- Text Size +
*Chapter 5 *

“Well there went two possible dates,” Winona thought.

She took her sprite and walked back to the table.

“Where is Glory”? Orlando asked.

“Yelling at Nick and Dom” She replied.

“Why what did they do now”? He asked.

“They both were arguing because they wanted to dance with me and than she came to the bar and I believe she is yelling at them that they can’t date her friends”. Winona answered.

“Oh I see” Orlando laughed.

He knew that she was protective of her friends.

“Why do you look so unhappy“? Johnny asked her.

“I am not I am fine” she told him.

Johnny gave her a skeptical look but decided not to press her any further.

“I am going to go out and dance anyone want to come”? Winona asked standing up.

She was determined to have a good time at with or without a date.

“I will go” Aaron replied standing up. “I am really bored just sitting here”.

Orlando watched as they walked on to the dance floor and laughed when Aaron nearly got trampled.

Glory walked out of the VIP room and back to the table with everyone.

“Hey stranger” Orlando joked.

“Hey yourself” She answered.

“What did you do with Dom and Nick“? He asked.

“They are still in the VIP room,” She answered.

“You mean their bodies” Johnny joked.

Glory rolled her eyes. “That’s right”. “Besides how did you know I went to talk to them”?

“Winona told us that you were probably yelling at them”. Orlando explained.

“Oh” She said.

She looked around. “Has Cadence come back yet”?

“No I think she is still out talking to Todd,” Orlando told her.

Orlando stood up. “Let’s go dance again”.

Glory shrugged. “Lead the way”.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well“? Todd asked. “Its not rocket science do you want me here”?

Cadence looked at him and into his brown eyes. She could see that they were full of sincerity.

“I do want you here” Cadence finally replied. “Only if you promise that you will at least try and be a better boyfriend”.

“I promise” He replied.

He scooted closer to her and they shared a romantic kiss. Cadence could feel the spark that she had been longing for a long time. After they parted.

“So how was that” He asked with a big smile.

“Heaven” She answered.

Todd stood up and held out his hand “let’s go back inside”.

Cadence smiled and took it as she stood up. They both walked in hand and hand.

“I can see you guys worked everything out” Johnny guessed.

“Yep everything is perfect” Cadence replied.

“Would you like to dance”? Todd asked.

“Only if you want to,” she answered.

Todd smiled and gave her hand a squeeze. “I want to”.

As they made their way to dance, a slow song came on. Todd held her close as she laid her head on his shoulder. She saw Winona and Aaron walking off the dance floor. Winona flashed her a thumbs up on her way out. Cadence smiled.

“This is nice,” He whispered in her ear.

“Yeah it is,” She agreed. “It’s been ages since I felt loved like this”.

“Guys I hate to split this up but we should really be getting going it’s getting pretty late,” Glory said coming up to them with Orlando behind her.

“Ok” Cadence replied as her and Todd broke apart.

“I am going to go find everyone else so meet me at the table in a few minutes ok,” Glory instructed.

“Got you” Todd replied.

“Don’t talk,” She said shaking her head.

Cadence and Todd walked over to the table and joined Aaron, Johnny, Vanessa and Winona.

“ So are we only missing Dom and Nick”? Cadence asked.

“ Well technically its only Dom because Nick and Aaron didn’t come with us, remember”. Winona said.

“ Oh yeah” Cadence replied.

Winona shook her head and laughed knowing that when it came to Nick she had a one track mind.

“ Ok we are all here” Glory announced coming with Nick, Orlando and Dom.

“ We it was nice meeting you guys” Nick said.

“ Nice meeting you” everyone replied.

“ I am sorry we didn’t have that dance” Nick said to Winona apologetically.

“ Its ok” Winona answered.

“ I will make it up to you” He promised.

Winona smiled.

“ Come on Aaron” He said.

“ Bye everyone and thanks again Glory” He said.

Glory winked at him and waved at the two blonde headed Carters. Once they were out of sight she looked at the group.

“ Lets head out”.
~*~
About an hour, later Glory and Orlando were the last dropped off. Orlando grabbed the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door. They walked into the door.

“I am so tired,” Orlando complained as he turned on the lights.

“Me too” Glory agreed.

“Did you have a fun evening”? Orlando asked her.

He always made sure that she was happy in everything that they did together.

“Yeah I did how about you”?

“It was a lot of fun,” He answered. “You know I do think that you should lighten up on Dom and Nick”.

“Look I think that it would be a very bad idea if either one dated Winona or Cadence”. Glory argued.

“I can tell that Dom really likes her though,” Orlando pointed out.

“I am really tired we will talk about it later,” Glory said.

She hoped that he would forget about it.
Orlando walked into the bedroom and took off his shirt. Glory watched with much want, as he started undressing to get ready for bed. She smiled a mischievous smile, walked over to Orlando, and kissed him hard o the mouth. He responded by wrapping his masculine arms around her waste. She finished undressing him till he was naked and nibbled on his earlobes.

“I like that” She told him.

“You always say that when I am not wearing anything” he pointed out

“Yep” She answered.

After they both were ready for bed, they got in and Glory snuggled up against him.

“Night Orli”.

“Night baby” He answered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Glory was working on her painting some more. She took some green paint and added some more onto the painting to make the green a shade darker.

“I am leaving” Orlando announced bas he walked in to give her a kiss.

“Where are you going?” She asked.

“Dom and I are going out to do guy stuff,” He answered.

Glory raised her eyebrows. “Oh like what”?

“Well Dom and I were going to go and shoot some pool and stuff,” Orlando answered.

“Ok have fun,” She said kissing him on the cheek.

After Orlando left, she spent an hour on her painting before starting to get bored. Suddenly the phone rang.

“Hello”

“Uh Hi is this Glory”? A male voice asked.

“Yes it is,” She answered.

“Hey this is Aaron am I calling at a bad time”? He asked timidly.

Glory laughed at the poor boy. He was always afraid to ask her stuff.

“No your not calling at a bad time is there anything I can help you with”? She asked him.

“Uh yes kind of” He replied.

“What is it”? She asked.

“I was wondering if you could take me to get my eyebrow pierced today”. He told her.

She smiled at the boy’s excitement at a piercing. “Sure I will be over their in a half hour to pick you up”.

“Awe thanks Glory you’re the best,” He said.

Glory hung up with him and decided to take a shower and change before going. Fifteen minutes she was ready to leave. She grabbed her keys and than the phone rang again.

“Hello”.

“Hey Glory what are you up to”? Cadence asked.

“I am on my way out” She replied.

“Where you going”?

“I am running an errand for someone” Glory told her.

“Oh cool can I come I am really board” She whined. “I was calling to see if you wanted to come over”.

“Where is Todd”? Glory asked her.

“He went back home to pack his stuff since he is moving in with me” She explained.

“ Alright but I am in a hurry so you better be ready to go and when I say ready I mean you walk out of your house when I honk the horn”. Glory warned.

“Don’t worry I will” She promised. “But I do have one other request”.

“What is it I really have to leave if I am going to come get you?” She told her impatiently.

“ Well see when I called to ask you if you wanted to come over I already called Winona before you and she is on her way here and I don’t want to ditch her since I am the one that called her” Cadence explained.

“Fine she can come too,” She told her.

“Cool so where are we going”? Cadence asked.

“I will explain after I pick you guys up” Glory replied.

“Ok see you when you get there,” Cadence said.

“Ok bye” Glory hung up the phone and was out the door.
~*~

“This is so cool” Cadence exclaimed.

Glory had just gotten done explaining what was on the agenda and neither girl could be happier about going to see Nick’s house or spending some time with Aaron.

“Won’t Jane be mad when she finds out what Aaron is doing”? Winona asked.

“ Yes but we have a deal that he is not to tell her I took him to do this and that Nick had noting to do with it”. Glory replied.

Glory pulled into Nick’s driveway and parked the car.

“I will be back both of you stay here,” She instructed.

“But I want to come with you” Cadence whined.

“Stay put,” She repeated pointing her finger at both girl’s as she got out.

She walked up to the door and knocked. A few seconds later Aaron appeared.

“Ready to go Air boy” She asked ruffling his hair.

“Yes and please don’t call me that or touch the do,” He warned. “I am taking you to get this done so I can say and do anything that I want,” She told him.

“I don’t approve of this,” Nick said coming up behind Aaron.

“Nick its ok” She assured him.

“My mom is going to kill both him and me,” He told her.

“She won’t I have that all figured out” She said rolling her eyes.

“It better be good,” He warned her. “Cause If I get blamed than you are a dead woman”.

“Carter what are you going to do”? She asked him folding her hands in front of her.

Nick looked at the ground knowing full well that there wasn’t anything he could do. She was stronger than he was.

“Yeah that’s I thought” she said. “Anything else”?

“Yeah actually there is,” He told her firmly.

“What would that be” She sighed. “You are just full of complaints today”.

“Why can’t I date Winona”? He asked.

“Oh for the love of bob it’s not up for discussion”
.
“ But why you never gave a good explanation” He told her.

“ Because I explained it last night and I am not about to repeat myself”.

“ She is the first girl I took an interest to in a long time” He whined.

“ That doesn’t make me feel sorry for you” She told him.

Nick gave her a puppy dog look.

“ Not working Carter”. She sighed walking away. “Come on Aaron”.

Aaron walked out the door and to the car. Glory laughed and shook her head when she heard Nick stomp his foot like a five year old not getting his way before slamming the door shut.

~*~

“Does this hurt a lot”? Aaron asked Glory.

“It hurts but not a lot” She replied.

They were waiting on the person to come out with the gun.

“Don’t worry it will be ok” She assured him.

“Ok are you ready”? The guy named Woody asked Aaron.

Glory had known him for years and never went to anyone but him when getting a tattoo or piercing.

“Yes” Aaron told him.

A few minutes later Aaron looked into the mirror. “I love it”.

“I think it looks good,” Winona told him.

“Yeah Aaron good choice” Glory told him.

Aaron paid for everything.

“I want to get a third hole in my ears,” Winona said.

“Go for it” Glory told her.

So woody pierced Winona’s ears again.

“Looks cute” Aaron told her.

“Thanks I like it” She replied as she paid.

“Ok guys ready to go”? Glory asked.

“I am” Aaron replied. “Me too” Winona agreed.

Glory looked around for Cadence and fond her looking at the belly button rings. She walked over to her. “Want to get it done”?

“Yes but it looks too painful” She replied.

“It doesn’t hurt that much just ask me or Winona,” Glory told her.

“Still isn’t there anyway you can numb it”? Cadence asked.

“No” Winona said coming up to the girl’s with Aaron following.

“Than I think I will pass” she replied.

Glory rolled her eyes and grabbed the girl’s arm. “This is ridiculous”.

“Woody she wants her belly button done,” She told him.

He laughed. “Ok than”.

“No its going to hurt” Cadence complained.

“No it won’t” Winona told her.

“Fine but If it really hurts and your lying than I am going to be so mad,” She warned them.

Glory laughed. “No you won’t”.

“Ready” Woody asked as he brought out the needle and finished stretching it out.

“Yes” Cadence replied through gritted teeth.

Glory rolled her eyes and Cadence shook her head. Aaron could see that she was afraid and that she was in some pain from the clamp.

He walked over to her and grabbed her hand. “Give my hand a squeeze when it hurts”.

Cadence gave him a smile and took a hold of his hand. She couldn’t help but think how sweet he was.

“Done its in” Woody said.

“Wow already”? She asked amazed.

“Yeah see it wasn’t so bad,” Winona said.

“It really wasn’t”.

“I tried to tell you”. Glory said. “But you didn’t believe me as usual”.

“Thanks Aaron” She smiled.

“No problem” He replied.

“Are you getting something pierced”? Woody asked Glory.

“Might as well” She replied.

Glory usually when taking a friend to a piercing or Tattoo place ended up getting something.

“So what will it be this time“? Cadence asked. “You have like everything pierced”.

“So”? She shrugged.

“I think today I will get my nose pierced a very tiny stud” She told him.

“Ok” He said.

A few minutes layer Glory examined the tiny stud. “ I really like it.

“ I do too” Aaron agreed.

“ Its weird looking” Cadence said.

“ Its so cool” Winona told her. “ But isn’t Orlando going to kill you”.

“ No he doesn’t care what I do with my body anymore” Glory replied. “ Just as long as it’s not on someone else”. Glory walked to the counter and paid.

“ Thanks for everything Woody” Glory said.

“ Not a problem It was my pleasure” He replied with a smile.

“ Woody would you do me a tiny favor”? She asked sweetly.

“ What is it”? He asked.

“ Don’t tell my father”.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orlando, Johnny, and Dom all decided to go to the local pool hall to play some pool, darts and have a guy day.

“So have you guys thought of a date yet” .Dom asked as he took a swig of his beer.

“Yeah actually we came up with a date last night” Orlando replied taking his shot.

“Oh so when is it”? Johnny asked.

“Next Saturday” He replied.

“Next Saturday”? Dom repeated. “As in six days a way next Saturday”.

“Yep” he answered.

“How are you going to throw a wedding in that short of time”? Johnny asked.

“Actually we are eloping to Hawaii,” Orlando told them.

“Eloping why”? Dom asked.

“We don’t want a long engagement and it’s the best way to escape the press,” He explained.

“That’s a good idea”. Dom said.

“Yeah it was Glory’s idea,” Orlando told them.

“I want to have a big wedding when I

“When do you plan on popping the question“? Orlando asked him.

“I am not sure but soon I hope,” He answered.

“Yeah that’s a good idea considering you do have two kids with the woman” Orlando joked.

“Yeah and you are forty” Dom said.

“Thank you guys your making me feel so young”. Johnny said with a laugh.

“Yeah well we can’t help it,” Orlando told him.

“Its our job as your friends,” Dom explained.

“So have you talked to Mandy lately”? Johnny asked trying to get the light shined at someone else.

“Nope we have been having problems lately” He replied.

“Problems”? “What kind of problems”? Orlando asked.

“We just don’t click anymore” He started. “I know that she feels that way too so I am going to break it off when she gets back into town”.

“And that would be”? Johnny pressed.

“Thursday night” He answered.

“Good luck man” Orlando said patting him on the back.

“I have my eye on someone,” Dom told them.

“Who”? Johnny asked.

“Winona” he replied.

Orlando gave him a look. “You know that Glory would kill you if you dated any of her friend’s right”.

“Yeah I know she made it clear last night,” Dom answered. “That’s why I was wondering if you would talk to her”.

“Oh no I am not going to do that”. Orlando told him shaking his head.

“Please’? Dom begged.

“No I am not going to get her mad at me especially before we get married,” Orlando said.

“Will you at least bring it up that I am unhappy and breaking up with my current girlfriend and that you think in your opinion Winona would be a good match for me”? Dom asked.

Orlando saw the pitiful look Dom had on his face.

“Ok ill do it”.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Glory had dropped her home Cadence walked in the door and set down her bag of cleaning supplies for the piercing she had just got. She walked into the kitchen and looked through the mail pile.

“Junk” She muttered.

Cadence felt a furry thing rubbing against her leg. She looked down and bent to pet the fur ball.

“Hey Malcolm” She said rubbing the orange kitten’s tine ears.

Suddenly the phone rang and she stood up to get it.

“Hello”

“Hey baby” Todd’s voice said.

“Hey Todd what’s going on”? She asked.

“Not much I am missing you like crazy right now” He answered sweetly.

“Todd you just saw me yesterday” She pointed out with a giggle.

“I know but still,” He said.

“Are you packing up your stuff”? She asked looking through her cabinets for something good to eat.

“ Yep as we speak” He responded.

“ I can’t wait tll you move in with me” Cadence gushed.

“ Me neither us being closer will help to repair our relationship” He told her.

“ Yeah I agree with that” she said. “ When are you coming”?

“ I hope by this upcoming weekend” He replied. “ I want to pack as much as I can in my car to transport there that way I can send for the rest later”.

“ That’s a great idea” She told him.

“ So what did you do today’? He asked her.

“ I went out with Aaron, Winona and Glory today” She replied.

“ That’s cool what did you all do”? he asked suspicious.

“ We went to a piercing and tattoo shop” She answered.

“ Why in the world did you go there” He asked obviously surprised.

“ Aaron got his eyebrow pierced, Winona got a third hole in her ears, Glory got her nose pierced and I” She stopped.

“ You what”?

“ Promise you won’t get mad”? She asked him timidly.

She didn’t want him to blow up at her.

“ I promise now tell me what did you do”? he said.

“ I got my belly button pierced” She told him finally.

“ You did”? he asked.

Cadence couldn’t tell whether or not he was made but in the case that he was she was ready with an argument.

“ Yeah I did do you have a problem with that” She asked in a challenging voice.

“ Baby don’t get bent out of shape I think that’s great” He said laughing.

“ You do”? she asked him making sure.

“ Yeah I do I think that’s very sexy” He told her.

She laughed. “ Uh thanks”.

“ Well I need to go and finish packing” He told her sadly.

“ Ok” She replied.

“ I love you and I will call you later tonight” He said.

“ You better” She replied in a firm but teasing tone. “ I love you too”.

“ Bye honey”.

“ Bye” She answered.

Cadence hung up the phone and smiled.

“ Maybe things will get better from now on” She thought.