- Text Size +
“ Good morning.” Karen heard Brent say as he entered the room.
“ Hmm!” She tried as she looked towards him. Brent walked forward with a tray of food and some juice.
“ I bet your hungry.” He said tugging the gag in her mouth free so it could fall down so it was around her neck instead.
“ I know your hungry.” He said setting the tray down, he watched Karen’s eyes follow the food. He lifted the fork and brought it to her lips. She opened her mouth and let him put the food in to her mouth.
“ I want to go home.” Karen said looking at him. Brent looked away from her.
“ Not yet.” He said feeding her some more breakfast.
“ How much are you asking him for?”
“ We haven’t yet. We aren’t sure if we are ransoming you or selling you.” He said watching her blue eyes fill up with tears. He could see she was terrified.
“ Selling?” She asked looking at him, her eyes wide with fear. Brent looked past her and helped her finish eating. He placed the empty plate back on the tray and slowly stood.
“ I’m sorry I have said to much.” He said touching her cheek whipping the tears that had already fallen away. He pulled her gag back into place he picked up the tray and left her alone again. Karen let her tears roll down her cheeks as she began to sob.

“ What where you thinking?” Bill asked looking at Brent.
“ Telling her the truth. I say we ransom her and see how much we can get.” Brent said hearing the crying threw the closed door.
“ I don’t know I think we can get more money selling her. She’s a fine woman and is able to do a lot of work.”
“ She’s crippled. Look at her arm, she has no use of that arm.” Brent said looking at his friend. Bill shook his head and figured his friend had gone soft.
“ Don’t make me kill you.” Bill said looking at Brent.
“ You wouldn’t dare. I am older than you and tired of the bullshit. I’ve tried to defend what you’ve been doing, kidnapping those girls and we’ve killed a few. We couldn’t sell them we killed them. She’s rich get what you can from her boyfriend or brother. Come on man just do this just this time.”
“ No, if I can’t want I want for that little bitch then she dies.”
“ Call the family and have the ransom demand made. Make her call her boyfriend.” Brent said looking at his friend. Bill nodded and pulled his cell phone from his pocket.
“ I want her to scream.” Bill said with an evil look in his eyes.
“ I wont do that I wont torture her.”
“ I don’t want you to I will do it, as I’ve done with all the other girls.”
“ We can’t keep doing this we are going to get caught.”
“ Nope we aren’t and if we do your going down alone.”
“ I wont go down for this. I didn’t want to take her in the first place.” Brent said backing away from Bill. Brent slowly opened the door to the room where Karen was being held, Bill watched Brent’s motions as he made his way over to the bed. Karen looked up at him with fear in her eyes and she looked past him to see Bill standing in the doorway with a gun. Bill raised the gun as Karen tried to warn Brent. Brent turned just as Bill fired the gun. Karen screamed threw the gag as Brent’s lifeless body fell on top of her. She could see his glassy brown eyes looking out at nothing. Bill laughed and pulled Brent’s dead body off of Karen.
“ What’s the matter did I scare you? Good cause next I am going to kill you.” Bill reached out and touched Karen’s cheek and turned towards the door.
“ I’ll leave you alone with him, not like he’s going to help you now.” Bill said leaving, his almost evil laugh filling the room.






Kevin rubbed his shoulders trying to get the kinks out as he stretched.
“ Alex you awake?”
“ Yeah man.” AJ said yawing.
“ Do we know where she is?”
“ I made a few calls and the plate has been run. We will have an address within the hour. You hungry?” He asked standing up.
“ Yeah I am but we need to find Karen then food. Alex she could be dying.” Kevin said, he heard the doorbell ring and stood. Buddy moved towards the door growling.
“ Ya know there is a bonus to you having a seeing eye dog, he doubles as a guard dog.” AJ said heading towards the door. He looked out and saw a deliveryman standing on the other side. Opening the door slowly he looked at the man.
“ Can I help you?” AJ asked looking at the man as Buddy growled at the man.
“ I have a package for you.” The man said holding it out. AJ signed for it and walked back into the house.
“ It’s to small to be a video so what in the world is it?” AJ said sitting down next to Kevin. He opened the small package and dropped the contents on the to the table. He found a letter and several photos. He lifted the note first and began reading it.
“ She’s alive Kevin.” AJ said
“ Well that’s one piece of good news.” Kevin said and then he waited for AJ to say something else.
“ Well?” Kevin said. AJ stared at the pictures, he could see the terrified look in Karen’s eyes and the blood. He wasn’t even sure if it was hers or not till he found another picture that showed one of the kidnappers dead.
“ Oh god he’s going to kill her.” AJ said.
“ He wont kill her he wants money he has to.”
“ He does he wants 20 million or he kills her. I’ll get that even if I have to sell the house and give everything I have away to get it.” AJ said
“ You wont have to, call the others. Bring them here for a meeting and we can find out what each of us can come up with.”
“ Are you sure Kev?”
“ Yeah it’s my sister and Brian’s cousin we can do this. She’s family.”
“ I should have left someone here with her.” AJ said putting his head in his hands.
“ We didn’t know someone was going to break in Jay. Don’t worry we will get her back.”
“ How do we know? How are we sure they wont hurt her.” AJ said trying to keep the emotion out of his voice. AJ had already called the others and they where on their way to the house.






Karen watched as her captor paced the room she was in.
“ I am not sure what to do now. Should I call them and get the money or kill you and send you home to them.” Bill said smiling evilly at her. Karen let tears roll down her cheeks. The one person that would have or could have helped her was dead. Bill pulled his cell phone from his pocket and walked towards her. Karen’s eyes got wide as he stopped at the end of the bed. Bill made his way up her body, his hand slowly moving up her bound legs and then up her stomach and then to her breasts. Karen closed her eyes trying to pray that he would just leave her alone. His hand came to rest on her cheek as he yanked the gag from her mouth. Karen moved her jaw trying to get the feeling back.
“ Give me your home number.” Bill growled at her. Karen jumped and looked away from him. Bill grabbed her face and made her look at him.
“ Give me the number bitch unless you’d rather die.” Bill said to her. Karen gave him AJ’s home number. Bill dialed the number and held his hand over her mouth and nose, cutting off her air. She struggled trying to get him to move his hand as her body began to scream for the much needed air.
“ Hello?” He heard a raspy voice answer.
“ Alexander McLean?”
“ Yes, who is this?”
“ I have something that belongs to you.” Bill said looking at Karen, he could see she had stopped struggling.
“ What have you done to my fiancée?” AJ asked as the realization hit him.
“ Oh she’s safe for now, do you have the money I wanted?” He asked waiting for an answer. He again looked down at Karen to see she had passed out from lack of air. Moving his hand he looked at her slightly blue lips. Placing his hand on her throat he sighed feeling a pulse he waited for the answer from the man
“ We will have the money when it’s needed.” AJ said trying to remain calm.
“ I want it within the hour.”
“ I can’t get it that fast.”
“ Then she dies.” Bill said.
“ Wait, I will have it. Where do I meet you? I want to talk to her.” AJ said.
“ I will call you back in one hour. And you can speak to her then.”
“ I want to talk to her now. Please.” AJ begged. Bill looked down at Karen and smiled evilly.
“ Nope, sorry she’s not up for a talk.” He said as he hung up the phone. He again looked down at Karen and saw that her face had a slight blue coloring to it. Checking he noticed for the first time she wasn’t breathing.
“ Damn it you bitch.” He said trying to get her to start breathing again. He doubled up his fist and hit her in chest twice. She never moved, but he did hear several bones break.
“ Damn it.” Bill said as he untied her arm and unhooked her legs and pulled her over his shoulder. “ Fine if your dead your no use to me.” Bill said loading her limp body into the backseat of his car. He watched and waited wondering if she was faking it or was truly dead. He shook his head and closed the door, getting into the front of the car he drove quietly back to AJ’s home. He waited and made sure that the guards had gone inside, he stopped the car and pulled Karen’s body from the back.
“ Jesus fuck your heavy.” He said finally tossing her body into the water below AJ’s home.