- Text Size +
“ Kev we have a meeting about the new tour.” AJ said looking at Kevin.
“ Really?” Kevin asked he walked behind AJ.
“ Yeah I wasn’t sure how to tell you. I mean with Karen going in for her surgery soon I wasn’t sure if I wanted to talk to them let alone have u talk to them.” AJ said waiting for Kevin’s reaction.
“ Grand I would love to see how we are pulling off this new tour and album.” Kevin grumbled.
“ We’ve got the tracks already laid you know that Kevin. You don’t need your site to sing.”
“ Yeah true but I have to dance during the tour.” Kevin pointed out.
“ Management wants us to come forward about your blindness.” AJ said quietly. Kevin sighed and sat down on the couch. Karen was surprised that Kevin hadn’t exploded at the request that he was to tell the world he was blind. It had been almost a year and he was dealing better. Karen looked down and stepped over the German Shepherd that was on the floor.
“ I’ll do it.” Kevin said sighing again. “ Buddy, come here.” Kevin called out to the dog that had been laying on the floor. Buddy trotted over and sat down next to Kevin’s right arm. Kevin reached out and petted the dog’s head. Reaching over he put the harness on the dog and stood.
“ Alright lets get this thing on the road.” Kevin said heading to the door. AJ followed his friend and looked towards Karen.
“ I’ll be fine. I am going to call over and see if ma is doing alright anyways.” She said knowing that she hadn’t called her mother in a while and she knew Kevin hadn’t called at all. AJ nodded and hurried to catch up with Kevin.



Karen made her way threw the quiet house, she knew that the boys would be gone for a few hours. She hated only having the use of one arm but she knew that soon she’d be able to use both arms again. Finally getting done with the dishes that required rinsing before being placed in the dishwasher she moved down the hall to start on the laundry and then she’d watch a movie while waiting for the guys to come back. It was lonely in the large house alone. She looked down and smiled at AJ’s two dogs.
“ Hey boys. How about I finish the laundry then we can cuddle and take a nap.” Karen said watching the two small dogs happily bark at her. Shaking her head she placed the laundry into the machine adding soap she set it and went down the hall. She peeked into Kevin’s room. She couldn’t understand how someone like him could be this clean. Leave it to her brother to find a way. She gathered his cloths and placed them in the basket. Following the barking dogs she walked down the hallway.
“ What are you two barking at?” She asked as she made her way down the hall. Seeing nothing she sat down on the couch and picked up the phone. Dialing her moms number she called home.
“ Hey Ma.” Karen said happily.
“ Hey kiddo.” Jim said laughing as he heard his sister’s voice. Karen giggled when she heard that it was Jim answering the phone.
“ Where’s ma?”
“ What don’t ya love me anymore?” Jim said. Karen giggled again and about dropped the phone.
“ Yeah I love ya but I was looking to check in with mom.”
“ She’s out with Jerold.”
“ What are you doing over there?”
“ I like to visit only to find out she’s gone.” He said with a laugh.
“ Oh cool.” She said. “ How have you been?” She asked wanting to keep the conversation going.
“ I am doing alright sis. What about Kev?” He asked knowing Kevin wouldn’t call.
“ He’s doing as best as to be expected. He’s got Buddy now, so he’s getting around better, and he’s comfortable with the loss of his site. He’s got a press conference I am not looking forward to him doing.”
“ Still worried about him aren’t you little sis?”
“ Very much so, I’ve seen his anger and then his shame. Jim he cant hide that from me no matter if he’s blind or not. I know what he’s feeling.”
“ Yeah I know, you both being twins it’s a link. Plus you two where always together.”
“ Jim, he scared me that day. I didn’t see him in his eyes all I saw was anger. He can’t see and that scares him more than anything in this world.”
“ I know. Mom and I are going to come for a visit during your surgery is that alright?” Jim asked.
“ Yeah that would be nice. Kevin would love a visit from mom and you of course.”
“ Alright how about I let mom know you called?”
“ Alright Love you.”
“ Love you too.” Karen said as he hung up the phone. Suddenly she felt all alone.
“ JD, come here.” Karen called out the small dog. She had always loved the way AJ loved his dogs as if they where his own children. JD climbed up and sat down on her lap. He began growling loudly for an odd reason and stayed close to her. She watched as the other pups seemed to be acting the same way. She stood slowly and made her way to the doorway when suddenly her world went black.