- Text Size +
(Author's Note: things in ' ' are thoughts. Read, Review, Enjoy!!)

~Summer 2000~


"Thank you everyone, and keep the Backstreet pride alive! Goodnight!" Howie closed as he ran off the stage at the end of their last concert of the tour. As soon as he got backstage, he collapsed on the couch as usual and curled up into a ball.

"Should we go over there and talk to him?" Brian asked.

"Nah, we've already had this talk with him millions of times. It’s time for him to pull himself together," Kevin answered.

"I hate seeing him like this. If I knew where that bitc..." AJ started but Howie stopped him.

"Stop it, you guys! I'm fine. I know that I've been down a lot lately, and I'm sorry, but don't worry about me. I'll be ok. I just need a break, ya know?"

"Yeah, I understand, D. We all do, we're just concerned about ya that's all," Nick said.

"I know you guys are. Thanks. I'm going to get on the bus, ok?" Howie said.

"Yeah, me too. I'm kind of beat," AJ said.

Everyone stopped and stared at AJ incredulously.

"What?! I can get tired, too, ya know."

"Yeah, we know, Bone, it's just that it only happens once every four years," Brian replied with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," AJ muttered as he and Howie exited the room to get on the bus.


~*~



Once they got onto the bus, Howie got in his bunk and AJ got into his right across from Howie's.

"Yo, D! You sleep?" "Nope."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Just did."

"You know what I mean."

"Yeah, what is it man?" Howie asked exhaustedly.

"You still miss her, don't you?"

"Who?" Howie asked.

"Who else man?! Tori. I know you still love her, yo."

"Of course I still love her, Bone. I never stopped." Howie sighed. "It just makes me so angry sometimes."

"Who wouldn't be mad if someone left them at the altar? AJ stated.

"That's not the reason that I'm still mad."

"Then why, man?"

"I just want to know why. Why did she leave me? Where is she now? Is she ok? What is she doing, thinking, wearing...ANYTHING! Any info on her. I just want to know that she's ok, ya know?"

"If you still love her, then go after her."

"How?"

"Hire a private detective to find her," AJ simply stated.

"They cost a lot of money. I've already considered that. Plus, what if it gets out that I hired a private eye? I can just see the headlines now, 'Howie D., Backstreet Boy, Hires Detective to Stalk Ex-Fiancée.' The press would have a field day with that," Howie sighed.

"Yeah, man, I guess you're right. Well we're on break now, D, so try to forget about it for awhile and have fun, I'm going to a small town outside Philly for a little R&R. Not to mention some partying in the City of Brotherly Love. Why don't you come with me? Help keep me out of the trouble that you know I'm going to get into," AJ said, taking off his glasses and setting them on the small table at the head of his bed.

"I don't know, AJ. You get pretty rowdy sometimes."

"I know. You can be my conscience. Come on, pleeeeaasseeeee?!" AJ whined.

"Alright. But just cause I don't want you to into a whole lotta trouble," Howie replied as he smiled slightly.

"Good. We leave tomorrow at 12 noon, ok?"

"Yeah, that's ok. What's the name of the town?"

"Lightsville," AJ stated. "Yo, I'm gonna shower."

"Ok. I'm gonna go to sleep. Goodnight, bro," Howie said as he yawned and turned over.

"Goodnight, D," AJ said as he closed the bathroom door.

'I wonder what Tori's doing right now? I hope she's ok where ever she is. If you can hear me or even feel me like you used to Tori, I love you, and hope that you're ok,' Howie thought as he drifted into a deep slumber.