- Text Size +
1 Month, 1 Week, & 2 Days Later . . .
September 3, 2008
Today is my first day of college. God, I am so scared. I've never been to college, although my cousins' told me it's not that bad. "Unless, you get lost on the campus and you're late for class," one of them said. I moaned in tiredness. "It's gonna be ok, baby; I promise. Remember, I'm just about 30 minutes away," Nick said, comforting me that morning. I smiled when he told me that.

Let's see . . . as you know, my birthday passed, and Nick gave me a surprise birthday party at the Carters'. For Howie's birthday, we went to Tabu again and, of course, partied. Ya know, going to Tabu for his birthday has become like a traditional thing. And, well, I guess that's it. Now, back to college . . .

I told Nick to go out and do something while I'm gone. I kinda worried about him . . . you know, Nick CAN take care of himself. He has for almost all his life. I'm just scarred he might get hurt. At about 3pm, when college was finally over for the day, I drove over the Overseas Highway, past the house, all the way to Key West. I entered Sloppy Joe's and into the manager's office. I asked him were my place would be. He said the bar. I grew excited. I've always wanted to handle the bar. I saw someone entering the bar . . . Guess who it was? My darling, Nick Carter.

"Can I have some soda?" Nick asked me. He didn't know it was me; I had my back facing him.
"What type?" I asked him.
"Uh, I dunno . . . Um, coke."
"Okie dokie," I told him, getting his soda prepared. I faced him, "Here ya go, Mister."
"Hey, is this your first day?" Nick asked. Now, he knew it was me.
"Yup."
"Just came from college?"
"Yup."
"Mind if I reward you?" he whispered huskily.
"What do you mean, sir?" I asked, playing dumb.
"I mean like a tip, . . . A kiss perhaps?"
"Oh, I dunno, sir. I don't think you're wife would like that."
"Oh, she would. I know she would," he whispered, leaning in and kissing my lips.
I kissed back and about a few seconds later, I pulled back. "Sir, I believe your wife is working."
"Oh, yeah. Work it, baby, work it," he moaned, leaning in again.
I stopped him this time. "I don't think your wife wants to get fired on her first day."
"Well, alright. As long as she promises to get her reward tonight."
"She promises," I promised, smiling.