- Text Size +
I ran inside a door and saw Ally on the floor. Kevin, Brian, AJ, and Howie were behind me.
"Ally, . . .," I said, touching her cheek and crying.
Howie felt her heart beat, "She's still alive; she just fainted and I think she's losing blood. Nick, get something to hold the blood from coming out."
I found an ace bandage. "Hopefully, this will work," I thought. I brought it back to Howie. "Where's the cut?" I asked.
"Right here," Brian said, pointing at the top part of her leg.
I wrapped the ace bandage tightly around the cut. I heard her moan a little bit.
"Shh, baby, I'm here. Baby, if you can, tell me who did this to you?"
"JJ and Willa," she said in pain.
"JJ? Baby, who's JJ?" I asked her.
"Ex-boyfriend."
"Ok. C'mon, let's go to the hospital," I said, carrying her. I ran outside to the car. "Sarah, come with me," I told Sarah. I put Ally in the backseat, "Keep an eye on her and tell me how's she doing." Sarah nodded. I got inside the car and drove to the hospital as fast as I can. The police came behind me. "Dammit!" I screamed.
"License and registration, please?" the police officer asked.
"Look, I'm sorry I'm rushing down the highway, but I gotta run 'cause my girlfriend's about to die."
"Oh, I'm sorry," he said, "I'll follow you to avoid any inconvenience."
"Yeah, thanks," I said, driving again.

We finally made it to the hospital. They got Ally to the emergency room right away. The nurse told me it would be a 2 hour operation. I began to cry as I remembered the times I spent with her. I cried harder as I remembered the first time we expressed our love for one another. I prayed as much as possible. And that song came inside my head again . . .

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I still can't believe
That you came up to me and said "I love you"
I love you too

Now I'm dreaming with you tonight
Till tomorrow and for all of my life
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming of you, endlessly

Dreaming of you tonight
Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room
I'll be dreaming of you tonight
Endlessly