- Text Size +
Vicki sat cuddled up on her bed, a pillow squeezed tightly against her, tears still trickling down her cheeks. There was a soft tapping from the French doors, she stood up from the bed and opened them.

"Hey" Brian said coming inside.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" she asked wiping her tears away.

"I told my parents" he said to her.

"Oh great" she said sadly "How'd they take it?" she asked.

"Well there was a lot of yelling involved" he said to her "a lot of 'What were you thinking, how could you do this to that poor girl'" he said "And then they sent me to my room" he said to her. "They finally locked themselves in their room so I snuck over while I could" he said to her. "What about you? how'd your mom take it?" he asked, her face scrunched up and she began to sob.

“She hates me" Vicki said sobbing "She locked herself in her room, she won't talk to me...what am I going to do?" she asked.

“Come here” Brian said opening his arms, he wrapped them around her, holding her tightly as she cried on his shoulder. "Everything's going to be okay" he said to her "No matter what our parents do or say, we have each other and that's all that matters" he said kissing her head.

"I love you so much" she said.

"I love you too" he said kissing her head once more, running his fingers through her hair. “I don’t know if this is the right time or not but uh…I kinda have to ask you something” he said.

“What is it?” Vicki asked she looked at him with her tear stained face and blood shot eyes, he wiped the last few tears away from her face.

He knelt on the floor and took her hand in his "I love you Vicki” he said “You are everything to me, I love you more than anything else in this entire world and I can't think of anything I'd rather do than spend my life with you... will you marry me?” he asked.

“Baby” she said.

“So?” he asked.

"Get up" she said to him, pulling on his hand.

"Is that a yes or a no?" he asked.

"I love you too, I love you so so much and I would be lying if I said that I didn't picture us getting married one day” she said, still holding his hand.

“Okay..." he said confused.

"But come on, you know we can't get married now, and especially not just because we're having a baby" she said to him. "If we ever do decide to get married I want it to be because we love each other and that reason only" she said to him.

"Okay" he said.

"I'm sorry" she said.

"No, don't be sorry, I'm an idiot I just..." he said.

"No, that was so sweet, you don't know how much I appreciate it" she said, they kissed.

The door opened and Lizzie stood there, startling them.

“Oh boy” he said fearfully “I’m leaving, please don’t kill me” he said to Lizzie as she glared daggers at him. “I’ll call you later” he said quickly kissing Vicki and opening the door to the balcony.

“It’s not as bad as it looks okay, he just came here to talk” Vicki said.

"I brought you some tea” Lizzie said setting a steaming mug down on her nightstand “How do you feel?"

"I'd be a lot better if you didn't hate me" Vicki said to her.

"Honey, I don't hate you" Lizzie said to her "Am I disappointed? Sure but I could never hate you" she said squeezing her face "I'm sorry I acted the way I did."

"Stop apologizing you have every right to be angry, you trusted me and I let you down" Vicki said to her.

"You know when I was your age, I knew a couple girls who got…in trouble” Lizzie said “They all disappeared during the school year, they told people they went to stay with a relative or went on vacation but…you know how people talk” she said. “Soon everyone knew what happened, what I remember most is how absolutely miserable they looked once they came back” Lizzie said.

“That what’s going to happen to me? You going to send me to ‘grandma and grandpa’s’ for the next few months?” Vicki asked.

“No” Lizzie said “You see back then it was all about protecting the family reputation and saving them from shame, those girls didn't have a choice in the matter.”
“Honey, I love you…but I can’t make this decision for you, I want you to do what’s right for you” she said holding her hands.

Vicki nodded "I want to keep my baby" she said.

“Then...that's what we'll do" Lizzie said.

"Mom" Vicki said hugging her "I love you" she said.

"I love you too" Lizzie said.


~*~



"Hey" Kevin said as he opened the door.

"Hey" Brian said sullenly.

"You're back, how was Jason's beach house?" Kevin asked.

"It was alright I guess" Brian said with a heavy sigh.

"What's wrong?" Kevin asked.

"Meet the fifth and hopefully final member of your little club" Brian said plopping himself down on Kevin's couch.

"No..." Kevin said.

"Yeah, Vicki told me while we were at the beach" Brian groaned, placing his hands over his face.

"When did it happen?" Kevin asked sitting across from him.

"After the Poison concert" Brian said running his fingers through his hair.

"Wow...didn't know they were that good" Kevin said "You tell your parents?" he asked.

"Oh yeah" Brian said "I'm not even supposed to be out of the house right now" he said.

"You okay?" Kevin asked leaning forward in his chair.

"I'm numb" Brian said to him.

"Yeah I know the feeling" Kevin said to him.

"I asked Vicki to marry me" Brian said sitting up and leaning forward.

"Huh must run in the family, I asked Kel to marry me when I first found out, she turn you down?" Kevin asked, Brian nodded sadly.

"She said that if we do ever get married she wants to be because we're in love not because we're two stupid teenagers" he said.

"Sound reason" Kevin said "well...welcome to the club...I wish it was a fun place to be" he said.

"Were we all absent the day they taught us about condoms in sex ed or what?" Brian asked.

"Must've been" Kevin said cracking a smile.

"I hadn't been with Vicki for almost a month...and she was wearing this pink nightgown thing...I wasn't thinking about anything else" Brian said to him.

"Kel was wearing my football jersey" Kevin said nodding.

"Ooh, nice" Brian said.

"Yeah" Kevin said "Speaking of which" he said getting up from the couch "Check this out" he said handing him a sonogram picture.

"Wow" Brian said "Getting bigger" he said looking at the blurry image.

"Yep, that's my boy right there" Kevin said proudly.

"A boy huh? Congratulations" Brian said.

"Thanks, yep that's little Kyle" Kevin said.

"Kyle?" Brian asked.

"It was either that or Kale" Kevin said to him.

"Isn't that a vegetable?" Brian asked confused.

"Thank you!” Kevin said.


~*~



The doorbell at Sasha's house rang, she opened the door and saw Melissa.

"Hey" she said standing on the front porch.

"Hey, what brings you by?" Sasha asked.

"I have a present for you" Melissa said handing her a gift bag, Sasha sifted through the tissue paper and pulled out a book.

"Aw, a book of baby names" she said.

"Kel gave it to Chris, then Chris gave it to me, so now I'm giving it to you" Melissa said to her.

"Well thank you" Sasha said hugging her.

“I also come bearing gossip” Melissa said.

“Ooh, even better, dish” Sasha said intrigued.

“Well, number 1, Kev and Kel found out the sex of the baby… it’s a boy" Melissa said to her.

"Aww, they must be so excited” Sasha gushed.

“Kel is deliriously happy” Melissa said “Oh…and…it seems our friend Vicki is the newest member of our little club" she said patting her stomach.

"What?!” Sasha asked “No way" she said in disbelief.

"Way" Melissa said to her.

"How did that happen?" Sasha asked.

“The same way it happened when you and I did it” Melissa said to her.

“No, I mean when?” Sasha asked.

"Supposedly after the Poison concert, Bri’s parents were out of town so she spent the night over there" Melissa said to her.

"My god" Sasha said "And here I thought she was the smart one" she said.

"She is smart but she's still human" Melissa said to her.

"Five babies..." Sasha said.

“I know…care to make it interesting?” Melissa asked.

“I don’t think it can get more interesting than this” Sasha said to her.

“I will bet you…” Melissa said digging into their pocket and pulling out a dollar bill “Ten dollars that we all end up having boys” she said.

"That would be a twisted joke" Sasha said.

“Put up or shut up” Melissa said to her.

Sasha walked into the kitchen and came out with two five dollar bills “I’m in but I’m betting that at least one or two of us will have a girl” Sasha said.

“Deal” Melissa said as they shook hands.


~*~



The summer was soon coming to an end, a new school year loomed ahead of them all.

"Alright keep 'em closed" Kevin said holding his hands over Kellie's eyes.

"Okay" she said.

"Alright, open" he said putting his hands down.

She opened her eyes and gasped "Oh my god" she said happily.

The room was a pale blue, light sand wood furniture filled up the spaces, a giant letter K hung on the wall. A rocking chair sat in a corner covered in stuffed animals.

"I love it" she said hugging him "How'd you do all this?" she asked.

"Not just me, I had some help, your dad and your brother"

"My dad and my brother actually helped you with this?" she asked surprised.

"As a matter of fact yes" he said "It was good...helped me forget about the past couple weeks" he said sadly.

She lied her head on his shoulder "I wish your dad got to meet his grandson."

He nodded sadly "So do I" he said brushing tears away.

"You know...if you want to name the baby after him...we can" she said holding his hand.

"I would love it but I know you have your heart set on the name Kyle" he said.

"But this is so much more important" she said.

"It's fine" he said to her.

"I can't believe how close it's getting" she said putting her hand on her stomach.

"Just two more months" he said to her "And then the next eighteen years" he said looking down "You ready?" he asked.

"Not really" she said.

"Me either" he said to her "Hey at least school starts next week" he said to her, she whined and hid her face in his chest.