw him grinning.
"What are you grinning about?"
"Nothing, baby girl. I'm just extremely happy." She smiled at him as he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her.
"What time is it?"
"Time to eat! I'm starving!"
"I hope not for me this time. Because I can't keep you nourished."
"What if I'm a vampire? I really can't get enough of you."
"Mr. Carter, you're killing me here. If you were a vampire, you'd be biting me every chance you get."
"Don't tempt me, Ms. Sohma." He pulled her to him by her waist and stole another kiss.
"Go ahead." She teased by leaning her head to the side, exposing her neck. He nibbled her spot. She had put her hand on his shoulder. And as he nibbled he could feel her gently scratching at his shoulder. He began to suck on her skin. Driving her up the wall. "You were right when you said that you can't get enough of me. Her ticklish senses kicked in and she jerked away, giggling.
"What?"
"You were tickling me." Nick grinned.
"Come on. Let's order room service. What would you like?"
"See if you can get them to make me a big ol' burger with cheese, bacon, and egg and lots of ketchup."
"Ok gummy bear." Nick went off to the phone while Nissa got dressed. "Babe, what do you want to drink?"
"Coke please." She walked over to the balcony and opened the curtains. The view was breathtaking. Sun was shining and everyone was at the beach. She stepped out on the balcony. There was a light late summer breeze. It was strange because it was the beginning of September. She was in deep thought when Nick snuck behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. She put her hands on his arms, embracing him.
"What's on your mind?" he asked her.
"Nothing. Just that when I went to see your concert, I never thought I'd be here with you."
"Why not?"
"I was just a fan. At the time it was known that you prefered to not date fans."
"But you're not just a fan. There's something about you. I can't put my finger on it." They hear a knock on the door. "It's chow time." He went to get the food. Tipping the man that brought up their brunch. He brought it out to the balcony. They sat down. Nissa inspected her burger. Then she started to cry. Nick was shocked to see her react that way. "What's the matter, baby?"
"It's so perfect!"
"What? The burger?" He chuckled.
"No. This. Us. What we have." He started laughing so hard that a girl at the pool beneath them heard him and looked up at the top floor. "Carter, that's not funny." Nissa told him with a frown on her face.
"Oh baby, it's ok." He couldn't stop laughing. "I thought you were amazed by your burger. I mean it looks amazing. But not worth your tears." He grabbed her hand and kissed it.
"Shut up!" She hit his arm. They resumed with their meal. Nick stared at her. He admired how she carefully laid her seasoned curly fries, then she doused them in ketchup. Nissa caught him staring.
"What baby? Are you ok?"
"Yeah. I'm ok. I just love you so much."
"I love you too." She grinned. They finished eating. Nick sat there a little longer. Nissa went back inside. She dumped all her makeup box content on the floor by the bed. She sat there rummaging through it trying to choose what she needed for her spectacular look. Nick sat on the bed by her.
"Gummy Bear, don't worry about all that. I'm treating you to a whole day of Spa treatment. Then you're gonna get your hair and makeup done by a stylist that's taken care of many celebrities. And all this is gonna happen while I'm at sound check.
"Baby. No. You don't have to do that."
"It's alright. You took care of the suite. I'll take care of that.
"That's very sweet of you, baby. I'll take it. But only to distract myself from being apart from you." Nick's heart just melted. He smiled. Nissa picked up all her makeup and put it back into her makeup box. They headed out. Once they got there, Nick walked her inside.
"Hi. I have a reservation for Carter."
"Yes, Mr. Carter. Everything is ready. Follow me Ms. Sohma." Nissa kissed Nick and then followed the girl. When they entered the massaging room, Nissa saw Sophie was there.
"Eeeeepp!!!!" Nissa and Sophie squealed as they hugged and jumped up and down. "What are you doing here?"
"Nick called me this morning and told me to get on the first flight. He wanted to surprise you. He felt bad that you'd be alone for almost the whole day."
"That's too sweet of him. I'm glad he did it. And I'm glad that you are here. I've missed you so much." Two guys came in.
"Alright, ladies. It's time for your massages. I am Josue, and this is George my partner in crime. We will be the ones giving you your massages. Please remove all items of clothes. Use these towels to cover your privates. Please lay on your stomach once you have removed your clothes." Nissa and Sophie did what they were told. Once the guys began their routine massages, they continued their convo.
"How's Joel?"
"He's doing good. He's making good money with his job. He's doing so good that he bought me a house out on the beach. It's a big ol palace of a house. He's never been happier."
"I'm so glad to hear all that. I'm really happy for you two."
"What about you? How are you and Nick doing?"
"We are good. I'm so happy with him. Last time I was this happy was before dad started traveling to Dallas."
"Really? That's great."
"It’s so bad that I never want to go back home. But I know he needs his space. You know?"
"Yeah. I understand. And it only gets better. Once you move in it's amazing."
"Yeah I would think so too. It's just that Nick has been a bachelor for so long that I don't think he'd do well being tied down to me."
"You'd be surprised. Remember when Joel use to say that he wouldn't date a girl because she would take time away from his video games."
"Yeah."
"He changed that way of thinking. He says that with me he saw that there was more to life than video games."
"That's true. So when's the wedding?"
"I don't think he's even thought about it."
"That's too bad. I can't wait to help you plan it." Josue and George got done with their massages. Sophie and Nissa felt brand new.
"Go ahead and put these robes on. George will be escorting you to hair and makeup." Shortly after, they were making their way to hair and makeup. Nissa was thinking about Nick. She was missing him so much. And she was wondering how he was doing.

In the middle of sound check, he decided to sing his solo version of Unmistakable. He was thinking about how when they recorded that song, he had Nissa dreamed up. All this time and he still couldn't believe that he had her in his life. He snapped out of it when Luke stopped a fan from climbing on stage. The fan had snuck in to sound check. The music stopped. Nick looked at Luke and the fan. And he motioned with his hand for Luke to let the fan on stage. The fan walked to Nick. Nick shook his hand. "Hey Tom, what's up?"
"Hey Nick. You remembered my name?"
"Yes. You sent me that magnificent drawing of me. I recognize you from the picture of you that was included in the package." Tom began to get misty eyed. Nick hugged him. "Aww man, what is it?"
"It's just that I never thought I'd ever meet you. You've inspired me to stay in the right path of life. Everyone thought that I would not stop doing drugs. I did. And it was you who inspired me. When I was in school, before I dropped out, I use to doodle on everything. And it always made me feel better. I went back to school and got my GED. Like you did and then I continued to the community college. There I took Art. And I'm doing what I love. That drawing was a thank you for being a role model for this stranger. You gave me hope."
"I'm so glad I made that positive impact on you. I'm very proud of you!
"I'm sorry I ambushed you. But it's an honor to meet you finally."
"It's alright man. Say, are you busy tonight?"
"No I'm not. I was gonna come here and take my chance. I cleared my schedule because I knew I'd be in jail for the night."
"I want you to be my +2."
"What?!!"
"I want you to be my guest and join my girlfriend and me at the show."
"Oh that would be an honor."
"OK so it's settled. I'm done with rehearsal. You and me are going shopping." They head out. Nick calls Nissa.
"Hello?" Nissa answered.
"Hey baby. I just wanted to let you know that I will be a little longer. I have a friend with me and we need to go shopping real quick."
"OK baby. By the way, thank you for the surprise. I love you so much."
"You're welcome, Gummy Bear." Tom was disgusted by the affection that he was hearing from them. He was anti-Nissa. He wasn't sure how he was gonna deal with Nissa. But he had to. Because it's not every day, he is with his idol. "So Tom, I haven't told you that I framed the drawing. I hung it up in my studio at the house."
"Really?"
"Yes I did."
"Thank you. That means a lot to me." They headed out to Neiman-Marcus. Nick was gonna treat Tom to an outfit. They arrived and immediately they found the perfect ensemble for Tom. Then they headed out to the hotel.
"Hey baby, I'm so glad you're here. I missed you. Thank you so much for today. It was a very relaxing time." Nissa kissed him.
"You're welcome baby girl. I'm glad."
"Now get dressed." She turned to walk away and she noticed Tom, standing shyly at the door. She immediately walked over to him. "Hi, I'm Nissa." She extended her hand to him. He shook her hand hesitantly. As soon as Nick was in the bathroom getting dressed Tom showed his true colors.
"Look Nissa, I love Nick like he was a big brother to me. And I can see past your innocent role you're playing. You don't fool me." Nissa looked at him in shock.
"Wow. So according to you, what is it that I want from Nick?"
"His money, his attention, the perks of being a rock star girlfriend. The demise of Backstreet Boys..."
"Whoa, let me stop you right there. I don't want his money because I am loaded myself. So those perks you talk about, I can get all by myself. This suite you are standing in, I paid for. As for the demise of Backstreet Boys, please. Why would I destroy one of the things that has given me joy for years. Another thing, when the Boys were talking about the Reunion Tour, my father had just passed and he didn't want to go on tour. Guess who convinced him to go. That would be me. You may not like me. But I'm here to stay. Whether you like it or not." Tom stayed shut but Nissa could see he was fuming in his eyes. Just then Nick came out of the room and the mood changed. "Wow baby, you look amazing."
"Thank you, Gummy Bear." Nick made his way to the full length mirror. "Tom, go ahead and get ready. Make yourself comfortable. Let me know if you need anything."
"Thank you, Nick." Nissa saw a smile on Tom that reminded her of herself. The fan in her. She turned to Nick, who was struggling with his collar. She stood between him and the mirror, facing him. He looked in the mirror and he loved what he was seeing. Immediately he took his iPhone 6 plus. He put his hand on her hip and snapped a picture. He didn't waste any time posting it on Instagram.
"There, you are all done." Nick leaned forward and kissed her glossy lips. He licked his lips to taste her.
"MMM that tastes like cherry."
"I added Cherry Dragon flavored Lipsmacker Lipgloss over the lipstick the makeup artist put on me." She grinned.
"You look stunning, Ms. Sohma."
"You don't look half bad yourself, Mr. Carter." She kissed him. This time not having to stand on her tippy toes since she was wearing 6 inch stiletto heels. Just then Tom came out of the bathroom all ready. Shortly after, their phone rang.
"Hello Ms. Sohma. This is Saul calling from the reception desk to let you know that your Limousine has arrived."
"Thank you, Saul." She put the phone on the receiver. "Guys, the Limo is here." They gathered everything that they were gonna need. Nissa turned to Nacho. "You be good. And keep the room safe." They made their way out the door. Nick, Tom, Sophie, and Nissa got on the elevator. Nick leaned against the back wall and he pulled Nissa by her hips. All he could do was admire her. She rested the temple of her head on his chest, trying not to get makeup on his jacket. He kissed her forehead. The elevator dinged. They had arrived to the lobby. And the moment they walked out, they were ambushed by camera flashes. Someone had ratted them out. Nick was very upset, but he kept his cool. They posed for pictures.
"Nick, who is in your posse?"
"Of course you know Nissa already. This is Sophie, her best friend. And this is Tom, my friend."
"Talking about Nissa, when is the wedding gonna be?"
"Honestly, I don't think I have changed my opinion on marriage. So I don't think it's happening."
"Nissa, how do you feel about that?" Nissa stayed shut. She was thinking about what she was gonna say. She was sad and she didn't want to give her sadness away.
"I knew that about him already. I have nothing to say about that." The photographers could sense the awkwardness of the situation. So they tried to change the subject.
"So are you ever gonna do something for yourself or are you gonna continue living off your parents fortune and off of Nick?"
"Alright that's enough. We have an event to get to. So if you'll excuse us..."Nick came to her rescue. Tom had a smirk on his face. They hopped in the Limo as fast as they could. Everyone got in, then Nick got in and shut the door. Nissa immediately opened the whiskey. She made herself a glass. And drank it in one sip. Nick grabbed a glass and drank some too. Nissa got on Instagram. She found the picture Nick had posted. It showed her back towards the mirror. Her dress had a very low back. Her black, wavy hair was left down. She looked at Nick's face in the picture and he was happy. He looked like he hadn't in so many years. Nissa knew that even though he was successful, he still wasn't happy. She could tell from all the research she did on him when she was younger. But now she was confused. If he seems so happy in the picture and in his actions. Why is he telling everybody otherwise? She continued to stare at the picture and read the caption. 'John F. Kennedy and Jackie O. have nothing on us. Perfection in one photo'. She could feel a knot in her throat. And a tear roll down her cheek. Sophie knew how she was feeling. She put her hand on her knee. To reassure her that everything was gonna be alright. Nissa served herself another glass of whiskey. Making it her 4th. Her instagram updated with new photos. The most recent one was posted by her favorite celebrity gossip magazine. It was a picture of them in the limo. Her on the phone and Nick looking out the window. It had been captioned 'Trouble in Paradise with @NissaSohma and @BoyBanderNik? I think so.' Nissa looked up at Tom. She was very appalled. But she wasn't gonna make a scene and embarrass Nick. Tom looked at her. He knew she knew he was the one who tipped the photographers to their whereabouts. Just then Nick grabbed her hand and kissed it. Breaking her out of thought. She looked at him. She saw that he was there but not at the same time. He was in deep thought. Nissa's thinking this is his night. I need to do everything to make sure it doesn't get ruined. She texted Sophie.

Nissa: I found the rat.
Sophie: Who?
Nissa: Tom. He alerted the media we were at that hotel. Then he posted this picture.

Nissa had taken a screenshot of the picture. And she sent it to Sophie.

Sophie: Ooh that little weasel. What do you want me to do?
Nissa: I will be with Nick most of the night. So I need you to keep Tom away from Nick. Because I won't let anything happen that will ruin Nick's night.
Sophie: Will do.
Nissa: Thank you.

They arrived at the venue. Nick came out of the Limo and extended his hand for Nissa. He helped her out. The moment they both got out the photographers and the fans at the red carpet went crazy. Nick waved and smiled. Nissa fighting with her dress managed to wave. Sophie pulled Tom to the sidelines.
"You and me, we stay out of the way." He shot her a mean look. "We know what you are up to. And if you hurt Nissa or Nick, I will ruin you."
"Tom, I'm just a fan of Nick's."
"Yeah sure you are." Nick and Nissa walked the red carpet. Stopping several times for different channels, magazines, etc. Nick had his hand on Nissa's lower back. Sometimes on her hip. He would kiss her cheek. Their body language was amazing. A reporter stopped them to interview him.
"Nick, are you planning to go on tour for this new album?"
"Yes I do. I have some plans to take care of first. Then I plan to go on a worldwide tour."
"Do these plans include Nissa?"
"Why would you ask that?"
"There's a picture going around that says otherwise."
"What picture?"
"Come on babe. We have to go." Nissa was pulling his arm so he could get away. Nick does walk away.
"Nissa, what picture are they talking about?"
"Baby it's not important. We can discuss this later. Tonight is your night."
"No Nissa. You need to tell me what's going on." Nissa sighed. As they were making their way into the venue Nissa explained.
"Baby, the picture that reporter was talking about is this one." Nissa showed him the picture.
"You mean to tell me that Tom was ratting us out?"
"Yes baby."
"Wait here." Nick found the security guard and told him that Tom had to go. He got back to Nissa.
"Nick, what did you do?"
"I told security to take him out and not let him in."
"Ok? How are you feeling?"
"I'm OK. I'm used to this already."
"I'm sorry baby. Let's just enjoy this. Go rock your heart out." They got inside.
"I have to go find Sophie."
"Ok Gummy Bear." She kissed him and a picture was snapped. "That's gonna be all over the magazines tomorrow." Nick smiled.
"Let it. I want to scream it out that you're mine." Nissa was surprised to hear that. After everything that occurred earlier that day. As soon as she walked away she found Sophie trying to get in.
"She's with Nick too. You can let her in."
"Where's Tom?"
"Nick told security to escort him out. He found out about the picture."
"That's too bad. How is he dealing with it?"
"He's actually OK." They got to their seats. Nissa sat next to Nick and Sophie sat next to Nissa. Nick grabbed Nissa's hand and kissed it. He leaned into her.
"It's about time. I missed you so much."
"I came as fast as soon as I found her." He grasped her chin and pulled her in for a passionate lip lock. "Oh Behave. You're giving me bad ideas." Nick licked his lips.
"Feisty are we?"
"I'm sorry. You're the hottest man here. Well aside from Jared Padalecki." Nissa joked. "You can't blame a girl for wanting to be turned on by her man."
"You're right. I would fall into your little trap if it wasn't because the show is about to start. And I don't want to ruin your look. I would definitely take you right here, right now." Nissa grinned as he kissed her cheek.
"How about we go for it?"
"You're tempting me but that's a negative." Nissa giggled. The show started. They sat there and enjoyed themselves. Nick made his way backstage halfway through it.
"I'm so excited to see him perform." Nissa told Sophie.
"You? Me! I've never seen him perform.>"
"You're in for a treat."
"Our Next musical performer made it big at a very young age, as a part of one of the biggest boy bands in history. And now he's still rocking the stages as a solo artist. Please, welcome back to our stages, the one and only Nick Carter." The crowd went crazy. The camera shifted focus to Nissa. She was beaming. Nick started his set with 'I'm Taking off', wearing his spacesuit that he wore on his tour. He really got into the song like he used to. Although he was older he was still rocking it and he didn't feel his age. It was like he was invincible on stage. Just when the crowd didn't expected, he ripped his space suit off and revealed black jeans, a black tank, and he had thrown on the dark chrome jacket he used in the In A World Like This tour. He began a solo version of Permanent Stain. He sang the first verse and chorus then went into I Got You. Every so often the cameras would shift to Nissa, and every time she was caught, singing along. She sang along to every song except the very last song. It was a mid-tempo ballad that she had never heard before. All she could do was listen to the lyrics and watch him. Watch how he got into it, and many times catching her eyes. She realized that the song was the one he had been working on for several years. The one he tried pitching to the Boys for the Reunion tour. They didn't take it because it was too sappy. How a song was too sappy for Backstreet Boys was beyond her. But it was extremely beautiful. She loved it. Nick finished the set and the crowd once again went wild. He blew a kiss to Nissa, and the camera captured her reaction. She hugged Sophie just like she would've if she was at a regular Backstreet Boys concert with her best friend. Nissa was fan girling really bad. And what made it better was that she got to go home with him.
Nick went backstage and changed back to his original wardrobe, then he took his seat next to Nissa. "So? What you think?" Sophie laughed.
"She was fan girling you bad. It's like she had never met you or something." Nissa elbowed her in the rib.
"I loved it. You still got it rockstar. Is that new song gonna be in your next album?"
"You want it to be?"
"Why are you asking me? That's not up to me."
"Actually baby, that song is yours. I wrote it for you. It's about you. So yes it's up to you."
"Of course then. I think your fans would love it too. Thank you." They got through the show.
"We have 2 options. We could crash someone's after party or we can call it a night." Nick told Nissa as they waited for Sophie to get out of the bathroom. Nissa threw her arm around his neck and kissed him.
"But I just wanna take you home, so we can make a story of our own." Nick laughed.
"Touche. Using my own words against me. But you know that we have visit and I think that would be TMI for her."
"I don't like it when you're right."
"I'm sorry." Sophie finally came out.
"So what's our next move?" She asked Nick and Nissa.
"I'm starving!" Nissa informed them.
"What are you girls feeling for?"
"I want a big ol' steak with scrambled eggs."
"Breakfast for midnight snack sounds great!"
"I don't know what restaurant is open this late at night."
"Oh Nicky, you have let fame get to you. Have you forgotten a certain International House of Pancakes?"
"But dressed like this?"
"We will fine." She kissed him. Their limo car was waiting for them outside. He requested to be taken to IHOP. When they arrived, everyone looked at them. Nissa giggled as she looked at Nick and found a worried look on his face. "Baby, relax. It's not like you didn't use to do this after the award shows. The only difference was that you went to the bar."
"You're right."
"Just enjoy these little moments that get you away from fame and the lime light."
"Hello, I'm Mandy. And I will be your waitress for the night. Can I start you with a drink?" Nick looked up at the waitress.
"Mandy??!!!"
"Nick?! How the heck have you been?"
"Pretty good."
"What are you doing working here?"
"My divorce left me with almost nothing."
"That sucks. What about your royalties? I mean 'I Wanna Be Bad' is used a lot in movies."
"Not as much anymore. I regret getting all this plastic surgery on my face. Now no one wants to hire me because I look to old they say."
"I'm sorry to hear that." Nick sympathized with her. Nissa remembered Mandy from all the tabloids. Everyone knew her as Willa Ford. Nick and her didn't end well. But deep down she knew that she was Nick's first love. And they say that you never forget your first love. She began to feel a little weird. It felt like she was jealous. But she knew better. Or so she thought. She cleared her throat very loudly, getting Mandy's attention.
"Pitcher of Coke, please." Mandy looked at her with a puzzled look.
"Can I get a fruit punch?"
"And for you Miss?" Mandy looked in Sophie's direction.
"I'll have a sprite."
"Coming right up." Mandy went to the back to get their drinks. Nick looked at Nissa. She was staring at the menu hard. He thought she was gonna burn a hole through it.
"Baby, what's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm fine."
"You don't seem fine." Nissa looked in Mandy's direction and she caught her staring at Nick. He followed her gaze and he realized what was wrong with her. "Baby, really?"
"Don't Baby, Really me. I'm a girl. Who better than me to know what seeing your first love again does to you?"
"I'm gonna go to the powder room." Sophie said trying to lighten the mood. She left them alone.
"Nissa. If I wanted to be with her, I would've looked her up. I'm with you. I only have eyes for you. You have nothing to worry about." He reached across the table for her hand and kissed it.
"Ok. I believe you." She gave him an unsure smile. Sophie came back.
"Did ya'll kiss and make up?"
"Yes we are ok." Nick reassured Sophie. Mandy brought their drinks out.
"Are we ready to order?" Nick looked at the girls.
"Yes. I want the T-Bone steak with my eggs scrambled."
"How would you like your steak cooked?"
"Medium."
"I just want the Sausage, eggs, and hash browns plate. With the side pancakes."
"Nick what would you like?"
"I want the Cheese and Bacon omelette." Mandy took the menus and walked to the back to place the order. While they are waiting, Nick pulls out his iPhone 6 Plus and gets on his twitter. He found a link to a video of his performance. He watched it. "I love the look on your face when you were singing along."
"I may be your girlfriend, but I am your biggest fan too."
"I know baby. And I love that about you." Their food was brought out. Nissa tore that steak up. Nick looked at her in disbelief.
"What?! I was starving." Nick smiled. They finished their meals. Mandy brought the bill to the table. She had written her phone number on it. Nissa grabbed the bill and went up to pay. "So, this is really tacky."
"Why do you say that. As far as I know he's single. That's why I gave him my number. And even if he was with you two arm candies, if he is still the same man I use to know, it wouldn't matter anyway. The more girls the better he is."
"I got news for you. He is exclusively with me. We are not his arm candy. And he is not that man anymore. So next time you feel like writing your phone number on a bill, you might want to get your facts straight. Because next time you won't be so lucky. Next time you might get a ghetto hood rat that won't hesitate kicking your ass."
"Baby I would've gotten that ticket." He said as he walked up to the counter, placing his hand on the small of her back.
"It's ok baby. We can go now."
"Bye Mandy. It was good to see you again." That comment rubbed Nissa the wrong way. Sophie the quiet one looked at Nissa, waiting to see what she was gonna do. Nissa walked out and got in the limo. Nick went after her. "Babe, what's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm fine."
"Ok. I'll leave you alone." They rode back to the hotel in silence. When they got back to the suite, Nick took a shower then he laid down and got on his phone. Nissa and Sophie un-glamorized and chit chatted.
"Nissa, what are you doing to him?"
"What do you mean?"
"He obviously loves you..."
"So why did he say that it was good to see her again?"
"It's a saying. He didn't mean it like you think he did."
"It seems like he did. Especially if I had just mentioned that people will always have some sort of feeling towards their first love. Even if things ended bad."
"Nissa, no. You need to stop that. You're gonna push him away. Let me tell you something. Nick was always known for pushing people away when he started feeling happy. Why? Because he was screwed up enough to believe that he didn't deserve to be happy. That if he was happy, it was gonna go bad no matter what he did. So he preferred to let go of the person before he got hurt. He loves you enough to risk getting hurt to be with you. And you are doing the same thing. You have such an amazing man and you're pushing him away..."
"I know you're right. But..."
"No buts. Enough is enough. No man would do any of what he's done for you." Nissa stood in front of the mirror removing her makeup. Sophie was done so she went to bed. Nissa thought hard about what she said. She was right. Nick was making himself emotionally vulnerable just to be with her. He was finally happy and he wasn't trying to run away. When she got done, Nick was fast asleep. Laying on his stomach. She laid next to him and kissed his shoulder. Then laid her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arm around him. He was so comfortable to her.
The following morning Nissa woke up to Sophie getting ready to leave. Nick was nowhere to be seen.
"Happy Birthday, Nissa!!!!!!" Sophie jumped on the bed to hug her.
"Thank you. It's gonna be very bittersweet."
"Why?"
"You are leaving me." She pouted her lips.
"I'm sorry."
"It's OK. I'm just happy that you came out and hung out with me yesterday." Sophie hugged her. Just then Nick walked in.
"Sophie you ready? Oh hey baby girl. Good morning."
"Good Morning."
"Yes I'm ready."
"OK. I'm gonna drive Soph to the airport. I will be back soon."
"Alright." He kissed her. "I love you."
"I love you too, Gummy Bear."
"I love you, Sophie. I'm gonna miss you."
"I will miss you too." Nissa hugged her once more. Nick and Sophie headed out. Nissa laid back down. Nacho jumped in bed with her and rested his head on her tummy. She fell asleep rubbing on Nacho's head. Nick came back and decided to let her sleep. So he made a phone call to Alfonso.
"Hello Alfonso. This is Nick Carter. I was wondering if it arrived yet?"
"Yes Mr. Carter, it has arrived. All you have to do is come in and claim it."
"Thank you so much. I'll make sure you get a hefty commission."
"Thank you so much, Mr. Carter." Once he got off the phone, he packed all their things. All those times that he was sleeping around, he acquired a talent of gathering his things very silently and leaving before the girl woke up. He finished up without waking Nissa or Nacho up and he sat down and got on his phone. He took the time to troll and tease his fans as he's accustomed to do.
Nissa woke up with Nacho breathing in her face. "Dawg, you need a breath mint." Nick smiled the moment he heard her.
"Hey Gummy Bear. How did you sleep?"
"I slept well. Listen, I'm sorry about last night..."
"It's alright. Don't worry." He kissed her. "So I have something planned for you today."
"Ooooh, what is it?"
"I'm not telling."
"Oh come on. At least tell me how I need to dress."
"Semi casual."
"OK, I've got just the thing. When are we going?"
"Around 3."
"OK. Let's go for a walk on the beach."
"Yeah that would be fun." Nissa put on pants and a t-shirt. Then all three of them headed out. The moment Nacho walked on the sand, he ran off. Nissa giggled as she rested her head on Nick's arm. Nick was so happy to see them both so happy too.
They spent the whole morning on the beach. They they went back to the suite to get ready.
"You look beautiful." He kissed her cheek.
"Thank you baby." They gathered their things that Nick had packed up earlier. He checked them out of the suite. They got in the car and Nick drove to a store called Aquarius. "What's this?"
"This is part of the surprise."
"OK." Nissa was getting excited. They walked in and her jaw dropped. There were all kinds of fish everywhere. "Nick, why are we here? This place is amazing." Nick directed her to a section where they had all the exotic salt water Fish, including starfish, clown fish, jelly fish and many others.
"I want you to pick out Starry and Knight." He instructed her, pointing in the direction of the Seahorses.
"Nicky?!! Really?!!!! You're not joking?" Nissa looked at him with an excitement he had never seen in her before.
"No baby. It's not a joke. This is your birthday present." She jumped in his arms. When she got done, he saw tears in her eyes. "What's wrong my love?"
"I never dreamed that I could have one. I thought that a seahorse couldn't be a pet. Oh my God. I'm so excited." Nick smiled. "Thank you so much." She said as she wiped a tear that escaped down her cheek.
"You're welcome baby." Nissa went to every tank holding the seahorses. She stopped at one where there was a female that was almost a metallic blue. She also noticed that where ever the female went there was a particular male that followed her.
"There they are. Starry and Knight." Nick inspected them.
"Are you sure?"
"YES! She's beautiful and he's her soul mate. You can tell."
"Alright baby." Nick got an associate. "She would like these two."
"Yes sir." The associate wrote down which ones they had picked out. "Now, will you be needing a tank and accessories?"
"Yes we will."
"Alright, if you follow me, I will show you everything you will need to properly take care of them." The associate took them around. They spent almost an hour in there. Finally they went to check out.
"I want all this delivered to my house at this address in exactly one week. Now, when it's delivered will someone put it together?"
"Yes we do put them together. That way our customers are sure that it's done right."
"Great!" Nick paid the man. while Nissa took another look at Starry and Knight. Nick found her. He hugged her from behind. "Do you like your present?"
"Do I like it? I love it! Thank you so much." She turned to face him and kissed him. He noticed that she had been crying again. When their lips parted he wiped her tears away with his thumb.
"What is it, baby girl?"
"I'm so happy. And I'm also beating myself up."
"Why?"
"I treat you so bad, and you're so good to me. I don't mean to be the bitch I've been."
"Baby, being a relationship with a musician is never easy. And to make matters worse, with a broken musician like me. I need to confess something. I feel my heart healing. I feel my soul snapping back into place. And it's because of you. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. And I don't want to lose that. Promise me that you will not give up on us easy. Promise me you will fight for us like I will."
"I promise." He cupped her face with his hands and pulled her in for a kiss.
"I love you, Gummy Bear."
"I love you too."
"Now we have to go. Or we will miss our flight."
"Flight?"
"Yep. We are headed to LAX right now."
"What about your car?"
"I'm gonna leave it in the parking lot."
"OK." They made the drive to Los Angeles. Nick told Nissa that he was hungry so they made a pit stop at this little cafe in downtown Los Angeles.
"I have to go to the car real quick." He told her, while they waited for their food.
"OK baby." Nick made his way out the door and instead of going to his car. He walked to the store next door.
"Hello. I would like to speak to Alfonso please."
"Yes sir. Let me go get him." Alfonso came right out.
"Hello sir, how may I help you?"
"I'm here to pick up the order for Nick Carter."
"You must be Mr. Carter?"
"Yes, I am."
"Nice to finally meet you." They shook hands. "For safety and confidentiality, I must see 2 forms of identification."
"Of course." Nick pulled out his driver’s license and his passport.
"Excellent, Mr. Carter. If you give me a moment, I will get your item."
"Thank you very much, Alfonso." Alfonso went back to the safe and removed Nick's item. He immediately came out to Nick.
"Here it is, Mr. Carter. Inspect it. And let me know if you are satisfied." Nick did.
"Wow. It's beautiful. She will love it."
"Great!" Alfonso wrapped it up. Nick payed for it.
"Here's a little something for your service and discretion." Nick handed him $1,000.
"Thank you, Mr. Carter. It was my pleasure. I'm a huge fan of Ms. Sohma's. And as a fan, I want her to be happy."
"You didn't hear it from me, but we are having a late lunch next door." Nick winked at him. Alfonso grinned. "Also can I speak to your boss?"
"Well he's not here at the moment, but I can give him a call."
"Please do. It's very important." Alfonso called his boss and informed him that a customer wanted to speak with him. Then he put Nick on the phone. "Hello Mr. Ismay, I am Nick Carter and I just made a purchase in your store."
"Hello, Mr. Carter. We definitely appreciate your business. Is there something wrong. Were treated well?"
"Oh Yes. I just wanted to inform you that Alfonso went above and beyond in getting me what I needed. He searched, and got it here in time. And all the while he was doing so, he was giving me progress reports. I really appreciate everything."
"That is great, Mr. Carter. I will make sure that he is rewarded for his excellent work. Thank you for taking the time and letting me know."
"You're welcome." Nick got off the phone. Then he turned to Alfonso and shook his hand. "Thank you so much."
"You're welcome, Mr. Carter."
"Change of plans. You are coming with me."
"Alright." Alfonso instructed the other employees that he would be back. They walked over to Nick's car and put the purchase in his suitcase in the trunk. Then he walked over to Nacho that was tied in a doggy cooling center in front of the cafe. He pet him. Then he went in with Alfonso.
"Hey baby girl, I want you to meet Alfonso. He is a big fan of yours. I ran into him coming back in. I figured he could meet you." Nissa stood up to hug Alfonso.
"How are you?"
"I'm great now that I'm meeting you."
"Aww you are too sweet."
"Can I get a picture and an autograph?"
"Well of course." Nick took Alfonso's phone and went into shutterbug mode. He snapped at least 15 pictures.
"Nick give the man his phone."
"Oh sorry." They all laughed. Nissa signed a napkin and handed it to Alfonso.
"I love your story. The one that you've been posting on your site."
"Really? It's just a fan fiction of this one." She motioned towards Nick.
"So. It's well written. Have you thought of writing a book?"
"Yes actually. I started writing about life with my mom, and how it's been after she passed. I'm several chapters away from finishing it."
"That's great!!!!! I can't wait." Just then the waitress brought out their food. "Well I'll let you guys be. It was great meeting you both."
"Likewise." Nissa hugged him. Nick shook his hand once more. Then he made his way out. "He was so sweet."
"Yes he was." They ate their lunch. And made their way to the airport. They boarded the plane within minutes of arriving. "OK, Nacho. You must behave." Nick told him as he put him in his seat. Nissa sat by the window and Nick sat in the aisle seat. Nacho sitting in the middle seat between them.
"Where are we going by the way?"
"We are headed to Springfield. I wanted to visit your parents graves."
"Um Ok."
Nick was too excited to arrive. Nissa and Nacho took a nap and Nick watched a movie on his iPad. To him it seemed like the longest flight ever. And he had been in very long flights.
They finally landed at Bradley International Airport in Hartford, Connecticut. They got out of the plane grabbed their stuff and he rented a car. And then they drove to Springfield. Nissa was surprised at his rushing. She had never seen him this hyper. Not even when he was doing the photo shoot with Christina Ricci.
"Baby, my parents aren't going anywhere."
"That's not funny."
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. Why?"
"Just wondering." They arrived to downtown Springfield. He was headed to the Sheraton hotel. They let the valet park the car. Nick checked them in to a suite. As they were headed to the elevator, Nacho started acting up. Nissa picked him up. "Are you sure you are not a cat? Scaredy Cat." Nacho jumped out of her arms as if to say, I'll show you who is a Scaredy Cat. He strutted his way into the elevator. Nick and Nissa were right behind him. Nick laughed. The doors closed and Nick pulled Nissa to him as always. "Ooh baby" Nissa smiled. Nick kissed the spot on her neck that drove her crazy. Her lips found their way to his lips as if they had a mind of their own. He was leaning against the wall and she was leaning against him. His legs were slightly spread so she can fit closer to him. His hands were on her hips, holding her in place. She had put her hands on his face as she kissed him. They parted their lips just so she could come up for air. "What is it with you and elevators?"
"If I may remind you, I just kissed your neck. You went for the kiss. And you can't blame a guy for loving your kisses." Nissa grinned. The elevator dinged. They had arrived to their floor. Nacho led the way. But he went the opposite way. "Nacho Marie, where do you think you are going?" He looked back at Nick. And he hesitantly followed Nick. They got to the suite.
"This is really nice."
"Yes it is." Nissa settled them in as she always does. She then went to freshen up because she knew they were headed out to dinner. Nick took a quick nap while she freshen up.

"Nick, you have come a long way."
"What do you mean, Mr. Hernandez?"
"Call me Jeff please. I never thought you would be ready." He laughed. Making fun of Nick.
"I love her so much. I just...I can't do this anymore. I can't keep living this long distance relationship." Just then Jazmine showed up out of thin air.
"Well, Nicky we give you our blessing..."
"Baby." He could hear Nissa's voice calling him in the distance. "Baby, wake up. I'm hungry." Nissa saw a grin on his face but he wouldn't wake up. "Carter!!! Don't make me push you off the bed!" Nick woke up.
"OK OK OK, I'm up." He went to get ready.
"Nacho, have you noticed your daddy is acting strange lately?" Nacho nodded in agreement. Nick came out of the bathroom.
"I am not!" Nissa looked at Nacho and laughed.
"Whatever." He grabbed the keys to the car.
"Are you coming?" He asked Nissa.
"Yes. What is your hurry?"
"I'm starving!" they made their way out. He headed to Red Rose Pizzeria. The restaurant they went to when her father brought her Springfield. Nick was really antsy. He couldn't stop bouncing his leg and looking around like someone was after him.
"I swear to God, Nick if you don't stop I'm gonna tie you to the chair. You're making me very anxious."
"I'm sorry. I'll try to relax." He calmed down a little. They ate until they couldn't fit anymore in their stomachs. Then he payed the bill and they headed out. After driving several minutes, Nissa noticed that Nick took a wrong turn.
"Where are you going? The cemetery is that way."
"I have to make a stop before we go there."
"Um, Ok." She said very confused. Where could he possibly going. As they got closer to his destination, she realized where they were going. "You are too sweet. Is this gonna be a tradition we are gonna start?"
"What?"
"Coming to visit the tree every time we are in town?"
"Yes. It's part of you." He parked the car and they walked over to the tree. He then took out a pocket knife and he carved that day's date. Nissa looked at him with a puzzled look. He then held her hands in his. "Nissa, when you met me I was past the whole sleeping around and being the bad boy every one was accustomed to but I had resigned myself to a bachelor life..."
"Baby, I..." He put his finger on her lips to shush her. He then kissed her.
"But the more I let you into my heart, the more hope I got. And like I told you before, I could feel my heart and soul healing. But every time you'd go home and left me alone, I wasn't complete. The longer you were gone, the more I felt like a baby deer learning how to walk. That's how I knew that you were the one." He let go of her hand and pulled out a little box. He got on one knee. Nissa put her hand on his shoulder.
"Baby?..." She got teary eyed.
"Gummy bear, if you'll have me, broken and all, will you be my wife and soul mate?" Nick opened the little box and exposed her mother's engagement ring.
"Oh baby. I don't care if you're broken as long as you're mine. Of course I will be your wife. I can't see myself with anyone else." At that point Nissa was crying. Nick got up and wiped her tears away. He then put the ring on her finger. She hugged him so tight.
"I love you so much! You've made me the happiest man in the world."
"I can't believe you kept your promise to my dad. Thank you." She looked at the ring. She then kissed Nick. He then walked over to the tree again. He carved under the date, 'She said YES!' Nissa smiled. Then he pulled another box. That one was bigger.
"I also wanted to give you something new from me. So several months ago, I contacted Alfonso to see if he could find this for me." He opened up the box to expose an exact replica of the 'Heart of The Ocean' from the Titanic Movie. It took Nissa's breath away.
"Baby, this is exquisite. Is it real?"
"Yes, those are all diamonds. Except in the movie it's a blue Diamond and this one is a Sapphire, since that is your birthstone."
"This must have cost you a fortune."
"My love for you has no price." Nissa hugged him once more and she burst in tears again. Nick held her.
"You don't like it?"
"I love it. I'm happy. I'm so happy that my body can't contain it." Nick hugged her. She felt a cold chill wrap around them. "My parents are here."
"Yeah, I felt that." They enjoyed the moment a little longer. They watched the sun set like they always did every chance they got.
"We better head out before the mosquitoes eat me alive."
"Yes. I still don't get why they don't attack me but you get badly eaten."
"Well my dear Nick. As you already know, I taste yummy." Nick laughed.
"That you are right about." He kissed her. He held her hand all the way to the car. On the way to the hotel, Nick looked over at Nissa. He then grabbed her hand and kissed it. Asking Nissa to marry him was a very proud moment for him. He kept glancing at her until she finally caught him.
"What is it baby?"
"I'm just so happy. I'm happy to be here with you. I'm happy about today. I'm looking forward to our future together."
"Baby, I know how you feel!" They finally made it to the hotel. When they made it to their floor, Nissa stood on a balcony overlooking the center of the hotel. Below them was the lobby and above them was a humongous crystal chandelier. It reminded her of the Grand Staircase in the Titanic. She stretched her hand out over the rail and pointed her phone at it trying to capture her engagement ring and the chandelier in the background. She snapped a photo. She then posted it on Instagram captioning it, 'The beginning of a new chapter with my love! I love you @BoyBanderNik!' Then Nick pulled out his phone and pulled Nissa by the waist. Nissa knowing that he was gonna snap a selfie with her, rested her ring hand on his chest and rested her face against his. He made sure the chandelier was behind them. Then he snapped the picture. Posting it on Instagram and captioning it 'Can't wait to see what happens next with my love, @NissaSohma and me. #Excited #ForeverLove'