- Text Size +
Chapter 15
Callie skipped down the hall to AJ’S room after her talk with De. She was actually kind of excited. If De was sure that he liked her than he might actually feel the same way. De was always up front and honest and wouldn’t tell you what you wanted to hear unless it was true. Callie finally reached AJ’S room and started to knock but AJ opened the door.
“Hey” He greeted.
“Hi I came to talk to you about something but your leaving so I will come back later” Callie replied.
She started to turn around but AJ grabbed her arm.
“Actually I was just going down to the gym but I can go later so come on in” He said.
AJ opened the door and ushered her in. Callie stood in the room suddenly feeling shy.
“So what was it you wanted to talk to me about” He asked with curiosity.
“Uh well It’s more like I have something to tell you” Callie told him biting her lip.
“Ok why don’t we sit in the couch and you can tell me what it is” AJ suggested.
Callie nodded and sat down on the couch. AJ sat down next to her and looked at her.
“So what’s up”? Aj asked.
“Ok you know how we have been spending a lot of time together”? Callie started.
“Well yeah and it’s been a blast” He smiled.
“Yes it has” Callie agreed. “See Nick used to be my favorite backstreet boy and had been for years”.
“That’s cool but why are you telling me this” Aj asked confused.” You want me to tell him pr try and hook the two if you up”?
“Please just listen and don’t interrupt till I am done talking” Callie pleaded. “This is hard enough as it is”.
AJ gave her a look but nodded.
“Recently this past year you have come to be my favorite and I thought that you were and still are really hot” Callie continued. “And for the past month I have gotten to know the inside of you and that’s even better than the outside”.
“What are you trying to say” AJ asked.
“I’m trying to say be I seeing you more than just my best friend” “A lot more” She answered. “I think I mean I know that I am in love with you”.
AJ just starred at her for a few minutes before scratching his head. “Wow I don’t know what to say”.
Callie suddenly had a feeling that she had made a big mistake.
“I am flattered but I have a girlfriend” He reminded her.
“Yeah I know that I was debating about telling you but I thought maybe you should know” Callie told him.
“I think that you are a great girl and certainly have come to be a very good friend to me but I don’t really see you in that romantic way” Aj told her gently.
“I understand I just needed to tell you” Callie told him.
“I’m really sorry” He said feeling really bad.
“Don’t be” Callie assured him.
“Are you going to be ok” He asked concerned.
“Yep Ill be fine” Callie lied. She felt her heart break in two pieces.
There was a knock on the door. “Hold tight I will be right back” AJ told her. He walked to the door and opened it.
“AJ baby I have missed you” A girl about her age maybe a little older exclaimed jumping in AJ’S arms.
After a few minutes AJ led the girl into the room. “Hey Callie I want you to meet my girlfriend Sarah” He said.
That line made Callie want to cry. Some how Callie managed a smile. “Hey Sarah it’s nice to finally meet you.
Sarah looked her up and down with a look of disapproval. “AJ who in the hell is that”.
“She is a dancer and a good friend of mine” He told her.
“Well thanks for coming bye but you need to leave now” Sara sneered.
“Sara” AJ yelled.
“I have to be leaving anyway” Callie stood up and walked towards his door.
“Callie” AJ called.
“See you around AJ” Callie said before running out of the room.

De just starred at the TV blankly. She was so bored. She had been watching TV for awhile and was starting too feel stuffy. De shut off the TV and walked to the table by the phone. She took a piece of paper and wrote a quick note for Tara to see. Than she grabbed her purse and her jacket and walked out of the hotel room. She took the elevator down to the lobby. Once in the lobby she spotted Nick practically groping some chick practically wearing nothing. “Damn male”.
Nick looked over at her and turned a red color.
De rolled her eyes and walked outside and grabbed a cab.
“Where to” The guy asked.
De thought he smelled like pee. “Take me downtown”.
He nodded and started driving.
De sat in the back staring out the window. Her thoughts kept going back to Nick. “What’s wrong with me” She muttered under her breath.
She thought back to the hotel and watching Nick flirting with another girl besides her made her jealous, She wasn’t about to admit that to anyone.
“Maybe I should tell him” De thought.
She had given Callie that advice maybe Callie was right. Maybe she should take her own advice.
“Miss” The cab driver practically yelled waving his hand.
De snapped back to reality and noticed they had come to a stop.
“We are here” He told her.
De paid the guy and got out. The wind was blowing and the temperature was getting cold so she put her jacket on.
Downtown was full of shops are restaurants. She started walking and decided on doing a little shopping. After awhile De started to get really cold. She walked into a small coffee shop and walked over to the register.
“What can I get you” A guy with gray hair asked her.
“Hot chocolate please” De answered.
The guy a few minutes later handed her a mug. De turned around and bumped right into someone’s chest knocking the up out of her hand and onto the floor. She heard the glass shatter.
“God damn you” De screamed.
“I’m really sorry” A voice said.
“You fucking better be” Why don’t you watch where your going”.
De looked up and saw a man wearing a tan trench coat and a hat that covered his hair and sunglasses covering his eyes.
“Please let me buy you another drink” He said.
His voice sent a shiver down her spine. She could have sworn she had heard it before.
“Ok I had hot chocolate”.
He ordered it and in minutes another hot cup was given to her.
She muttered thanks and went and sat down at a table near the back of the room.
She looked out the window.
“Are you alone” he asked.
She looked up to see him standing in front of her.
“Who wants to know” She snapped.
“no need to get an attitude” He said putting his hands up I was wondering because I was going to ask if I could join you”.
De gave him a skeptical look but shrugged. “Join me if you must”.
He sat down and started sipping what looked like hot tea.
“Are you from Denver”?
“Nope” She answered.
“Where are you from” He asked her.
“None if your business” She answered.
“So do you have a name” He asked her.
“Its De” She answered.
“Pretty name” He said.
“You know you don’t have to try and butter me up” She pointed out.
“I’m not I am trying to be nice”. “Why do you find that so hard to believe”?
De shrugged.
There were a few minutes of silence. Finally De asked “Why are you still wearing your hat and sunglasses in here”.
“Because I want to” He answered.
De noticed he seemed nervous.
“Take them off” De commanded.
“What”?
“I said take them off” “I want to see what your hair and eyes look like” She told him matter o factly.
“I am comfortable thanks” He replied.
“Why are you so resistant”? De asked suspiciously.
“No reason” He answered.
“I don’t buy that” She said.
“I have my reasons ok” the guy told her.
De rolled her eyes. “Whatever”. She stood up. “I need to go”.
He stood up with her. “Do you have to”?
De nodded.
“Let me take you to where you are staying” He asked her. “I have a limo waiting for me”.
De looked at him weird. “You’re rich”.
“You could say that” he answered.
He tugged at her arm. “Come on”.
De sighed in defeat. “Oh alright”.
They both walked outside and down the street where a big black stretch limousine was waiting.
“Wow this is huge” She gaped.
“Where are you staying” The guy asked.
“The holiday Inn” De told him.
The guy faced the driver. “The holiday Inn Carlos”.
“Yes Mr. Depp”.
De noticed the guy tensed. So he has a last name” She joked.
“Uh yeah let’s get in” He hurried her in.
De climbed in and looked around the huge car. She saw a TV and many buttons. On the way to the hotel she and MR. Depp talked about themselves. She knew that he wanted to keep his identity a secret. Finally they reached the hotel.
“Thanks for the ride” She said about to climb out.
“Wait” He called.
“What” She asked.
He handed her a piece of paper. “It’s my cell number call me sometime”.
De smiled. “Ok I will bye Johnny”.
She saw his face pale. “How did you”
“The last name plus your voice gave it away” She explained before he could finish.
And with that shut the door and ran into the hotel.

Tara woke up from her nap feeling rested up. She looked at the clock and saw that she had slept for a good couple of hours. She sat up and yawned. She stood up and walked out into the living room expecting to see Callie and De. She was welcome by an empty room.
“Where is everybody” She wondered aloud.
She waked over to the table and spied a note and picked it up to read.
Tara,
I went out to get some fresh air, been couped up in the room for way to long and Callie went to talk to AJ be back later
Love De
Tara smiled and put it back on the table. She was about to sit down when a knock on the door stopped her. She walked over and opened it.
Kevin stood there. “Hey we need to talk”.
“Ok” She replied letting him in.
“If this is about you being the baby’s father I am not letting you do it end of discussion.
“No it’s not end of discussion I really want to help”. Kevin pleaded.
“It’s not your problem” She argued.
“I know its not but I want to be a father to your baby” Kevin argued back.
“You have a career that you need to concentrate on” She told him frustrated.
“And like I said before I can handle both like Brian is”. He told her.
“It won’t be like Brian” Tara yelled.
“And why not” Kevin challenged her.
“Because I told you why at rehearsal” Tara reminded him. She wished that he would drop it.
“Not good enough” Kevin said. “There has got to be more than that”.
“Ok you want more here is one more it won’t be like a real family” She told him through clenched teeth.
“Oh really and why is that” Kevin yelled losing his temper with her stubbornness.
“ Because you aren’t in love with me and you will get tired of a baby real quick and leave me” She screamed.
Suddenly Tara felt a sharp pain in her stomach and everything went black.