- Text Size +
April 2010

Mr. Wexler marched down the hallway, students passing him by, stopping at Bradley and Neilson who stood by the lockers. "Mr. Littrell...Mr. Carter...why are you two loitering in my hallway?" he asked, they looked at each other amused.

"Can you think of a better place to loiter Mr. Wexler?" Bradley asked.

"Parking lot's a good place to loiter" Neilson said to him.

"Sweet, we'll go there" Bradley said as they began to walk away.

"Where are you two supposed to be right now?" Mr. Wexler asked.

"Where are any of us supposed to be if you think about it?" Neilson asked, Bradley snickered.

"Well while I have you two here I might as well get this out of the way, even I have to admit what a good job you did DJ'ing the Halloween dance" Mr. Wexler said to Bradley.

"You mean before I was drugged, kidnapped and almost roasted?" Bradley asked.

"...Yes" Mr. Wexler said "And as I'm sure you are both aware that the prom is less than a month away...".

"Well that's really nice Wexie but you're not really my type" Bradley said to him.

"What did I tell you about calling me that?" Mr. Wexler asked irritated "Anyways, the prom committee came up short again this year."

"Can't imagine why...hey how are you enjoying that new car of yours?" Neilson asked.

Mr. Wexler glared at him "Anyways..." Mr. Wexler said turning his attention back to Bradley "I was hoping you would be able to handle the music for the prom."

"Meh, sure, what the hell" Bradley said "Not like I have a date or anything, might as well make some money" Bradley said shrugging.

"Bradley I already told you we don't have the money for a professional, how am I supposed to pay you?" he asked.

"Alright fine...I'll let this one slide but only because I'm a nice guy" Bradley said to him.

"Wonderful" Mr. Wexler said "And I must say nothing makes me happier than the thought of you two graduating...I still can't believe it's actually happening" he muttered walking away.

"He's really going to miss having us around here" Neilson said.

"Yeah there's been a lot of good times here...except you know the time I got shot...hey, what the hell does loiter mean?" Bradley asked.

"I was confused by that too" Neilson said to him.

"Huh" they both said before walking down the hallway.

“Speaking of prom” Neilson said as they walked towards their next class, you know that story Nat told us about her mom winning prom queen?” he asked.

“Oh yeah how’s it going with you guys since you got back together?” Bradley asked.

“Great” Neilson said to him “It’s like nothing ever happened, it’s amazing” Neilson said “Feels weird to say it but you guys sleeping together really made a difference” he said to Bradley.

“…Glad I could help?” Bradley asked.

“Yeah anyways, I stole a bunch of those nomination slips and stuffed the ballot box with them” Neilson said.

“You nominated her for prom queen?” Bradley asked.

“You can’t believe how easy it was” Neilson said to him "Is she going to love me or what?" Neilson asked.

"Didn't she say she could care less about being prom queen?" Bradley asked.

"Yeah she said that but you know she didn't mean it" he said.

"She finds out she's going to kill you" Bradley said as they walked into a classroom.

"Well she won't find out...will she?" Neilson asked suspiciously as they took their seats.

"Not going to hear about it from me" Bradley said.

"Good afternoon students, our final nominees for the king and queen of this year's senior prom are as followed..." principal Wexler said. "Our nominees for prom king are...Bradley J. Littrell..."

"What the hell?" Bradley asked, he looked at Neilson who bit his bottom lip trying to contain his laughter, Bradley glared at him “You didn’t” he said angrily.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, it was so easy!" Neilson said laughing.

"Son of a bitch!" Bradley said hitting Neilson.

"Gavin Porter…Kyle Richardson..."

“Really? You put Kyle in there too?” Bradley asked.

“Yeah, he’s the quarterback of the football team, he really needs my help getting nominated for prom king” Neilson said to him

“and Owen Ross...our nominees for prom queen are...Natalie Cappel..."

Natalie stood by her locker and looked around in shock "Wait what?" she asked.

"Tara Olsen, Sophie Taylor and Danielle Williams" principal Wexler said.

“Consider us even” Neilson said smiling at Bradley, he glared at him in response "You love me" Neilson said giggling.

"I fucking hate you" Bradley said.

"Please if I were a girl we'd be dating" Neilson said.

"I don't know what's worse the fact that you said that...or that it's true" Bradley said.

~*~


"Court is adjourned" a judge said banging his gavel down, everyone stood up and began to exit the courtroom.
Kellie stood up from the table and began to pack up her things.

"Good job there counselor" she heard a voice say from behind, she turned to see Dean standing there.

"Well thank you detective" she said throwing her bag over her shoulder.

"Ah ah ah, you happen to be talking to a Sergeant now" he said.

She gasped "You got promoted" she said happily.

"Yep" he said proudly.

"When did that happen?" She asked.

"Last month, Captain Swan was very impressed with my work on the Winchester case."

"Well congratulations, you definitely deserved it" she said as they hugged.

"Thank you, speaking of which...I heard Daphne Winchester just picked up and moved out of state” Dean said.

Kellie smiled sadly and nodded “Yeah she did, I guess she just needed a fresh star, obviously she had no idea that her own son and her husband were capable of such mayhem and unfortunately she had to find out the hard way” Kellie said.

“How are the boys? How's Kyle?" he asked.

“Great, Kyle’s great, boys are great, their senior prom is coming up…” Kellie said.

"Wow, senior prom" he said.

"I know” she said.

“I still remember my senior prom” Dean said.

“Me too, Kyle was a year old” Kellie said.

“They grow up fast huh?” Dean asked.

“Too fast” Kellie said “And this past year made the boys have to grow up even faster” she said.

“Yeah I know” Dean said “Listen uh…I was about to grab some lunch…you wouldn’t happen to want to join me would you?” he asked.

“Hmm…lunch with a friend or eating a leftover special K bar in my office while going through mountains of paperwork” she said.

“So I’ll take a rain check then?” he asked.

She laughed “Come on” she said as they left the courtroom.

~*~


The quietness of the woods engulfed the large mountainside estate, the hills rolling with green, nothing for miles but wilderness.

"Okay, one more" a man said to Derek as he folded his leg up "Good job" the man said "You're getting better" he said to Derek.

"I better be" Derek growled.

He handed him his cane, Derek hobbled over to a chair "I'll be back again on Friday, keep up those stretches and you'll be back in shape in no time" the man said gathering a bag.

"Thanks a lot" Darren said as the man left.

"Is this really necessary?" Derek asked irritated.

"Afraid so, you want to be able to walk without the cane don't you?" Darren asked.

"How's your mother?" Derek asked sadly.

"She's good, she’s getting the new beginning she needs, plenty of family around so don’t worry she's not alone or anything" Derek said to him.

Derek nodded "Just wish I could see her one last time" he said sadly.

"Dad we talked about this, no one can know you're alive, especially not mom" Darren said to him.

"I know...by the way...I haven't told you how much I appreciate you sticking your neck out like this" Derek said to him. "You're risking a lot by helping your brother and I."

"You're my family" Darren said to him.

Derek patted his shoulder "I'm going to go wash up" he said grabbing his cane and standing up slowly.

"I'll get the nurse" Darren said "Dana!" he yelled.

"Yes Mr. Winchester?" Dana asked coming into the room.

"My father is ready for his bath" Darren said to her.

"Yes sir, come with me Mr. Winchester" Dana said to Derek, leading him towards his bedroom.

~*~


"So how's physical therapy going?" a woman asked Damien as they sat in an office together.

"Alright, I guess" Damien replied to her.

"Jim says you're making some real progress, last month you couldn't even stand and now you’re starting to walk again” she said. “You should be proud of yourself" she said.

"Mm" Damien said nodding.

"So what else has been going on with you?" she asked.

"You mean since we talked last week?" he asked.

“Well you’re starting to open up more, I was hoping to continue with that” she said.

“I am?” Damien asked.

“You are” she said “But I think we need to start easing our way into some of your deeper issues” she said.

“Such as?” Damien asked.

"Well for starters…Kyle Richardson" she said.

~*~


The bell rang once again, Kyle still staring at Zoey's picture on his cellphone. He clicked the green button to call her and put the phone to his ear.

"Hey it's Zoe, I'm not in right now so leave me a message, thanks" her voice said on her outgoing message.

"Zoey, hey, it's Kyle...Richardson...look uh...the senior prom's coming up and I was hoping that if you weren't too busy you'd like to be my date so uh...just call me, let me know, bye" he said hanging up he breathed a sigh of relief, looking up and down the hallway before walking into the other direction.


~*~



"Kyle...of course...what about him?" Damien asked the therapist.

“I think I’m starting to understand your hatred towards him…and why you let it consume you” she said.

"Do I really need a reason?" he asked "Why is it so hard for everyone to understand that I just could care less about Kyle and his fellow boyband offspring?" Damien asked her.

"Can I tell you what I think?" she asked.

"Do I have a choice?" he asked.

"Not really" she said to him "Your brother Darren…what was he like in high school?” she asked.

“What does that have to do with anything?” Damien asked.

“Just humor me” she said.

Damien sighed “I don’t know…he was a god of sorts, he was popular, he got good grades, he was on the football team, everyone liked him, he was just an all around good guy” Damien said.

“And from what you’ve told me…it seems Kyle Richardson has all the same qualities as your brother Darren” she said.

“I guess…like I said before can’t I just not like him?” Damien asked.

“Your father favored your brother correct?” she asked.

“You already know the answer to that” Damien said.

“I think you projected all that resentment, all that hostility and anger towards your brother onto your rival, you couldn't lash out at Darren so Kyle seemed like an easier target" she said. "Plus if I can be honest...I think you may have some deep seeded jealousy towards Kyle".

"Jealousy? You think I'm jealous of Kyle?" he asked "That's ridiculous."

"Is it?" she asked “Did you ever see your father in the stands at your football games?" she asked.

"Not really" Damien said.

“Okay…what about Kyle’s father? You ever see him there?”

“Sometimes…he's kind of hard to miss" Damien said.

“Both of your fathers have equally demanding careers, yours was a full time business man, Kyle’s is in the entertainment business, but only one of them seems to make time for his son...and unfortunately it's not yours" she said.

Damien glared at her, tears filling the brim of his eyes "Are we done here?" he asked.

"...Sure" she said reluctantly. He got up, grabbing his crutches and hobbled from the room.