- Text Size +
The clock ticked loudly as Sasha and her parents sat in silence at the kitchen table.

"If you're going to yell at me just do it already" Sasha said sadly.

"Sasha" Kathleen sighed.

"Hey" Shawn said coming in from outside "Whoa...who died?" he asked going to the refrigerator "Did someone really die?" he asked noticing their silence.

"No" Kathleen said irritated.

"Oh...then what is it?" Shawn asked.

"Sasha...she's pregnant" Craig said to him.

"No" Shawn said in disbelief.

"Afraid so" Kathleen said.

Shawn rushed off into the basement and came back up with a metal baseball bat.

"What are you doing?!" Sasha asked nervously seeing the bat clenched tightly in his hands.

"Shawn!" Craig barked as Shawn charged towards the back door "Put that down!" he said grabbing the bat from him "What is the matter with you?" he asked.

"Me?!" Shawn asked.

"Shawn go upstairs" Kathleen said to him sternly.

"But..." Shawn argued.

"Go!" Craig yelled again.

"Honey we need to talk about all this" Kathleen said holding Sasha's hands.

"How did this happen?!" Craig asked angrily.

"Craig! Honey what your father means is...how could you let this happen? Especially when you've watched this happen to three of your friends" Kathleen asked her.

"God mom this is obviously something I didn't plan" Sasha said irritated "I didn't let it happen to me okay it just did" she said wiping her nose "I can't deal with you guys right now" she said getting up and leaving the table.

"Sasha!" Craig said as she left "We just can't let her leave" he said to Kathleen.

"Just give her some time to herself" Kathleen said to him.

"What are we going to do about this Kathleen?" he asked.

"It’s not up to us" she said to him.

"She's sixteen years old, she's a child, we're her parents, of course it is up to us!" he said angrily.

"Craig! Whatever decision Sasha makes we will support her because that's what parents do" Kathleen said.


~*~



"Have a nice day" Vicki said to a customer as the cash register dinged, the door opened and Sasha came inside.

"Hey" she said sitting at the counter, her eyes red and blotchy.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Vicki asked coming out from behind the counter.

"You have a minute? I just really need to talk to someone" Sasha said whimpering.

"Yeah of course" Vicki said leading her towards a booth in the back "What's going on? Why are you so upset?" Vicki asked.

"I'm pregnant" Sasha said sadly.

"...I'm sorry...what?" Vicki asked.

"I just found out" Sasha said to her.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Vicki asked.

"Of course not!" Sasha said as she began to cry again.

Vicki sat in the booth with her and hugged her "I'm so sorry...I don't know what to say" Vicki said to her "But I know someone who might" Vicki said to her.

Kellie pulled her sunglasses off as she came into the diner "Where is she?" she asked Vicki, who was back behind the counter, she nodded towards the back. She walked closer, putting her had on Sasha's shoulder, Sasha looked up to see Kellie with a sympathetic look on her face, she broke down once again as Kellie held her tightly.

"I know it doesn't seem like much now, but everything's going to be alright" Kellie said to her.


~*~



"You sure about this?" Vicki asked as she and Sasha walked down the street.

"Yeah, if I don't do it now, I'll never do it" Sasha said to her.

They approached Brian's driveway where he and Nick were engaged in a basketball game with Jason.

"Hey, there's my girl" Brian said to Vicki as they kissed.

"Hey" Nick said happily to Sasha "You okay?" he asked.

"Uh not really...we need to talk" Sasha said to him "In private" Sasha said to him.

"What's up?" Nick asked.

"You can use the garage if you want" Brian said to them.

"Come on" Sasha said leading Nick towards the garage, he passed the ball over to Jason.

"What's going on?" Jason asked.

"Nothing you need to be worried about" Vicki said to him "You know Em's been looking for you all day" she said to him.

"Big surprise" Jason said.

"She's pissed" Vicki said to him.

"What else is new?" Jason asked.

"She had a milkshake" Vicki said to him.

"Oh no" Jason said fearfully "I got to go" he said thowing the ball down and running away.

Brian and Vicki watched Nick and Sasha from the driveway, they saw his face gloss over with confusion and dread.

"I don't...I... help me out here" Nick said to Sasha.

"I know, I know it's...insane...but it's true...we're going to have a baby" Sasha said.

"oh God" Nick groaned, hiding his face in his hands. "well what do we do? I mean...what do we do?" he asked nervously "I mean we can get this taken care of right?"

"Are you asking me what I think you are?" Sasha asked in disbelief.

"Sash come on..." she looked at him with disbelief and anger before stalking of "Sasha, Sash!"

"What did you say to her?" Vicki asked.

"Nothing...I..." he said as she went after Sasha.

"Sash!" Vicki called after her.


~*~



"I am seriously trying so hard not to beat you right now" Brian said as he and Nick sat in his bedroom.

"Well come on! What if it were Vicki? What if she just showed up one day and told you she was pregnant?" Nick asked.

"I would handle it a hell of a lot better than that!" Brian said to him.

"Oh you would not" Nick said.

"Okay fine, you're right if it were me, I would be just as dumbfounded as you are but I still wouldn't say something like that to her!" Brian said to him.

"What have I done?" he asked "What did I just do? I may have just driven her away for good" Nick groaned.

"You got to talk to her" Brian said.

"I know...this is crazy...I can't be a parent...look at mine! they're not exactly the best examples" Nick said.

"Got that right" Brian said under his breath.

"Gee thanks" Nick said irritated.

"Sorry, you know what I mean" Brian said to him.

"You know I don't know how the other guys are handling this" Nick said.

"They were freaked out at first too" Brian said.

"I know but now they're totally cool with it! How?!" Nick asked.

"I don't know maybe they just accepted that it's reality...which is what you need to do" Brian said to him.

"What do I do? how do I fix this? Do I ask her to marry me?" Nick asked puzzled.

"It wouldn't hurt, but AJ tried that with Miss and it didn't go so well" Brian said.

"I have to fix this, I'm not going to lose her, and I'm sure as hell not going to run out on my kid" Nick said standing up.

"Don't tell me" Brian said.

"Right, I'm going to go find her" Nick said as he left the room.


~*~



"Here" Vicki said handing Sasha a glass of ginger ale.

"Thanks" Sasha said taking it from her and taking a sip.

"You okay?" Vicki asked concerned.

"I don't know; my head is spinning" Sasha said to her "I just...don't want to think anymore" she said.

"Sash? Sash!" Nick yelled jogging up Vicki's driveway and coming into the backyard.

"I don't want to talk to you" Sasha said to him.

"Sash, please, hear me out" Nick said pleading to her.

"I'll be inside" Vicki said getting up from the swing and going back into the house.

"If you don't want to be part of this baby's life that's fine, just say so, you won't have to do anything" Sasha said to him.

"Sash, please just listen to me" he said "I am so sorry about what I said earlier, I was just...I was freaked out" he said sadly.

"And I'm not?!" she asked "I'm the one who's going to be pregnant remember? I'm the one carrying the baby, I'm the one who's going to give birth, so tell me who has more of a right to be freaked out? Me or you?!" she asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" he said kneeling in front of her "I can't believe I said that to you, I didn't mean it, you have to believe that" he said to her. "I love you, I've been in love with you since I was ten, if I lost you...I don't know what'd I do without you."

"You're not going to lose me, as long as you accept that this is our life now, you, me...and our baby" he took her hand and squeezed it tightly.

"That's all I want" he said as they hugged tightly.

"And uh...I'd stay away from my house for a while" she said.

"Your dad wants to kill me huh?" he asked.

"And my brothers...and my mom..." she said to him.

"Yeah I can only imagine what my parents are going to say" he said to her.

"Do we have to tell them?" she asked "Because I really don't think they'd notice if we didn't" she said to him.

"It's worth a shot" he said to her.

~*~


Vicki's alarm sounded as she rolled over in her bed and slapped the clock to make it stop beeping. She sat up and felt a pounding in her head.

"Morning" she said to Lizzie as she went down to the kitchen.

"Morning sweetheart, early shift today?" Lizzie asked.

"Yeah Shawna needed me to fill in for her" Vicki said "Do we have any aspirin?" she asked looking in a cabinet.

"Something wrong?" Lizzie asked taking slices of bread from the toaster.

"My head is killing me" Vicki said popping two aspirin in her mouth.

"breakfast?" Lizzie asked holding up the plate of toast.

"Can't going to be late, I'll see you later" Vicki said running out of the house.

"Bye!" Lizzie called out.

Marla passed by the bathroom, she could hear sounds of retching inside, she knocked "Vicki? honey, you okay?" she asked.

The toilet flushed and the door opened "Yeah I think I'm okay" she said wiping her mouth with a piece of toilet paper.

"You sick?" Marla asked holding the back of her hand up to Vicki's forehead.

"No, I'm alright" Vicki said.

"Why don't you go home and get some rest?" Marla asked her.

"No, Marla, really I'm okay" Vicki said to her. She then clamped her hand over her mouth and ran back into the bathroom, the door slamming behind her.

She sat at the counter, Marla slid a glass over to her "Thanks" she said taking a drink. "It's warm" she said grimacing.

"I know" Marla said to her "It's better that way trust me, how do you feel now?" she asked.

"A little better" Vicki said to her.

"Vicki, you know you can't be handling the food if you're sick" Marla said to her.

"I know, I know, I promise I'm not sick" Vicki groaned in irritation.

"So the throwing up is for my benefit?" Marla asked her "Honey, go home, get some rest" Marla said.

"But I'm..." Vicki insisted.

"Go!" Marla said to her pointing towards the door.

"Only because you asked so nicely" Vicki said grabbing her purse.