- Text Size +
“ You must be the one that asked for me to come to the back.” She said, Kevin’s eyes seemed to light up and he had just met this lovely woman.
“ Yeah, you seemed to be enjoying the concert so I decided maybe you could come back and meet us.” Kevin said his face turning a crimson color.
“ I did enjoy the concert. I was here with my niece.” Angela said looking at him.
“ Oh I’m sorry did she come back with you?” Kevin asked looking around the room till his eyes came to rest on a young girl that seemed to look like Angela.
“ Yes she did. She’s enjoying her chat with her favorite. Nick.” She said with a smile. Kevin could have drown in her eyes or even her accent he loved it. He had instantly knew she was from another country.
“ Are you visiting here?” He asked feeling embarrassed if she wasn’t.
“ Actually I just moved here from Ireland. My brother finally convinced me to move here. I am Angela McCloud.”
“ Nice name. Very pretty.” Kevin said trying to ease the fear he was feeling. He hadn’t been with anyone since the death of his wife and he wasn’t truly sure if he really should try anything with anyone.
“ My niece tells me you lost your wife four years ago. I am sorry for your loss.” Angela said looking into his green eyes.
“ Thank you. It’s been hard. My son would have been nine this year.” Kevin said a wistful look in his eyes.
“ I had seen pictures of you and your family when I was in Ireland, you seemed to have a beautiful relationship.”
“ My Becky was the light of my life. I was totally devastated when I got the call that she had been killed.”
“ Yeah I read all about that. You poor dear to have to have endured such a loss.” Angela said looking at him. “ I was lucky to have my Billy when I lost Patrick.”
“ You where married?” Kevin asked looking at her strangely.
“ Aye that I was, for five years. My Patrick died from cancer a few years ago.”
“ Who’s Billy?”
“ Oh my son.” Angela said as a young red headed boy trotted over. Kevin could tell the boy couldn’t be much older than what his Scott would have been.
“ A very handsome young man.” Kevin remarked looking at the boy, his own heart tugged at the fact that he was missing his son and wife. “ If you’ll excuse me for a moment. Brian this is Angela and her son Billy. Keep them company for a while. I’ll be right back.”
“ Sure thing Kev.” Brian said motioning for the young woman and her son to have a seat on the couch.

Kevin rushed from the room and stood silently in the hall for several moments before he slid down the wall as soft sobs wracked his frame. AJ had seen his friend hurry from the room and followed him.
“ Kev, hey buddy what’s wrong?” AJ asked sitting down next to him. Kevin just remained with his knees up and his head buried in his legs as he cried. AJ wasn’t really sure what to do for his friend so he rubbed small circles in Kevin’s back. AJ looked up to see Howie exit the room to find out what was going on. He noticed AJ comforting Kevin and he instantly knew what had happened.
“ That woman reminded you of Beth didn’t she?” Howie asked sitting on the other side of his friend.
“ Yeah. The boy with her is her son.” Kevin cried looking up at them, his eyes where full of tears as he looked at his two friends.
“ She’s a beautiful woman. You going to be alright Kev?” AJ asked.