- Text Size +
Chapter 16
Kevin watched in terror as Tara doubled over and started to go down. He caught her just in time before she had hit the floor.
“Tara” he yelled.
She didn’t move nor did she respond.
“Shit” Kevin said.
He moved her to the couch and laid her down. That was when he noticed the blood running down her leg.
“Oh god” he whispered.
A single tear fell down his cheek. He whipped out his cell phone and dialed Brian’s cell phone number. It rang twice before he answered.
“Hello”.
“Brian thank god I got a hold of you could you do me a big favor”? Kevin asked in a rush.
“Whoa hold on there Kevin is that you”? He asked.
“Yeah it’s me” He replied.
“What’s wrong” Brian asked concerned. “Are you ok”?
“I’M fine Bri but Tara isn’t” He whimpered.
“What’s wrong with Tara” Brian asked.
“I don’t know we were sort of arguing and all of a sudden she doubled over in pain and than passed out and now she is bleeding”. He explained.
“I’M scared”.
“Ok you have to calm down now what’s this favor that you want me to do”? He asked.
“I want you to get a cab downstairs ready for when I bring her down so I can get her to the hospital”? Kevin told him.
“Why not just call 911” Brian pointed out.
“Because it will take too long to get here” Kevin answered.
“Oh ok Ill go and get one” He said.
“Thanks Bri” Kevin said.
Kevin hung up the phone and picked Tara back up and walked as fast as he possibly could down to the lobby. He saw Brian waiting with a cab right by him.
Kevin got in the back with Tara still in his arms. Brian slid in next to him.
“Brian what are you doing” Kevin asked.
“I’m coming with you” Brian told him. “I’m not letting you go alone”.
Brian turned to the cab driver. “Nearest hospital”.
The cab driver nodded and sped away from the hotel.

Callie walked away from AJ’S hotel room and down to where the hotel bar was. Thankfully it was deserted. She just needed some time to be alone.
“What can I get you” The bartender asked.
“A heavy drink” Callie responded flatly.
“I’m sorry we don’t serve alcoholic drinks till after six” The replied. “Hotel policy”.
Callie rolled her eyes. “Fine than can you get me a diet coke”.
The bartender nodded and in minutes finished filling up a large glass. He handed it to her and Callie handed him some money.
“You seem a little down” He said.
“You could say that” she replied.
Callie went and sat down in the back corner of the room to have a little peace and quiet. She couldn’t even begin to describe how she felt. It was embarrassment, heartache and rejection all rolled into one.
“You look lost” A voice said.
She looked to see a guy sitting in the seat across from her.
“Do you mind” She asked rather rudely.
“Not at all but I like this seat and I’m not moving” He told her.
“Well I was here first” Callie hissed.
“Wow you are in a rather lousy mood” He noted.
Callie looked at him for the first time and thought with his sandy blonde hair and cold as steel blue eyes he looked like a model.
“Yeah well you would be too” She muttered.
“Oh what’s wrong”? He asked.
“None of your business”? She snapped. “Now get out of my seat”.
“How about we share the seat and you let me buy you another drink if you tell me what’s eating away at you” he suggested. “You know it’s easier to talk to someone especially someone who is a complete stranger”.
Callie considered it for a few minutes and finally answered. “Ok you got a deal”.

Tara groaned and her eyes fluttered open. She looked around but didn’t recognize her surroundings. She felt groggy and tired and she has a small stomach ache.
“Hey you’re awake” a voice said softly. She moved her head and looked at a tall smiling face.
“Kevin”? She whispered.
“Yeah it’s me” He replied.
She felt him take her hand and give it a reassuring squeeze.
“Where am I” She asked.
“The hospital” Kevin told her.
Her eyes opened a little wider. “Why”?
“Don’t you remember what happened” he asked.
“All I remember is feeling this pain in my stomach and than I saw black” She explained.
“You were bleeding so I took you to the hospital” Kevin told her.
“What’s wrong with me”? Tara asked sounding frightened. She hoped that she was dying or anything.
She noticed Kevin’s somber expression. “Kevin”?
“You had a miscarriage” Kevin finally told her.
Tara didn’t say anything.
Kevin sat on her bed. “Are you ok”?
“Yeah I guess” She finally answered looking him in the eye. “I don’t know whether or not to feel devastated or relived”.
“It’s my fault” Kevin said.
“How is it your fault Kevin”? Tara asked him looking at him like he was crazy. “These things happen”.
“The doctor said that the stress is what caused you to have the miscarriage and we were arguing about me being the father” Kevin explained. He put his head down in shame.
“Kevin look at me” Tara pleaded.
Kevin looked up and she could see that he was crying.
“It’s not your fault Kevin” She told him sternly. “I was stressing about a lot of things like doing my best for concerts, this baby and how I was going to take care of it and also trying to put the rape behind me”.
Kevin nodded.
“Now let’s put this all behind us” She said sitting up.
Kevin opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it. “You should get some rest” He told her finally.
“Ok only if you lay with me” She said somewhat shyly.
Kevin responded by laying next to her and Tara snuggled up to him. In minutes they were fast asleep.