- Text Size +
The concert began without a hitch. Kevin sang and danced his heart out. He smiled feeling that Elizabeth was watching him. Brian turned and looked towards the dark end of the stage and he could have sworn that he had seen Elizabeth and Scott.
“ You know I swear I was seeing things.” Brian said while they where changing for the next part of the performance.
“ Why?” Kevin asked looking at his cousin.
“ I could have sworn I saw Beth and Scott on the side of the stage.” Brian said looking at everyone.
“ Ok so I wasn’t seeing things.” Nick said rubbing his eyes.
“ You saw them too?”
“ We all did.” Howie said looking at them all. “ She’s saying she approves of anything we do.”
“ Angela is here.” Brian said remembering seeing her in the audience.
“ Yeah I saw her. Is she coming to the party?” Kevin asked.
“ Yeah she’s coming to the party, as our guest. I gave her, her backstage pass and VIP pass.” Brian told him. Kevin smiled and climbed up towards the hole where they where to reenter the stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“ Kevin she’s here.” Brian said looking at his cousin. Kevin turned to see Angela and Billy enter the room. Kevin smiled widely and walked towards them.
“ It’s good to see you. Sorry about yesterday.” Kevin said.
“ It’s alright I get that way from time to time.”
“ How about we talk alone?”
“ Sure, Billy go and visit.”
“ Sure thing mom.” Billy said heading towards some young people that had gathered near Nick. Kevin smiled and led her from the room. They sat down on a couch in a small hallway.
“ You’re a beautiful woman.” Kevin said looking into her green eyes.
“ Thank you and you’re a handsome man. Lonely it seems.” Angela said looking at him.
“ Lonely, that I can agree to. I am lonely. I haven’t been with anyone else since my wife’s death. What about you and your husband?”
“ My husband Patrick and I where married for a short time before his death. My gift to him was our son, then he became sick.”
“ How long was he sick before you lost him?” Kevin asked. He thought maybe if he heard things about someone else’s loss that maybe it would help him grieve and move on.
“ Patrick had been diagnosed with brain cancer the year he proposed. He had found out before he asked me to marry him. I knew he was asking because he wanted me to be his wife before he died, and I also knew he didn’t want to die alone.”
“ That must have been hard.”
“ It was. We lived happily for almost a year, then he started getting sicker, he had been rushed to the hospital twice before they finally told us he didn’t have much longer to be with us. He did the treatments and seemed to be getting better. We found out I was pregnant. He was so happy to know that I was having a baby. He promised me that he would stay around till his child was born. I gave birth to William seven months later. Patrick became sicker and I held our new son in my arms when I finally let Patrick go.” Angela said a few tears threatened to fall down her cheeks. Kevin handed her a tissue and placed his hand on hers.
“ What about you Kevin? How did you lose your wife?”
“ I lost my wife.” Kevin started. “ She was coming to meet us at one of the shows. I had wanted to spend the holidays with her and our son. But with the weather had shifted and we got stuck in Detroit. She offered to drive up and I really wanted to see her. In some ways it was my fault she had been in that accident and was killed along with our son.”
“ Kevin it was an accident and wasn’t anyone’s fault but the man that hit them. And even that guy wasn’t at fault it was a bad storm.”
“ But she wouldn’t have been out in it if I had just gone home when it was clear instead we stayed an extra day to do some shopping.” Kevin said fighting the tears that threatened to fall.
“ Hey it would have happened even if you had been home. If it was destined to happen it would have.” Angela said looking into Kevin’s eyes. Kevin nodded and stood slowly, she heard him take a shaky breath and then turn and look at her.
“ I am glad I met you, but it’s getting late and maybe young Billy is looking for his mother.” Kevin said with a smile.
“ Yeah he probably is. Maybe we can do this again.” Angela said shaking his hand. Kevin pulled her into a warm hug and then looked at her.
“ Maybe. Here is my number. We will be taking some time off soon. And I’ll be heading home.”
“ Are you asking me to come to your home Mr. Richardson?” She asked with a giggle.
“ Yes I am. If you would like to, bring your son. He would enjoy the Kentucky winter.” Kevin said.
“ Then I will take you up on that.” Angela responded with a smile.
“ Good.” Kevin said writing his number down for her and handing her the small card.
“ Alright see you soon.” Angela said hugging him again as they headed into the main room. Billy came running towards his mother.
“ Momma are we ready to go?” Billy asked rubbing his sleepy eyes.
“ We sure are. Are you sleepy?”
“ Yeah. Are we going to call grandma and grandpa tonight?”
“ Yes we sure are. Come on we must hurry back to the hotel or they will be in bed before we can call.”
“ Ok. Thanks for the fun.” Billy said looking at Kevin.
“ Anytime Billy.” Kevin said as Billy shook his hand. Billy took Angela’s hand and they left the room. Kevin looked around to see the others looking at him. Kevin nodded and grabbed his coat and headed out the door.