- Text Size +
Chapter 18
The next night before the show the dancers all were behind the stage stretching.
“I am so excited about tonight” Tara exclaimed.
“We know you have been telling us that since he asked you” De reminded her.
“Awe so let her be excited” Callie put in.
“What’s with you” De asked her suspiciously.
“What do you mean” Callie asked in her best act of innocence.
“Well you have been in this mood lately and I know it has to do with a certain guy that you are trying to hide.
“I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about”. She remarked.
“Fine plays innocent” De told her. “But you know that I will find out”.
“Whatever” Callie said standing up.
She was thankful when De’s cell phone rang interrupting De’s interrogation session.
“Hello”.
“Guess who my beauty”. A voice told her.
Tara and Callie smirked when they saw her face light up.
“Hey Johnny this is a much unexpected call” De replied.
“I know I just wanted to say good luck tonight” he told her.
“Thanks” She said.
“Well I better let you go but you can count on me calling you later tonight” Johnny said matter of factly.
“Ok I will be very much looking forward to it” she answered.
After they said there good bye’s she looked back over to Tara and Callie. They were grinning at her.
“What are you looking at”?
“I’m guessing that was a Johnny” Tara said.
“Thank you for pointing out the obvious” De replied sarcastically.
“You make it obvious by your face” Tara defended.
A tech guy came running through. “Five minutes” He called frantically.
“Ready girls” De asked.
Both girls shook there head enthusiastically.
“Let’s do it”.
As Callie was walking she ran almost smack into AJ.
“We need to talk”.
“I have got to get on stage” Callie said coldly.
“I know you’re mad at me for not being there for you lately” AJ started.
“Three minutes” The tech guy told her.
Sarah snaked her arms around AJ’s waist and turned him around and gave him a big wet kiss.
“Good luck sweetie” she purred giving Callie a look.
Callie rolled her eyes and walk off before she got sick. He could here AJ calling her name to come back.

The show was a total success. Tara, De and Callie had danced there best yet and even Fatima had said so.
“That was great guys” Callie said.
“Yeah are best yet” Tara agreed. “Well I have a date to get ready for” “See you guys later”. And with that was off to change in her dressing room.
All the dancers had there own dressing rooms. They were much smaller than the boy’s of course.
“So do you want to rent a movie tonight” De asked Callie.
“I can’t” She replied looking at the floor.
“Let me guess you are meeting that mystery man some where right”.
Callie blushed but said nothing.
De shook her head. “Why can’t you be straight with us”?
“I’m sorry ok he just didn’t want me telling people”. Callie said apologetically.
“Why”? De asked.
“I don’t know” she admitted.
“Well at least tell me what his name is and where you’re meeting him”. De asked her.
“His name is Drew and I am meeting him at the park a couple blocks from here”.
De nodded. “Ok go have fun but be careful”.
“I will” she promised before disappearing into her dressing room.
De walked into hers and grabbed her clothes and walked into the bathroom. As she was dressing she heard the door open and someone walk in.
“Must be Nick” she muttered. “Ill be out in a minute” she called.
She walked out and gasped at the last person she wanted and expected to see.
“What in hell are you doing here and you’re supposed to be rotting in jail where you belong”. She hissed.
“Well I got out early for good behavior a few months ago” He replied. “I thought you knew better than to talk to me like that”.
“I can talk to you anyway I please” She yelled. “You never answered my question what the hell are you doing here”.
“Getting my revenge on you” he answered.
“Why haven’t you done enough” De screamed.
“No I obviously haven’t since I was out in jail thanks to you”.
“What are you going to do Andrew”?
He gave her an evil smile and walked up to her till he was in her face.
“Oh you shall see
“What the hell is going on in here” a voice asked harshly.
De was relived to see Nick at the doorway.
“And who is this your new boyfriend” Andrew sneered.
“That is none of your business”. De said angrily.
Nick walked over and got in his face and protectively pushed De behind him. “I don’t ever want to see you near her again you understand me”.
“I’m shaking” Andrew replied. He looked at his watch. “I have got to run”. He looked over and smirked at De. “It was such a pleasure to see you again”. And with that was gone.
Nick ran a hand through his blonde hair and turned to face De.
“Are you ok”.
“Yeah I’m fine” De replied
“Who the hell was that punk” he asked.
De looked away. “No one important”.
“That didn’t look like no one to me” Nick replied seriously.
“I don’t really want to talk about it” De said sighing in frustration. She sat down in a chair.
Nick worriedly looked at her. She looked really deep in thought. He grabbed a chair that was near by and dragged it over so he would be sitting right in front of her.
“Talk to me” he pleaded.
De rolled her eyes. “It started out when…”

Callie looked at her watch for like the up teenth time in the past half hour.
“W here are you” she muttered.
She had worn a baby blue halter and a pair of black dress pants. She wanted to look cute for him and in the case that he took to a public place she wanted to look her best. Callie looked around the deserted park. Because it was getting to be really late no one was there and Callie started to get a little freaked out. Suddenly she heard foot steps.
“Sorry I’m late” he told her.
“Its ok why were you late”? She asked.
“I had some business” He answered quickly.
“Oh ok so what are the plans for tonight”? Callie asked.
“It’s a surprise” he replied.
“Can I get a hint” She pleaded. “I/m really bad with surprises”.
“I can see that” Drew laughed. “Ok here is the only hint I’m taking you to a private place where no one will find us”.
“I can’t wait” Callie squealed.
“ Neither can I” he told her taking her arm.

Tara finished applying her make up when she heard a knock at the door.
“ Coming” She called.
She quickly finished applying her red lipstick and made sure her black skirt and white blouse looked ok before marching over and opening the door.
“ Hi” Kevin said.
“ Hi” Tara answered quietly suddenly feeling all shy.
Kevin pulled two dozen roses from behind him. “ These are for you”.
“ Oh Kevin” She whispered smelling them. “ These are so beautiful”.
Tara put the flowers in a cup of water since the dressing room didn’t have a vase
“ You look beautiful” He breathed.
“ thanks” She blushed. “ And you look handsome.
Kevin straightened his tie. “ Thanks”. “ Ready to go”?
Tara grabbed her purse “ Yep let’s go”.
Kevin held out his arm and Tara happily took it and hey both walked out of the dressing room.