- Text Size +
2 years passed. Nothing exciting had happened. Nissa did notice that Norma was trying to get Eric and her to break up. And Nissa found it very odd. Since she had figured she’d be the first one to be happy about them being together. Nissa hadn’t gotten a chance to go have a talk with her since she was working extra hours. The holidays were coming up so they were kicking their butts. Main reason was because they were Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts competition. It was mid-November. Her 19th birthday had passed. On the day of her birthday she received an E-Mail from Nick.

To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 12:13pm

Hey you, I just wanted to stop and wish you a Happy Birthday. I’m sorry I’ve been MIA. We wrapped up the tour. Took a break, then we went back to the studio. We have recorded over 36 demos. I’ve been inspired to write lately. On the personal side, I’ve been dating around but no one special. They all seem to want something from me. Whether it’s fame, or money. I wish I could find someone real that doesn’t want anything from me. How have you been? Did you decide on College?


She couldn’t believe he remembered her. She answered back.


To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 1:45pm

I can’t believe you remembered me. I’ve been good. I’m still working at Coffee Dreams. I’ve been dating my childhood friend, Eric Carpenter. I’ve been spending more and more time alone. My dad has been traveling a lot. He’s such a great a lawyer that people all over the country have been seeking him out. And he’s won all but 2 cases. Proving how great he is. I feel like a rock star’s daughter. As for people knowing who my mother is, everyone in town has mellowed out. And when an out-of-towner comes in trying to dig some scoop, the townsfolk protect me and my mother’s legacy.
I’m really glad that you guys are back at the studio. I can’t wait till your album comes out. And I hope you do know that I have many of the leaked songs, from previous recording seshs. I also have unreleased songs. I guess I am the crazy kind of fan. Joking.
I’m sorry you’re going through the crazy dating thing. I guess that is the bad part of being famous. You never know who is being real and who is using you. I thank god I don’t have to go through that. All I can say is hang in there. When you least expect it, that dream girl will show up.
I haven’t gone to college. I’m really loving my job. It’s been an amazing experience. I’m also making a couple dollars on my website. Honestly, I don’t see the need to rush into college right now.
By the way I’m headed to Dallas for a couple of days. My dad has been down there for the past 3 weeks. He’s been tied up with a high profile custody battle. I’m also going to visit Patsy. I haven’t seen her since that summer I saw you guys. Shit I haven’t packed anything at all. I tend to leave these things for the last minute. And my flight leaves early tomorrow. So besides being in the studio, what have you been up to?

Nissa got away from the laptop long enough to pack. She heard a knock on the door downstairs. She opened.

“Hey honey”, She greeted Eric with a kiss. “Thought you were working today?”
“Yeah I did. I got out early because I went in at 4 this morning.”

“Oh ok.” They walked upstairs. He saw her suitcase on her bed and his expression changed. “I’m going to Dallas a couple of days.”

“What for?”

“My dad is down there and I figured I could visit with Patsy.”

“When were you going to tell me?”

“Eric, this came about this morning. You know spur of the moment kind of thing.”

“Oh right.”

“What’s your problem? I didn’t think I needed permission to go anywhere.”

“You don’t!” he shouted at her. “It’s just that I would appreciate it if you would tell me these things.”

“Eric, I was. I was planning to cook dinner for you and everything. But you blew it.”

“Nissa, look I’m sorry, it’s just that I’m not use to you being gone.”

“I’ll only be gone for 4 days. I promise I’ll be back. And this time apart will do us some good.”

“Maybe you are right but I’m going to miss you a lot. You are my main source of sanity, since mom started her attitude towards us dating.”

“You know I still find that really weird. I mean I thought she’d be the first one to support us.”

“She seems to get more worried about it the longer we stay together.”

“Look, there’s gotta be something there. But I’ll deal with it when I get back.”

“Ok. Well I better get going. You still want to go out to dinner?”

“Yeah, how about 7?”

“That’s a good time. Gives me time to rest my feet a while” She walked over to him and threw her arms around his neck.

“My poor baby” She said as she kissed him, “I bet you hurt bad”

“Yes I do” he told her returning the kiss. He put on his jacket and they walked downstairs. They kissed and he left.
Nissa headed back upstairs. Her phone rang.

“Hello”

“Hey sweetheart” replied Jeff on the other end.

“Hey Daddy. How are you?”

“I’m good. Just thought I’d check in with you before, I have to go back.”

“Well, I should be there around 2pm”

“That’s perfect. That’s when we get a lunch break”

“Great. I’ve already bought the ticket, so I’ll be there!”

“Alright sweetheart, I’ll see you then”

“Ok daddy. Love you!”

“Love you too! Have a safe trip”

“Thanks” They hung up. And she continued packing. She was never a light traveler. Even if her trips were short. She figured it was the DIVA in her. She just rather have everything than go and need something. It took her almost 2 hours to finish. Her short attention span had kicked in. So she was getting distracted every time she’d find something.
She managed to pull herself together and call Sophie.

“Hello” she answered.

“Hey girl, what you up to?”

“Not much, just getting ready to go out with Joel”

“Oh ok. I was just calling because I’m going to Dallas tomorrow and I was wondering if you can keep an eye on the house.”

“Yes I can. Is everything alright?”

“Oh yeah. Just visiting.”

“OK”

“Thanks girl. I’ll let you go so you can get ready.”

“Ok. Love you. Have a safe trip.”

“Thank you. Love you too.” Nissa looked at the clock. It was already 6. She decided to shower and get dressed. By the time she got done, it was 6:45. She got on her laptop. She had an e-Mail waiting.

To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 3:56

Of course I remembered you! I’ve been thinking about you. Not in a creepy way. I like how down to earth you are. And you are a great pen pal. Ha Ha Ha. By the way, I’m really glad that you love your job. And of course there’s nothing wrong with you not going to college. But always remember to shoot for the stars.
Damn, if your dad is that good then he’s the one I’m definitely going to. I’m really glad that your town is protecting you. But you need to always remember that you will be harassed. And you need to be prepared for whatever happens.
I am aware that our songs always leak. But what can we do? The good thing is that all the fans seem to enjoy them as if they were released on the official albums. And I guess that’s what matters in the end.
I’m really not rushing the love thing. When that girl shows up, I’ll be waiting with arms wide open. It’s all I can do.
Did you pack your suitcase? I’m the same way. I too, leave the packing for last minute. Although, most of the time we have so much to do, leading up to leaving day. Most of the time, we don’t have much choice.
How’s Eric taking your trip? How are you guys? I’m glad you have him. And to answer your question, I haven’t done anything else besides recording and dating.


She couldn’t believe what she just read. Nick Carter was thinking about her. At that moment her doorbell rang. She didn’t even sign out. She just went and answered the door.

“Hey baby” Eric greeted her. He kissed her and he came in.

“Hi. I’m not ready but give me a second” they went upstairs. Nissa went into her bathroom to do her hair and Eric sat on her bed, where she had her laptop. “I’m ready!” Nissa came out of the bathroom. They left shortly after. Nissa noticed that his attitude had changed. She didn’t ask why. He took her to an amazing Chinese restaurant. They sat down and ordered. Eric sat there not saying a word. She could tell he was boiling inside but she didn’t know why. She didn’t ask him what was wrong. And she guessed her not nagging him made him talk.

“So baby, who’s Nick?”

“He’s my friend”

“Just a friend?”

“YES!!!!!!!! He’s Nick Carter. You know? Of the Backstreet Boys. Do you really think he’d date me?

“Quite frankly, he’d be a fool if he didn’t!” he said getting her mad but at the same time she knew he was paying her a compliment.

“Look Eric, on the trip back from Dallas I ran into him at the airport and then we started writing on Twitter. Because he’s a big celebrity, we decided to e-Mail each other. We were talking about things that other crazy fans didn’t need to know about.” Nissa explained to him, realizing that he was snooping through her stuff. “Why were you going through my things?”

“You left them there, open for me to get into.”

“No Eric! I mean I don’t have anything to hide, but JESUS! I’d hope you’d trust me more than that!” he grabbed her hand trying to calm her down. She pulled it away and whispered, “How dare you try to calm me down if you were the one who got me mad in the first place?”

“Baby, I’m sorry. It’s just that I don’t want anyone and anything to come between us!”

“Really!!!!? Why don’t you tell that to your mother? I can’t stand going over to your house because she makes me feel like shit!” she shouted at him. Everyone in the restaurant looked up. She got up and went out to the car. He chased after her.

“Baby, wait!” He shouted after her as he caught up.

“Take me home! I’m so upset at you.”

“Fine, but we are going to talk this through. I don’t want you to go on your trip all upset at me.”

“Fine!” On the way back to her house we talked it out. He dropped her off at the house and he just went home. It was only 8:30 so Nissa decided to double check her suitcase. Once she was done, she checked her e-Mail.


To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 8:50pm

I just double checked my suitcase to make sure I had everything. Ha Ha Ha. Eric is not taking my trip too great. I mean we have been dating for almost 3 years and well we haven’t been apart at all. Right now we’ve hit a rough patch in our relationship. His mom, who has been a family friend since forever, is opposing to our relationship. We thought she’s support us but she isn’t. There’s something going on and I can’t put my finger on it. But anyway, she’s making our relationship a little hard. It’s putting a strain on us so now we are arguing any chance we get. He’s also showing jealousy signs. He read our last e-Mails and he questioned me about it. I’m starting to really believe that this trip will be good for the both of us. And then when I get back I have to go sit and talk to his mother. I’m tired of going over to visit and her making me feel like shit. I think I’ve been good to them. And I’ve proven myself worthy to both of them. Well, I better get shut eye. Have to be at the airport at 5 in the morning.


Nissa shut off her laptop. She put it in her backpack. She took a shower and then she laid in bed. For some reason I couldn’t fall asleep; she found herself fighting to sleep, so she got on her phone to find a reply from Nick.


To: Nissa
From: Nick
Time: 10:47pm

I’m sorry to hear all that. Yes it really does sound like there’s something going on. I mean if his mom supported you in everything, why the change of heart?
You are right the time apart will do you guys good. I know from past experiences. Don’t feel like that. Just try and talk it out with him. And make sure that you sit with his mom and ask her what’s going on.
Look if you ever need someone to talk to, here’s my number. (310)128-1980. Don’t ever feel like you are alone. Also you can text me at any time. I reply faster that way. I hope you have a safe trip!


She couldn’t believe that Nick Carter gave her his number. She was curious as to why he would do that.



To: Nick
From: Nissa
Time: 11:20pm

Nick, are you crazy? Why would you give me your number? Thank you for being there for me. You are such an amazing person. Here’s my number. (207)905-1988. Text me when you miss me. I’m kidding.
By the way, I do plan on speaking to Norma (that’s Eric’s mom) when I get back. We have to stop this non sense.


She sent the e-Mail to him. She got a reply from him.


Nick: You said to text you when I missed you. Well here it is. I already miss you. LOL.

She immediately replied.

Nissa: Smart ass. I’m glad you already miss me. You know, I love chatting with you. I just hope that we don’t go 2 years without talking.

Nick: I won’t. I Promise. Shouldn’t you be sleeping right now?

Nissa: Yes, but it’s not every day when your favorite idol gives you his number and ACTUALLY texts you.

Nick: LOL you are one of a kind, Nissa.

Nissa: Thank you. :D

Nick: Now get some rest because I for one know that when you travel you have to expect anything and everything.

Nissa: Oh alright. I’ll text you when I get down there. Have a good night.

Nick: Good Night love. I’ll be waiting for your text.

She couldn’t believe that Nick called her love and that he missed her already.