- Text Size +
Chapter 11
Tara wiped the sweat off her brow as she made her way over to where she had laid her stuff in the corner of the room. It was a few days later since the incident with Matt. De and Callie had taken her to the hospital where they took a bunch of tests and got some prints for the police to use. The test results would take a few days the doctor had said. She was waiting to here from him. She had gotten home and showered than had gone to sleep. She had spent the first two concerts backstage and today was her first day back to work. Now she was on break from dance practice. Tara remembered what a hassle it had been.
“Ready to go” Tara asked Callie and De after she had put her bag over her shoulders.
“Yeah we are ready to go but where do you think your going,” De asked.
“To practice like the two of you,” Tara replied.
“I think you should rest today,” De told her
“IM tired of resting and IM ready to dance again”. Tara told her.
“Well considering all the crap that you just went through I think that you need to rest,” De told her.
Tara rolled her eyes. After a few more minutes of arguing De had finally given up and muttered something about never listening to her. Tara really did not want to come back just yet but she figured sitting around mopping would not do her any good. Tara took a swig of her water and set it down.
“You’re doing a great job today,” A voice said behind her.
Tara turned around and was facing Kevin.
“Thanks” She replied.
“So how are you doing?” He asked.
Tara shrugged “Ok I guess”.
De and Callie had explained to her that the boys knew about everything. She was not happy at first but with all the support, they have been showing her it was not so bad.
“Well I want you to know that if you ever need someone to talk to you can always feel free to come talk to me day or night”. He assured her.
“Thanks but IM fine” She answered with a tiny smile.
Kevin returned her smile.
“Ok back to work everyone” Fatima called.

After dance practice, all three girls had gone back to the hotel and De decided that she was going to relax in the hot tub.
“IM going to go relax in the hot tub want to come,” She asked.
“No I think IM going to get a nap I’M really tired” Tara replied.
“Ok how about you Callie” De asked her.
“I think that I might come down later,” she answered.
De shrugged. “Ok suit yourselves”.
De changed into her green bikini, put on her matching flip-flops, and grabbed her towel. She made her way t the pool is of the hotel and was actually quite happy that there was no one around.
“Finally some place with peace and quiet”. She thought to herself.
She placed her towel, took off her flip-flops, took a step in the warm water, and sat down. She closed her eyes.
“Mind if I join you” A voice asked startling her.
She opened her eyes and saw a big thing. She looked away turning a slight shade of pink.
“Sure” she replied.
Nick slowly eased himself in the hot tub and sat right next to her.
“Looks like you had the same idea as me,” Nick said.
“Looks like it” De replied.
A few minutes of silence went by finally Nick spoke “You look really tired”.
“Yeah between the crisis with Tara and he fact that I have insomnia”.
“Awe poor baby” Nick replied. “Id thinks that you had a guy in your bed and that’s why you’re tired”.
“Nick you have yet to remember that I don’t date and I haven’t found any guys around here that are even worth a second glance”.
“What about me” He pouted.
De smiled. “What about you”.
Nick scooted closer to her and De could not help but be sucked in to looking at his blue eyes. “He is hot,” She thought to herself.
Nick looked at De and could not help but want to kiss her and hold her.
Nick started to lean in but all of a sudden, De hopped up to the steps.
“Its getting really hot in there so I’m going to get out and get a shower I’ll see you later”.
And with that, she left leaving Nick with total bewilderment.

Tara tossed and turned for the hundredth time in less than an hour since she had been determined to take a nap. She had been sleeping really badly since the incident. Every time she would actually fall asleep, she would have a nightmare about what happened. Suddenly her cell phone rang. She turned over to the nightstand and picked it up.
“Hello”.
“Am I speaking with Tara?” A male voice asked.
“Yeah” She replied confused.
“Hi its doctor marler I have your results from the test we took a few days ago”.
“Yes” Tara said anxious
“Well your aids test came out negative and so did all the tests we took for the STD’s,” He explained.
Tara breathed a sigh of relief.
“ However there was one test that came out positive”.
Tara felt knots on her stomach and she felt her self at the verge of tears. “ Oh what’s that”.
“ The pregnancy test came out positive”.