- Text Size +
That day was really easy for Nissa. Mark stayed an extra shift to make sure that Nissa was trained and comfortable. He was an awesome manager and trainer.

“Nissa, how do you think you’re doing?”

“I think I’m doing good for being my first job.”

“I agree. In all my training years you have been my best trainee.”

“Thanks” She blushed.

At that moment a customer came in.

“Here’s your chance to fly solo!”

“Hi welcome to Coffee Dreams. How can I help you?”

“I’d like a medium double chocolate latte with mocha sprinkels and a cranberry nut muffin.”

“Coming right up. It will be $4.68

“Say aren’t you Jazmine Sohma’s daughter?”

“Yes I am.” Nissa said, wondering what’s going on that after so many years of living here, she was being recognized.

“It’s such an honor to meet you! I’ve been a huge fan of your mom’s. I’m so sorry for your loss.”

“Oh thank you. It’s been so long that it has been easier and easier to deal with.” She told him as she finished up his order.

“Thank you so much. Do you plan on writing anything?”

“Haven’t really thought about it. I have written some fan fictions of my favorite singer, but I really haven’t done anything special.”

“Hey you should publish it. Maybe that’s YOUR start. Remember your mom started small.”

“You’re right. I’ll think about it.”

“Ok. I’ll keep my eye out for it” He left.

“Well Nissa, it’s time for you to go home! You did excellent! I’m so proud of you!”

“Thanks Mark!”

“Here’s a written schedule for the next 2 weeks. Once you’re in the system, you will be able to view your schedule online.”

“Yay, I’m off tomorrow?”

“Yes you are.”

“Alright, well you have a good night.”

“You too Nissa” She went home. Her dad was there already.

“Sorry dad, I got called in to work today. Did you eat?”

“Yes sweetheart, I ate last night’s leftovers.”

“OK”

“How was your first day?”

“It was really good. Mark stayed behind to train me himself. I had fun! But I got recognized two times today!”

“What do you mean?”

“As Jazmine Sohma’s daughter.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I mean I know that her anniversary just passed but come on. I’ve been in this town for so long and now they recognize me?”

“Well honey, you’ve been in school all this time. You will be recognized now that you have a job and are mingling with the townsfolk.”

“You’re right!” As she was talking to her dad, she checked her emails on her phone. She had 3 new followers on Twitter. She went on her Twitter. They were local fans of her mom’s. Since she was already on, she tweeted.

@NissaSohma So as of today, I’m a local celebrity in my hometown.

Not even 10 minutes later she got a reply.

@JazzySohmafan4Life: @NissaSohma I’m proud to say I’m a fan of yours. I’m glad that you live here.

@NissaSohma: @JazzySohmaFan4Life Thank you. Just have in mind that I’m not use to this kind of attention. So please go easy on me.

She went up to her room and turned on her TV. The news was on.

Reporter: Breaking News-Legendary author, Jazmine Sohma’s daughter resurfaces after being in hiding most of her life.

17 year old, Nissa Sohma was seen working at our local coffee shop today. Early that morning she was doing some solo shopping. Could she be working because she blew her mother’s fortune? We will continue to follow this story.

All Nissa wanted to do was cry. How could they be so cruel? She had not spent her mother’s fortune. As a matter of fact, she hadn’t touched a dime. The car was hers. But she hadn’t touched the money. Nissa could already tell that this whole attention she’d been getting was gonna get under her skin.

She got on her laptop and checked Yahoo! and there was her mother’s picture with a caption of:

“Jazmine Sohma’s daughter out of hiding”

She knew that was the beginning of something unwanted. She heard her Twitter notification go off on her phone. She logged back on to Twitter on her laptop.

@BoyBanderNik: @NissaSohma I know exactly how you feel. If you ever need anyone to talk to, you can count on me!

@NissaSohma: @BoyBanderNik Thank you. How are you? How’s Nacho? Did you make it on time to Houston?

@BoyBanderNik: @NissaSohma I’m good. He’s doing good. He ate something he wasn’t supposed to.

@NissaSohma: @BoyBanderNik Poor baby! What did the vet do for him?

Nick sent Nissa a direct message, asking her for her E-Mail address. She replied back with her E-Mail address. Not even 5 minutes later her inbox notification went off.

From: Nick Carter

To: Nissa Sohma

Time: 10:38pm

He gave him doggy laxatives. Not even an hour later he did his thing. Turned out he had ripped his toy up and ate the stuffing. He was fine as soon as he went. I took the next flight out to Houston. I made it on time! How was your day?

From: Nissa Sohma

To: Nick Carter

Time: 10:45pm

That’s really good! I’m really glad he’s alright! Today was my first day. I loved it. Mark trained me so he stayed behind. And I got recognized twice. By my mom’s fans. That’s what that tweet was all about.

From: Nick Carter

To: Nissa Sohma

Time: 10:52pm

Thank you for caring. It’s good that you liked it. Maybe that’ll keep you motivated. I know how it is with the whole getting recognized. At least you’re not known world wide!! But tell me why are you being followed?

Nissa was too tired to type up an E-Mail with her mom’s story. She decided to mark that E-Mail unmarked. So that she could get back to it the following day. She layed in bed thinking about her mom. And how much she missed her. she fell asleep hearing her singing my favorite song to her…