- Text Size +
Kevin sat silently during the meeting. Howie turned towards him several times and then finally gave up. There was no use, he could tell that Kevin wasn’t paying attention.
“ Hey how about we call it done.” Howie suggested looking at their manager.
“ Alright, have a good show tonight. Don’t forget to show up early. So for now get some rest.” He said, he could tell they couldn’t wait to get out of the room.
“ Howie.”
“ Yeah?” Howie said looking towards their manager.
“ What’s up with Kevin, I could actually tell he wasn’t listening today.”
“ He’s just thinking about something.”
“ Well make sure he’s paying attention during the concert.”
“ Sure thing.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kevin walked into the hotel room and then right into his room. Closing the door he sat down on the bed. He looked up and saw Howie standing in the doorway.
“ Kevin we really need to talk about this.”
“ I am fine D, just leave me alone.”
“ We cant keep leaving you alone Kev, your always blowing us off and especially during this time of the year.”
“ I know, just leave me be for a while I am going to read a book and then take a short nap.” Kevin said looking at him. Howie nodded and left the room. Kevin reached into his bag and pulled the box from it, running his finger over the inscription he pulled the book from inside. Lying back on the pillow he began reading. He was tired and finally let the diary fall on to the floor as he drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Hello my love.”
“ Beth?” Kevin asked looking at the woman that stood before him.
“ Yes. I decided to come and visit.”
“ I’ve missed you so much.” Kevin said taking her into his arms.
“ I know. I am sorry. Scott misses you so much. But we’ve been watching you from heaven. Kevin you need to get on with your life.”
“ I don’t want to get on with my life. My life ended when I lost my family.” Kevin said holding her as close as he could.
“ Baby, I saw your eyes light up when that woman looked at you. Her name was Angela?”
“ Yeah that’s her name. She’s got a son about Scott’s age.”
“ Yes, very handsome. She’s been hurt to Kevin. Maybe you can learn to heal together.”
“ But Beth I miss you so much I don’t think I can be with anyone else.”
“ It’s been four years Kevin. Have you even tried dating?” Elizabeth asked looking into his green eyes.
“ No.”
“ My love I give you my blessing. Please try dating.”
“ I don’t want to.”
“ My love I have to go. Please try for me.” Elizabeth said kissing his lips lightly.
“ No please don’t leave me not again.” Kevin said reaching for her. Elizabeth smiled and disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin’s eyes snapped open and he whipped the new tears that had started to fall.
“ I can’t live without you.” Kevin said placing the book in his bag. He looked towards the door just as he heard a light knock.
“ Kev, you ok?” Nick asked.
“ Yeah buddy I’m fine.” Kevin said running his fingers threw his hair.
“ You sure? I could swear I heard you yell out.” Nick said, Kevin looked up at his younger friend and saw the real concern in his friend’s eyes.
“ Yeah, I promise I am fine.” Kevin said with a weak smile. Nick smiled and sat down on the edge of the bed.
“ I worry about you Kev. We have seen you be so strong any other day and now your falling apart.”
“ I promise you I will be fine.” Kevin said standing.
“ We should stop and get some lunch and then head over to the concert hall.”
“ Sure that sounds good.” Kevin said heading towards the door. Nick followed behind him as they walked out of the room. Nick stopped in the doorway, he could have sworn he felt a hand on his shoulder.