- Text Size +
Story Notes:
If reading, please leave a review!
"As we go on, We remember, All the times we, Had together.
And as our lives change, Come whatever, We will still be, Friends Forever"- Vitamin C


Principal George Wexler
cordially invites you and yours
to
The
Hilridge High School
Class of 2010
Commencement Ceremony
Friday, June 4, 2010
Hilridge High School Auditorium
6 PM PST


Parents lingered around the auditorium, waiting for the ceremony to start. Harry paced back and forth flipping his notecards in his hands and going over his speech in his head. He stood in a classroom with the other kids, waiting to be lined up and head out to the auditorium. Bradley snapped a picture of Neilson and Natalie with her cellphone, he then switched places with Neilson, wrapping his arm around Natalie and smiled as Neilson took a picture.

"Harry" Natalie said to him.

"Huh?" he asked

"Mind taking a picture for me?" she asked.

"Course not" he said taking her phone, she wrapped her arms around Bradley and Neilson. "Smile" Harry said as they smiled "Got it" he said handing her phone back to her.

"Oh, Kyle" she said to him.

"What's up?" he asked holding his graduation cap in his hand.

"Can I get a picture with you and Harry?" she asked.

"Yeah sure" he said.

She handed her phone back to Bradley "Ready?" he asked "Smile" he said as they smile "Got it" he said handing it back to her.

"Alright everyone, time to line up" a teacher said coming into the room.

"This is it" Natalie said to them.

"Let's go" Neilson said wrapping his arm around her shoulders as they all filed out of the room.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, will you please take your seats"�a voice boomed over the room as people began to flood into the seats.

"Hard to believe huh?" Christina asked as she took a seat next to Kellie.

"I know...never thought this day would come so soon" Kellie said to her. "Harry ready for his big speech?" Kellie asked Christina as they sat together in the auditorium.

"He is so nervous, but I know he'll do a great job, to give him some inspiration on what to say I showed him the tape of my speech from our graduation."

"My god" Kellie said.

"I know" Christina said laughing "Speaking of which" Christina said fishing into her clutch purse "Remember this?" she asked handing Kellie a polaroid picture of them all on their graduation day.

"Look at that" Kellie said laughing "Feels like another lifetime" Kellie said to her.

"Oh I found this one too" Christina said handing her another polaroid picture of them all.

"We had horrible tastes in clothes" Kellie said to her.

"Glad those days are over."

"Mm..when was this?" Kellie asked.

"Date should be on the back" Christina said to her.

Written in marker on the other side was 'January '91'

Pomp and Circumstance began to play as kids filed in and took their seats on stage.�

�Good afternoon everyone, I am proud to welcome you to the commencement ceremony of two thousand and ten�. �Every single one of our graduates have worked very hard to get to this day, which would not be possible without any of you, at this time I would like to present our class valedictorian, also head of student council, member of the school newspaper and debate team, Harrison Drake Dorough�.

Harry stepped up to the podium and cleared his throat.
�"Hi" he said nervously, Everyone laughed "Thanks" he said grinning sheepishly. "Anyways uh well welcome to graduation, I guess none of you saw this coming...well I mean it was going to happen sooner or later..." he said looking out into the audience, he looked behind him and saw Adam making a slicing motion across his throat, Kyle elbowed him hard in the chest.

Harry cleared his throat again "Sorry, uh, good afternoon everyone��We entered this world eighteen years ago, our parents dreamt of this day ever since we were born, maybe even before...�. Kellie glanced at the picture once more before flipping it over and re-reading the date. She turned her attention to the stage where she saw Kyle, he nodded her way and she blew him a kiss. She turned back to the date on the picture and smiled to herself.