- Text Size +
Nick had fallen asleep holding Nissa. She was woken up by her phone. Patsy called to let her know that her dad was ready to be transported to the funeral home. She informed Nissa that she needed to find the outfit Nissa wanted him to wear. Nissa had to go buy him one. They agreed that Patsy would take care of everything and Nissa was gonna go take care of his suit. Nick woke up to his phone. His manager wanted to know where he had been. Nick told him that he had called at a really bad time. As soon as he hung up with his manager, he turned to Nissa. Despite of her mood and her grieving state, she couldn’t help but notice his morning glow. She had seen pictures where the idea was that he had just rolled out of bed. Boy, were they off. He was much more beautiful in real life.
“Hey baby girl” He said breaking her out of deep thought.
“Hey you.” She hopped back in bed. She was feeling a little better. “Can you go with me to the bridal shop?”
“Wait, I haven’t even proposed to you yet!” Nissa thought his eyes would pop out of his head.
“No goofy ass. I need to go get dad a tux. Better yet I’m going to the mall. I want to get him the best.”
“Of course, baby girl. I’ll go wherever you need me to.” She kissed his cheek and hopped off the bed. They got ready and headed out. They hit Holyoke mall. As she was driving, she noticed they were being followed.
“Someone is following us.”
“Yeah. I noticed. Don’t worry. maybe it’s nothing.”
“You’re probably right.” They got to the mall and got ambushed by photographers.
“Nissa is it true your dad died!?”
“Nissa, are you gonna bury him next to your mother!?”
“Nick, are you and Nissa dating!?” So many questions were shouted at us. Nick having dealt with this before, went into bodyguard mode. He was pushing them away.
Nissa has no comment at the moment. Please leave her be!” Nick told them. Nick and Nissa managed to get in the mall and do their thing. She was able to find the Armani store. The one with the pretty boy mannequins dressed up for a Sunday wedding, wearing Giorgio Armani. She was able to find this beautiful black suit. She got him a black button up and a red handkerchief for his pocket. He was gonna look handsome. They finally left the mall to find the photographers waiting for them.
“Please guys, can you answer some questions?”
“Yes it is true that he passed away. Yesterday. From cancer.
“Are you burying him next to your mother?”
“That’s enough. I’m not gonna answer any more questions.”
“Are you and Nick a thing?”
“Whaaaaaat!!!? Shit you guys have amazing imaginations.”
“Nick you tell us. Are you dating Nissa?”
“No more questions.” Nick and Nissa got on their way to the funeral home. “You do know that this isn’t gonna stop. It’s just going to get worse because now you are consider someone important.” Nick informed her.
“Yeah Nick, I know.” They drove in silence the rest of the way. They arrived. Patsy was waiting for Nissa. She handed the suit to Patsy and Patsy gave it to the worker so he could get Jeff ready.
“You’re not gonna check the suit?”
“No honey. I trust your dad will look great. You knew him best.” She hugged Nissa. “Well everything is all set here. I guess we can get with Norma and Eric and have dinner.”
“Yeah that would be great.”
“They will be done by 6:00. We can come by around 6:30 to view him. They close at 9:00. Then tomorrow we can come back at 10:00 to say our goodbyes. Then it’s off to the cemetery.”
“Thank you Patsy for being here and helping me.”
“Don’t mention it. You know you can always count on me.
“Yes” Nick, Nissa and Patsy left for the hotel rooms. She texted Eric letting him know they were gonna meet up for dinner. She turns on the news to check the weather but instead she finds the celebrity news on.
“Nissa Sohma getting cozy with Nick Carter, while her family makes arrangements for her father’s funeral!”
She wanted to scream. How could they be saying all those lies! She was so angry and hurt. But there was nothing she could do about it. And she was sorry that Nick was being dragged into it. At the same time she was glad that he was there to help her through it. He had jumped in the shower, while she got online and all she saw was the same bullshit. That she was dating Nick instead of taking care of everything. So she took to twitter.
@NissaSohma: If only those dumb idiots knew. I was buying my dad’s tux. And if it wasn’t for @BoyBanderNik, I would’ve run them over! #IdiotPhotogs
Not even 1o minutes later, the media went insane with her tweet.
“Nissa Sohma slams the papparazzi with a tweet”
At that moment, Nick came out of the shower area. And he found her laughing her ass off.
“What’d I miss?”
“Tabloids are flipping the fuck out.”
“Why?”
“After you went into the shower, I got online and they have been saying that I’m neglecting my duties to be with you. So I tweeted. Less than 10 minutes later, I was ‘Slamming’ the papparazzi, according to them. It’s a joke.”
“I know. They are stupid. But you need to get use to it. Because the more you go out now, the more they are gonna be in your business.”
“ Yep” They both finished getting ready and headed out to the restaurant.They picked up Patsy, Norma, and Eric and went back to Red Rose Pizzeria.
“Wow. this place is fancy.” Norma said.
“Yeah. They opened this way after you guys left Springfield. I believe there was a diner here.”
“Yes. I was still here when they closed it. So when I moved to Dallas, that diner was the inspiration for mine. I was heartbroken when they closed it down. This was one of our favorite hang outs. It was opened in the 50’s. It was very successful. So I don’t know why they closed it down.” The gang ate dinner. As they left to go get changed, they were bombarded by the media and their cameras. Once again Nick went into bodyguard mode.
“Nissa, has your father been laid to rest?” She answered.
“No he hasn’t!”
“Alright you guys need to leave her alone.” Nick shouted at them. They actually listened to him. They made it back to the rooms. By 6 they were all ready. Nick and Nissa headed out to pick up the rest of the gang. When they got to the funeral home, the workers were rolling Jeff out to the viewing area. They got him set up. Patsy and Norma went straight to the front and set up the flowers. The workers opened the casket. Patsy and Norma inspected him before Nissa could see him. When they both approved, Nick walked with Nissa to the front. The closer Nissa got to her dad, the weaker her knees got. She looked up at Nick, tears already forming in her eyes.
“Baby girl, if you’re not ready, you don’t have to.”
“I have to. He’s lonely.” She said sobbing. Nick hugged her tight and continued to help her to the front. Patsy came over and stood with them. Nissa laid her head on Jeff’s chest and rested her hand on his. He had a birthday card Nissa made him when she was 3. Patsy had it. Jeff had forgotten it in Dallas and she was returning it. Nissa cried, uncontrollably. All everyone could do is watch and suffer with her. When it was time to leave, Patsy and Nick tried getting her to go but she wouldn’t budge. They finally got her to go. Nick helped her into the passenger seat. Patsy gave her some Xanax to calm her down. Then, with Nick driving, they made it back. By the time they got to Norma and Eric’s room, Nissa had cried herself to sleep. She was knocked out. Patsy, Norma, Eric, and Nick got out of the car.
“I hope you guys have a good night.” Nick told Norma and Eric.
“Good night Nick.” Eric told Nick as he shook his hand. Norma hugged Nick.
“Thank you, Nick.”
“For what?”
“For being there for Nissa. She’s close to us, but she seems to be leaning on you this time.”
“I do this because I care about her. She’s been nothing but sweet with me. And she deserves the best of me.”
“Well, you’re making this a lot easier. So we thank you for that too.” Patsy chimed in.
“It’s not a problem at all.” Eric and Norma left them. Patsy and Nick got back in the car and headed back to their hotel. He dropped her off at her room.
“Do you need help carrying her in?” Patsy asked him.
“No. I’m OK thank you. You get some rest. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day.”
“Yeah, you’re right.”
“Good Night, Patsy.” He said to her, kissing her cheek and hugging her. Patsy walked into her room. Nick waited till she was safe in her room, then he got back in the car and drove around the back, where their room was. He parked, then went around to the passenger side and lifted Nissa carefully out. He carried her in. As he struggled to open the door, he noticed that they were being photographed. He finally got in and kicked the door shut. He laid her in her bed, taking her shoes off. He covered her up with the blanket. He then brushed her hair off her face and kissed her forehead. He sat next to her. He got his laptop out and checked his Twitter feed. Immediately seeing the latest gossip.
@ENewsNowandThen: Is Nick Carter taking advantage of a mourning Nissa Sohma to get in her pants?
Nick was dumbfounded. He couldn’t believe the stupid shit those fuckers were saying. He then checked what his fans were saying. They too were being hostile. But he already expected that from them. He decided to say something.
@BoyBanderNik: Miss @NissaSohma and I are just friends. I’m helping her get through a tough time. Stop Harassing her!!!!!!!
After that tweet, fans were supporting them. Every so often there was the hateful reply. He then decided to log off and work on mixing a song he was working on. Every so often he would look at Nissa and admire how beautiful she was. He knew that it was the wrong time to be thinking about that but he couldn’t help it. It must mean something when she was giving him inspiration. He worked on the song until his eyes couldn’t take it anymore.
The following morning, Nissa woke up at the crack of dawn. She was a little disoriented. But the moment she looked over at Nick, she came to. She was so glad to have him there. Although she had the others, she didn’t know how she’d be if Nick wasn’t there. She hopped in the shower. Nick woke up when he heard the shower running. Nick checked the time. It was 7:30. Nick got back on his Twitter. He was overwhelmed with many tweets from supporting fans all over the world. He tweeted them back.
@BoyBanderNik:Thank you everyone. For the kind words. @NissaSohma and I Appreciate it.
Nissa got out of the shower to find Nick logging out.
“Good Morning.” she told Nick. He was surprised to see her like that.
“Good Morning baby girl. How are you feeling?”
“I’m better.”
“That’s really good!” He got in the shower. She logged on to check her stuff. All her mom’s fans and Nick’s were tweeting their condolences. Nissa was overwhelmed by all the love she was getting from them. She tweeted:
@NissaSohma: Thank you for all the love and support.
She then posted the last picture she took with her father. They were standing in front of the tree. She got off her computer and got dressed. Nick came out of the shower and got dressed. Then he stood in front of the mirror to fix his hair. Wearing nothing but sweatpants. Nissa stared at him.
“You smell so good!”
“Thank you.” He looked puzzled. He wasn’t expecting that. He licked his lips. He tended to do that when he was nervous or went into shy mode. Believe it or not, even though he was a big public star, he got shy all the time. He just knew how to get out of it. Nissa was thinking about what was about to happen that day. Nick looked at her through the mirror as he was finishing up his hair. He knew exactly what was going through her mind.
“Baby girl, it’s going to be fine.”
“I know. I’m just having a hard time accepting it.” Nick got done with his hair. He then walked to her.
“Come here.” He pulled her into an embrace.
“Mmmm, Nick thank you for being here. Your hugs make me feel so much better.” Nissa told him, falling deep into that embrace.
“I’m glad I can help in any way I can.”
“You’ve been great. Thank you!” They headed out. Picked up the gang and headed to the funeral home. Nissa went straight to her dad.
“Morning, daddy. I won’t say ‘Good Morning’ because right now I’m so bitter and I can’t see what’s so good about it. I know that I had you longer than what was expected, but I still can’t comprehend losing you. I know that you are in a better place with Mama, so I will make the effort to live my life to the fullest. That’s my promise to you and Mama. I love you so much.” She kissed his forehead and stepped away. Patsy, Norma, and Eric said their last goodbyes. Once they did, the funeral home workers got Jeff ready to transport to the cemetery. As they were carrying him out, Nissa walked out holding on to Nick. Patsy and Norma on either side of Eric. Photographers snapping away. They followed them to the cemetery.
“I can’t believe they are here, stupid idiots.” Nissa whispered to Nick.
“I know. Just ignore them.” The grave diggers put the coffin in place to lower it down. They wanted to bury Jeff after everyone had left. But Nissa refused.
“You will bury him in front of us because I don’t trust you guys for shit!” She said angrily. They proceeded to do what they were told to do. But as they got to the shoveling, dirt into the grave, Nissa panicked. She realized how final it was. She broke out in tears. She cried until they buried him completely. The gang went back to the car.
“I’ll be there in a minute.” Nissa told them. She turned to the graves. “I’m sorry mom and dad. I didn’t mean to break. I know I promised to be strong but I couldn’t. Nevertheless, here you guys are. Together again. I hope that you will keep each other warm. I love you guys.” Nissa met up with the rest of the gang. They all went to have lunch one last time are Red Rose Pizzeria. They were all in a good cheery mood.
“I want to make a toast. I want to thank all 4 of you for being here for me. I’d be lost without you all. Lastly, I want to raise my glass to all the memories we all have of dad.” They all clinked their glasses.
“So Nissa, what are your plans now?” Eric asked.
“I have to go purchase his headstone. Gonna see if I could get one with both their names and replace the one mom has now. Then I’ll go home. I know you guys gotta go back to your lives. I will be OK.
“I’ll stay with you.” Nick told her.
“If you want to, that’s fine with me.” They laughed and had a good lunch. After that Norma, Eric, and Patsy went to pack their things. They were leaving that night. When they got ready, Nissa and Nick took them to the airport. Patsy went back to Dallas. Eric and Norma went back to Friendship. Nick and Nissa went to the place where they sold headstones. She commissioned it.
“So when is it coming in?” She asked the lady working there.
“It should be here in 5 to 7 days. I will give you a call as soon as it gets in so you can inspect it. When you approve, we’ll install it.”
“Great. That sounds like a plan.” Nick and Nissa took off. Nissa took him to the willow tree.
“What’s this baby girl?”
“This is where mom and dad’s love story started.” She told Nick the same story Jeff told her. She explained the carvings and such.
“Why are you telling me this?”
“I just thought I’d share a piece of me with you.”
“That’s very sweet of you. I will always cherish that.”
“I’m starving. We should grab some food.”
“Yes we should. What are you feeling for?”
“How about chinese?”
“Perfect. No one makes chinese food like they do here in New England.” They went back to the room and ordered take out. When they were finished, Nissa cleaned up the room a little. Packed all her dad’s things. She planned on taking them back with her. Nick went to the front desk to pay for another week. Nissa got done with what she was doing and logged on. She read all of Nick’s tweet and all the responses they got. She was moved by all the messages. She stopped to think about Nick. She was thinking about how when she met him all she felt was fanatic infatuation. And how in the 6 years they had been talking, she started to feel something more than just fan love. She figured it was the fact that he had let her into his life. He was honest with her. And he had been nothing but amazing with her. Nick came back. He had found Nissa in deep thought.
“Hey. What’s on your mind?” He asked her, waking her from her trance.
“Oh nothing.” She laughed nervously. Wondering if he could tell what she had been thinking about.
“OK? You seemed to be in another world.”
“I was reading all the tweets. Thank you for being so great with me.” He thought, if she only knew. Nissa had him at hello when they met 6 years ago. When he had left Dallas after that date, he felt melancholy for a reason. The question was… should he tell her what he felt. He thought about it but he wasn’t too sure if it was the right time.
“You’re welcome baby girl.” Nissa threw her arms around his neck. He wrapped his around her waist. She held him really close. She let go and looked up into his blue eyes. He looked down into hers. She was so close to kissing him but she backed away.
“Sorry. I didn’t mean to do that.”
“It’s OK, Gummy Bear.”
“Gummy Bear!!!!!?”
“I saw you eating them a while back. Did you know that you eat them when you’re really sad or stressed?”
“No I didn’t know.” She smiled at him. They both talked for the rest of the night. They spent 5 out of those 7 days in the room, getting to know each other. Nissa learned so many things about Nick Carter that in her opinion, only a man’s wife should know. Things so personal and scandalous that she thought he’d have to kill her after he was done talking with her. They were enjoying themselves so much that they forgot why they were still in Springfield. Until her phone rang one afternoon.
“Nissa? Hi this is Jo from Headstones Inc.”
“Yes hi. How are you?
“I’m fine thank you. I’m calling to let you know that the Sohma/Hernandez headstone is in. You can come at your convenience to inspect it.”
“Thank you so much.” Nissa got off the phone. “The headstone came in!”
“Great. Let’s go check it out. But I’ll drive.”
“OK?” She said with a puzzled look. Nick drove there and they checked out the stone.
“I love it. It’s more that I expected.”
“I’m glad you like it.” Jo said, satisfied with Nissa’s satisfaction. “So we will go ahead and work on it today. It won’t take long to take the little stone out and install the new one.”
“Thank you so so much.”
“You’re welcome. You can come out there tomorrow. It will be done by then.”
“Thank you.” They got back to the car. Nick drove them to the tree. Nissa was confused.
“What are we doing here?”
“Nissa, I don’t even know where to start.” He told her as they got out of the car.
“Are you alright?”
“Yes Gummy Bear.”
“So what is it?” They walked to the tree. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Once they got to the tree. He traced the date that Jeff and Jazmine began to date.
“Nissa, you and I have been talking for 6 years. And well we’ve gotten to know each other so much.”
“Yes, that’s true.”
“Well Nissa, I’ve been thinking about how much I think about you. When I’m not with you I feel weird. Like something is off.
“Nick, I don’t know what to say.” Nissa interrupted. He grabbed her hands in his. Kissed them then looked at her.
“What I’m trying to say is that I want us to be together. Give us a try. That’s if it is alright with you, Gummy Bear.”
“I’m speechless. In the time that we’ve been talking, you’ve let me into your heart. And I know how hard that is for you. I appreciate it and because you’ve been like that with me, I’ve been able to be vulnerable with you. I’ve never been like that with anyone besides my family. Not even when I was dating Eric. Because I feel like that, I would love for us to give it a try.” Nick lit up. He wrapped his arms around her waist, picked her up and spun her around. She had her arms around his neck. She kissed his lips. He put her back down. Her hands were on his face as she continued kissing him. “The only thing that I’m worried about is that I’m 22 and you’re 43.”
“So?”
“Wouldn’t that sour your career?”
“Gummy Bear, no matter what I do I will always have the unhappy fans. I’ve said this before, age is but a number.”
“I know Nicky. I hope that the fans don’t completely hate me.”
“You’ll be fine. So let’s carve our initials and the date. That’s why I brought you here. So we could start a new tradition.”
“I love that. Thank you!” Nissa kissed him once more.
“Mmmm, I could get use to this.” Nick told her. He was so happy. At that point he was thinking about his failed relationship. And as he looked into Nissa’s eyes he saw hope. They carved their initials and the date on the willow tree. Once they were done they had dinner and went back to the hotel room.