- Text Size +
*Chapter 10*
“Oh god,” Glory moaned thrusting her hips down to meet Orlando’s for the final time. Orlando grunted and held on to her hips until she finally stopped moving and looked down at him. (A/N: yes I know that was unnecessary but oh well, it’s not my brian/brain that’s trying to claw itself out now)

“Do we really have to go back today?” Orlando asked letting his death grip on her hips loosen a little. He knew Dom would tease him to the breaking point if he saw bruises on Glory’s hips.

“Yes,” Glory laughed and leaned down to kiss him before coming back up. “I have to see what kinds of messes Dom and Nick have created for me now.” She grinned.

“That can wait one more day,” Orlando groaned as she rolled her hips to tease him.

“My aunt is going to be here any minute to bring us a fresh change of clothes,” She grinned. The two had spent the past few days running around naked which didn’t bother Glory that much anymore, but she didn’t want to have to put her dress back on from the wedding so she had asked her aunt to bring them more clothes today so they could head back. “And we have to go to London soon anyways.”

“No one would miss us if we didn’t come back until right before the plane takes off,” Orlando tried to convince her. He pushed his hips up trying to tell her to move again.

“Again?” Glory asked teasing him some more. Orlando nodded his head yes fiercely. “I’m telling you my aunt’s going to walk in here any minute,” Glory laughed. “And anyways I have to finish one more painting before we leave.”

“Less talking love, more grinding,” Orlando took hold of her hips again forcing her to move. Glory leaned down to kiss his chest when she heard the front door to the cabin open.

“Hello kids,” Lynn walked right in to the room not even bother to shield her eyes. “I brought you the clothes you wanted.”

“Thanks Aunt Lynn,” Glory said trying to keep her face from turning another shade of red. “Do you think you could wait outside or something?” Glory asked pulling the sheets further up around her body. She knew her aunt couldn’t see anything from where she was standing but she sure as hell knew what they were doing.

“I’m sorry for interrupting,” Lynn giggled and set the stack of clothes she had brought on the dresser. “I’ll leave you two alone. You’re friends though are waiting out by the pool eating,” She said turning around to head out the door. “Glory is that a new tattoo on your back?” She asked laughing.

“Yes Aunt Lynn,” Glory said in a monotone voice. “Thanks for the clothes now please leave,” Glory turned to see her aunt shake her head before walking out the door. Glory heard the screen door slam shut before she started laughing.

“That wasn’t funny you know,” Orlando tried to hide his giggles. “She could have seen one of us naked.”

“I know,” Glory laughed. “But that’s my family for you. At least she didn’t give us advice on which position works better.”

“Well, I think we go back now love,” Orlando grinned. “She just killed the mood.”

“I noticed,” Glory joked and got off Orlando wrapping the sheet around her body. “Looks like she brought you jeans and a tee shirt while I got a skirt and tank top,” Glory frowned seeing the long denim skirt her aunt had brought for her. “Oh well,” Glory shrugged and threw Orlando’s clothes to him as she slid hers on.

“I thought you had all your paintings done,” Orlando commented as he slid his jeans on.

“Nope, just the one. I thought if I came here it would help me for inspiration,” Glory explained as she thought about everything she might have missed back at the house. She was almost positive the guys had been bugging Winona but what exactly they had done was still on Glory’s mind.

“And did it?” Orlando asked walking over to her and sliding his hands around her waist.

“Yeah but I don’t think my dad will be thrilled if I start painting nude pictures of you.” Glory laughed.

“So you really are going to tell him about us?” Orlando turned her around in his arms so she was finally facing him. He had let everything about her father slip for the past few weeks but now he knew he had to push her.

“I don’t know,” Glory admitted trying to free herself of his arms but he kept her close. “I don’t even know if I really want to talk to him at the gallery opening.”

“He’s going to be there you know,” Orlando reminded her as if she didn’t already know this fact. “You can’t go the entire night without talking to him.”

“He doesn’t care what I do with my life,” Glory shook her head. Most parents wouldn’t have let their daughter drop out of school at age fifteen or move to New Zealand for a year with an artist/actor twenty years older then her or get married right after her twentieth birthday. “As long as I still let him show my paintings in his museum so he can tell people he discovered me.”

“He’s not like that anymore,” Orlando let his arms drop from around her knowing she didn’t want to have this conversation and was willing to do anything including kicking him to get out of it. “Just please talk to him,” Orlando tried to give her his best puppy dog face. “For me?”

Glory sighed out loud, she never could resist that face. “Fine, I might talk to him for a split second when I have a chance,” Glory told him. “But that’s it. I’m not talking to him outside the museum.”

“I’ll take that,” Orlando laughed and threw his arms around her again. He picked her up in the air swinging her around. “I’m so happy,” He laughed kissing her gently.

“Whoa, dizzy,” Glory laughed as he set her back down. She faked being overly dizzy stumbling a little before composing herself again. “We should go back,” Glory took Orlando’s arm hooking hers into his. “Are you ready for the jokes?”

“I think I can handle them,” Orlando laughed. The guys would definitely be ready with a whole week’s worth of jokes saved up for the newlyweds as soon as they got back to the house. “It helps that they’re afraid of you.”

“Tell that one to me right after I find out what Dom and Nick have been up to,” Glory mumbled as they walked down the path heading back to the main house. Just like Glory’s aunt had told them to expect, all their friends were gathered down by the pool finishing their dinner. Glory had to laugh at the fact that her aunt was the only cook the island had. She figured that would keep the woman busy for at least a few more hours since the regular guests had come back after the wedding.

“It’s about time you two got back,” Elijah came up to them throwing his arms around the two of them. That was something Glory loved about the kid, he was very touchy feely and loved giving hugs. “We thought we would have to call someone to pry you two out.”

“I still have a painting to finish,” Glory told him trying to ignore his last comment.

“And look, she can still walk straight,” Dom came over followed by Billy.

“No bite marks either,” Billy commented as Glory looked him over. He was still wearing the kilt he had worn to the wedding. “He wasn’t too rough on you was he Glory?” Billy teased her.

“Yeah fuck off,” Glory used her infamous line on him again before leaning over to Elijah. “Psst! Is there a reason he’s still wearing a kilt?” She whispered loudly enough for everyone to hear her.

“I ran out of other clothes and this was the only thing I had left that was reasonably clean,” Billy explained.

“Sure,” Glory laughed. “You could always do laundry you know.”

“Me? Do laundry?” Billy laughed. “I’m a world famous actor, I don’t do my own laundry.”

“Wow, I was gone a whole week and his head got stuck up his own ass,” Glory teased him right back. At least now the attention was on the Scot and not her.

“I was in a movie with Russell Crow you know,” Billy continued on before breaking into a laugh. “Your aunt is taking care of my laundry. She said she didn’t want any of her guests having to lift a finger.”

“That would be her,”Glory shook her head at her aunt’ over eagerness to please everyone. Glory looked around the area spotting Winona standing next to Nick on the edge of the pool. They seemed to be having a conversation as AJ looked on. Glory raised an eyebrow seeing the way AJ was staring at her talking to Nick. She could tell her tattooed friend wasn’t liking the idea of Winona and Nick too much. Glory mentally patted herself on the back for thinking up that idea. Glory turned back to the guys in front of her reminding herself to go over and talk to Winona before she went back into the house if she could.

“Earth to Glory,” Dom waved his hand in front of her face as Glory realized the conversation she was supposed to be engaged in had continued without her even noticing. “What were you thinking about?”

“Nothing,” Glory shook her head trying to get back into the conversation that was beginning to consist of jokes again. Glory felt Orlando’s hand rest against her back again as she watched the guys talk. She was about to say something when a sudden gust of wind swept across the pool off of the ocean. Billy was mid-sentence when the gust hit. He kept right on talking not even noticing the wind had pushed his kilt up. Glory let out a slight chuckle covering her eyes with her hands. Everyone had stopped their conversations to stare at Billy’s bare lower half, even Winona was looking over now. “You wanna be the one to tell him or should I?” Glory whispered to Elijah.

“I don’t think I want to even go there,” Elijah laughed.

“Hey Billy, you feel a breeze or anything?” She asked motioning downward with her eyes. He looked down realizing what everyone was laughing about and quickly pushed the fabric back down. “That’s why only women wear skirts.” Glory told him.

“It’s not a skirt,” Billy argued. (A/N: he wouldn’t have said that in real life, he would have used this cute lil Scottish word in place of not but I can’t spell it and it might break my spell check if I try)

“And your skirt is still too high,” Elijah joked trying his best to not look at Billy.

“It’s nothing you haven’t seen before,” Billy shook his head. Glory tried her best to keep from crying from laughing so hard. This was what she had missed most coming back from New Zealand. These guys were completely out of their minds. They didn’t care if their friends saw them naked just as long as it was funny the way it happened.

“On the bright side, I always wondered what you guys wore underneath the kilts.” Glory commented as she walked towards the house wanting to see if her mother had left yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“That was interesting,” AJ walked up to Winona as soon as Nick had left. He had went inside with most of the other group while Winona had stayed to watch the sunset through the tall palm trees blocking the view of the ocean. She had always loved the ocean in her own way. It was so much bigger then her it had nearly frightened her as a kid, but now it was calming. She figured that was due in part to moving to LA where everything was so hectic. She was glad at the end of the day to come home to listen to the sounds of the beach since her house was situated in between Venice Beach and LA.

“That’s why I’m glad I didn’t get to meet most of them in New Zealand,” She laughed as AJ sat down in the long grass beside her.

“You didn’t get to meet them? I thought Glory said you lived down there with her for like a year or something.” AJ took his sunglasses off and set them down next to her.

“I did for a total of three months. The only people I got close to where Viggo, Liv, and Sean.” Winona admitted. She was surprised Sean hadn’t shown up the wedding as she made a mental note to call him the next day and check up on that. She figured it probably had something to do with the fact that he and his wife did have two children.

“You seem to be pretty close to Dom,” AJ reminded her.

“Yes but I don’t think anything will ever come of that,” Winona told him. “Glory doesn’t want him or Nick dating me or any of her friends for that matter.”

“I see,” AJ grinned to himself. Glory would have to get a bouquet of flowers for her plan to keep Dom and Nick away. “Can we have that talk now?” AJ asked sheepishly trying his best to be shy for a change. “That is if you’re not busy.”

“I should go talk to Glory, but I guess she can wait,” Winona laughed. Seeing Glory was the last thing on her mind right now as she watched AJ’s face light up.

“I was thinking sometime soon we would have to get away.” AJ told her.

“We are away, Hawaii is as far away as you can get,” Winona laughed.

“I mean the two of us, or at least somewhere where Nick and Dom won’t be around to interrupt us,” AJ explained. He didn’t know what he was getting himself into with this, but he was drawn to this woman.

“I think I could arrange that,” Winona smiled at him. “The only problem is Christmas is coming up pretty soon.”

“That’s perfect,” AJ raised an eyebrow at her. “Why don’t you go to London in a few days with Glory and Orlando for her gallery opening and then we can spend New Years just the two of us in London.”

“I don’t know, I think I should check with my mom before I make plans for Christmas,” Winona shook her head again. It was the middle of December already and she had yet to even call her house to see what was going on. She didn’t really want to have to spend another holiday in that woman’s house but that was her only family after all. She knew Glory was definitely going to stay in England once she got there since Orlando’s family lived there so that was one less person to party with on New Years. “I’ll have to think about this.”

“What’s to think about?” AJ laughed again. “All you do is get on the plane with us and then we have fun in London.”

“What about our families?” She laughed along with him. There was something about him that made her want to smile all the time.

“What about them? I think they can manage to have one holiday without us,” AJ said looking out across the water as the sun rapidly lost more light. “Live a little, I promise you will have fun.”

“I’ll still have to think about this,” Winona told him. She wasn’t exactly known for her spontaneity. She was the one always running after Glory when she decided to do something insanely crazy like flying to Paris just to get a baguette. “I don’t think Glory would want me there though. This is her first showing in London in years. I get this feeling that there’s something there that she doesn’t want to face.”

“She won’t mind,” AJ told her. “She already invited me along plus Billy’s going to go over and last I heard Viggo was going to be there. One more person, especially you of all people, wouldn’t bother her.”

“But still,” Winona looked back behind her seeing Dom watching them from the sliding glass doors. “I don’t make split second decisions like that,” She nearly laughed at that statement. This probably wasn’t the best thing in the world to be telling AJ. He was the ‘bad boy’ of the Backstreet Boys. “Let me think about it and then I’ll tell you.”

“Okay,” AJ grinned. “Just get back to me quick.” He leaned over and gave her a quick peck on the cheek before standing up and pushing the grass off his legs. “I’m going to go inside and see if Nick and Aaron want to go see a movie or something.”

“Bye,” Winona waved him off. She laid back into the grass looking up at the sky. Stars were just starting to shine through as the sun finally set over the horizon. She hadn’t seen the stars in months. It had been almost ten months since she had been home to Ohio. That was the last time she had seen the stars. It was too bright in LA to see them. Even when she got out of LA, the lights were still too bright. She laid there watching the sky for nearly twenty minutes thinking about things. She had three guys after her and no clue what to do about it. She liked Dom’s sense of humor and AJ’s romantic side and Nick’s silliness. They all three seemed to be her type. She was starting to develop places in her heart for all three. Times like these made her want to date all three of them but that seemed so unfair to them plus Glory would have to choose between her friends and that wouldn’t end well for Winona. Maybe going to London was a good idea after all. She could take Cadence’s advice starting off with AJ. He seemed nice enough and if she wanted to bail at anytime Glory would still be in the same city to save her.

“Stupid heart,” Winona muttered to the sky. Even though she wanted with everything in her to love AJ, the man she had obsessed over for the past six years, she still thought about what it would be like to be with the other two guys too. She sighed out loud and decided she defiantly should go to London. Winona pushed herself up determined to find Glory and ask about joining her in London. She looked around the pool area trying to decide where to start. She glanced back over at the building that Dom had told her was Glory’s painting room. All the lights were on and some of the doors were open. The girl must have gone to do some work, Winona reasoned with herself. She slid her flip flops back on and walked towards the room only to have Dom jump in front of her.

We have got to stop meeting like this,” Dom joked. Winona laughed a little walking past him. “What? No ‘hi Dom how are you tonight’?”

Winona turned back around to face him. “Hi Dom, how are you tonight?” She asked with a grin spreading across her face.

“Excellent now that I have found you,” He tried sweet talking her. He wanted to prove to her he could be romantic if he wanted to. “And you?”

“Fine, actually looking for Glory. You wouldn’t happen to have seen her would you?” Winona asked looking into the room through one of the doors. A blank canvas was sitting out on an easel with paint scattered about. The radio was still blaring some rock song Winona couldn’t quite place her finger on even though it sounded vaguely familiar. Glory must have left everything out again.

“I think she said something about going to find more blue paint,” Dom shrugged his shoulders. “Why were you looking for her?”

“I just wanted to ask her something about her trip to London this weekend.” Winona told him.

“Are you going with them?” Dom asked curiously. He had never been to one of Glory's art shows before. It was beginning to sound like a lot of fun.

“I was thinking about it,” Winona lied to him. She had stopped thinking about sometime after she had left the pool area and decided to ignore the little voice in her head that was telling her this is a bad idea. She wondered how glory managed to tune that voice out or if she even had one to begin with.

“That’s good, I was thinking about going myself.” Dom stated proudly.

“Really?” Winona turned to him in the moonlight. “I mean you don’t seem like the type that would want to stand around a gallery looking at paintings for three hours.” Winona told him trying to cover up her surprise. Just when she thought she had it down to one guy, in came another.

“I’m hurt by that,” Dom joked placing his hand over his heart. “Actually, I’m quite an art buff myself. That’s why I wanted Viggo to introduce me to Glory the first day he brought her on set.”

“I see,” Winona laughed. “Well, I hope to see you there,” Winona said determined to get away from him. The longer she stayed around him, the more she wanted to be with him and that wasn’t good right now.

“Where are you going?” Dom laughed and grabbed her arm.

“I need to find Glory,” Winona reminded him.

“Maybe I should help you find her,” Dom whispered closing in on her. He leaned down and kissed her swiftly on the lips. “She can be very elusive when she wants to be.” Dom mumbled before kissing her again.

Every sane thought Winona had in her body was telling her to stop him before she couldn’t force herself to make him stop. “Wait, we shouldn’t be doing this here,” Winona said pulling away quickly. She looked over at him seeing the lust in his eyes for her. She grabbed the sides of his face and kissed him again. “What if Glory comes back?” She whispered against his lips.

Dom’s eyes opened at the though. “You’re right,” He said backing up. “I need to prove to her that I can date you without being like I normally am with women,” Dom sighed. “I will see you later on I guess,” Dom kissed her hand letting his eyes meet hers again before he slipped off in the darkness.

Winona leaned her head against the coolness of the building. “What am I going to do?” She asked herself.




Meanwhile, Glory set her paint on the ledge leaning around the corner to get a better view of what was going on right outside her painting room. She watched as the pair kissed once, then twice, and even a third time before he walked off leaving her to wonder about what was going on. Glory watched as Winona walked off towards the main house before she grabbed her paint again, the anger growing in the pit of her stomach. She couldn’t believe Dom would stoop that low to go behind her back like that. She knew he and Nick both would try and convince Winona that she should date them, but Glory never thought Dom would kiss her like that. Glory grabbed a paint brush and dipped into the paint before flinging the brush at the canvas letting her anger take over. All she could see was the red seeping into her brain.

This was how Glory painted half the time. She let whatever emotion she was having build up in her stomach before she let it take over her body coming out in the form of paint on her canvas. Every single emotion she had ever felt for someone was in a painting of hers. This would be her angry painting.

Twenty minutes later Glory let out an earth shattering scream before dropping to the ground, her hands covered in paint. The painting was done but she still was mad and feeling betrayed by Dom. Glory stood up, pushed the hair out of her face effectively getting yellow paint smeared across her face and stormed off towards the kitchen.

Nick was sitting at the counter eating an apple by himself watching the ocean through the picture window in the breakfast nook. “Hey Glory,” He greeted her as she walked into the kitchen and started tearing through drawers.

“Knife, knife,” Glory searched another cabinet. “If I were a knife, where would I hide?” Glory asked herself stopping in the middle of the kitchen to look around.

“And who are you pissed at now?” Nick said not even bothering to look at her but keeping his attention on the half eaten apple in his hand.

“Dom,” Glory answered shortly still looking for the knives.

“And what did he do?” Nick asked.

“Messed with Winona,” Glory answered in the same fashion.

Nick looked up at her panicked a little. “You’re mad at him for that?”

“Yes,” Glory looked over at him seeing the fear in his eyes. “You didn’t happen to kiss her did you?” Glory asked. “Because that’s what Dom did. Did you kiss her Nick and don’t even bother to lie to me Carter you know you can’t.”

“I,” Nick paused looking over at her appearance. Paint covered her hands and arms dripping down on to the sweat pants and tee shirt she was wearing. Her hair was sticking up in a thousand different places to add to the disheveled look. “I may have.”

“Run Nick,” Glory told him in a low voice. “Run now, run as far as you can before I find the knives.” She warned him.

“I just wanted to say,” Nick started before dropping his apple and running out the side door wondering where in the hell he was supposed to go. He was on an island, one with one bridge. She knew the island better then she knew LA.

While Nick was contemplating a hiding spot, Glory had finally found the butcher knives. She grinned to herself as she picked up the two longest ones and headed for the stairs. She knew Dom would probably be staying in the same room he always did so she walked up the door. “Stupid boy,” She murmured to herself pushing the unlocked door open. Dom was inside lying on the bed.

“Hey Glory, I just got back from talking to Orlando, I guess I’m going with you to London,” He looked over at her before his smile faded. “What’s wrong?”

“You kissed Winona,” Glory held up the first knife. “I told you, you couldn’t date my friends and I meant it.” She said throwing the knife as hard as she could. It stuck to the wall right above Dom’s bed.

“You’re crazy,” Dom exclaimed as she held up the other knife. “I’m twenty-eight years old, I can date who ever I want to.” Dom tried to defend himself as he jumped off the bed to avoid her if she threw the other knife.

“But I asked you not to date Winona, you promised me you wouldn’t,” Glory closed in on him. “I would have been fine if you had just taken her out on a date or something, but you had to go and treat her like every other woman you’ve been with, like she’s some whore,” Glory screamed at him. “Well she’s not! She happens to be one of my best friends, almost like a sister to me.”

“I know this!” Dom yelled back. “I don’t have any intentions of hurting her.”

“You could have fooled me!” Glory yelled. “Of all the women, you just had to go and pick her.” Glory muttered to herself dropping the knife on the floor in front of her feet before turning to leave.

“Glory wait,” Dom reached to grab an arm but the paint made it easier for her to slide it away from him. “Would you please just let me explain?”

“No,” Glory mumbled not even bothering to look at him. “I don’t care what you have to say to me.” She insisted.

“If I told you I really liked her would that change anything?” Dom called after her. Glory turned around at the door to face him.

“That’s just it, you don’t like her the way you should,” Glory told him.

“And how do you know this? You’re not me,” Dom looked at her seeing the venom in her eyes fade. Now she just looked too hurt by him to be there. “I like her and I want to do my best to prove that to you and her.”

“Fine,” Glory shook her head and opened the door. Dom looked at her too stunned to say anything as she turned back around to face him. “But remember, I’ve known Nick and Winona both longer then you. When someone gets hurt, you’ll be the first to go.”

“Glory that’s not fair,” Dom tried to protest only to have her look him right in the eye.

“It’s not fair that you’re going to make me choose,” Glory spat at him. “It’s not fair that you promised me something and then broke that and I don’t think I can live with that.” She said softly as she walked out the door shutting the door behind her. Glory took a deep breath and went to her own room. She still had one more person to kill before she went to bed. As mad as she was at Dom, she had heard what he said to her about going to London not to mention she was sure a certain someone was involved in this whole mess.

She pushed her door open looking around the room. The TV was turned on to some infomercial but the bed was empty. The bathroom door though was partly shut. Glory walked over to the door pushing it too open to find Orlando lying in the bathtub halfway submerged in water. He looked up and smiled at her watching her walk in the door. “Did you finish your painting?”

“Yup,” Glory told him as she shut the bathroom door behind her. She grabbed her hairdryer off the counter and swiftly plugged it in. “And then I had an interesting conversation with Dom.”

“Oh really?” Orlando asked watching her walk up to the bathtub still carrying the blow dryer. She sat down on her knees right in front of the tub and rested her chin on the edge of the porcelain.

“You know, it’s really not smart for you to be naked in a tub full of water when your wife is homicidal,” Glory told him skimming her hand across the warm water.

“But my wife isn’t homicidal,” Orlando grinned at her knowing this was just another way for her to tease him. “She wouldn’t do anything.”

“Maybe I would. Did you know that my paintings will sell more if I go to jail, plead insanity and then get institutionalized?” Glory asked dangling the hair dryer over the water. Orlando tensed up watching her hold the cord up over the water. “So I heard you told Dom he could come to London with us.”

“I did do that,” Orlando told her. “Love, why don’t you put that dryer back on the counter?”

Glory rolled her eyes ignoring his comment. “Did you know I already asked AJ to go with us and try and talk Winona into going too?”

“Yes I did,” Orlando told her bravely. “But Dom is from England you know. I can’t very well tell him he can’t come home.”

“No, but you invited him to fly there with us to London to my showing,” Glory insisted as she let the cord loose a little catching it a few inches above the water. “And somehow he magically knows where I am all the time. I get the feeling he’s had a little help with that.”

“Glory, he’s a grown man, him and Nick both, you can’t control everything,” Orlando told her wishing he had gotten out of the bath a while ago.

“I don’t care,” Glory insisted. “They don’t know how to treat her right. All they know about women is based on all their flings with groupies.” She pulled the hair dryer away from the water and sat back on her ankles pulling away from the bathtub.

“Stop worrying about it,” Orlando sat up and reached out to grab her shoulders. “You can’t fix everything and everyone. You still need to fix you before you can tell others what to do,” Orlando pulled her closer to the tub before standing up slightly and pulling her up and in with him. He pulled her against his chest wrapping his arms around her.

“I was fine until five years ago you know,” Glory mumbled. “This wouldn’t have affected me then because I would have known what to do.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Orlando coaxed running his hand through her hair. “Everything will be okay,” He leaned down to kiss her forehead. She gave him a slight smile. “Now it seems you’re covered in paint. I think I need to wash you.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winona woke up at the crack of dawn, with the help of her trusty alarm clock of course, two days later. She had wanted to get up early to find Glory to scream at her until the woman got the point to stop messing up her life. The day before Glory had done a good job avoiding Winona by saying she had to make sure Elijah, Nick and Aaron and Viggo all got to the airport safely. Today though, Winona was determined to catch Glory before she could run away. Today was their last day in Hawaii. At five in the afternoon they were supposed to catch a flight to London so Winona knew this was her last chance to find Glory.

She showered and dressed sometime before the sun rose then headed off to scour the grounds. Lynn had seen her coming down the stairs and told her Glory had went to the beach ten minutes ago to surf for one of the last times that day before everyone else woke up. Winona put her shoes on and padded down the trail to find Glory standing in the sand watching the waves come in. Her surf board was lying out on the beach next to her feet along with the towel she had dropped. Winona approached her carefully walking around her. Glory looked over at her seeing Winona coming up beside her. “I always loved surfing here in the morning. There aren’t any boats or anything out from the other islands.” Glory looked back at the water. Winona looked over the girl seeing her wearing a bikini for the first time in her life. Winona’s eyes stopped at her chest (A/N: Ashley stop being perverted, that wasn’t meant like how you took it lol) once seeing the scars. “You’re the first person to come down her to join me, normally I put my half wet suit on over top of them,” Glory said watching where Winona was looking.

“Sorry,” Winona tore her eyes away from the scars.

“Don’t be, you didn’t put them there,” Glory joked. “So, why did you stalk me down here?”

“I wanted to yell at you,” Winona said softly. All of her courage had gone flying out the window seeing Glory’s scars. She had never told Winona anything about her past so this was a first. She couldn’t be completely mad at her now that she knew a part of Glory’s secret. “You yelled at Dom for kissing me.”

“I see he told you,” Glory said still looking out at the ocean. “I was just looking out for you.”

“Well don’t, I’m twenty years old. I can make my own decisions about people.” Winona argued.

“Why does everyone think I don’t know how old they are?” Glory chuckled to herself. “I know you can but you’ve known Dom and Nick for less then a month. I’ve known Nick my whole life and Dom for nearly four years. I know how they are.”

“And how are they exactly?” Winona asked. Her question came out snottier then she meant it to be but Glory just kept looking straight ahead knowing it was malicious.

“They are young, they both enjoy having women throw themselves at their feet,” Glory laughed slightly. “They’re not ready to give that up yet.”

“But Dom had a girlfriend.” Winona protested feeling an urge to stand up for the guys.

“He only dated her for a month,” Glory told her. “And it was part of screw a pop star week. Elijah was trying to get to Christina Aguilera but she was out of town,” Winona looked over at her horrified at the thought of the guys making a game out of women. “They’re all good guys but they’re Hollywood,” Glory tried to explain. “They’re not ready for anything other then flings.”

“They could change,” Winona said softly.

“They could, but I wouldn’t put my money on it,” Glory shrugged. “Just don’t hold your breath waiting for either one of them to sweep you off your feet for more then one night, you’ll just end up hurt,” Glory mumbled before reaching down to pick up her surf board.

“So you’re not mad at them anymore?” Winona asked.

“Not mad, hurt that they would go behind my back but life goes on. It’s not like I haven’t been stabbed in the back before anyways,” Glory told her. “Literally,” She laughed and pointed to two more knife scars on her shoulder blades. “I’ll get over it sooner or later.”

“But how much later?” Winona asked her quietly.

“Come on, let’s surf. Go get changed, I want to see what Nick taught you before we leave.” Glory laughed and ran into the oncoming surf. Winona shook her head thinking something would never change about that girl.



Throughout the flight to London Winona kept thinking back to the conversation she had had with Glory out on the beach. Dom would look over at her every few minutes or so and smile at her reassuringly. Before talking to Glory, Winona was sure Dom and Nick were both after her because they really truly liked her but now she wasn’t sure. After having those thought she would look over at AJ sleeping peacefully in his sleep snoring lightly before Glory would smack him with a pillow. “Stupid heart,” Winona mumbled to herself again. Why did she have to be in love with three men? Why couldn’t her life be normal for a change? Winona asked herself those questions over and over again in her head until she stepped off the plane. “Oh look, it’s London.” Glory grinned at Winona’s comment