- Text Size +
Chapter 17
A week later, the group arrived in Houston Texas. It was a hot and sunny day. Callie, Tara and De trudged up the stairs to there hotel room on the second floor.
“I am so tired,” Tara complained.
“Me too” Callie agreed.
“I’M glad that the concert is tomorrow and not tonight,” De told them. She slipped the card into the slot and opened the door. The three dropped their suitcases off in the bedrooms once they had decided who got what room.
“What do you want to do tonight?” Callie asked them.
“How about we go a night club,” Tara suggested.
“Oh no we are not going anywhere tonight,” De told them sternly pointing a finger at Tara. “You still need to rest”.
Tara rolled her eyes. “I am feeling fine now thank you very much” “I have been resting for almost a week now and I am getting tired of staying in”.
“I know you are but I don’t want you to push it,” De explained.
“I won’t be pushing it” Tara replied. “I do plan on dancing tomorrow night at the concert”.
“Tara” De exclaimed.
“Ok guys that’s enough arguing” Callie finally said. “How about we order room service and order a movie”.
“Sounds ok to me,” Tara said.
“Yep me too count me in” De agreed.
The girls looked through the menu and after deciding what they wanted Callie called and ordered. The three dressed in there pajamas and were now sprawled on the floor waiting for the movie they had picked to start.
“Anyone knows what’s been up with Kevin,” Tara asked.
“No I don’t why”? De asked.
“Well ever since I got out of the hospital he has been acting weird,” Tara told them.
“Weird how” Callie asked with curiosity.
“Its like whenever I am around him he seems preoccupied and acts shy almost like he is keeping something from me,” she explained.
“I don’t know what to tell you,” Callie said with a shrug.
“I think I know what it is” De told her.
“What”? Tara asked.
“I’m not going to tell you,” De told her.
“Why not”? Tara demanded.
“Because I don’t want to jinx it and you to be mad if I am wrong,” De said simply.
“Yeah your right doesn’t want to give her the same advice you gave me” Callie replied bitterly.
Tara gave them a confused look. “What”?
“Nothing” Callie and De both replied in unison.
Tara just shrugged and was interrupted by a knock at the door. De got up to get it and a bellhop had a tray with there dinners. De paid him and rolled the cart into the room. After they grabbed their food, sat back down, and started eating.
“So have you gotten the chance to talk to AJ?” De asked.
“No Miss Sara keeps interrupting” Callie grumbled. “Every time AJ is alone and I start to say something she suddenly shows up out of no where and hauls him away”.
“I hate that bitch,” Tara said.
“Me too” De replied. “He could do so much better”.
“Yeah you would be perfect” Tara pointed out.
“AJ doesn’t think of me in that way,” Callie pointed out. “He is in love with miss bitch”.
“I’m really sorry” De apologized. “I really thought he did”.
“It’s ok” Callie replied. “No big deal and I am moving on anyway”.
Both De and Tara gave her a skeptical look. They both knew that she was hiding something. Ever since they had left Colorado, she had been getting calls on her cell phone and being very secret about it.
“Anything you want to tell us” De challenged.
“Oh look the movie is starting” Callie said changing the subject.
De and Tara exchanged looks. De decided to let the subject go.
“Only for now” she thought.

Later on that night, Callie laid in bed waiting for her cell phone to ring. He was supposed top call her. Callie smiled remembering the day that they had met. There she was feeling sorry for herself about AJ and he had sat down and actually listened to her complain. He had bought her as many drinks as she wanted and had even provided her with a shoulder to cry on. After that, they had exchanged cell numbers and have been talking ever since. She had not told her friends about him because she knew they would think she was nuts talking with a stranger. The phone suddenly rang.
“Hello”.
“Hey Callie” the familiar voice said.
Callie smiled. “Drew I was just thinking about you”.
“I always think about you” He replied.
“So how are you”? She asked.
“I am great actually,” He answered happily.
“Oh really why”? Callie asked.
“Because I have some business that I need to take care of once and for all down in Houston,” He said.
“Hey that’s where we are this week” Callie exclaimed.
“I know I arrive tomorrow afternoon and I was thinking we could get together tomorrow night after the concert”. He explained.
“Sounds good to me,” she agreed.
They both talked for a few more minutes and than Callie hung up. She shifted to get more comfortable and slept with a smile on her face.

“Kevin that’s still wrong try it like this,” Fatima said with a frustrated sigh showing him the move again. “That’s the third time you have messed that up”.
Kevin briefly closed his eyes and did his best to concentrate on the move but was having trouble. He was having an off day.
“Ok its break time” She finally called.
Kevin walked over, grabbed his towel, and sat down. Brian walked over and sat next to him. “Ok spill”.
“Spill what”? Kevin asked quietly.
“What’s on your mind?” Brian said.
“Nothing is on my mind” Kevin lied.
“Yeah right Kevin you are usually the first to get all the moves down and you are having a Nick day today”.
Kevin just starred straight ahead and shrugged.
Brian looked ahead to see that Kevin was looking at Tara.
“Oh now I get it” he mumbled.
“Get what”? Kevin asked.
“You are messing up today because you have the hots for Tara” he replied.
Kevin looked at Brian. “No I don’t”.
“Yes you do” Brian argued. “You can’t even look me straight in the eye”.
Kevin just looked at the floor.
“You got to tell her man”.
“I can’t” Kevin snapped.
“And why not”? Brian asked.
“Because I just can’t” Kevin told him weakly.
“Because I can’t is not a reason” he informed him. “Ask her out on a date”.
“What if she says no,” Kevin asked.
“Than that’s just a risk you will have to take,” Brian told him straight up. “But I can almost guarantee that she will say yes”.
Kevin did not say anything so Brian took the opportunity to help him out. “Hey Tara”?
Tara who had been talking to one of the other dancers looked up “What”?
“Come here” Brian said motioning for her.
Tara mumbled something to the dancer and came over. “Yeah Brian”.
“Kevin has something that he would like to ask you”. He replied leaving.
Kevin looked up blushing a deep red and looked into her brown eyes. “Um I was wondering” he started.
“You were wondering what”? Tara asked.
“Ifyouwouldgooutonadatewithme” he mumbled.
“I didn’t hear that” Tara said.
Kevin sighed and looked at her. “I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date with me”.
Tara smiled. “I’d like that”.
Kevin grinned. “Ok how about tomorrow night after the concert?
“ Sounds good to me” Tara answered.
“ Ok back to work” Fatima called.

Later on after practice De sat by the pool with her cell phone and Johnny’s cell number in hand. For the past week she had been debating on weather or not to call him. She would start to dial the number but half way through she would get too nervous and hang up.
“ I/m going to call” She thought to herself.
She began to dial and actually got all the way through this time. It rang twice before a familiar sexy accent had picked it up.
“ Hello”?
De stayed quiet her voice not wanting to talk.
“ Hello”? he asked again.
“ Hi” De ‘s voice squeaked.
“ He De how is it going”? he asked brightly.
“ How in the hell did you know it was me”.
“ I would know your cute voice any where” He answered.
“ Right” she said.
“ I was wondering when you were going to call” he told her trying to strike up a conversation.
“ Uh I am busy” she said.
“ well being a dancer on tour and all you would be” he said.
“ I have to go” She finally said.
“ Ok but on one condition” he told her.
“ What’s that”? she asked.
“ You give me your cell phone number so I can call you later”.
She gave him the number and after saying good bye she smiled and walked back to the room.