- Text Size +
"A-Aaron, . . . w-what are you doing here?" I asked.
"I'm sorry . . . for what my brother did . . . I don't know why he did that to such a sweet, nice girl like you," he said, leaning in for a kiss.
I stopped him, "No, Aaron. It's too fast, too soon."
"Ok," he said, cupping his hands with my face, "Whenever you need me, I'll be here." He kissed my cheek.
"Pimp," I mumbled and laughed.
"What did you call me? I ain't no pimp. That's what Nick is."
"Right," I nodded sarcastically.
"Seriously!" he began to laugh, "I'm not. I'm the . . . "
"Sweet, little boy type," I finished for him.
"It's better than the word 'pimp'."
I laughed again, "Just how badly do you want me, Aaron?"
"More than you know," he said, walking towards me.
"And that's my cue to run!" I said, running away from him.

Aaron ran after me, and just when I was going to open the backyard door of the Carter house, he turned me around and kissed me.

"Hey, Ally Ni. . . Oops, sorry." Aaron and I jumped as Angel began to walk away.
"No, wait. What is it?" I asked her. "Major embarrassment," I thought.
"Ally, uh, Nick's waiting for you in the living room. He wants to talk to you."
I sighed, "Ok, I'll be there in a sec."
Angel left.
"Aaron, leave," I told him. I didn't want Nick to get any wrong ideas.
"I'll wait for you out here. It's . . ."
"Go to your room, Aaron."
"Fine, fine. You sound just like Mom," he said, walking.
I hit him on his head.
"Ow!"
"Smartass."
I walked towards the living room. I saw Nick sitting there . . . looking empty and pale.