- Text Size +
And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day


“Kel…Kellie” Kevin said getting her attention.

“Huh?” she asked looking around confused.

“You okay? You’ve been spacing out for the past couple minutes” he said.

“Oh yeah, sorry, just thinking” she said “All those years ago being a scared teenager, not knowing if we could be parents or not” she said to him.

“Seems like another lifetime huh?” he asked.

“It does” she said.

“For some of us, these past couple years had been some of our hardest…we’ve had to grow up much faster than expected but with the strength and encouragement from those closest to us, we were able to make it through and be standing here before you.” “In preparation for today I was lucky enough to have my mom show me the speech she gave at her own graduation and in her speech she talked about how I was her hope for the future, how one day she wished to be sitting where I was, watching me get my diploma and I'm proud to say she is" Harry said.

Tears fell down Christina's cheeks, Howie reached over and squeezed her hand tightly as they smiled at each other. Christina blew her nose and dabbed away the mascara tears from her face.

“And she was right, all we can give right now is hope, hope for the future, thank you" Harry said as he walked away from the podium. Everyone clapped as he took his seat behind principal Wexler.

Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of that night in June
I didn't know much of love
But it came too soon
And there was me and you
And then we got real blue
Stay at home talking on the telephone
And we would get so excited and we'd get so scared
Laughing at ourselves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels


“Thank you Harry, very well said…and now it is time for the moment we’ve all been waiting for, the conferring of diplomas, as I call your name, please come up and accept your diploma” Principal Wexler said returning to the podium.

"Natalie Arielle Cappel" Principal Wexler announced as Natalie made her way towards him, taking her diploma from him and shaking his hand. She turned her tassel to the other side of her cap, Neilson grabbed her and held her tightly, giving her a kiss.
.
As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever


"Neilson Frederick Carter" Principal Wexler announced as Neilson made his way towards him, Nick and Sasha applauded proudly, tears trickling down Sasha’s cheeks as she smiled. Neilson shook his hand, took his diploma, pulled his tassel to the other side of his cap and made his way back to his seat, Natalie then threw her arms around him as they kissed.

So if we get the big jobs
And we make the big money
When we look back now
Will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule
Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?
I keep, keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels


"Harrison Drake Dorough" Harry came up from behind and shook principal Wexler's hand, accepting his diploma, he then moved his tassel to the other side of his cap. Howie and Christina applauded him, Howie recording on his phone, Christina wiped tears away from her face.

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us around?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly


"Bradley Jason Nickolas Littrell" Bradley came to the front of the stage, accepting his diploma and shaking principal Wexler's hand.

“I can’t believe this is happening” Vicki said tearfully as they applauded him

“yep…we did it, we got him through high school” Brian said to her.

Bradley stopped as Neilson grabbed him into a hug, he then picked Natalie off of her feet and set her down.

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever


"Adam John McLean" Adam made his way towards principal Wexler and shook his as he received his diploma.

Melissa sobbed as he walked across the stage “come here, it’s okay” AJ said holding her “hey, at least we’re not grandparents” he said when she began to cry harder.

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever


"Kyle Michael Richardson" principal Wexler announced, Kyle made his way to the front of the stage, shaking his hand and taking his diploma.

“So, would you change it? You know if we could go back and do things differently?” Kevin asked.

Kellie looked at him and smiled “Not one thing” she said.

"Ladies and gentlemen it is my pleasure to present the Hilridge High School graduating class of two-thousand and ten" Principal Wexler announced to everyone, they then took their caps off and pitched them up into the air.

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever