- Text Size +
“ Come on we got to get home.” AJ said once the meeting had ended, he didn’t think it would ever end and it had been after dark when they finally headed home.
“ When is the press conference?” Nick asked as they walked towards AJ’s car.
“ Noon tomorrow. Think you can remember that?” Kevin asked as Buddy hopped into the back of the car. Kevin got into the front seat and pulled the door closed. Nick looked at Kevin with sad eyes.
“ He’s still angry.” Nick said remembering the shouting match that had insued inside at the meeting.
“ Yeah he is buddy but remember he’s not mad at you.” AJ said looking at Nick.
“ He sounded so mad at me in there when I had said that I had put my own tour on hold. That I wanted to see him get better and watch him care and love each of us.” Nick said tears rolling down his cheeks.
“ Hey man he’s not mad at you.” AJ said hugging his younger friend. AJ wasn’t one to show emotion or know what to do when Nick or Brian or even Howie where upset he was one to hide is own fears and tears.
“ I’m not mad at you Nick.” Kevin said when he rolled the window down.
“ Really?”
“ Yeah, I found it was nice that you took time out of your own personal life to help out. Now we are getting back on track.” Kevin said reaching his hand out the window to Nick. Nick moved forward and leaned in the window and hugged Kevin.
“ Thanks man.” Nick whispered as he pulled away.
“ Any time.” Kevin said turning his head back towards the front of the truck.
“ Alright I gotta run we left Karen alone at the house and you all know how much she hates being alone.”
“ There’s something wrong.” Kevin said suddenly.
“ What?” AJ said looking at his friend.
“ I can feel it there is something wrong we have to go now.” Kevin said, AJ nodded and got into the car.
“ We will see you guys later.” AJ said as he pulled away. AJ looked over at Kevin and then back at the road.
“ You ok Kev?” AJ asked.
“ Yeah I am fine, I just have a weird feeling something is wrong.”
“ I gathered that but Karen is fine.” AJ said as they pulled down the drive way to his home. He looked towards the front door and noticed it was open and the dogs where in the yard barking. That was the one time AJ was glad to be living in a gated home. Kevin got out of the car and felt as Buddy stood next to him to lead him into the house.
“ Alex what’s wrong?” Kevin said hearing the dogs carrying on and whining.
“ Karen. She’s gone.” AJ said sitting down on the steps.
“ What? She was here when we left. Didn’t you set the alarm before we left?” Kevin asked making his way to his friend’s side.
“ No, Karen said she would be fine if the thing wasn’t on. I should have set the alarm.” AJ said sadly, Kevin placed his hand on AJ’s shoulder.
“ Don’t worry man, whoever’s got her will want money. She’s safe.” Kevin said hoping he was believing his own words.





Karen moaned as she felt her throbbing head wake her. She started to move her good arm when she noticed it was handcuffed to a headboard above her. Talking was out of the question as well since who ever had taken her had gagged her as well. She looked around the room and saw that it was a rundown home she was being held in. Even the bed was run down, she could smell the dust and mildew in the air. She didn’t even know who had taken her let alone why. Karen tried to move around on the bed to find out that her legs had been tied together and to the bed. She couldn’t even get free if she had wanted to. Her right arm was completely numb and since she had very little use of it as it was now she was trapped in a room. She closed her eyes and felt sleep calling her.

“ She’s asleep.”
“ Good. Next time she wakes up give her some water and something to eat.”
“ What are you going to do?”
“ Send a message.”
“ We weren’t supposed to take her Bill.”
“ I know that Brent but I didn’t see you suggesting anything else when she and those dogs started snooping around.”
“ Knocking her out was plenty.”
“ But we can get money from them didn’t you see the house.”
“ Yes I saw the house but she’s crippled and won’t bring much for profit. Are we ransoming her off or selling her?” Bill asked.
“ Not sure yet. How about both? We could ransom her and sell her. How many times have you seen us do this?”
“ Brent this is the third woman we’ve kidnapped but the first that is rich. Most where girls that we took where poor and rarely noticed.”
“ But they where as beautiful as this one, she’s more beautiful than the others.”
“ We will decide tomorrow. I am going to bed.” Bill said heading into one of the rooms.



“ Jay what are we going to do? I can’t tell my family that their youngest daughter is missing.” Kevin said sitting down on the couch.
“ I don’t know what to tell you man. I am not sure what to tell you man. I mean this is my girl friend but this is your sister your twin.”
“ We have to find out who’s got her. I don’t want to call the police. Alex don’t you have camera’s around the outside of the house.” Kevin asked his friend.
“ Yeah but what help is that going to do? You can’t see it.” AJ said looking at his friend.
“ Yeah I know but you can.” Kevin said with a smile. AJ smiled and headed to call the security company. He knew that they would have a copy of the tape.
“ It’s on its way. I’m thinking this wasn’t planned. As if someone came to steal things and just came across Karen.”
“ That could be possible. Are we sure we should do this tonight?”
“ Yeah I want to know what’s going on and who took her we can sleep for a few hours and then head out looking for her deal?” AJ asked.
“ No, cause I don’t think I can sleep during this time..” Kevin said jumping when he heard the phone ring.
“ Oh tell me that’s the kidnappers wanting a ransom.” AJ said as he answered it.
“ Yeah D what did you need?” AJ asked some relief rushing over him.
“ Just wanted to remind you two about the press conference tomorrow.”
“ Oh crude I nearly forgot. Alright we will meet you there at noon.” AJ lied to his friend.
“ Alright night you three.” Howie said as he hung up the phone. AJ placed the phone on the cradle and looked towards his friend.
“ Sorry it was Howie.”
“ Yeah I heard. Jay I’m blind not deaf. I am tired.” Kevin said yawing. AJ watched his friend and knew that they shouldn’t rest till they found Karen. But the stress of it all had come to head and he knew that even he was tired.
“ The tape is here I’ll watch it why don’t you get some sleep. I’ll go to bed shortly.” AJ said
“ No, it’s alright I’ll stay here on the couch, watch the video I can listen to it.” Kevin said. Kevin knew that AJ was worried about Karen and that they would do everything in their power to find Karen. AJ sighed and watched the video, he watched a van pull into the yard and two men come into his home and then there was nothing for a while and then they came out holding an unconscious Karen. He could finally see the men’s faces.
“ Damn got ya.” AJ said with some happiness. Kevin sat up and reached out and felt AJ’s shoulder under his hand.
“ What?” Kevin said hoping AJ would answer him.
“ I’ve got them. I’ve got them bastards.” AJ said, he could see their faces clearly and saw the plate number on the van.