- Text Size +
I opened the door and saw Ally. She looked so pale. I touched her forehead and kissed it. She stirred a little.
"Nicky?"
I looked at her. "Ally?"
"Mmm, Nicky . . .," she smiled.
I smiled back. "How are ya feeling?"
"I'm ok; I just feel exhausted and I can't feel my right leg."
"Whatta mean you can't feel it?" I asked her, getting nervous.
"I mean I could feel it; it's just that I can't move it. Only my wittle toes," she said like Elmer Fudd,
wiggling her toes.
"Oh, ok. Ally, is that how you feel about me? Are you sure?"
"Me loving you more than I love my . . . Yes, Nick. I am sure. I always have been. If you look at a picture of someone and your heart beats faster than anything you could imagine. Don't you think that's love? Your heart beats fast because you miss the person and you wish that person was there with you. Nick, when I met you for the first time, I-I didn't know what to say. My mind went completely blank. Now, tell me isn't that love?"
I didn't say anything. I'm getting more and more to the conclusion that she could be the one for me. She felt exactly the same way I ever wanted my girlfriends to feel about me. I looked at her.
"Nickolas, answer me. Don't you think that's love? True love?" she asked me again.
I leaned forward and kissed her like I never kissed a girl before.

When stayed like that for a few minutes. Until she leaned back . . .
"Nick, my parents can't find out that I was raped," she said.
"Why? You should tell them," I told her.
"I know, I know. But, if they find out, they will be even more overprotected with me."
"Ok," I began, "I won't say anything."
She smiled, "Thank you."
"Baby, guess who saved you?"
"Who? Wait, whatta mean?" She looked at me, confused.
"The doctor said you were losing a lot of blood, and today they had a blood bank and guess how saved you."
"I can't think of anyone, Nick."
"My mom."
She lit up immediately, "Lemme see her please!"
I laughed, "Ok, baby, hold on." I kissed her again, "Bye."
"Bye. I'll miss you," she said, waving.
I waved back and threw her a kiss, "Bye," and closed the door.

I made my way down the hallway. "Mom, Ally wants to see you," I told her.
"Ok, I'll be right in," she replied.
"Dad, go in if you want to," I told my father, who was standing there looking lonely.
"Take care of her, Nickolas," he whispered to me.
"I am," I whispered back.

"How is she?" Izzy asked me when I made it back over to them. Everyone was waiting for the answer
"She's fine. She's doing ok. I didn't know she was a fast healer," I told them.
"As I said Nick, when it comes to you, with Ally, anything is possible."
"I'll be right back," I said, getting up.

I saw the doctor and made my way to him. "Um, excuse me?"
"Yes?"
"Um, do you know, by any chance, when I'll be able to take Alyson home?"
"Yes, the day after tomorrow. Because he leg is still healing, she will have to be in a wheel chair for about a week. By then, her leg should be healed," he told me.
"Thank you," I said and ran off to the other guys.