- Text Size +
December 31, 2006
11:50pm
New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve at last. The last day of the year of when Nick and I were once reunited, but a new Carter's on the way. Only 10 more minutes until the new year begins.

Nothing much has been going on. I called my Dad to tell him 'Happy Birthday' on the 29th. Ever since that kiss with Aaron, I couldn't be near him, especially in front of Nick. I felt too uncomfortable.

There was a New Year's Eve party at Nick's house. The guys, Kristen, Sarah, Leighanne, Baylee, Nicky's family, and even Daniel, and Izzy were there.

I was in the backyard in the beach, watching the tide flow to the shore. I sat looking at the stars, thanking God for letting my dream come true . . . to be with Nick. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around noticed it was the man who I didn't want to see and who could destroy the relationship I dreamed of having with the man whom I truly loved.

"Hey," Aaron whispered.
"Hey," I replied, still looking at the ocean.
We were silent for a few moments.
"Why are you here?" I asked, trying not to make it sound coldly.
"I have no one to hang out with," he answered.
"Liar," I thought.
"Ally?"
"What, Aaron?" I said, now looking at him.
"Could I kiss you again?"
"No," I replied, getting up and walking back to the house. Aaron grabbed my wrist, pulled me back, facing him, and he kissed me once again. I tried to pull away again, but he held me tightly. Lost in an another world, my tongue entered his mouth. What I didn't know was that someone was watching us . . .

"Mmm, Nick," I moaned. We pulled back and I saw Nick's blue eyes. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I watched as the blue eyes, once light and full of love, turn dark as if full of fury. I pulled back and noticed the man whom I had just kissed was not Nick, it was Aaron.

"Ally!" I heard someone scream. I turned around. It was Nick. "Oh shit," I thought.
"Baby, where were you? I've been looking all over for you," he said, running towards me. I look to see if Aaron was still in front of me, but he wasn't. He disappeared.
"Ally, are you ok? Is there something wrong?" He said, looking at me.
I had the face of confusion. "Y-Yeah, I-I'm fine."
He kissed my lips lightly, "Happy New Year."