- Text Size +
(An: Thank you to everyone who's reviewed so far. This story was written on a whim and i didn't know if i should continue it or not, but since i see people still like it i'll continue it, as well as Runaway Bride. Thanks a bunch!!!)


Hi.

That’s all he could come up with when he first saw her. He remembered that, even though her pain must have been excruciating, she smiled at him.

~*~

“Hi” she whispered back quietly.

“H-how are you feeling?”

She sighed and licked her dry lips. “Can I have some water?” she asked quietly.

He nodded and filled the tiny Dixie cup by her bed with water. He watched her wordlessly as she raised her bed so that she was half sitting, half laying down on the hospital bed. He handed her the cup silently and observed her as she took a sip from it.

She looked up at him.

“What?” she asked softly.

“Nothing.” He answered quietly, looking down.

“Then why were you staring?” He merely shrugged in response.

“Sorry.”

She smiled at him again.

“You didn’t exactly catch me at my best, I’m sorry.” He smiled back softly and didn’t respond.

“I’m not what you expected, huh?” she said gently.

He looked at her.

“Not exactly, but nothing ever is. I didn’t really know what to expect, to tell you the truth.”

She nodded, and he looked down once again.

“So… not that I don’t appreciate that you’re here… but why are you?”


He looked back up at her, slightly caught off guard at the question.

“Because… I was worried. I-I hadn’t heard from you in a while. And even though I know I can’t always respond to you so soon, I just… was worried when you didn’t respond right away as usual.” He said.

“Oh.” She said and smiled softly.

“How long have you been here and how much longer do you have to stay?” He asked.

She sighed softly, and looked down at her hand that was still being held by his. She wondered if he realized he was holding her hand still.

“I think I’ve been here two… maybe three weeks so far. I don’t know when they’ll release me. Whenever they see fit I suppose.”

He nodded and began to absently rub the back of her hand with his thumb.

“I want to help you through this.” He said softly.

She smiled softly.

~*~

Looking back on it now, he couldn’t believe it was as easy as it was. From that moment on they were practically inseperable.