- Text Size +
*Chapter 7*

“Wait,” Glory stopped in the middle of the living room dropping her suitcase down with a plop. “I can’t do this.” She declared looking over at Orlando who was already at the door.

“What?” Orlando asked nearly laughing not believing what she had just said. “What do you mean you can’t do this? You were the one who wanted to get married this soon.”

“Not like this,” Glory shook her head. “I can’t get married like this, this isn’t what I had in mind for my wedding day,” She told him sitting down on the couch. Glory buried her face into her hands on top of her knees.

“Glory everything will be fine, I promise,” Orlando told her walking over. He sat down next to her on the couch and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. “Now let’s go to Hawaii.” Orlando urged.

“No,” Glory said more loudly this time and looked over at him. “I can’t like this.”

“Okay,” Orlando looked down at the carpet. “What would it take?”

“Let me borrow your credit cards,” Glory gave him a quick smile before it faded again. Orlando raised an eyebrow at this but reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. “Thank you,” She said taking the three platinum cards he had. She stood up and went over to the cordless phone base in the corner of the room and dialed a few frantic numbers. A few minutes later she came back over to him. “Okay, now we can go.” She said taking his hand in hers again.

“What did you do?” Orlando asked suspiciously.

“You’ll see later,” Glory smiled again picking up her bag and walking towards the door.

“You always say that right before something really bad happens,” Orlando complained flipping the lights off and shutting the front door behind him.

For most of the flight, Glory was on the phone. Orlando shook his head reminding himself this was normal for her, the whole unpredictability thing. He had to laugh at her attempts. She wanted things her way or no way at all so of course her wedding was going to be exactly like how she had always imagined it. Orlando turned to fall asleep and the next thing he knew Glory was gently pushing on his shoulder waking him up. “We’re here,” She smiled at him.

Orlando blinked the sleep out of his eyes for a moment before realizing he was still on the plane. “Did you sleep at all?” He asked Glory.

“No, I was on the phone the whole time.” Glory admitted as she helped Orlando stand up. She knew they had to get off the plane as quickly as they could, there were two very frantic looking fans eyeing Orlando.

“It’s a ten hour flight, how were you on the phone the entire time?” He asked still trying to wake up as Glory pushed him down the aisle.

“Because it was morning in Scotland,” She told him proudly. “I had fun messing with a not so awake Scot,” Glory grinned ear to ear making Orlando wonder if he was one friend short now. “Plus your mum wouldn’t let me off the phone until she knew every single detail.”

“Great,” Orlando mumbled as he was pushed outside into the bright sunlight. “I thought it was supposed to be nighttime.” He complained.

“Nope,” Glory said following him. They had taken a private plane to the airport on one of the smaller island instead of having to drive for forty minutes crossing three bridges instead of just the one. “It’s about five in the afternoon. We can get something to eat, go surf a little, then watch the sun set.”

“You’ve planned this out?” He asked pulling his sunglasses out of his pocket.

“You don’t have to go surfing with me,” She laughed pulling their luggage off of the conveyer belt before dragging Orlando into the airport. She stopped in the middle of the open area and stood up on her tip toes looking around for her family. “There they are.” Glory pointed to man in his fifties wearing a fish print shirt, Orlando had to shake his head thinking only Glory’s family would wear something like that. Beside the man was a shorter, Glory-sized woman wearing a pair of shorts and a plain light purple tee shirt. She was obviously Hawaiian with the long black hair and tanned skin.

“Glory,” The man walked up to the couple pulling Glory into a huge hug. “It’s been too long since you visited us.” He exclaimed.

“Yeah well now I really do have to support myself you know,” She joked. “In fact I have another showing this month in London if you guy wanted to go see Jake,” Glory mentioned her cousin who was living in London for the time being attending school there.

“That might be nice,” He aunt spoke up. She had a definite Hawaiian accent. “Is this the soon to be husband?” She asked pointing to Orlando.

“Oh I’m so sorry,” Glory laughed at her forgetfulness. “This is Orlando,” She pointed to him. “Orli this is my aunt Lynn and my uncle Randal, on my mom’s side.” She quickly told him knowing that question would come next.

“He’s cute,” Lynn declared looking over Orlando. “He’ll do,” She laughed pulling both of them to the car.

Two hours and one very large meal later, Orlando found himself lying on the beach trying to fall back asleep. He had almost succeeded when Glory came running up to him. “Orli?” She asked standing over him, her hair dripping water down across his bare chest.

“Yes?” He asked not even bothering to open his eyes. He felt her lay down next to him on the blanket, her wet bathing suit brushing up against his side.

“What do you think of Hawaii?” She asked him.

“Much more different then any other time I’ve been here,” He commented. Glory’s aunt and uncle owned one of the smallest islands located right off of Maui. They had built a large ranch with thirty-two bedrooms to serve as a bed and breakfast, plus a stable and riding area were they trained locals for rodeos. Glory had drug Orlando off right after dinner to one of her favorite beaches, the one very few people knew about. “But I like it.” He smiled pulling her head down to rest on his chest. “I thought your aunt’s head was going to explode when I told her I was a vegan.” He laughed.

Glory laughed. “At least you’re not going to be forced into eating something that she keeps insisting is chicken, I think it’s probably something she scraped off the road,” Glory giggled.

“That’s a great image,” Orlando laughed. “I’m sure if you told Cadence that one, she would stop eating all together.”

“At least while she’s here,” Glory joked looking up at the sky. The sun was already beginning to set over top of them. In the distance the red flaking into the sun’s glow was bathing them in light.

“Did you tell your dad about this?” Orlando asked curiously.

“Why would I tell him?” Glory asked. “You know if I told him, my mom wouldn’t even set foot near here,” Glory halfway answered.

“He is your dad, he’s supposed to walk you down the aisle you know.” Orlando reminded her.

“He’s not a good dad so he doesn’t get the privilege of it,” Glory sighed onto Orlando’s chest. “Besides I’m going to tell him next week, probably.”

“So that means you’re actually going to talk to him?” Orlando pointed out.

“Well the gallery does happen to be in the same museum he runs,” Glory said still watching the sky. “I suppose somewhere down the road I’m going to have to at least be pleasant to him.”

“Better then nothing I guess,” Orlando muttered wondering if she was ever going to follow through with that statement. “So, just when exactly were you planning on having this wedding?” He asked. The two hadn’t even thought about the details to the wedding. Orlando had just assumed she would have most of the things sorted out by now.

“I was thinking tomorrow night about this time right here,” She grinned leaving out a few major details. “Then we party at the house for a while before going to what my aunt keeps calling the tiki hut.” Glory laughed at her aunt’s wording.

“The tiki hut?” Orlando repeated.

“It’s a small cabin on the other side of the island, my uncle built it for his daughter but she never uses it so it’s like the guest house.” Glory explained.

“And then you’re going to end this little three year streak you’ve got going?” Orlando teased.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh look, it’s Hawaii,” Winona stated sarcastically as she stepped off the plane followed closely by Cadence.

“You wanna be the first to kill her or should I do it?” Cadence asked walking down the stairs to the side of the plane to wait for their baggage.

“I think I should get the honors since she’s been messing up my life worse then your lately,” Winona grinned not being too serious about things. Besides, Glory still didn’t know that Winona had agreed to date Dom behind Glory’s back.

“What about me? I think I deserve the first crack,” Winona and Cadence spun around to find Elijah and Dom standing behind them. “I was just peacefully sleeping when she runs into my room yelling ‘fire’ before telling me I have to drive here to get the two of you.” Elijah teased.

“Thanks for the consideration,” Winona grumbled still a little mad that Dom hadn’t called her or even talked to her at the party. “Why didn’t she come here herself?”

“She said something about a dress fitting,” Dom shrugged his shoulders as he took Winona’s bag from her to carry to the car.

“She’s getting her dress without us?” Cadence said pouting. “She’s supposed to go with her bridesmaids.” She complained.

“It’s Glory,” Dom stated. “Have you ever once seen that girl do anything normal?”

“Good point,” Cadence said letting Elijah take her bag from her as they walked towards the car.

“So, where’s your boyfriend?” Dom asked Cadence as Elijah drove the group towards the house. Dom had wanted to drive but Elijah insisted saying something about Dom never remembering which side of the road to drive on.

“He had to stay at home, he has to work,” Cadence told them all regretfully.

“Or as she’s been saying for the past ten hours straight, he’s staying at home to cheat on her,” Winona rolled her eyes as Cadence jabbed her in the stomach. “What was that for? I was just telling the truth.” Winona said stubbornly.

“Too bad, I’m sure he would have liked Hawaii,” Elijah told them trying to pretend like he hadn’t heard Winona’s comment seeing how it was already causing bickering among the two.

“He’s been here before,” Cadence said casually as she watched the scenery fly by. She couldn’t believe she was actually in Hawaii. From the road she could see miles of beach leading out to the clear blue ocean water and tons of people surfing along the waves in the sun.

“I’m sure he’s never seen anything like this though,” Dom said with a grin before turning around in the front seat to face the girls. “We figured out where all of Glory’s insanity comes from, it’s hereditary.”

“That bad?” Winona asked giggling slightly. “I’m sure her family can’t be that bad.”

“Just wait until you meet them,” Dom said with another grin.

Winona couldn’t believe just how right he was though. Glory’s uncle had greeted them at the front gate still wearing yet another brightly colored shirt, this time though it was a bright red print with white hibiscus flowers covering the shirt. Glory’s aunt had come running up to them as soon as they got out of the car throwing lei’s on all of them singing some Hawaiian tune that Winona now had stuck in her head. The woman had told each girl that there was a navy blue sarong in each of their rooms for the wedding later on that night. Then the woman lead them up to their rooms leaving them there saying lunch was going to be in two hours and to be back at the ranch by seven to met Glory again.

“I can’t believe we’re not even going to see Glory until an hour before the actually wedding.” Cadence complained as she stretched out across her bed. Winona had come over to her room as soon as Lynn had gotten out of ear range. The two had identical rooms side by side facing the ocean on the second floor of the house.

“It’s Glory, did you really expect this to be anything but weird?” Winona said looking out across the water. She spotted Dom, Orlando, Elijah, and some guy Orlando had introduced as Billy surfing around the water, a few of them waiting to catch the next wave while the other two rode out the current wave sweeping across the pristine waters. Winona knew he was another cast member but she hadn’t gotten a chance to meet that one either until just now. The only cast members she knew from meeting them in New Zealand was Viggo, Sean Astin, and Liv. “I’m just more in shock that we’re actually in Hawaii.”

“I know, it’s weird that Glory’s family owns something like this,” Cadence admitted rolling over onto her stomach to face Winona.

“I never expected it to be like this,” Winona said still watching the guys surfing wondering if Dom was ever thinking about her. Maybe this was why Glory didn’t want him dating any of her friends, Winona thought to herself. “I was thinking they owned a beach house or something not a whole island.”

“I think I’m going to call Todd and tell him about his place, maybe convince him to come out for a while,” Cadence said sitting up suddenly.

Winona sighed shaking her head. “You do that, I’m going to go look around for a while,” Winona stalked out the door positive Cadence hadn’t even noticed her leaving as she called Todd. Winona wandered around the house for a while finding a large TV room, plus the massive kitchen and dining room. She couldn’t help but wonder where Glory was going to be having this wedding of hers later that day. She knew it wouldn’t be anywhere indoors so Winona wandered outside hoping to find some signs of people putting up decorations or something. She walked through the grassy courtyard past the deck where she found the in ground pool. Winona had to laugh a little thinking only Glory’s family would build a pool with the ocean being as close as it was. She found another building right off the pool. All the French doors were open inviting Winona in. She peeked into the room seeing it scattered with paint and easels.

“Glory’s room” A male voice said from behind her. Winona jumped nearly screaming. “Whoa love, only me.” Dom said holding his hands up in the air.

“God, don’t scare me like that,” She scolded him. “I thought you were out surfing with the others.”

“Got bored, decided to try and find Glory at least,” He pointed to the room. “This is where she paints when she comes here. I thought maybe she would be in there.”

“Nope, still out getting her dress or something,” Winona mumbled starting to walk off.

“The other reason I came over here was because I saw you walk over here,” he admitted. Winona stopped walking and turned around to face him suddenly interested in what he was saying. “I wanted to explain that the only reason I didn’t talk to you at the party was because I didn’t want to make Glory suspicious or anything.”

“I figured that much,” Winona told him almost bitterly. “That girl makes some of the most ridiculous rules.” Winona sighed.

“No she doesn’t,” Dom shook his head leaning up against the smooth rock along the side of the building. “She knows what’s best for her friends and she thinks I’m not it.”

“I hate when she does that though. It makes us seem like we’re three years old and incapable of running our own lives.” Winona complained.

“I know, but she’s right,” Dom looked over at Winona. “I still want to prove her wrong on this though,” Dom grinned mischievously. “Maybe tomorrow we could go grab some lunch in town or something.”

“She’ll definitely know about that though.” Winona laughed. She couldn’t believe how she could be fuming mad at this man one minute and then be smiling with him the next. All it took was one grin from him and she was happy again.

“Well if what Orlando says is true, three years without sex is going to be a guarantee that we’re not going to be seeing Glory for at least five days,” Dom laughed. “Lynn said they were going to the private cabin on the other side of the island. She’s not coming back for a while.”

Winona stopped to think. As much as she wanted to give him a shot, she still wasn’t too sure about going behind Glory’s back. “I guess we could try that.”

“Great,” Dom grinned again. He leaned over and pulled her into a hug. “I’ll meet you at the main gate at about ten,” He pulled back for a moment looking down into her green eyes getting lost in them. Before he could stop himself Dom found his lips crushed up against hers. He closed his eyes letting himself get swept up by their kiss. “Sorry about that,” Dom said pulling away. “Ten tomorrow,” he reminded her as he started to walk away stumbling a little.

Winona turned back around and headed off for her room. “Damn,” She muttered to herself thinking back to that kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You kissed him?” Cadence asked loudly as they walked towards the room where Lynn had told them Glory was getting ready in.

“Could you say that a little louder? I’m not sure China heard you,” Winona whispered harshly. “And he kissed me, I think. It all happened so fast.”

“But still, you guys kissed,” Cadence said more softly this time. “Was it good?”

“Of course it was,” Winona hissed remembering back to the moment. “It was the most incredible kiss I’ve ever had.”

“You do know Glory is going to shoot him when she finds out right?” Cadence reminded her.

“That’s why she’s not going to find out about it,” Winona shook her head.

“Something tells me she will though,” Cadence said softly. “She always does.” She added muttering it under her breath.

“I’ll worry about that one when it happens,” Winona said approaching the door.

“So are you going to do anything with him?” Cadence pried. Winona was the one friend of hers that would always tell her the details of her life and not keep anything secret like Glory did.

“I don’t know, I agreed to have lunch with him tomorrow,” Winona said. “It’s a start I guess.” She was about to knock on the door when her cell phone started to ring again. “Hello?” She said not even bothering to check the caller ID figuring it had to be her insane mom wondering why she wasn’t answering her phone at her house.

“Winona? This is Nick again.” Nick said softly, almost enough to make Winona have to hold the phone even closer to her head, just another thing to increase her chances of getting brain cancer.

“Hey,” She said walking away from Cadence a little. “How did you get this number?” She asked.

“I stole Glory’s phone,” Nick admitted.

Winona pulled her cell phone away from her head to check the caller ID seeing it was in fact a phone call from Glory’s cell. “I see,” She laughed. “Well, what can I do for you?”

“How about a date with me tomorrow?” Nick asked boldly.

“I don’t think that would be a good idea,” Winona told him suspiciously.

“Okay, let’s not call it a date. How about we go to the beach and I’ll teach you how to surf or something?” Nick offered.

“I still don’t think that would be the best idea.” Winona admitted not wanting to tell him about her date with Dom.

“Please?” Nick begged. He had never begged a girl for anything, this was a first for him although for this girl he would gladly keep begging.

“I,” Winona paused figuring what the hell. It was every day that two hot guys, one an actor the other a singer, asked her out on dates. She threw Glory’s words into the wind and decided to live a little. “Sure, why not?”

“Great, I’ll meet you on the north beach at three.” Nick agreed before they hung up

Winona made her way back over to where Cadence was patiently waiting for her to return. Cadence raised her eyebrows asking about the call. “Don’t ask,” Winona shook her head and knocked on the door leading to the room where Glory was. A second later Liv Tyler of all people opened the door ushering the two girls in.

“Just as a warning, she’s been drinking,” Liv said with a grin. “You two look so pretty though,” Liv gushed pulling them both into the room before any of the guys walked in. The girl both had wore their matching sarongs. Cadence had pulled on a white peasant top while Winona had worn a black strappy tank top. “I’m Liv by the way,” She said holding her hand out to Cadence.

“Cadence,” She said shyly.

“This is our other friend,” Winona explained as she walked further into the room.

“Hey, you guys did show up,” Glory said with a bright smile.

“I see you have been drinking,” Winona laughed at Glory’s unusual positive mood.

“Just a little, but AJ took the rest away from me,” Glory mumbled looking back at the mirror in front of her as she put on a little bit more glitter around her eyes. Winona was surprised to see the girl actually had done her make-up normal for a change although she was sure it had something to do with Liv being in the room.

“I took it away from you because Viggo doesn’t need to have to carry you down the aisle.” Winona heard a man’s voice in the room coming from the corner blocked by the large mirror.

“I would have been fine,” Glory said leaning around the mirror. “I’m not dizzy or anything.”

“She says before slurring all of her vows,” Winona said with a grin as Cadence approached Glory.

“You two look so cute,” Glory said turning around to examine them both. “Except for one thing,” Glory said looking at them. She reached down onto the floor where a pile of white hibiscus flowers lay. “AJ, would you mind helping me a little here?” She called as she took a bobby pin off the table and walked over to Cadence. “These are my corsages since I’m cheap.” She grinned pinning the flower into Cadence’s hair. She was almost done when she saw the man get up from the corner. Cadence let out a loud sigh in shock seeing the man was AJ McLean.

“I suppose you want me to pin the flower in her hair right?” AJ said pointing to Winona.

“If you wouldn’t mind,” Glory said smiling.

“This is what Liv is for.” AJ grumbled taking the flower from Glory and pushing Winona’s hair up over her shoulder.

“I suck at that though,” Liv laughed.

“Hey, my hair looks good,” Glory laughed.

“There you go,” AJ said looking closely at Winona as he pushed her hair around. “You look perfect now.” He smiled at her before turning to Glory. “Anything else my queen that you need?”

“More vodka?” She asked.

“Except for that,” AJ laughed. “I’m going to go find the blond twins.” He waved walking out the door to go find Nick and Aaron.

“I suppose you want me to explain that too?” Glory asked pointing back at that door.

“It would help,” Cadence shook her head.

“It’s a long story,” Glory sighed and sat down at the table in front of her.

An hour later, the sun began to set. “I’m standing in a foot of water,” Dom complained. “My jeans are soaked.” He continued.

“I told ya ta wear a kilt,” Billy laughed looking out at the scenery.

“She just had to pick the ocean,” Elijah grinned.

“Well, this is her day, I let her pick everything,” Orlando told them trying to get the three guys to shut up about having to stand in water. Glory had wanted the ceremony to actually be in the water. The guests, mostly the rest of the cast of Lord of the Rings, Orlando’s mom and sister plus his dad, Glory’s mom and a few other friends and family, were spread out across the beach watching the sun set behind the wedding party waiting for Glory to walk down the beach.

Orlando watched as Glory walked down the stone path with Viggo on her arm. She had chosen him to walk her down the aisle since her real dad was a jerk and her grandfather had passed away a few years before. She said he was the closest thing she had to a real dad. “Thanks for choosing me.” Viggo whispered as they made their way towards Orlando.

“Thanks for doing it,” Glory grinned getting closer. She slipped off her flip flops and walked into the water. Viggo took her hand in his briefly kissing it before handing it over to Orlando. He smiled and then walked back to join Liv and her husband on the beach. Glory looked behind her making eye contact with Winona and Cadence both before glancing over at the guys. Billy, the token Scot really had worn the kilt he had been threatening to wear. Glory laughed a little before looking up at Orlando. He had worn jeans, or course, and a white button down shirt with his hair pulled back. “Well, I feel a little overdressed.” She laughed pointing down to her dress. She hadn’t gone with white but one of her aunt’s friends had made a shirt light pink sundress with a pink sheer overlay to it just for this day.

“You look beautiful,” Orlando grinned kissing her cheek.

“Would you two wankers mind starting this thing, I think a fish just swam around my feet.” Dom complained.

“Oh fuck off,” Glory slipped her won accent in.

“You’re the only bride who can manage to use the f-word in her ceremony,” Cadence laughed.

The ceremony only lasted around twenty minutes thanks in part to no one really wanting to have to sit around to listen to the full Christian service. Glory had told the pastor to cut it down a lot. The pastor hadn’t liked the idea but finally agreed after twenty minutes of arguing with Glory letting the two say their own vows, kiss, and then be pronounced. It had all ended with Glory declaring it was time to party. And party they did.

Lynn and Randal had decorated the courtyard with tables brought from the pool area, a stereo system, and enough white and blue Christmas lights to keep all the run ways at LAX lit during a rainstorm. The group had spent the night eating the vegetable plates Lynn had made especially for Orlando while consuming large amounts of champagne and dancing the night away. Glory leaned her head on Orlando’s shoulder. She made eye contact with AJ before motioning over to Winona sitting next to Cadence at one of the candle lit tables.

AJ took his cue and walked over to the table. “Winona?” He called. She turned her head and looked up at him surprised he would know her name since they hadn’t been formally introduced. “Would you like to dance?”

Winona looked over at Cadence shocked for a moment trying to figure out his motives. “Sure I guess,” Winona shrugged and held her hand out for AJ. He took her hand and led her out onto the dance floor Randal had put out.

“So, Glory tells me you’re single,” AJ said putting one hand on her waist and the other into her hand dancing old-fashioned.

“I guess you could say that,” Winona grinned a little not sure what to tell him really.

“Well then you wouldn’t mind joining me for dinner tomorrow night,” AJ explained. Winona was sure her mouth had dropped open a little. Six years of dreaming of this moment had finally paid off except she still had to think of where Dom and Nick fit into this.

“Sure,” Winona said suddenly. She couldn’t try and fit the other two guys into place when her mind was in overdrive at the thought of going out to dinner with AJ.

“Good,” AJ smiled. “Glory told me about this private beach. We could have a picnic over there,” AJ continued on. Winona knew she should be concerned by the fact that Glory probably had something to do with planning this, but currently she had more pressing concerns. Like the fact that she had three guys after her and no idea where her heart wanted to be. Her life had been so much less complicated twenty-four hours ago when her biggest concern was which toothpaste to buy at the store.

~*~

“What exactly are you up to?” Orlando asked Glory as they danced for the final time that night.

“Nothing,” She lied still looking past Orlando to where AJ and Winona were dancing. Orlando looked down at her quirking an eyebrow at her.

“Then why did you send AJ to dance with Winona?” Orlando asked pulling Glory closer to him. He knew she was behind AJ.’s motivation to ask Winona to dance. He had seen the little gesture she had made to AJ.

“I think they should be the ones dating,” Glory explained. “It’ll make those two knuckleheads I call friends see my point,” Orlando looked down at her again shocked and a little panicked wondering what exactly she knew. He didn’t want to spend his first night married to the girl sleeping on the porch when she found he had been the one who gave Dom and Nick Winona’s phone number. “I’m not stupid. I see how those two look at her. They’re just going to ignore everything I said.”

“What makes AJ so different?” Orlando asked.

“He wants a wife.” Glory stated simply.

“And Dom doesn’t?” Orlando challenged.

“Nope, he wants something warm in his bed,” Glory grinned. “Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,” She stepped on to her tiptoes and kissed a line down his chin before whispering into his ear. “No do you want to stand around here and argue or do you want to get out of here?” She asked.

Orlando joked around looking like he was deep in thought for a moment. “I think I’ll take the second option.” He grinned taking her hands into his and pulling her off the dance floor. They quickly said their good byes to everyone thanking them for coming before slipping off to their private cabana dropping the handcuffs Dom, Billy, and Elijah had decided to give the couple as a wedding gift in the sand.

They hadn’t even made it up the front steps to their one roomed cabin before Orlando attacked her lips. Glory fumbled with the door finally getting it open and stumbling inside. Orlando pushed her hips back into the bed gently pushing her up onto the edge of the bed settling between her legs still standing up. Glory’s hands went to his shirt carefully undoing each button (A/N: whew it’s gettin hot in here) letting her hand slid over each new piece of skin she uncovered. Orlando kissed down her chin finding his lips drawn to her neck. Glory finally reached the last button of his shirt and pushed it over his shoulders running her hands along the muscles she loved to touch. He let the shirt fall off his arms and down to the floor not caring if it got dirty as his hands started tugging at the hem of the dress pushing it up her thighs.

“Wait, wait,” Glory called out pushing his hands off her.

“Please don’t ask me to stop.” Orlando said breathlessly.

“No,” She smiled up at his running her hands through his hair. “I have to get all the shit Liv put in my hair out first.” She said pushing herself up. She kissed Orlando’s forehead before walking into the bathroom. Glory flipped the light on looking at her reflection in the mirror seeing the red flush growing across her skin. She went to work pulling out the giant hibiscus flower, ten or so tiny blue flowers Liv had picked from her Aunt’s garden, and the dozens of sequin pieces Glory’s youngest cousin Miranda had found. After getting everything out, Glory pulled her silk nightgown out of the bag she had left in there earlier. She quickly slipped the tiny gown on after removing the dress and looked in the mirror. It was now or never.

Glory pushed the door open and found Orlando, still clad in his jeans, lighting candles all the way around the room. He stopped seeing her walk out. “You look wonderful,” He told her running his thumbs across her cheeks smiling at her before leaning down to capture her lips with his again. Glory’s hands went to work unzipping his jeans and pushing them along with his boxers down to the floor. Orlando groaned into her mouth at the sudden coldness against his legs pulling her body against his even more. He broke the kiss bending down to pick her up. Orlando gently laid Glory down on the bed cuddling up against her side running his hand along the silky material thinking it was the only thing separating them right now. “Why am I the only one naked again?” he joked.

“You’ve never seen me naked.” Glory told him softly.

“And that would be the problem right now,” Orlando teased seeing the pained look come across her face. “Love, I know what he did to you and I still think you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.” He assured her cupping her face with his hands.

“But you’ve never seen it,” Glory insisted knowing she was being childish. She had gone five years without letting anyone see what he had done to her, five years of never being with her boyfriends the way they wanted her to be with them, five years of wearing bathing suits that covered them.

“Glory, I love you and always will, only you,” Orlando smiled determined to make her see as he leaned down to kiss her with everything he had inside him. Glory sighed letting his hands pull the gown up inch by inch until it was over her head and he was staring at her naked before him. “See? Still beautiful,” Orlando told her kissing one of the five-inch long knife shaped scars running along her chest.

“I love you so much,” Glory whispered looking into Orlando’s eyes. (A/N: Ha ha, betcha thought I was going to go into WAY more detail with that, well ha I left out the dirty part’s in this version)