- Text Size +
Chapter 14
A month later, the Backstreet Boys were now in the city of Denver Colorado. The weather outside was cold but not cold enough for snow which made De mad. De was a snowboarder and had been looking forward to going down some slopes. Over the past month, De and Nick’s close friendship had managed to get them closer. AJ and Tara ha become the best of friends. Always hanging out when they had a free moment. Kevin had become an important part of Tara’s life and was certain that without his support she never could have gotten over the rape. Tara sat in the rehearsal room on the floor doing stretches.
“Hey Tara” Kevin said coming up to her.
Tara looked up at the tall man who was much taller with her sitting.
“Hey Kevin”.
“I see we are stretching” He remarked.
“Obviously Kevin” Tara answered rolling her eyes.
“Did you eat this morning?” He asked starting to stretch too.
Tara nodded. “Yep had a bagel after throwing up”.
“Good now did you remember to take your vitamins”? Kevin asked her.
“Yes Kevin I did” She replied getting annoyed.
“Hey I’m just looking out for you and making sure that you are taking good care of yourself,” he told her putting his hands up.
“I appreciate the concern Kevin,” She told him.
“Have you made any decisions yet about the baby,” Kevin asked. Kevin and Tara had not really talked about that since the day she had shown up at his doors in tears. He really needed to know.
“I have given this some thought and I think that I am going to keep it,” Tara told him.
“That’s great” Kevin exclaimed.
Tara shrugged. “I guess so”.
“What do you mean I guess so”? Kevin asked. “This should be an exciting time for you”.
“I’m not sure how I/m going to afford this baby or how I/m going to raise it without a father” Tara replied.
“I wanted to talk to you about that” Kevin interrupted her. “The reason I brought this up was that I have been giving this a lot of thought for the past month and I was wondering” Kevin trailed off.
“Wondering what Kevin” Tara asked. She stopped stretching and looked Kevin in the eye.
“I want to be the baby’s father” Kevin finished.
Tara’s eyes widened. “You what”?
“I want to be the father,” Kevin repeated.
Tara stood up. “I can’t let you do that”.
Kevin stood up and faced her. “Why not’? “ I really want to help you and the baby”.
“Look Kevin I really appreciate the offer I really do but you have a career,” She pointed out.
“I know that I have a Career but I can still do this and take care of a baby”. “Look at my cousin” He pointed out.
“That’s entirely different,” Tara said.
“How is it different” Kevin asked her.
“ Because number one Brian is the real father, number two he is married and Bailey has two parents who are I love with each other And three it just is”. She explained.
“Ok everyone its time to get to work” Fatima called.
“We will finish this conversation later” Kevin whispered and ran to join the guys.

After rehearsal, all three girls tiredly made there back to the hotel room.
“Man I swear those dance routines get more and more tiresome every time we do them,” Tara complained.
“I agree But it’s a good work out” Callie said plopping her ass on the couch.
“IM going to go and take a nap” Tara said.
“Ok have a good nap” De replied.
De made herself a sandwich and sat down in the chair. She grabbed the remote and put MTV on.
“So I haven’t seen much of you lately,” De commented.
Callie shrugged. “Yeah I guess”.
“You and AJ been spending quite a lot of time together”? De pressed.
“Yeah we have” Callie told her with a smile.
“I have seen the way you two act around each other and I must say that you guys are real close,” De teased.
“Well yeah because we are best friends” Callie reminded her.
“You sure don’t act like that to me,” She muttered.
Callie sat up. “Like you should talk” “I mean look at you and Nick”.
“Ok we are not talking about me And Nick right now so stop changing the subject”.
Callie rolled her eyes and went back to watching the TV.
After a few minutes of silence, De spoke up. “Have told him yet”?
“What are you talking about” she asked.
“Have you told AJ how you feel about him”?
Callie shook her head.
“Why not”? De asked her.
“Because what’s the point”? “He has a girlfriend and he would never see me as more than his best friend”.
“Uh if you two look at what I see when watching you two than you would undertstand that I see two people who are madly in love,” De told her matter o factly.
“Yeah right” Callie sighed.
“My advice to you is if you don’t tell him than you both will be missing out on a really great relationship plus you are going to be miserable until you tell him and see what his reactions is,” She warned her. “ You will be able to move on if you tell him and he likes you as only a friend instead of moving on and saying what if”.
“Your right” Callie exclaimed standing up.
“Of course I am I am always right”.
“I’m going to go and find him and tell him how I feel”
“ Good luck” De replied.
“ Thanks I’m going to need it” She replied nervously walking out the door.