- Text Size +
Chapter 13
Tara wondered around the hotel for a good hour before somehow ending up in front of Kevin’s door. She was no closer to making a decision about the baby than she had when she left her room. Tara stood there for a few minutes too scared to do anything. Finally she raised her hand and knocked softly on the door.
“I’m coming” She heard Kevin say.
The door swung open and Tara nearly fell over at the sight of him. It was obvious that Kevin had just gotten out of the shower by looking at his appearance of just a towel rapped around his body. Tara swallowed hard at the droplets of water falling down his six pack.
“Damn” she thought.
Kevin smiled at her. “Hey Tara come in”.
Tara walked into the room.
“I just got out of the shower if you hadn’t already noticed. Kevin said blushing. He gave her a sheepish grin. “Sorry Ill is back in a minute”.
“Don’t get dressed on my account” Tara thought watching Kevin’s retreating back. “If only the towel would “accidentally” fall off”.
A few minutes later Kevin returned wearing a tight white wife beater and a pair of Nike sweat pants. “Sorry about that”.
Tara only gave him a slight shrug.
“Are you ok”? He asked taking a look at her puffy eyes.
“No not really that’s why I came here” She replied softly remembering back to the reason she had came.
“I’m glad that you took me up on my offer to help you in anyway I can” Kevin replied. “So what’s wrong”?
A fresh wave of tears approached her eyes. “The doctor called today about the results on the tests that he ran”.
Kevin took her hand and led her to sit on the couch. “Ok tell me what he said”.
“He said that I’m pregnant” She cried sobbing into her hands.
“Oh sweetie I’m so sorry” He whispered soothingly.
Kevin pulled her close to him and she leaned her head on his shoulder. “Everything is going to be alright” He whispered in her ear.
“No it’s not Kevin don’t you get it” She cried pulling away from him and standing up. “I haven’t the slightest clue whether to have this baby and keep it or give it away or just get rid of it now”.
Kevin stood up and held her. “I’m going to help you get through this” He said.
“Kevin you don’t have to I mean you have helped more than enough just listening to me”. Tara assured him. She didn’t want him to feel like he was obligated.
“I know that I don’t have to but as one of my dear friends I am going to do anything that I possibly can” he answered stroking her hair.
Tara inhaled the scent of his cologne and for the first time in awhile felt truly safe.

“Wow look at the size of that mall” Callie exclaimed. In all the years she had never seen one quite so big.
AJ grinned. “See aren’t you glad I talked you into this”.
Callie rolled her eyes. “Yes AJ”.
“And to think that you were going to miss all this and go sight seeing” AJ shook his head.
“AJ I get your point” Callie said. “Now are we going to stand here or are we going to go in and start shopping”.
“Stay here” AJ replied.
Callie smacked him in the chest. “Shut up smart ass”.
AJ and Callie went into the mall and spent the next five hours in and out of stores both trying things on. Finally after many bags and hardly a dime left the two decided to go to the food court and get something to eat.
“I have had the best time today” Callie gushed.
“Yeah me too” AJ agreed.
“Thank AJ” she said looking serious. “It’s been awhile since I have had a good time”.
“Glad I could have helped” AJ answered.
The two grabbed there food and too a seat at a nearby table. “You know I think that this is the beginning of a really great friendship”.
Callie attempted a smile. “Yeah a great friendship”. Callie wanted to be more than just friends with AJ. During the shopping trip she had gotten to know the real AJ and now she liked him more than ever. But she knew that he would never see it that way.
“You ok” AJ asked breaking her out of concentration.
“Uh yeah why”?
“You just seemed out of it a minute ago while I was talking”. AJ replied.
“Oh I’m really sorry I was just thinking what was it you said”? Callie asked.
“I just said that your are becoming one of my best friends” AJ smiled.
“Awe AJ your one of mine too”. Callie answered.
“Its like we have a lot in common and none of the guys like to go shopping with me and my girlfriend Sarah always has to go in all the shops that she wants which gets on my nerves”. “ But you are so much fun to hang out with and you are willing to compromise”.
“ Well I love to shop just about as much as you do and I like to be fair” Callie shrugged.
“ Well we should make a point to hang out as much as possible” AJ announced.
“ Yeah we should” Callie said.
Callie could feel herself falling in love with him more and more. “ I have to put a stop to that” She thought to herself. “ I just hope that I can.