- Text Size +
“ Leave me alone.” Kevin shouted as he shrugged off Karen’s helping hand.
“ Kevin let me help.” Karen said reaching for his shoes.
“ Leave me the fuck alone.” Kevin said finishing what he had been trying to do for over thirty minuets. Karen looked at him and finally stood and moved away from him.
“ I can’t deal with him anymore you deal with his attitude.” Karen shouted as she headed into her room. AJ looked at his friend and then at his girl.
“ You can’t keep yelling at her.”
“ Kiss off AJ I am doing fine.” Kevin said making his way threw the house.
“ Kevin let us help you.”
“ Leave me the fuck alone. I won’t repeat myself again.” Kevin said as he walked into the kitchen and out the door. AJ shook his head and looked down the hall to where Karen had just gone. He could hear her talking to someone.



“ Brian I can’t handle him anymore.”
“ Karen he’s your brother. What do you mean you can’t handle him?”
“ He’s always yelling about something. I am tired of him yelling at me. Alex and I have been calm and caring with him. But when he got that call from management about doing a new tour for the new album he just went nuts. He started yelling about that no one is working with him and everything I can’t handle this right now. Brian I found out I’m pregnant. Even Alex doesn’t know yet, I can’t deal with this stress right now.”
“ Ok I’ll come and get him and he can stay with me for a few days. Where is he?”
“ Last I saw him he was in the living room arguing with his shoes. He couldn’t get them tied.” Karen said. Brian could hear the frustration in her voice as she spoke of the one person she loved more than AJ.
“ He’s still adjusting Karen.”
“ He’s been adjusting for the last six months. I am unsure if I can handle the way he adjusts.” Karen said. She looked up to see AJ standing in the doorway.
“ He will be fine. Kevin doesn’t know how to ask for help.”
“ I am tired of him yelling at me. I am tired of him tripping over things and cussing at them.”
“ Kevin’s done that since we where kids and you know that.” Brian said trying to calm Karen. Karen sighed and laid down on the bed. She wasn’t sure if she could argue with Brian over this either. Ever since they where kids she had never said that Kevin was over protective or a pain. Now it was something she had never said as she called her best friend a pain.
“ Bri I can’t handle him anymore.”
“ Alright, Nick and I will be over later.”
“ Nick?”
“ Yeah he was on tour for his album and happened to stop by.” Brian said hearing the surprise in Karen’s voice.
“ Oh. Well come on over maybe it will do Kevin some good that you guys are around.”
“ We have to get together anyways since we are to go back on tour soon.”
“ Oh please don’t bring that up.” Karen said fighting off the tears that threatened to fall.
“ We have to, but Nick, Alex, Howie and I will be there so he wont be able to start yell at you. Alright.”
“ Alright, when will you be here?” Karen asked.
“ Bout an hour. Then we will take Kevin into the den and we will talk to him.” Brian said to her. Karen nodded even though that Brian couldn’t see it.
“ Alright, I’ll see you soon.” Karen said hanging up the phone. AJ walked into the room and sat down next to her.
“ What’s up?” He asked seeing that she was still fighting off the tears.
“ Brian and the others are one their way over. They needed to talk to you two anyways.” Karen said looking at him.
“ Alright that’s fine, why don’t you go out for a while. Get away from the house while us boys take care of business.”
“ Alright.” Karen said kissing him and then leaving the room. AJ sat there for a few minuets and then heading out to greet Brian and the others. He looked out on the deck to see Karen standing there looking out at the ocean while Kevin made his way along the shoreline.
“ Kevin, Brian and the others are here. They need to talk to you.” Karen yelled down to him. Kevin grumbled something incoherently and headed back towards the house. If nothing else Karen had noticed he could get around the house and surrounding grounds.
“ Don’t mumble just get up here.” Karen snapped growing tired of his attitude. Kevin made his way clumsly up the stairs and pushed past her.
“ Maybe you should leave things alone.” Kevin grumbled.
“ Kiss off Kevin.” Karen shouted at him heading into the house in front of him. Kevin grabbed her arm and pulled her roughly back threw the doorway.
“ What have I told you about yelling at me.” He yelled at her. Karen looked at Kevin fear apparent in her eyes.
“ I am yelling at you because you’re being an selfish ass.” Karen said trying to pull her arm free. Kevin held onto her arm tighter and seemed to only get angrier.
“ I am not being selfish you are treating me like a baby. I am tired of you treating me that way.”
“ Kevin you’re hurting me, I am not treating you like a baby, if you are acting like one that isn’t my fault.” Karen shouted at him. Kevin seemed to think about this for a moment and then shoved Karen away from him. Kevin stopped dead in his tracks when Karen screamed.
“ Karen?” Kevin called out reaching around trying to find her. “ AJ! Someone!” Kevin called out into the house. AJ came running out to find out what Kevin was shouting about.
“ What’s wrong? Where’s Karen?” AJ asked looking around the deck for his girl. That was when he noticed the broken boards.
“ Oh my god.” AJ said heading towards the edge, he saw Karen laying in the sand on her back, her eyes closed and he could see blood.
“ What happened? J what happened?”
“ She fell.” AJ said not believing what he was seeing.
“ What? Oh god I didn’t mean to. I just let go of her arm. She was pulling she said I was hurting her I never meant to hurt her.” Kevin said dropping to his knees. AJ turned towards Kevin and touched his arm.
“ She’s breathing, she probably got knocked out she’ll be fine.” AJ said praying that was what happened. Kevin didn’t feel any better thinking that he had just hurt his sister because she was caring about him. Kevin made his way inside when he heard Brian’s voice.
“ Call an ambulance.” Kevin said coming into the room. Brian looked at his cousin strangely till he looked towards the deck.
“ What happened?” Brian asked.
“ Karen and I where arguing on the deck. I think I shoved her and she fell. God I didn’t mean to hurt her.”
“ Kevin we know this.” Nick said guilding his friend to the couch as Brian called an ambulance.