- Text Size +
1 Hour & 45 Minutes Later . . .
"Hey," I heard a voice say. I looked up. It was Brian, "You hungry? I'm gonna go get something to eat. You wanna come?"
I shook my head.
"Aw, c'mon Nick, you haven't eaten anything since this morning."
I shook my head again.
"Nick, she's gonna be fine. I promise you. I know Ally," Izzy told me, "If she loves you as much as she told me, then she will survive."
I looked at Izzy. She knew about how Ally felt about me? "Izzy, do you know about how Ally feels about me?"
She nodded her head.
"Could you tell me?"
She sighed, "Long story, Nickolas. But, I'll try to make it brief." She sighed again. "When she was 8, she found out how much she loved you and she told me that she loves you so much that sometimes she thinks about it and she feels like killing herself. She told me she used to cry because she was afraid you would get married without her telling you how she felt about you. She also told me even though she wants to be with you, the main thing she wants is for you to be happy, with or without her. Oh, for God's sake Nick, she already has names for the kids!"
"You've got to be kidding . . ." I told her.
"Ally's in the hospital, you think I would?" she asked me seriously.
"Excuse me, Mr. Carter?" It was the doctor. Oh no . . .
"Yes?" I asked, trembling, "How is she?"
"In the beginning, we were close to losing her, but . . . today, we had opened our blood bank and someone offered to give blood to Alyson, and Alyson is alive."
I smiled, while my heart was racing, and asked, "Could you tell me who is the person who gave blood to her?"
"Why, of course. Infact her she is . . ."
The doctor went over to . . .
"Mom, what are you doing here? What happen to your arm?" I asked confused.
"Nickolas, I gave blood," my mother said, smiling.
I hugged her, "Thank you, Mom. Thank you so much," I said, crying again.
"Anything for you, Nickolas," she told me.
I hugged my Dad, almost not even realizing he was there, "Hey, Dad."
"Hey, I heard about Ally. I'm sorry."
"It's alright, Dad." I looked at Ally's doctor, "Can I see her?"
"Yes, you can, but she's resting."
"Thank you," I said, running to Ally's room.