- Text Size +
This is the only part of the story that is TRUE!! (yes, I did meet Nick)

January 15, 2002
I was sitting in my room, listening to the radio. It was about 9:30pm. As I heard songs play, I stared at the posters of my beloved and favorite Backstreet Boy, Nick Carter. And then, that's where the idea hit me. I thought about it and realized it would change my life.

October 28, 2002
As the months went by, I became more and more excited of my idea. I studied his favorites: car, food, type of girl he wants, dreamdate, etc. I decided to buy a convertible, you know, to impress him. The car cost about $30,000 and I only had 4 years to have that amount of money. I asked my best friend, Eissell (Izzy), if she wanted to come and she agreed. I also asked my 8-year-old cousin, Lyanne (she's an Aaron Carter fan), and she also agreed.

"I just want to be close to Aaron," she said.
"Uh, Lyanne, he'll be 18 when we go over there," I told her.
"So? I could still try to get him . . ."
"Right . . ." I laughed. "Hey, you could at least be his friend."
"Yeah, I guess."

Here's a little info. on me: I'm 12 years-old, Hispanic and part Chinese (great-grandfather was . . . I got those Chinese eyes), and have been a Nick Carter and Backstreet fan since the age of 7. Okay, let's get to present, enough recap.

Today, October 28, 2002, I will finally get to meet Nick. After 5 years of waiting, here I am. I brought Izzy along to meet him. He was gonna be in Macys* Herald Square. Luckily, my mom worked across the street from it, so I got hooked up easily. Nick was gonna be there at 5pm. I looked at my watch while in the subway, nearly 2 more stops to go. It read: 5:10. "Well, that's just great. I'm 10 minutes late," I thought. Finally, we got out of the train and I ran into the store.

"Alyson, slow down! He's not leaving yet!" Izzy screamed behind me.
"I don't care! With Nick, anything is possible!" I screamed back.

I finally got to the floor and section he was in. I jumped to get a glimpse. "God, I'm so short," I thought, even at my 5-foot- 3 frame. People say that's pretty tall for a 12-year-old. Ah ha! I saw a glimpse of his head: beautiful and blonde. I got on the line and waited for my turn. By the time it was my turn, it was an hour and 30 minutes later. I grew nervous as I got close to the man of my dreams. I had a letter prepared for him telling him about my idea. I took out my letter to give to him . . .

"Is that for Nick?" A lady asked making me come out of my quick daydream.
"Huh? Oh yeah," I told her.
"Oh, I'll take that and put it in the bag," she responded actually showing me the bag, so I would believe her.
"Ok," I said, giving her the letter and murmuring under my breath, "Bitch."
"I wanted to give him the letter personally. It's very important," I thought.

Finally, I was in front of him, standing there like an idiot with butterflies in my stomach. And then, out of nowhere, he pulled me in, kissed my neck, and hugged me. I hugged him back. I put my lips towards his ear. "I love you," I said to him. He chuckled. I wanted him to say more, I wanted to hear his voice. He probably chuckled because I said it in a way that meant I was about to cry, or maybe because he thought it was like a "thank you" or puppy love, but he doesn't know how much I really do LOVE him.

When I was in his arms, I felt I was there for like an hour. As I let go, he finished signing his autograph on my paper and handed it to me. I smiled at him, and he smiled back. After I got out of the location, I began crying and laughing at the same time. I was so happy. Izzy got Nick's autograph, too. Her jacket smelled like his Gravity cologne. I smelled the jacket; it had a type of strong smell like all perfumes and colognes. After a while, it began to smell fruity-typish. I recapped on what just happened. And I remembered, Part 2 is tomorrow. October 29, 2002, Now Or Never comes out. Nick will do a signing at Virgin Megastore . . . I will be there.

October 29, 2002
About 24 hours later, I was on the train again to see Nick for the second time. This time he'd be there at 5:30. I was early this time and without Izzy. I got into the store, got my V.I.P. pass and made my way down the escalator. There were about 5 escalators with a security guard in every corner. "Damn, tight security. Well, of course, it's Nick Carter," I thought and smacked my forehead. Finally, I made it to the line. This time I waited about 30 minutes since I was about 5 minutes early. Behind me were to girls. They asked me if I could take a picture of them. I did and began talking to them. One was named Melissa, 18, and other I forgot her name, but she was also 18. We talked all the way till it was my turn since I was in front of them. There was a security guard in front of me. I recognized him: dark-skinned and tall, like Nick's height. He was Nick's bodyguard. I didn't know his name, so I just smiled. He smiled back and let me pass. I walked closer to Nick again, but this time not so nervous. I got in front of him and handed him my Now Or Never cover. I stared at his blond hair. He was signing my cover as if he was in preschool learning to write his name for the first time; it took him so long! Then, I woke up from my daydream and spoke to him.

"Saw you at Macys* yesterday," I said like an excited 7-year-old.
"Oh yeah," He responded as if he remembered me.
"Yup," I replied.

We paused. I wanted to talk to him more. I nearly forgot to give him my letter! I took out the letter.

"This is for you," I said, handing it to him.
"Oh, thanks," he responded, taking the letter.

We paused again. I noticed he finished signing, but I stood there, looking into the deep ocean blue eyes I wanted to stare at for so long. He was staring back at me, too. With showing no emotions in the eyes, whatsoever. Although, I saw a little white light in his eyes. They were sparkling. I was back in my daydream; this time, not alone. This time with Nick.

"Excuse me, but you have to move on," a security guard said to me.
"Huh? Oh," I said as I jumped. I noticed Nick kinda jumped, too.

I took my cover when I felt like I wanted a hug from Nick again, just to be in his arms. "Hug?" I asked Nick with my puppydog face. I tried to stare back at Nick for his response, but a security guard was blocking my view. Now, I had glimpses of him. I saw his face staring at me. He had the "I'm-so-sorry" look. I turned forward to see where I was walking, so I wouldn't trip and embarrass myself. I turned back to Nick. Instead of a hug, Nickolas Gene Carter blew me a kiss. I smiled at him. He smiled back. That's when I knew I was all set.