- Text Size +
January 30, 2007
3am
I heard banging on my bedroom door. I opened it. It was Jane.

"C'mon, Alyson," she began, "We have to go to the hospital."
"What happened?" I asked sleeply.
"It's Nick . . .," she began.
My head shot up immediately.
"He's at the hospital . . . car accident."

I ran downstairs, with PJs on, to my car. I finally learned how to drive. I drove to the nearest hospital. Everyone was there: the guys, wives, BJ, Leslie, Angel, Aaron, & Bob.

"What's up so far?" I asked Bob.
"We don't know. They're doing the operation right now," Brian told me.
I just nodded. I used a pay phone and called Izzy. I had to tell her what we going on . . . About Nick cheating on me with Isabelle, him in the accident, all the stuff. She said she was going come down here to Florida.
I saw the doctor leaving Bob's side.
"What happen?" I asked.
"They finished the surgery. We could see him now," Bob told me.
I decided to go last. When it was my turn, I entered the room. Nick was looking even more pale than before.
"Nick, baby," I began, "Please, don't leave me, baby. I love you. I forgive you. I can't go on without you, Nick, please."
"Ally, . . .," I heard him say. He opened his eyes and smiled. "I'm so happy you came."
I smiled back, "Of course, I'd come. I love you."
"I love you, too," he said, caressing my cheek. "I love you so much, babygirl. Thank you for everything."
I leaned in and we kissed. We stayed like this for a few minutes until I felt that Nick stopped kissing me. I saw he had his eyes closed. I began to grow nervous. I looked at the heart monitor. "Beep . . . . ."
"No," I screamed, "NO!"
The doctors pushed me away, and a nurse was trying to get me out of the room. "Please, ma'am, leave the room," she told me.
"What happen to him?!" I screamed as she closed the door.
Brian came running towards me with Izzy behind.
"W-What's wrong? What happen?" Brian asked me.
"H-He's gone . . .," I said, growing weak. Nearly falling in Brian's arms, I said, "I can't go on, Bri . . . I can't."
"Yes, you can," Izzy comforted me.
"I can't . . . My heart's too weak . . . I love him," I said as my world became black.